Declaration of War

I have had every ally on my front asking for Val to pick up staggers for three days now, even though Valhalla was still in nuke anarchy.

For various reasons it seems everyone involved in our MilCom decided to go on vacation this week. Like I don't have enough RL stuff going down right now that I need to deal with.

Sonic approached me asking how he could help out with staggers and I had just received a list from ASG that I had no way to fill yet. I thought nothing of it when I handed some of the targets over to NebX, as I already saw them as fighting along side Valhalla. That he posted a DoW was actually a shock to me.

I knew that MK and VE had come to a deal that kept MK away from GOD. No one ever mentioned to make sure I got the memo that Impero determined how the coalition on our side was going to function in all ways pertaining to GOD. Believe it or not, I can't be bothered to read every single post on these forums.

So yeah, I'm pissed at the entire situation, and pissed even more at myself for putting a very loyal ally in a crappy position.

Every circumstance aside, I effed up.

So that said, feel free to troll away as only the OWF knows how.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1323928358' post='2878516']
VE treaty-jumped through ghost wars without even being asked to. Just proves my point about their blatant opportunism even more strongly.
[/quote]

Yea pretty much. They realized just how many people they pissed off by the whole "only x can hit GOD" deal, that they had to win some back. GATO and VE are definitely not friends, but I guess the coalition just chose some random place to stick them so that VE could save face.

No one is really making a big deal out of it, because why complain when you can get people you don't like to be your meat shields?

Good luck on your wars btw guys.

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1323928358' post='2878516']
However, if GATO didn't ask you to come in, I've gotta wonder why you thought that The Apparatus would be an interesting target, given our relative strengths.

That said, you guys haven't been rude or anything, so I'm happy to kill each others' pixels in relative solidarity until both sides have had their fill :)
[/quote]

Seeing as we have allies such as TOP, Argent, NG, Umb, and GOONS all on one side and not getting countered, we wanted to hit someone and do at least something for the coalition. Sitting wars out isn't exactly the most fun thing to do. Our original plan was to hit GDA/Sentinel but NEW jumped us on that, so we sat around waiting for cannon fodder to jump in the war. I can't force people to defend Polar from TOP, or defend Sparta from Argent, or defend Fark from NG, etc, etc. All I can do is see an alliance that can probably use someone hitting them and hit them.

Honestly, nothing personal, you guys just had some people we could at least have fun fighting. We wanted to have some fun, so we found ourselves an in to have some fun.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1323925747' post='2878475']
I suppose this is as good as any: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107283&st=580&p=2869624&#entry2869624
[/quote]

Post #588 in one of the many war declarations that have been posted during this war. LOL - frankly that's not how you tell people about what's happening, that's how you hide it :P

(OOC: like having a notice posted down in the basement of a federal building on an old cork board next to the poster stating what the federal minimum wage is and who to call if you're employer isn't following federal law)

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1323925868' post='2878477']Also, White Chocolate, I don't feel like providing evidence, but I believe your whole post is full of inaccuracies.
[/quote]

Which only proves my point! It would not be full of inaccuracies if there was better communication - and I mean an up front OP post made by a government member of VE clearly stating their position. I'm not saying we need logs, or constant updates of back room discussions while it happens. I'm saying IF you're going to attack an alliance based on an action they took that you "clearly" said not to, then it should be posted clearly on the OWF.

People expect treaties to be posted, and now I'm hearing same goes for declarations of neutrality. Okay - how about deal made that, if broken, result in an alliance war? Why are treaties expected to be posted but something like this is not?

Look, I'm NOT defending Nebula-X per se. Actually, I've been complaining since I've read their DoW on our and BN's forum all day about how they crashed our party. Some of my ranting is that maybe they wouldn't have done so if it had been better communicated.

Thankfully, we have allies who at least have an ear to the back room dealing. SC isn't much smaller than Nebula-X and so if they really had no clue (as I didn't) then I feel for them because as the saying goes, "but for the grace of God go I."

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1323928460' post='2878520']
I have had every ally on my front asking for Val to pick up staggers for three days now, even though Valhalla was still in nuke anarchy.

For various reasons it seems everyone involved in our MilCom decided to go on vacation this week. Like I don't have enough RL stuff going down right now that I need to deal with.

Sonic approached me asking how he could help out with staggers and I had just received a list from ASG that I had no way to fill yet. I thought nothing of it when I handed some of the targets over to NebX, as I already saw them as fighting along side Valhalla. That he posted a DoW was actually a shock to me.

I knew that MK and VE had come to a deal that kept MK away from GOD. No one ever mentioned to make sure I got the memo that Impero determined how the coalition on our side was going to function in all ways pertaining to GOD. Believe it or not, I can't be bothered to read every single post on these forums.

So yeah, I'm pissed at the entire situation, and pissed even more at myself for putting a very loyal ally in a crappy position.

