WHY HATE THE LEGION ?

SonicPluto

Legion   

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1316648509' post='2805536']
Which you so [i]aptly[/i] prove with your numerous and lengthy responses in many anti-Legion threads.

Also, did Tiber Septim ever deliver my message to you? If he didn't, I will not be pleased. :mad:
[/quote]
Shouldn't you be busy building your hilariously bad warchest instead of giving CN more reasons to laugh at you with your idiotic posting?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SiCkO' timestamp='1316649605' post='2805552']
:facepalm:

This is not the way you win favor on the OWF
[/quote]

True, but to be fair he is new. That and he only asked a honest question. I don't see why everyone jumped on him for merely being inexperienced in the workings of the OWF.

It seems that if you weren't here prior to 2007 your opinion doesn't matter, and that anything less than an encyclopedic knowledge of CN history invites ridicule. Of course that encyclopedic knowledge needs to match the revisionists who make up the majority of OWF inhabitants, or else.

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1316648509' post='2805536']
Which you so [i]aptly[/i] prove with your numerous and lengthy responses in many anti-Legion threads.

Also, did Tiber Septim ever deliver my message to you? If he didn't, I will not be pleased. :mad:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It takes me but a mere moment to provide a response to the likes of you, and on those rare occurrences where I do use a bit more diction, rest assured, it is not out of hate. It simply brings me pleasure, being able to laugh at you. With all the stress in my life it is a small comfort knowing that the Legion will always be around to bring a smile to my face.

And no, I am afraid I did not get your message. But if you would like to give it to me yourself, well, I am all ears.[/color]

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316650727' post='2805565']
True, but to be fair he is new. That and he only asked a honest question. I don't see why everyone jumped on him for merely being inexperienced in the workings of the OWF.

[b]It seems that if you weren't here prior to 2007 your opinion doesn't matter[/b], and that anything less than an encyclopedic knowledge of CN history invites ridicule. Of course that encyclopedic knowledge needs to match the revisionists who make up the majority of OWF inhabitants, or else.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That's a fine bit of revisionism you've done there, me ami. But you oversimplify the situation, as always. Most of the reasons people think poorly of Legion are not from years past. Sure, there are a few who cannot get over those ancient events, but most of us are more concerned with your more recent embarrassments (most of which stem from the last war). Understand, your past incompetence only reinforces our opinions of you, but it is not the cause of it.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1316651300' post='2805572']
[color="#0000FF"]It takes me but a mere moment to provide a response to the likes of you, and on those rare occurrences where I do use a bit more diction, rest assured, it is not out of hate. It simply brings me pleasure, being able to laugh at you. With all the stress in my life it is a small comfort knowing that the Legion will always be around to bring a smile to my face.

And no, I am afraid I did not get your message. But if you would like to give it to me yourself, well, I am all ears.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]That's a fine bit of revisionism you've done there, me ami. But you oversimplify the situation, as always. Most of the reasons people think poorly of Legion are not from years past. Sure, there are a few who cannot get over those ancient events, but most of us are more concerned with your more recent embarrassments (most of which stem from the last war). Understand, your past incompetence only reinforces our opinions of you, but it is not the cause of it.[/color]
[/quote]

I don't understand what's revisionist about my comment. I've seen and been the subject of many a "You weren't here for GWIII --GASP-- be gone welp!" type of responses.

I wasn't really asking why the Legion is disliked as I understand, but don't agree with, the reasons. I was asking why someone so new received such a harsh response to an honest question.

As for recent events I've explained my contention on the whole PM mode subject. But going back to the statement I just made; I do understand your point of view. You needed us to more fully enter the field of battle, and we did not. I really can understand your disappointment in that, but NSO as a sovereign alliance entered into battle of it's own volition. As such NSO and only NSO were responsible for the damage that occurred as a result. While we were in the same coalition we held no treaty with you, and unfortunately our obligations didn't match your expectations. Warning I'm going to over-simplify again - things didn't go the way you wanted so you're taking it out on us.

