Declaration of War

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TRON IX' timestamp='1323924166' post='2878445']
Yes I know, It's a rare occasion for someone to admit a mistake was made. Most of the idiots here would have tried to spin it. I however am a straight shooter. Sorry to ruin your parade with honesty.
[/quote]

You just got your allied rolled, and by page four your bragging. If I were you I would be querying Impero right now and asking if Valhalla can take Nebula X's place.

Yes I know, It's a rare occasion for someone to admit a mistake was made. Most of the idiots here would have tried to spin it. I however am a straight shooter. Sorry to ruin your parade with honesty.
[/quote]
I wouldn't be too hard on the guy; I mean, why would anyone think that it was ok for this half of the world to attack GOD, but not anyone else? Who would be sitting around a war room watching GOD get wrecked and think "Woah, woah, better not attack GOD with any more alliances." No one, that's stupid, it makes no sense. So, cut the guy that made the bum call some slack.

[/quote]

I respect the fact that you're admitting your mistake.

[quote name='TRON IX' timestamp='1323922613' post='2878395']
Wires were crossed. Evidently the memo did not circulate throughout the ranks. Our Mil leader went on Vacation and a mistake was made by the person who stepped in (by sending Neb-X in on GOD instead of another target). VE had made their stance clear to us. This was indeed an error. As soon as the DoW was posted, NEB-X was immediately asked to back off and not to further declare or attack. I hope VE can accept this as an error and will allow NeB-X to peace out as they are innocent in this mistake.
[/quote]

Are you serious? :blink:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1323924316' post='2878448']
You just got your allied rolled, and by page four your bragging. If I were you I would be querying Impero right now and asking if Valhalla can take Nebula X's place.
[/quote]
You aren't the best at reading comprehension, are you?

Wires were crossed. Evidently the memo did not circulate throughout the ranks. Our Mil leader went on Vacation and a mistake was made by the person who stepped in (by sending Neb-X in on GOD instead of another target). VE had made their stance clear to us. This was indeed an error. As soon as the DoW was posted, NEB-X was immediately asked to back off and not to further declare or attack. I hope VE can accept this as an error and will allow NeB-X to peace out as they are innocent in this mistake.
[/quote]
I for one appreciate your stand-up response to all this. That said, I hope somebody gets sacked because [b]damn son[/b].

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1323919872' post='2878326']
We made our position very clear.[/quote]

Really, please include a link to the announcement on OWF where this was made clear.

[/quote]

The problem with back room dealing is that not everyone gets the memo. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to have been invited to this exclusive party. (We promised to bring our world famous sandwiches :nuke: No doubt that made the difference). For instance, I heard things from people who heard things but I only got my best confirmation of what happened from chatting with a member of GOD - after the war started.

So, if the powers that be decide to deal, might want to directly inform the rest of us. Yeah, I know someone might then decide to test it - but that's life on our planet. At least then no one can claim they were not told.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1323922955' post='2878407']
I'm... actually not sure that anything VE has done warrants the reaction they're getting. I can think of a number of alliances who probably do warrant this type of reaction for the way they behave, but they seem to be among the most critical of VE right now.
[/quote]

Ahhhh RIA... the voice of reason on Bob.

Did you happen to see their DoW on my alliance through two Ghost DoWs? And to think, I used to consider statistics boring. Let's go to the boards:

VE: 237 Total Nations
App: 71 Total Nations

VE: 7,926,341 Total NS
App: 2,809,269 Total NS

So I mean, if VE's double-jumping a set of treaties through ghost wars to attack an alliance about 1/3 their size and power when we are already engaged with GATO isn't blatant opportunism, then I really dunno what is.

I have no ill will towards GATO for asking for help -- we've been a pain in their butt. However, something tells me VE was all too eager to enter into a war they think they can easily win, both in the case of my alliance, and with the DoW here. It shows a pattern of not wanting to engage at the higher levels.

Don't worry though VE, The Apparatus will not be backing down any time soon... what we lack in nukes (compared to you guys), we make up for in steam-powered Gatling guns ;)

Best of luck to Nebula-X on their front. May you fight bravely!

