Cybernations Convention 2012

Master Holton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense mate, but i have zero desire too meet anyone in my rather disfunctional alliance, let alone else anyone in CN. I'm comfortable with thinking of people as their CN personas and absolutely nothing beyond that. Bringing in OOC changes things, and God knows OOC events have affected how the game is played enough as it is. I do not want to worry about how the person behind the computer screen feels about things, and i shouldn't have to worry about it. Cybernations is a [i]game[/i] and nothing more. Plus it'd be awkward as hell.

My .02.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1325643711' post='2891881']
[color="#0000FF"]I am not truly fond of any of you. I'll pass.[/color]
[/quote]
If only I could empty quote this.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1325643492' post='2891874']
If only there were any to begin with. At least any sane not living in a cave types.
[/quote]

My friend, let me introduce you to the Sasori Initiative. Our empress very rarely turns into a dinosaur and eats people, other than that she's perfectly sane!

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1325649023' post='2891946']
Oh man. Quoted for truth. The primary reason I won't even participate in a Skype call is that I feel like a retard when I hear myself say this stuff aloud.

-Craig
[/quote]
Talking in a bunch of alliance acronyms (rather than just thinking them), is the most awkward thing I have ever done.

My friend use to play with IRON in '06 and he left in '08. I don't think this would be a bright idea. Imagine all the age difference too.. some from 10 years old to possibly 70 years old.. :mellow:

Edited by LordDarknessOfLight

I was actually having this same thought the other day. Odd to find someone else thinking along the same lines. I think it would actually be pretty cool, but I don't see it working in the real world. There are so many people playing across the globe that the expense of meeting up for a convention would be much more than most could afford. The costs of setting up a convention would be extreme, as well, if done properly.

I would imagine it going down in a major city in the US...possibly along the same time line and place as a gaming or other popular convention is taking place (making it more worthwhile because you could attend both), having Admin present and giving a speech...discussing CN and unveiling grand new plans for the game for the future...riigght. Everyone would be required to have a dorky tag somewhere on them with their CN name, booths set up for any alliance wanting to do it, selling t-shirts, memorabilia, etc. and of course, prize drawings by admin for things like autographed memorabilia, and game perks. Possibly some other speeches, videos, etc. Could actually be cool with a lot of time, effort, money and most importantly...attendance. Yeah, I don't think it's a realistic concept but in theory it could be awesome.