Instead of that how about this? Try to realize that war is hell and a lot of times outside of your control. With that knowledge you could perhaps redirect your considerable anger towards something more useful than just bashing The Legion over the head every chance you get. Maybe like making sure you line up on the other side of us in the next war. I'll even go so far as to give you my word that I won't go to PM. Despite your contention that all of the Legion stayed in PM for the entire war I (and a hell of a lot of other Legionnaires) fought in the last war and I'll make sure that I'm there for the next one. That way you'll have as fair a shot at me as anyone.

Do you Legionaires keep some horribly biased and outdated history on your forums that causes countless new uninformed Legion members to be filled with delusions of grandeur that would lead them to firstly create these horrendous topics on a steady basis and secondly try and debate people who affirm your alliances general incompetency?

It doesn't do you any services and really only manages to produce negative results. You should consider placing a history that doesn't inflate the image of Legion beyond what it ever managed to be; an incompetent paper-tiger that managed to be formed early enough to garner enough members to be considered by mass alone worthy of some admiration back in 2008...after which it quickly feel into the dustbins of history and has managed to keep itself there only occasionally throwing itself onto the OWF skewer.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316655313' post='2805598']
As for recent events I've explained my contention on the whole PM mode subject. But going back to the statement I just made; I do understand your point of view. You needed us to more fully enter the field of battle, and we did not. I really can understand your disappointment in that, but NSO as a sovereign alliance entered into battle of it's own volition. As such NSO and only NSO were responsible for the damage that occurred as a result. While we were in the same coalition we held no treaty with you, and unfortunately our obligations didn't match your expectations. Warning I'm going to over-simplify again - things didn't go the way you wanted so you're taking it out on us.
[/quote]

Generally when one is present (especially when they have a hand in organizing) a coalition war strategy, it is expected that they take part in the proceedings. NSO's issue is that, despite helping organize the attacks on opposing forces in the DH-NPO war, Legion chose to sit back and protect their infra in peace mode, leaving NSO and other alliances to take a larger portion of the damage. When one goes into battle they expect their fellow soldiers to join them, not sit back and protect themselves while their comrades die.

Shame on you for hiding behind the banner of "not having a treaty". Your stupidity and cowardice cost NSO and others a lot. I hope they repay the insult by one day looting the tech from your nations.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1316658943' post='2805627']
Generally when one is present (especially when they have a hand in organizing) a coalition war strategy, it is expected that they take part in the proceedings. NSO's issue is that, despite helping organize the attacks on opposing forces in the DH-NPO war, Legion chose to sit back and protect their infra in peace mode, leaving NSO and other alliances to take a larger portion of the damage. When one goes into battle they expect their fellow soldiers to join them, not sit back and protect themselves while their comrades die.

[u]Shame on you for hiding behind the banner of "not having a treaty"[/u]. Your stupidity and cowardice cost NSO and others a lot. I hope they repay the insult by one day looting the tech from your nations.
[/quote]

My point of not having a treaty is that we, just as all alliances do, have to consider the needs of our members and closest allies first. If after that we can still assist then we will and have on several occasions. Since several in our coalition decided to leave the fight before we did (when did Ragnarok exit? March wasn't it?) we had to take that into account.

So the guy with 1/3 of my casualties claims that I'm hiding behind an excuse? That's rich! I've not hid in any of the wars I've been involved in, those being Karma, Bi-Polar, and yes the last war Doomhouse. I had plenty of company in Doomhouse from my Legion comrades from January all the way until May, and yet we are continually called out for having not fought.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316650727' post='2805565']
[/quote]

dont worry, its not a big deal to me ;)

as for jumping on him........................welcome to the OWF? :P

Edited by SiCkO

[quote name='SonicPluto' timestamp='1316504765' post='2804415']
Hey I'm not that old - 20day nation

Anyways I've been browsing and why does everyone hate the legion? - They were powerful at one point, What Changed?

