Cybernations Convention 2012

Master Holton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I meet Schattenmann in real life, it will be solely in order to punch him in the RL face. This is not a joke.

Nah, it is a joke. I'd just give him nose a tweak and tell him he is bad.

I did have a wonderful lunch/drinking session with my then fellow ODN members Ithilien (long since retired) and Akasha (in Valhalla nowadays)..that was fun :). Tbh I would be up for a convention but please do accept the fact that I am likely to get tanked up and party, also can we have it in the UK please, Vegas is too damn far away :D

Small venues generally work well. Larger meetings can be a bit awkward at times and will end up with people hanging out with who they know well anyway.

I've done both. You can have fun with both. Most of the time, people end up talking 20% about the game they play together and 80% about other things, as with friends.

Also, obligatory: Yellowknife A&W.

lolYellowknife.

Well we need to decide on a location. :P If I'm to organize it I can already say it won't be in europe as I can't fly to go. It'll probably be somewhere in the Eastern USA. As to North or South I have no idea I still need to get more feedback to see who could make it to, say- Chicago, St. Luis, Nashville, etc.

I would consider a private gathering perhaps at a bar or something, but a convention would be out of the question. I can think of a handful of CNers I wouldn't mind meeting iRL, but I'm not really interested in any kind of mass gathering.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1325688993' post='2892297']
Been there, done that. Had half our govt, and former gov drinking in the same room. Basketball Ninjas call that a mirror AMIRITE?
[/quote]

Speaking of which, when is the next Argent meeting at your place Janax?

The first person I met online, we ended up getting busted with 8 pounds of marijuana, a glock & two sets if body armor. xD

And no, I probably would not go to this unless it was 30 minutes away, and even then... I don't want to know most of you past your CN persona

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1326693747' post='2900730']
Honestly, there would be too many high school kids there that would annoy the $%&@ outta me and id end up leaving anyway.
[/quote]

You are in the wrong crowds in CN then. Even though I have graduated college I am one of the younger members of Grämlins.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1325647287' post='2891925']
There are a handful of people that I've met in this game that I would ever consider meeting. And the vast majority of them have quit by now. I'd be embarrassed to be associated with any of the rest of you.
[/quote]
This, this, and 100 times this.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325651158' post='2891971']
If I meet anyone from CN in real life, it will be solely in order to punch them in the RL face. This is not a joke.
[/quote]
There are only a few people in CN i have met in RL, and that is because I got them into CN for at least a while. 1 or 2 still play, but I met them before they played CN.

There are only a few people I wouldn't mind meeting in RL. I just don't think there would be a whole lot to talk about.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1325652760' post='2891987']
Aww, we love you too. :rolleyes: It is interesting to meet people from CN but only if your friendship evolves into something that would last outside of the game. Either way, it is not that much different than an anime convention or so forth.
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly chica :)

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1325656062' post='2892035']
With very few exceptions I'd have absolutely nothing to say to anyone here in RL.
[/quote]
Ditto.

[quote name='Cerridwyn' timestamp='1325993353' post='2895346']
One thing that works is for people in a particular area to meet for a cup of coffee or a beer. It means people can come and go as they want.

For those who are involved in gaming conventions or sf conventions or something similar, set up a CN meet and greet. They are fun to have, have done them for other games/reasons and met some really neat people over the years.

I know Randalla and I are planning coffee again, 3rd time we've done it, in February (southern California). and wouldn't mind anyone else showing up. Location is still TBD, but greater LA area, Venice and Pasadena are on the drawing board. We usually do Intelligentsia cause they got rocking good coffee.
[/quote]
If by coffee you mean a healthy dose of booze I'm game :D

Nah, really I'm on the right coast but you are way too far south for me to want to drive all the way down there just for that.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1326047185' post='2895787']
CN bootycall
[/quote]

You would be suprised how often that has happened. I won't name names, but such things are not even that uncommon.

[quote name='Silver Empress' timestamp='1327036432' post='2903410']
This. Definitely this.

And just for JoeStupid, we can include alcohol and strippers in the paintball tournament.
[/quote]
Paintball, alcohol, and strippers?

