Cybernations Convention 2012

Master Holton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bigshow8891' timestamp='1355790543' post='3065166']
We can have it at my house,,, its the best for several reasons:

* Its Kansas City, the center of America so all yanks are equal distance from it and international people pay less on flights caues its not a major airport

* Despite what you think about KC, its more badass than you realize. Great BBQ, great beer, and the girls from the Universities? Damn they are easy on the eyes

* I will have so many drinks.. dude like 2 kegs, 3 handles of Sailor jerry's, jungle juice, etc. We will literally go hamsauce

* The state I live in is named after my Cybernation, so thats like.. adding to the convention theme?

* I have a lot of cool friends (guys I know 3 girls that are DTF anyone for like, no reason... these arent my "friends" technically but they will be there)

* My house can support big parties. One time, we had about 15 people and a massive bag of shrooms and everybody literally tripped face. If a house can support 15 trippers, it can support 50 drunk people (which, despite the hundreds of players on this game, would be the max number that would actually show up).

* I will literally pay somebody that comes from out of the country, even Canada, $%&@ it... If someone is that devoted to the game, they deserve the money.

* You can crash at my place (reserve the couch early, it goes fast)

So yea if I get at least 20 people to commit to this (like seriously commit, we will make a facebook group for it) then I am down... No joke (except if there are little kids that play this game. Congrats for being that awesome for your age, but this is an 18+ party).
[/quote]
This would be very tempting despite all the hilariously obvious downsides.

CN people are just like internet users more generally: likelier to be young, educated, computer-savvy and introverted. I'm not the last two but still.

B-)

Yeah.yeah... lots of possibilities : on the Social Dark side / Bright side of this... some just want to have fun with this; others are having it without . The idea... yes, the Idea... is always inside many a player's minds and hearts! That's why we are posting here... But, the "NO" say'ers and others uncomfortable dudes have always the "biggest" reasons to avoid a 'happening' like this specific one...! We know and understand that. But the Idea, the interesting Idea, still is roaming our brains,even if we want to negate it...! So, for the time being, lets be conformed and more or less happy with those once in a while "socialization cyber-parties" we summon up here at CN among our unseen selves...'til something more "tangible" comes about...! =P Edited by HDSupreme

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325643549' post='2891876']
The only way I'd get behind this is if I got to go to vegas [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I'm voting for this as well, I'd love being able to swill drinks whilst all the underage CNers were outside on the sidewalk with their noses pressed on the window looking in.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1355808741' post='3065261']
I've met six people from CN, none of whom I went out of my way to meet. Five of them were good people, one was horribly catty.
[/quote]

.... Wow, you wasn't saying that then. But ok then!

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1355797752' post='3065219']
This would be very tempting despite all the hilariously obvious downsides.

CN people are just like internet users more generally: likelier to be young, educated, computer-savvy and introverted. I'm not the last two but still.
[/quote]

I'm sorry to inform you but if you're playing Cybernations or have even reached this thread you are not an extrovert.

Yeah, it's kinda awkward talking about some of this aloud. I've told a few of my friends in failed attempts to recruit them to CN... I always find myself sounds like the biggest dork and then I realize that I'm not sure I pronounce some member and alliance names correctly... cause I usually do it in my head. Besides all that, I'm way too cheap to spend money to go somewhere for such a thing. If it were close to where I live (China, lol) then I'd consider it. One of the reasons I've stuck around all these years (the better part of 6 years with my past and present nation) is because it's free to play.

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1355823878' post='3065288']
Yeah, it's kinda awkward talking about some of this aloud. I've told a few of my friends in failed attempts to recruit them to CN... I always find myself sounds like the biggest dork and then I realize that I'm not sure I pronounce some member and alliance names correctly... cause I usually do it in my head. Besides all that, I'm way too cheap to spend money to go somewhere for such a thing. If it were close to where I live (China, lol) then I'd consider it. One of the reasons I've stuck around all these years (the better part of 6 years with my past and present nation) is because it's free to play.
[/quote]

my mates ripped me for playing cn, and some ex's as well but I just show the don't give a $%&@ face and all is good.

Also I'd come but I wouldn't want to do it in someones house, well unless there's plenty of p**nany to go around. Pref I'd also like tux style/formal wear, wine, beer and champers.
What would be funny though, I bet a fight would break out after someone gets a bit to merry.

Edited by Amossio

Should be noted. Kansas City may be in the "Center" of the United States geographically, but its not actually the center as a matter of population distribution. Oddly enough, the Washington DC area is within half a days drive of about 70% of the US population. Anybody trying to get to Kansas City from the population centers would have to make a stop 2/3ds of the way through at a hotel, and then continue on the next day, and that's if they are hard core drivers willing to hit the interstate for 14 hours each day. Sorry, I still remember having to do the drive from my home in Tennessee to my parents place in Virginia. One State over and that drive took me 12 hours. The US is really huge.

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1355828618' post='3065292']
my mates ripped me for playing cn, and some ex's as well but I just show the don't give a $%&@ face and all is good.

Also I'd come but I wouldn't want to do it in someones house, well unless there's plenty of p**nany to go around. Pref I'd also like tux style/formal wear, wine, beer and champers.
What would be funny though, I bet a fight would break out after someone gets a bit to merry.
[/quote]

thats what I said about my house. I will invite all my friends who are girls to the CN convention. Besides my 20 or so friend girls, I know 3 girls that are DTF anyone for like, no reason.

Doesnt sound like much for a convention for hundreds of players, but you know barely anyone is really gona show up

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1355836427' post='3065309']
Should be noted. Kansas City may be in the "Center" of the United States geographically, but its not actually the center as a matter of population distribution. Oddly enough, the Washington DC area is within half a days drive of about 70% of the US population. Anybody trying to get to Kansas City from the population centers would have to make a stop 2/3ds of the way through at a hotel, and then continue on the next day, and that's if they are hard core drivers willing to hit the interstate for 14 hours each day. Sorry, I still remember having to do the drive from my home in Tennessee to my parents place in Virginia. One State over and that drive took me 12 hours. The US is really huge.
[/quote]

Noted, although I was thinking people fly in from other places, not drive.. Sure it costs money, but you can stay at my place and save on the hotel

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1355823836' post='3065287']
I'm sorry to inform you but if you're playing Cybernations or have even reached this thread you are not an extrovert.
[/quote]
But... my MBTI results... :psyduck:

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1355836427' post='3065309']
[/quote]

I imagine anyone going from the East Coast to KC would be flying, especially for what would probably be a short trip.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1355855023' post='3065368']
But... my MBTI results... :psyduck:

[/quote]

Hi, it's me again.

If you took a personality test to find out what your personality is, odds are -- you're not an extrovert.

The signs are all around you.

[quote name='bigshow8891' timestamp='1355840981' post='3065315']
thats what I said about my house. I will invite all my friends who are girls to the CN convention. Besides my 20 or so friend girls, I know 3 girls that are DTF anyone for like, no reason.

Doesnt sound like much for a convention for hundreds of players, but you know barely anyone is really gona show up
[/quote]

What I'd suggest is firstly dont take any notice of the dicks saying they dont like interaction with people, they just jelly of our exceptional good looks.

I'd be game but I really would prefer to have a dinner party in formal attire, if such can't be done I would turn up as long as I had notice. I would get a hotel room as well if I was to travel all the way to the colonies I'd prefer comfort rather than a uni pad.

[quote name='bigshow8891' timestamp='1355840981' post='3065315']

[/quote]

ITT this guy tries to give CN STI's.

Nice try, sir, but we all know sex isn't real.

Edited by Cairna