(I'm Part of The Legion and very proud to be so)

[size="5"][color="#800080"]THE LEGION FOR THE WIN
- PROUD [/color][/size]
[/quote]

An honest question honestly answered.

Legion is different than most of the current alliances in that it had a highly developed system of internal politics that is the hallmark of alliances that came from "another game." Some of these alliances used their internal politics to create unity and enhance productivity (ex: The New Pacific Order). The Legion has generally used that system to promote a sense of inconstancy among non-Legion alliances.

Traditionally the Legion has managed to train its hordes of recruits more completely in the arts of rhetoric and self-delusive ideology than useful skills like national development or puissance at arms. Combine this with a succession of martyr leaders that alternately abandon the alliance to repent of their sins or are forced out of the alliance in order to achieve peace in a losing war, [i]and[/i] a continual diaspora of competence fleeing her purple shores and you are left with something worthy of little more than derision.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316660180' post='2805643']
My point of not having a treaty is that we, just as all alliances do, have to consider the needs of our members and closest allies first. If after that we can still assist then we will and have on several occasions. Since several in our coalition decided to leave the fight before we did (when did Ragnarok exit? March wasn't it?) we had to take that into account.

So the guy with 1/3 of my casualties claims that I'm hiding behind an excuse? That's rich! I've not hid in any of the wars I've been involved in, those being Karma, Bi-Polar, and yes the last war Doomhouse. I had plenty of company in Doomhouse from my Legion comrades from January all the way until May, and yet we are continually called out for having not fought.
[/quote]
Your closest allies were in the coalition in question. You went against the entire coalition, which means going against your "closest allies". And if I recall, RoK was fighting for Polar, not Pacifica. They weren't with you.

And he's not questioning [i]you[/i] specifically. He's questioning your alliance. Granted, one million casualties for a thousand day old nation isn't very impressive.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316655313' post='2805598']
-snip-
[/quote]

The simple fact of the matter is that the Legion brand has been too tainted for too long, and now that the game is this advanced it would take a herculean investment by extraordinarily competent leaders to reform it into anything approaching the lukewarm reception that Legionnaires have so long hoped for.

It is far easier to just make a new alliance than try to revivify your Barney fossil which is currently buried under mountain chains worth of baggage and negative perception.

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316660180' post='2805643']

[/quote]

We didn't fight in your coalition. We fought for Polar against PC.

Also, I fail to see the point in your arguments. NSO fought until late March and lost considerably more NS, infra and tech than you did... they still haven't recovered. "Fighting" until May doesn't mean much when literally over 90% of your alliance is in Peace Mode.

EDIT: This is one of the few, few times that I agree with Gibsonator in an IC context. Let's sit back and let that sink in.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1316661279' post='2805653']
Your closest allies were in the coalition in question. You went against the entire coalition, which means going against your "closest allies". And if I recall, RoK was fighting for Polar, not Pacifica. They weren't with you.

And he's not questioning [i]you[/i] specifically. He's questioning your alliance. Granted, one million casualties for a thousand day old nation isn't very impressive.
[/quote]

When you say "going against our entire coalition" if you mean that we didn't fight at all that just false. We did fight throughout the entire war from late January to early May, something that very few including our most vocal critic Rebel Virginia can say.

While BI didn't question me specifically, you did. Of the 23 GOD nations in my range only four or five have more casualties than I do. Admittedly I didn't double check their ages, but I think you'd agree that most of those nations are close to my age. My point here is that the Legion is being criticized by those that aren't standing on firm ground themselves.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1316661484' post='2805656']
The simple fact of the matter is that the Legion brand has been too tainted for too long, and now that the game is this advanced [u]it would take a herculean investment by extraordinarily competent leaders to reform it [/u]into anything approaching the lukewarm reception that Legionnaires have so long hoped for.

