Is This Legit?

supercoolyellow

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1313242476' post='2779603']
I couldnt name one larger, more important war that actually centered around GOD, but the past is actually irrelevant. What counts is the present.
They are getting isolated by their own allies and couldnt move a finger without someone using it as an opportunity to punch them in the face. They are deadlocked. How are they ever going to be a threat to TOP?

Also, what does Grämlins have to do with this? Thats just the lowest form of a "NO U" reply.
[/quote]
I have to agree. Attacking someones AA because they brought up a valid point isn't the way to go. Everyone seems to do it nowadays :(.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1313257272' post='2779712']
"GOD's war on _____ was more important than Gre hitting NpO in 2008" - Haflinger
[/quote]

I like that game.

"GOD's _________ was more important than Gre leaving Q as first alliance leading to the downfall of it" - Haflinger

[quote name='EpsilonPhoenix' timestamp='1313271229' post='2779938']
God help us if MK and NPO settle their differences and merge.
[/quote]
Well, they [i]are[/i] our most highly regarded ODP partner.

Who knows what the future holds!

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1313303291' post='2780379']
To all those people wearing those new "nominal" sigs about MJ: How does it feel wearing that sig when no one in MJ takes offense to that post which is "suppose" to be offensive?
[/quote]
If Mjolnir is fine being marginalized, I think it says more about Mjolnir than about the people that take objection to it.

Edited by Schattenmann

To all those people wearing those new "nominal" sigs about MJ: How does it feel wearing that sig when no one in MJ takes offense to that post which is "suppose" to be offensive?
[/quote]

That's actually part of the joke, Feanor...

[/quote]

On top of this, I really don't see how this isn't anything but a [i]brilliant[/i] political move for both parties, and for everyone looking for a little more shake 'n bake in politics. MK marginalizes XX/SF by opposing what is in reality the strongest segment of the old SG sphere, effectively shearing apart the loose super-coalition of the post-Karma era, C&G/PB/SF/XX. That represented a readily marshaled ~120 million of NS. In marginalizing SF/XX, they also marginalize themselves and their allies.

For Mj and their sphere to have much hope they needed for the SG 'thing' to finally kick the bucket. That their interests have found such fertile ground says a lot of good things about the political climate moving forward. Mj is not being played here, in the slightest.

[/quote]

I feel really good, is even more hilarious to see that Mj is so blind that doesn't perceive or doesn't want to believe that MK is using them.

If Mj thinks that become a meatshield for MK is a price they are willing to pay to see SF destroyed, well good for them, not my fault if some people sell their self-respect for a cheap price. I don't expect you to understand that, after all TOP did the same thing.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313307648' post='2780427']
I feel really good, is even more hilarious to see that Mj is so blind that doesn't perceive or doesn't want to believe that MK is using them.

If Mj thinks that become a meatshield for MK is a price they are willing to pay to see SF destroyed, well good for them, not my fault if some people sell their self-respect for a cheap price. I don't expect you to understand that, after all TOP did the same thing.
[/quote]

So the hammer is supposed to feel angry at the hand wielding it to hit the nail the hammer wants to drive into the ground?

Hardly... :rolleyes:

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1313308381' post='2780432']
So the hammer is supposed to feel angry at the hand wielding it to hit the nail the hammer wants to drive into the ground?

Hardly... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I agree, however the hammer being just a tool hasn't the capacity to understand that after hit that nail, he will become unnecessary and the hand or will keep him marginalized or even worse, the hand will destroy him because he was occupying space and replace him with a more useful tool, may be a pillow...

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313308915' post='2780437']
I agree, however the hammer being just a tool hasn't the capacity to understand that after hit that nail, he will become unnecessary and the hand or will keep him marginalized or even worse, the hand will destroy him because he was occupying space and replace him with a more useful tool, may be a pillow...
[/quote]

After all, wielding a hammer is hard work!

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313308915' post='2780437']
[/quote]

Still better than being the toilet.

Edited by Natan

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313307648' post='2780427']

[/quote]
How... how in the world does that make them a meatshield for us. Are you saying that MK's influence over a whole bloc that we're tied to 1 alliance of is stronger than the influence they have combined? The whole strategy of people linked to SF/XX, or in one of those blocs themselves just seems to be putting MK on a pedestal of control. Hint: we're not the only ones with a political drive on this side, just because it's something a lot of our 'opposition' doesn't seem to have outside of a couple individuals doesn't mean we're the only alliance on our 'side' that plays.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1313306815' post='2780417']
On top of this, I really don't see how this isn't anything but a [i]brilliant[/i] political move for both parties, and for everyone looking for a little more shake 'n bake in politics. MK marginalizes XX/SF by opposing what is in reality the strongest segment of the old SG sphere, effectively shearing apart the loose super-coalition of the post-Karma era, C&G/PB/SF/XX. That represented a readily marshaled ~120 million of NS. [b]In marginalizing SF/XX, they also marginalize themselves and their allies. [/b]
[/quote]
Wait. If you're marginalized, and they're marginalized...then who's driving this thing? D:

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1313218424' post='2779397']
I'm bookmarking this thread because I can already tell it's going to be one of those one's that is [I]hilarious[/I] to read two years after the fact.
[/quote]

You're actually going to check up on things in two years' time to see if you can squeeze some kind of 'gotcha!' from this discussion?