Definately worth the trip.

• 10 months later...

We can have it at my house,,, its the best for several reasons:

* Its Kansas City, the center of America so all yanks are equal distance from it and international people pay less on flights caues its not a major airport

* Despite what you think about KC, its more badass than you realize. Great BBQ, great beer, and the girls from the Universities? Damn they are easy on the eyes

* I will have so many drinks.. dude like 2 kegs, 3 handles of Sailor jerry's, jungle juice, etc. We will literally go hamsauce

* The state I live in is named after my Cybernation, so thats like.. adding to the convention theme?

* I have a lot of cool friends (guys I know 3 girls that are DTF anyone for like, no reason... these arent my "friends" technically but they will be there)

* My house can support big parties. One time, we had about 15 people and a massive bag of shrooms and everybody literally tripped face. If a house can support 15 trippers, it can support 50 drunk people (which, despite the hundreds of players on this game, would be the max number that would actually show up).

* I will literally pay somebody that comes from out of the country, even Canada, $%&@ it... If someone is that devoted to the game, they deserve the money.

* You can crash at my place (reserve the couch early, it goes fast)

So yea if I get at least 20 people to commit to this (like seriously commit, we will make a facebook group for it) then I am down... No joke (except if there are little kids that play this game. Congrats for being that awesome for your age, but this is an 18+ party).

[quote name='bigshow8891' timestamp='1355790543' post='3065166']
We can have it at my house,,, its the best for several reasons:

* Its Kansas City, the center of America so all yanks are equal distance from it and international people pay less on flights caues its not a major airport

* Despite what you think about KC, its more badass than you realize. Great BBQ, great beer, and the girls from the Universities? Damn they are easy on the eyes

* I will have so many drinks.. dude like 2 kegs, 3 handles of Sailor jerry's, jungle juice, etc. We will literally go hamsauce

* The state I live in is named after my Cybernation, so thats like.. adding to the convention theme?

* I have a lot of cool friends (guys I know 3 girls that are DTF anyone for like, no reason... these arent my "friends" technically but they will be there)

* My house can support big parties. One time, we had about 15 people and a massive bag of shrooms and everybody literally tripped face. If a house can support 15 trippers, it can support 50 drunk people (which, despite the hundreds of players on this game, would be the max number that would actually show up).

* I will literally pay somebody that comes from out of the country, even Canada, $%&@ it... If someone is that devoted to the game, they deserve the money.

* You can crash at my place (reserve the couch early, it goes fast)

So yea if I get at least 20 people to commit to this (like seriously commit, we will make a facebook group for it) then I am down... No joke (except if there are little kids that play this game. Congrats for being that awesome for your age, but this is an 18+ party).
[/quote]

Dude you realize that most CN people suck at life right?

[quote name='Cerridwyn' timestamp='1325993353' post='2895346']
One thing that works is for people in a particular area to meet for a cup of coffee or a beer. It means people can come and go as they want.

For those who are involved in gaming conventions or sf conventions or something similar, set up a CN meet and greet. They are fun to have, have done them for other games/reasons and met some really neat people over the years.

I know Randalla and I are planning coffee again, 3rd time we've done it, in February (southern California). and wouldn't mind anyone else showing up. Location is still TBD, but greater LA area, Venice and Pasadena are on the drawing board. We usually do Intelligentsia cause they got rocking good coffee.
[/quote]

This one's got the right idea. Only way a CN con would work is more or less a piggy-back on an already established relatively popular convention.

On a sidenote, I could never see myself dating someone met online (at least while I'm young), but I have met a few online friends, gotten drunk with them and loved it. I met my best friend to this day about 4-5 years back in WAPA's IRC channel and we make a point to see eachother 1-2 times a year if possible.

And wow there sure are a whole lot of internet tough guys up in this thread.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1355795867' post='3065211']
Dude you realize that most CN people suck at life right?
[/quote]

Also, on this I'd say speak for yourself. I've noticed a fair number of the OWF dwellers and big alliance/CN personalities are actually pretty well adapted fully functioning human beings

Edited by Cairna