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1323925149' post='2878463']
I for one appreciate your stand-up response to all this. That said, I hope somebody gets sacked because [b]damn son[/b].
[/quote]
It [i]had [/i]to be a Viridian [i]agent provocateur[/i]. No one to sack, he was on the train to Viridia 5 minutes after signing the orders.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1323925301' post='2878467']
Really, please include a link to the announcement on OWF where this was made clear.
[/quote]
I suppose this is as good as any: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107283&st=580&p=2869624&#entry2869624
[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1323382061' post='2869624']
First, we will hit anyone who comes in on them aside from the predetermined group of alliances, who were chosen to be a moderate but not overwhelming force and are already all engaged. Second, we will hit anyone who tries to impose what we consider to be unreasonable terms upon them as well.
[/quote]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323925337' post='2878469']
It [i]had [/i]to be a Viridian [i]agent provocateur[/i]. No one to sack, he was on the train to Viridia 5 minutes after signing the orders.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=470953"]Gigs up.[/url]

Also, White Chocolate, I don't feel like providing evidence, but I believe your whole post is full of inaccuracies. It's late and my eyes are tired.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323925337' post='2878469']
[/quote]
Did scratchscreen leak more of our plans?

[/quote]
I have to admit, I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that your Acting MoD was the only one talking to your allies about potential targets.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1323925868' post='2878477']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=470953"]Gigs up.[/url]

Also, White Chocolate, I don't feel like providing evidence, but I believe your whole post is full of inaccuracies. It's late and my eyes are tired.
[/quote]
They do make really good sandwiches.

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1323925323' post='2878468']I have no ill will towards GATO for asking for help -- we've been a pain in their butt.[/quote]

You may not know this, but GATO has no ties to VE. We asked for no help, they joined of their own accord. You may believe otherwise if you wish, but that is the truth of the matter.

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1323925323' post='2878468']
Ahhhh RIA... the voice of reason on Bob.

Did you happen to see their DoW on my alliance through two Ghost DoWs? And to think, I used to consider statistics boring. Let's go to the boards:

VE: 237 Total Nations
App: 71 Total Nations

VE: 7,926,341 Total NS
App: 2,809,269 Total NS

So I mean, if VE's double-jumping a set of treaties through ghost wars to attack an alliance about 1/3 their size and power when we are already engaged with GATO isn't blatant opportunism, then I really dunno what is.

I have no ill will towards GATO for asking for help -- we've been a pain in their butt. However, something tells me VE was all too eager to enter into a war they think they can easily win, both in the case of my alliance, and with the DoW here. It shows a pattern of not wanting to engage at the higher levels.

Don't worry though VE, The Apparatus will not be backing down any time soon... what we lack in nukes (compared to you guys), we make up for in steam-powered Gatling guns ;)

Best of luck to Nebula-X on their front. May you fight bravely!
[/quote]

Welcome to coalition warfare, I suppose.

Other than that I've been having a good time messaging back with my opponent in your alliance, there's nothing personal between VE and The Apparatus so let's just have a fun fight then shake hands and walk away in the end. Good luck in your wars.

Credit where credit is due ... VE finally grew a set and reacted quickly and against their best short term interests. Kudos.

Yes I know, It's a rare occasion for someone to admit a mistake was made. Most of the idiots here would have tried to spin it. [b]I however am a straight shooter.[/b] Sorry to ruin your parade with honesty.
[/quote]

You're gonna have to work on that. Public straight shooting is not a valued characteristic in the leader of a meatshield alliance.*

[size="1"]*You can straight shoot all you want behind closed doors as long as you take orders. Also, you're gonna want to watch ChairmanHal's AA; when he bolts there's a 95% chance you're about to get curbstomped.[/size]

EDIT: As I was saying ...

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1323925149' post='2878463']
[/quote]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1323926671' post='2878487']
You may not know this, but GATO has no ties to VE. We asked for no help, they joined of their own accord. You may believe otherwise if you wish, but that is the truth of the matter.
[/quote]

No, actually, I appreciate the information -- no sarcasm intended.

VE treaty-jumped through ghost wars without even being asked to. Just proves my point about their blatant opportunism even more strongly.

GATO, I can't salute you just yet, but I really do appreciate how stand-up you've been with us in this conflict.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323926741' post='2878490']
Welcome to coalition warfare, I suppose.

Other than that I've been having a good time messaging back with my opponent in your alliance, there's nothing personal between VE and The Apparatus so let's just have a fun fight then shake hands and walk away in the end. Good luck in your wars.
[/quote]

WC, you do seem to be an excellent advocate for your alliance... I can't dispute that.

However, if GATO didn't ask you to come in, I've gotta wonder why you thought that The Apparatus would be an interesting target, given our relative strengths.

That said, you guys haven't been rude or anything, so I'm happy to kill each others' pixels in relative solidarity until both sides have had their fill :)

Edited by Phaedron

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1323922874' post='2878401']
RIA maneuver complete.
[/quote]
you'd rather we left you to burn? or was RIA saving your asses from anyone further declaring on you enough to simply sustain you to come back and help destroy us later?