There's this magical place I'd like to tell you about. It's called 'outside'.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1313305527' post='2780410']
If Mjolnir is fine being marginalized, I think it says more about Mjolnir than about the people that take objection to it.
[/quote]

You've taken an extremely contextual quote and wrangled it into some kind of vague insult? Schatt, I don't know that I've ever had cause to say this about one of your musings, but this is quite simply stupid.

[/quote]
[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1313305565' post='2780412']
That's actually part of the joke, Feanor...
[/quote]

And like just about every joke uttered by RIA, it's funny for about half a second.

Oh well. So much for every thread being about Polaris, Pacifica, the GOD-DT reps thing or anything else that might be remotely contentious. From this point forward, every thread is about Mj and its marginalization.

We are going to spend thread upon thread talking about this bloc's marginalization, and all the while we will be completely unaware of the irony of doing this.

Thanks for the sig, btw.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313307648' post='2780427']If Mj thinks that become a meatshield for MK is a price they are willing to pay to see SF destroyed, well good for them, not my fault if some people sell their self-respect for a cheap price. I don't expect you to understand that, after all TOP did the same thing.
[/quote]
Get out of the 2008 mindset that almost everyone is a "meatshield" and that every treaty has a "master" and a "puppet." Is the concept of people being equal partners in something to hard for you to comprehend?

[quote]And like just about every joke uttered by RIA, it's funny for about half a second.
[/quote]I respectfully disagree. It isn't funny at all, just like all their other jokes.

[quote]Wait. If you're marginalized, and they're marginalized...then who's driving this thing? D:
[/quote]
Rebel Virginia.

The real analogy about the hammer is that it is never useless, and is always needed. Now, if you were trying to marginalize any sort of tool, it would have to be the Magnetic Stud Finder. That !@#$ is basically useless.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1313333075' post='2780550']
The real analogy about the hammer is that it is never useless, and is always needed. Now, if you were trying to marginalize any sort of tool, it would have to be the Magnetic Stud Finder. That !@#$ is basically useless.
[/quote]
You need a infra upgrade. Buy a steel studded house, just saying.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1313330439' post='2780531']
You're actually going to check up on things in two years' time to see if you can squeeze some kind of 'gotcha!' from this discussion?
[/quote]
No, I'm going to check on it in two years for a laugh. I'd only be "squeezing a gotcha" out of it if I planned on bringing it up again on here when I do. Currently, the plan
is solely for my own entertainment.

Thanks for the hot tip, though. I'm sure I'll enjoy that, too.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1313211708' post='2779178']
No, because it's quite apparent that we haven't "attained NPO's former roll" (we have about a quarter the number of treaties, for one). In addition to that, few people actually believe that we are.
[/quote]

Your alliance has a policy that allows you to go to war for "friends" you dont hold treaties with and makes clear you have far more friends than treaty partners. Im not saying you are the new NPO, Im just saying your comment is misleading.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=93121&st=0&p=2474955&fromsearch=1&#entry2474955

[quote]That said, the treaty web is a malady, sapping the lifeblood from this planet. It entraps and entangles.[b] It prevents. And, most criminally of all, it dictates. It defines who your friends are. [/b]It defines who you respect and who you don't. It divides the world into poles and ties you to people you may not have consented to.

So, let us have a reset, shall we? The Mushroom Kingdom still has its friends. [b]We are as close to our friends as we were yesterday. No piece of paper has the power to change that.[/b] And, if it did, well...heh. That says a lot, doesn't it?[/quote]

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1313333075' post='2780550']
[/quote]
The juxtaposition of anything Kingzog-related and the term "stud finder" is unsettling, and I'm going to need you to avoid it in future posts.

We of Himynamistan find the term "meatshield" offensive.

We prefer the term "casualty whore".

In that context, we rather enjoy being a hammer, hence the name "Mjolnir", a reference to a rather legendary hammer of olden time.

Marginalized? OK, if you say so.

Just watch out if we should ever change the bloc name to "Stormbringer."

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1313324174' post='2780503']
Wait. If you're marginalized, and they're marginalized...then who's driving this thing? D:
[/quote]

It is a free for all!

[size="1"]Until people start signing interlocking treaties again and we get a SG replacement <_< [/size]

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1313352904' post='2780744']
It is a free for all!

[size="1"]Until people start signing interlocking treaties again and we get a SG replacement <_< [/size]
[/quote]

i give it a week at this pace