It is far easier to just make a new alliance than try to revivify your Barney fossil which is currently buried under mountain chains worth of baggage and negative perception.
[/quote]

I'm currently undertaking just such an endeavor. Any suggestions.?

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1316658943' post='2805627']
Generally when one is present (especially when they have a hand in organizing) a coalition war strategy, it is expected that they take part in the proceedings. NSO's issue is that, despite helping organize the attacks on opposing forces in the DH-NPO war, Legion chose to sit back and protect their infra in peace mode, leaving NSO and other alliances to take a larger portion of the damage. When one goes into battle they expect their fellow soldiers to join them, not sit back and protect themselves while their comrades die.[/quote]
This is incorrect only in the sense that Legion did no organizing. You're giving them way too much credit Bob :P. Legion had to be dragged into that war kicking and screaming. They flat out refused to fight MK and Umbrella, crippling the war effort from the start.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316662562' post='2805667']
I'm currently undertaking just such an endeavor. Any suggestions.?
[/quote]
You know, usually I think radio silence is a bad idea, but in Legions case it might be worth looking into.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316662268' post='2805662']
When you say "going against our entire coalition" if you mean that we didn't fight at all that just false. We did fight throughout the entire war from late January to early May, something that very few including our most vocal critic Rebel Virginia can say.

While BI didn't question me specifically, you did. Of the 23 GOD nations in my range only four or five have more casualties than I do. Admittedly I didn't double check their ages, but I think you'd agree that most of those nations are close to my age. My point here is that the Legion is being criticized by those that aren't standing on firm ground themselves.
[/quote]
The majority of The Legion sat in PM for the entirety of the war. This is fact. Having 30 nations out of however many you had/have fight is not impressive. Hell, even having 100 fight during the war is sad since you started with over 400. Did you have [i]some[/i] nations fight the entire war? Sure. Is that something to brag about? Lol no.

GOD wasn't hiding in PM last war iirc.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1316663153' post='2805671']
The majority of The Legion sat in PM for the entirety of the war. This is fact. Having 30 nations out of however many you had/have fight is not impressive. Hell, even having 100 fight during the war is sad since you started with over 400. Did you have [i]some[/i] nations fight the entire war? Sure. Is that something to brag about? Lol no.

GOD wasn't hiding in PM last war iirc.
[/quote]

Not bragging and I never said that GOD was hiding. Merely responding to your comment on my casualties.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316663462' post='2805681']
Not bragging and I never said that GOD was hiding. Merely responding to your comment on my casualties.
[/quote]
You're out here explaining (that work better?) about how Legion has to think of your closest allies, but you didn't even do that.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1316663829' post='2805692']
You're out here explaining (that work better?) about how Legion has to think of your closest allies, but you didn't even do that.
[/quote]

NPO, Invicta, NADC, Sanitarium, CoJ, ML, TSI, TPF, 64Digits, SNAFU, and KN are the alliances that surrendered with us in May. Of those NPO, Invicta, and NADC were our direct treaty partners, and they didn't have a problem with how we handled the war. On the contrary NSO, who got out more than a month before we did, have piped up time and again that if we had only fought they would have done better.

The extended PM tactic was just that, a tactic meant to try and gain an advantage in a losing war. I'm painfully aware that said tactic has had far reaching consequences beyond the end of the war. We have to live with that. But what I don't have to live with is that we didn't fight. I fought, and a good many other Legionnaires fought that war and others. I also won't accept the notion that The Legion is a lost cause. Maybe I'll go down in flames with her some day, but I'll try my damndest to make her better for as long as there's Tech in fair Fharraige.

Edited by LeonidasRexII

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1316665087' post='2805715']
I'm painfully aware that said tactic has had far reaching consequences beyond the end of the war.
[/quote]
That's because your allies [i]did[/i] have a problem with that. That and not even trying to pay your portion of the reps? Come on.