Every circumstance aside, I effed up.

So that said, feel free to troll away as only the OWF knows how.
[/quote]
Gotta say, this post has garnered more respect from me than anything I've ever seen from your alliance. Way to man up and take responsibility - even if I don't think it's very much your fault. Someone else on your side of the coalition was probably supposed to let you know what was going on, and didn't, because they probably didn't care very much what happened to you. Reading this I kinda hope N-X gets off easy, even if I am miffed at them for attacking us when we're already fighting four-to-one.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1323929116' post='2878542']
blah blah
[/quote]
to quote an old meme, private channels for the win, you all worked this out in back channels, isn't it ironic some weren't allowed into the super sekrit special channels?

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1323928444' post='2878519']
you'd rather we left you to burn? or was RIA saving your asses from anyone further declaring on you enough to simply sustain you to come back and help destroy us later?
[/quote]
New flash guys: Everything Bob Ilyani says is an anti-SF comment. More news at 10!

Listen, I know you like to be angry and all, but no need to see the forest for the trees. VE is fighting on both sides of this war, something that RIA did last war. So it's not exactly a crazy notion to make the correlation. There's no need to start this rehashed argument in this thread; I wasn't attempting to, so do yourself and all of us on the OWF a favor and drop this now.

I look forward to you spinning that one into an anti-SF comment. ;)

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323929214' post='2878545']Someone else on your side of the coalition was probably supposed to let you know what was going on, and didn't, because they probably didn't care very much what happened to you.[/quote]

Ya think?

Still doesn't change the fact that I'm the one who handed the list to NebX.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323929214' post='2878545']
Gotta say, this post has garnered more respect from me than anything I've ever seen from your alliance. Way to man up and take responsibility - even if I don't think it's very much your fault. Someone else on your side of the coalition was probably supposed to let you know what was going on, and didn't, because they probably didn't care very much what happened to you. Reading this I kinda hope N-X gets off easy, even if I am miffed at them for attacking us when we're already fighting four-to-one.
[/quote]
I've gotta agree with No-Fish. You've certainly owned the mistake, although the blame probably goes on your leadership.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1323929116' post='2878542']
Post #588 in one of the many war declarations that have been posted during this war. LOL - frankly that's not how you tell people about what's happening, that's how you hide it :P
[/quote]
The people who needed to know knew. That post, however helpful, wasn't intended to inform the world. VE didn't need to shout it from the rooftops and waste time and space in doing so when the other coalition was well aware and should have handled its declarations a little more carefully.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323928559' post='2878522']
Yea pretty much. They realized just how many people they pissed off by the whole "only x can hit GOD" deal, that they had to win some back. GATO and VE are definitely not friends, but I guess the coalition just chose some random place to stick them so that VE could save face.

No one is really making a big deal out of it, because why complain when you can get people you don't like to be your meat shields?

Good luck on your wars btw guys.
[/quote]

Complaining while we help your ally, can't say I'm surprised at all omni. Anyway, welcome to the wonders of coalition warfare I suppose. One would think with how long you've been around you would know what that means.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323929214' post='2878545']
[/quote]

Nebula-X will most likely get white peace when our war ends.

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1323929595' post='2878560']
New flash guys: Everything Bob Ilyani says is an anti-SF comment. More news at 10!

Listen, I know you like to be angry and all, but no need to see the forest for the trees. VE is fighting on both sides of this war, something that RIA did last war. So it's not exactly a crazy notion to make the correlation. There's no need to start this rehashed argument in this thread; I wasn't attempting to, so do yourself and all of us on the OWF a favor and drop this now.

I look forward to you spinning that one into an anti-SF comment. ;)
[/quote]
I don't really mind, I just find your hatred towards us quite sad considering we literally put ourselves on the line for you to the determent of our entire coalition, and our thanks was getting spit in the face.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323929845' post='2878575']
Complaining while we help your ally, can't say I'm surprised at all omni. Anyway, welcome to the wonders of coalition warfare I suppose. One would think with how long you've been around you would know what that means.
[/quote]

Hey, I was just trying to explain things to the laymen out there who don't understand what's going on. Shoot the message not the messenger and other stuff like that.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323930082' post='2878586']
Hey, I was just trying to explain things to the laymen out there who don't understand what's going on. Shoot the message not the messenger and other stuff like that.
[/quote]

You assume plenty in your "explanation".

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1323930166' post='2878592']
Thank GOD it only took one day for me to go back to hating VE. :smug:
[/quote]

Thankfully there are other members in your alliance with more class than yourself whom we've had the pleasure of coordinating with.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323930413' post='2878601']
You assume plenty in your "explanation".
[/quote]

Such as what? Are you going to claim that you and GATO and best buddies? Or are you going to claim that you didn't piss people off when you told them they couldn't hit GOD?