WHY HATE THE LEGION ?

SonicPluto

Legion   

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316985093' post='2808391']
You're also responding to him that you were fighting for one ally in the war in argument to his assertion that Legion was fighting for one ally in the war.
[/quote]
He listed us as an alliance that fought in NPO's "coalition". I'm going under the idea that the NPO-DH and NpO-PB wars were separate conflicts. So no, we fought in Polar's coalition, but not in Pacifica's.

Also, yes. RoK fought for our (at the time) ally NpO and [u]only[/u] for them.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316985093' post='2808391']
I don't mind Legion. You're an old world alliance with a (apparently) perfectly fine internal dynamic keeping you going being judged by outsiders in a system that uses number of treaties as a metric for success. You've lost a lot of wars, but that apparently hasn't mattered since you've lasted more losing wars than most alliances have lasted winning wars.

If you wanted to start doing the OWF thing, as other have pointed out, you'd have to mobilize massively to meet external criteria: serious nation-building, an OWF presence, and treaties with some asshammers in the PB/DH or Duckroll/Mjolnir periphery.

[/quote]
And the right person to bring it all together.

One with motivation, and talent, and is a known quantity.

There are few such people left on Planet Bob, however.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316670955' post='2805777']Instead, get someone to handle the OWF for you and do damage control in cases like this. Someone who can sweep away criticism with charisma and grace.[/quote]

Kzoppistan is correct.

As much as I'm a believer in free speech, please DO discourage your regular (and especially new) members from starting topics on the OWF. People should think of the OWF as a pit of vipers. Only those trained in handling venomous snakes may start a topic. Everyone else stand back. Seriously, I don't even start topics here, except for treaty announcements, and only because someone has to.

If you must, then try "petting" the viper that someone else is holding by posting comments under other people's OWF topics. At worst, if a mistake is made there most people don't read it anyway.

Encourage members to say whatever on your own forum. If someone decides to come on your private forum and take screen shots, shame on them. But starting topics here is NOT a good move.

Edited by White Chocolate

Once many years ago there was an alliance on Purple called the legion, they had fought in the first few great wars, won some lost more, but were still a big deal,
The other big alliance on Purple, Valhalla was at this time run by a complete psycho called NoWedge, One day legion leadership c(f)ooked up a conspiracy to coup NoWedge and put there own mate in charge of Valhalla, unfortunately they forgot that NPO and allies really ran the game at that point and would look dissaprovingly on there actions,
In one night Legion Leadership disbanded the alliance and ran for cover, unfortunately they hadn't pre warned there membership what was occurring so whilst the leaders were hiding the rest woke up one morning to find themselves at war with most of the important alliances of the game, TBF they pulled themselves together, but after NPO and friends had grown board of there tech raid Legion was ever after a puppet of that side of the treaty web and a shadow of it's former self

[quote name='SynthFG' timestamp='1317255307' post='2810570']
Once many years ago there was an alliance on Purple called the legion, they had fought in the first few great wars, won some lost more, but were still a big deal,
The other big alliance on Purple, Valhalla was at this time run by a complete psycho called NoWedge, One day legion leadership c(f)ooked up a conspiracy to coup NoWedge and put there own mate in charge of Valhalla, unfortunately they forgot that NPO and allies really ran the game at that point and would look dissaprovingly on there actions,
In one night Legion Leadership disbanded the alliance and ran for cover, unfortunately they hadn't pre warned there membership what was occurring so whilst the leaders were hiding the rest woke up one morning to find themselves at war with most of the important alliances of the game, TBF they pulled themselves together, but after NPO and friends had grown board of there tech raid Legion was ever after a puppet of that side of the treaty web and a shadow of it's former self[/quote]

Technically NoWedge was a misogynist, but ummm...ok? <_<

Also, between the Dove War/Legion-Valhalla War and the attempted disbandment of Legion that led to the viceroyship with NPO, the Unjust War was fought and resulted in a Legion victory as part of the ~ coalition.

Legion's early existence has been a roller coaster with dramatic highs and lows. I would agree that Legion was never quite the same after being a NPO "puppet state", though I think it fairer to say that from that low point they recovered but really haven't taken as seriously as they once were. You could blame Lord Swampy, but as I suggested earlier, the problem with Legion has more to do with all the little things they don't get quite right, more so than any sort of major thing to which you can point.

[quote name='SonicPluto' timestamp='1316504765' post='2804415']
Hey I'm not that old - 20day nation

Anyways I've been browsing and why does everyone hate the legion? - They were powerful at one point, What Changed?

[size="5"][b][color="#FF0000"]OK I HATE THE LEGION NOW. I NEED A ALLIANCE SO I CAN JOIN THATS WILLING TO HELP ME F**KEN GET REVENGE!! [/color][/b][/size]
[/quote]

Haha wow. This truly is an underrated thread.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317444304' post='2813208']
The grand crusade is over :(

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&view=findpost&p=2813171"]http://forums.cybern...dpost&p=2813171[/url]
[/quote]

Oh how sad.

Yet predictable. This always seems to happen with grand crusades. One of the many reasons I prefer petit crusades. Much more satisfying in the long run.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317444304' post='2813208']
The grand crusade is over :(

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&view=findpost&p=2813171
[/quote]

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1317461026' post='2813274']
Oh how sad.

Yet predictable. This always seems to happen with grand crusades. One of the many reasons I prefer petit crusades. Much more satisfying in the long run.
[/quote]

Don't Worry you two I am elaborating with around 27 Nations willing to fight the Legion (with permission from there alliance)
Although I'm not sure a petty war against the legion is right so i told them to listen to ****** and withdraw from our little 28 way chat.

I'm interested to see how they are going to go without me. Will they fight? who knows.
I on the other hand need to focus on my nation and that is why I am trying to surrender.

[quote name='SonicPluto' timestamp='1317469055' post='2813298']
Don't Worry you two I am elaborating with around 27 Nations willing to fight the Legion (with permission from there alliance)
Although I'm not sure a petty war against the legion is right so i told them to listen to ****** and withdraw from our little 28 way chat.

I'm interested to see how they are going to go without me. Will they fight? who knows.
I on the other hand need to focus on my nation and that is why I am trying to surrender.
[/quote]
How many of these 27 nations exist outside of your head?

[quote name='SonicPluto' timestamp='1317469055' post='2813298']

[/quote]So you're suing for peace with Legion and still trying to array a small coalition against us?

I don't think this "grand crusade" [i]is[/i] over!

You'd better get those 27 nations you managed to cobble together (dios mio man!) locked in real quick, maybe they can help you get better terms when it's all over. lol.

Edited by bigdaddychacha

[quote name='MeltedLazerz' timestamp='1317476623' post='2813325']
You do understand that trying to get 27 other nations to attack us is still an act of war against us (unless of course they all exist in your head)?
[/quote]

An act of war? As opposed to spying on your forums and sharing private info?