Declaration of War

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1323930166' post='2878592']
Thank GOD it only took one day for me to go back to hating VE. :smug:
[/quote]

I don't see this as any reason to hate VE Darthman. Hell if anything it shows how loyal they are to their pals and even if GOD and us don;t get along.....that's no fault of VE's.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323930628' post='2878608']
Such as what? Are you going to claim that you and GATO and best buddies? Or are you going to claim that you didn't piss people off when you told them they couldn't hit GOD?
[/quote]
They never told anyone they couldn't do anything. They just told them what would happen if they did.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323930628' post='2878608']
Such as what? Are you going to claim that you and GATO and best buddies? Or are you going to claim that you didn't piss people off when you told them they couldn't hit GOD?
[/quote]

You assumed we did this to gain people back for telling people they can't hit GOD. That is a false assumption.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1323930664' post='2878609']
I don't see this as any reason to hate VE Darthman. Hell if anything it shows how loyal they are to their pals and even if GOD and us don;t get along.....that's no fault of VE's.
[/quote]

See, I was forced into 'liking' them yesterday because they declared on The Apparatus. It was truly a horrifying feeling that no one else should be allowed to experience. Plus the fact this still doesn't make up for them being entirely a !@#$ alliance anyways.

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1323928358' post='2878516']
No, actually, I appreciate the information -- no sarcasm intended.

VE treaty-jumped through ghost wars without even being asked to. Just proves my point about their blatant opportunism even more strongly.

GATO, I can't salute you just yet, but I really do appreciate how stand-up you've been with us in this conflict.
[/quote]

Well come on now Phaedron, we had to attack someone, I'm just happy you guys have a nice upper tier, so our big nations can have someone to fight.

also thanx Neb-X, now we have more targets! Good luck, I look forward to hopefully seeing a few of you on the battlefield before this war ends.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323929214' post='2878545']
Gotta say, this post has garnered more respect from me than anything I've ever seen from your alliance. Way to man up and take responsibility - even if I don't think it's very much your fault. Someone else on your side of the coalition was probably supposed to let you know what was going on, and didn't, because they probably didn't care very much what happened to you. Reading this I kinda hope N-X gets off easy, even if I am miffed at them for attacking us when we're already fighting four-to-one.
[/quote]

Well said. This guy got used for labor, not his fault someone above him forgot to care enough to make sure he was clued in.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1323928460' post='2878520']
I have had every ally on my front asking for Val to pick up staggers for three days now, even though Valhalla was still in nuke anarchy.

For various reasons it seems everyone involved in our MilCom decided to go on vacation this week. Like I don't have enough RL stuff going down right now that I need to deal with.

Sonic approached me asking how he could help out with staggers and I had just received a list from ASG that I had no way to fill yet. I thought nothing of it when I handed some of the targets over to NebX, as I already saw them as fighting along side Valhalla. That he posted a DoW was actually a shock to me.

I knew that MK and VE had come to a deal that kept MK away from GOD. No one ever mentioned to make sure I got the memo that Impero determined how the coalition on our side was going to function in all ways pertaining to GOD. Believe it or not, I can't be bothered to read every single post on these forums.

So yeah, I'm pissed at the entire situation, and pissed even more at myself for putting a very loyal ally in a crappy position.

Every circumstance aside, I effed up.

So that said, feel free to troll away as only the OWF knows how.
[/quote]
No, you screwed up and then manned up and admitted it. If people still want to come here and give you hell about it than they are just going to make themselves look like a bunch of idiots.

This is just sad. On the one side, the winning side of a war is letting their strategy be dictated to them and actually apologizes for attacking someone, and on the other side we get to watch VE posture and act tough over attacking Nebula-X.

You are all terrible and should be ashamed. Except for Nebula-X, I guess. Who are they?

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1323935151' post='2878703']
This is just sad. On the one side, the winning side of a war is letting their strategy be dictated to them and actually apologizes for attacking someone, and on the other side we get to watch VE posture and act tough over attacking Nebula-X.

You are all terrible and should be ashamed. Except for Nebula-X, I guess. Who are they?
[/quote]

We are a bunch of Badasses ;)

[/quote]
It's a perfect testament to how awful the political landscape of this world has really become. There is no real winning side because everything is so tangled and everyone is so afraid of offending everyone else that they have all neutered themselves.

It's pathetic.

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323936026' post='2878717']
It's a perfect testament to how awful the political landscape of this world has really become. There is no real winning side because everything is so tangled and everyone is so afraid of offending everyone else that they have all neutered themselves.

It's pathetic.
[/quote]
Oh, I dunno. I feel like I'm winning. Feel pretty free to talk down to people, too.

Maybe it's just good to be me.

I don't get exactly why anyone "hates" VE. Don't know a whole lot about their history but from my time in GATO gov we only ever had a few trifle discrepancies that shouldn't particularly impair relations for a long time or in a serious manner.

Also Darth calls everyone terrible. I think I've only seen him hail things like once or twice.

VE whatever your reasoning or past, you are in the foxhole with me now. I'm not going to argue with a good thing and I won't forget you gave my alliance a shoulder to help rest a burden on, no matter how small and unnecessary. One good turn deserves another. I have never had you do anything wrong to me and so I have no reason to hate you.

People can call you opportunistic or whatever, but in reality most everyone is opportunistic. If you coordinated your wars with the coalition at large then you must have had a strategy. Whether or not it works out for you is another thing altogether. As for the Nebula-X issue, Valhalla admits it was a mistake. You are completely in the right over this as far as I can tell. If the posts by Valhalla can be taken at face value here, it seems it was an honest mistake and they seem willing to pull Neb-X back. I ask for your mercy on them to let them have an easy peace for a silly mistake. Things happen. Not that I am under the impression that you are obligated or even moved to consider my request.

Edited by Lanore

[/quote]

That happens in every war.

[/quote]

Well, who would blame them for defending their allies? Its about the gesture\friendship, not about the odds or pixels.

[/quote]

I hate when I have something to say to the OP, but when I start reading through the topic, I find that Heft already said it. Damn you, Hippo

Edited by Stonewall Jaxon

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1323936573' post='2878723']
I don't get exactly why anyone "hates" VE. Don't know a whole lot about their history but from my time in GATO gov we only ever had a few trifle discrepancies that shouldn't particularly impair relations for a long time or in a serious manner.

Also Darth calls everyone terrible. I think I've only seen him hail things like once or twice.

VE whatever your reasoning or past, you are in the foxhole with me now. I'm not going to argue with a good thing and I won't forget you gave my alliance a shoulder to help rest a burden on, no matter how small and unnecessary. One good turn deserves another. I have never had you do anything wrong to me and so I have no reason to hate you.

People can call you opportunistic or whatever, but in reality most everyone is opportunistic. If you coordinated your wars with the coalition at large then you must have had a strategy. Whether or not it works out for you is another thing altogether. As for the Nebula-X issue, Valhalla admits it was a mistake. You are completely in the right over this as far as I can tell. If the posts by Valhalla can be taken at face value here, it seems it was an honest mistake and they seem willing to pull Neb-X back. I ask for your mercy on them to let them have an easy peace for a silly mistake. Things happen. Not that I am under the impression that you are obligated or even moved to consider my request.
[/quote]

Psssttt... you, newbie.... your nation and your alliance is a tool in a greater scheme of things, but of course, you don't realize it. Watch and learn.