• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than rail on anybody about stuff which just happend.

There seems to be an increase in the aggression being directed toward the SF ove rthe last few weeks and months, and it seems no matter what the thread; treaty announcement; cancellation; lack of cancellation etc. etc. etc. it tends to become a springboard to re-ignite the vitrol here.

A) Are you regretting at all the idea of having such a thread?
B) Who's idea was the thread (I have heard from others, but prefer the horses mouth)?
C) Will this be a monthly/quarterly/rearly event?

With the shifting dynamics of the current state of the web, over the last couple of weeks SF seems to be rather stagnant in terms of FA movement

A) Do you agree with the above statement?
B) Has there been any coalation discussion on growth of membership into SF?
C) Has there been any attempted successful/or not new treaty attempts?

Last question, if I may...

At what point would you view terms so severe that you would rather disband your

A) Alliance?
B) Bloc?

Thank you for your time.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1313123624' post='2778365']

There seems to be an increase in the aggression being directed toward the SF ove rthe last few weeks and months, and it seems no matter what the thread; treaty announcement; cancellation; lack of cancellation etc. etc. etc. it tends to become a springboard to re-ignite the vitrol here.

B) Who's idea was the thread (I have heard from others, but prefer the horses mouth)?
[/quote]

A) Not really. We knew what it'd turn into before it ever went up.
B) It was Xiph's idea.
C) We didn't discuss making this a regular thing, it was spur of the moment.

[quote]
With the shifting dynamics of the current state of the web, over the last couple of weeks SF seems to be rather stagnant in terms of FA movement

[/quote]

A) Partially agree. It's been hard making headway in the current political climate, for obvious reasons. We're still doing what we've always done though, in terms of FA.
B) There have been in the past, but we're not looking to expand atm. Things have been more stable between current signatories than as long as I can remember, no use risking that.
C) Speaking for GOD, there hasn't been much there the past few weeks. I know that others have been pretty busy on that front though.

[quote]

A) Alliance?
B) Bloc?

Thank you for your time.
[/quote]

A) If it came to that, we just wouldn't accept terms at all. I know it's a terribly cliché answer these days to say you'd rather pull a FAN, but it's something we've talked about for years now. I'd be very surprised if we got off easy anyway.

B) That's something that would need to be discussed. I can't imagine that SF as a whole would be quick to disband, seeing as how it would hardly change the situation. We'd still be at war and the terms would most likely still be the same. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Mixoux

[quote name='Ventus' timestamp='1313044023' post='2777372']
Who would each of you choose to be the viceroy of your alliance?
[/quote]

Who's responsible for Umbrella's slot usage again?

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1313096113' post='2777839']
I've heard rumors of you lying, but damn man, you are just straight up and blatantly lying through your teeth. Not to re-hash old battles, but if you're saying RoK didn't give GOD notice of their intention to defend Polar, I don't think I can take you seriously anymore. I specifically remember it, and I'm sure multiple people in RoK can confirm this with logs, including the aforementioned Tautology, whom you seem to shed a negative light on... The least you can do at this point is admit you wronged an old friend, and move on.

When MJ takes you to the woodshed and finally breaks you, do you think you'll cry and scream, or suck it up and take it?
[/quote]

Indeed, RoK gave SF notice, about 36 hours after R&R gave SF notice and about 24 hours after i informed tautology again personally, you might have seen the logs, but you wouldn't notice since the line where i told tautology of our plans mysteriously disappeared before it was posted for RoK membership to see. But yeah in the end we were indeed informed about RoK defending polar.. of course we first had to hear it from VE and then ask if it was true...

Anyway, it's in the past, nothing can be changed about it. RoK made mistakes, we made mistakes. !@#$ happens, just don't pretend we were fully aware of RoK's plans and acted against them.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1313123624' post='2778365']

[/quote]

A) nope
C) No, but maybe we'll do it again.

(left out what was already answered).

[quote]

[/quote]

A) yes
B) you mean adding an extra alliance? Then no.
C) Yes we attempted a few, obviously not a big success otherwise you would have read about it :)

[quote]

A) Alliance?
B) Bloc?

Thank you for your time.
[/quote]

A) None, either terms are acceptable or the fight continues till there's no member left that can fight.
B) I don't see how disbanding the bloc would help anything with escaping terms so that wouldn't happen.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1313229947' post='2779542']
If I was in SF I would take the whole bloc to peace mode and wait for the inevitable split in the opposition to come. Then pick my side and dish out the payback.
[/quote]
That's exactly the reason that we might get rolled. We simply just don't play that way.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1313237769' post='2779581']
SF, do you think defeat will change you?
[/quote]
Not at all, but it will change public opinion of us back to positive.

[quote name='Dontasemebro' timestamp='1313244583' post='2779613']
Not at all, but it will change public opinion of us back to positive.
[/quote]

The thing about revenge is that people are never really satisfied.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1313229947' post='2779542']
If I was in SF I would take the whole bloc to peace mode and wait for the inevitable split in the opposition to come. Then pick my side and dish out the payback.
[/quote]

So, now we solved the mistery about why you're not in SF, any more great strategic advice you're willing to share?

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1313237769' post='2779581']
SF, do you think defeat will change you?
[/quote]

Winning, losing, there's always something to be learned. So yeah it will change us in some way, what those changes may be we can only wait and see.

[quote name='Sylar' timestamp='1313248357' post='2779631']
anyone?

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I've always liked IRON obviously :)

Edited by EgoFreaky

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1313254873' post='2779688']
So, now we solved the mistery about why you're not in SF, any more great strategic advice you're willing to share?
[/quote]
As an expert on strategy can you tell me how turning everyone against you is a great strategy. Maybe if I understand advanced strategies like this I will be allowed to join someday.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1313026104' post='2777099']
Pretty bad, but I think you'd be much better off if PB had more involvement in matters.

I think it's a pretty tragic turn of events when calkin, Natan and Roquentin are no longer in government. I've always admired that you guys have your IA/Finance in order but I'm cautious as several of you have told me a lot of that was Roquentin was responsible for the higher-than-average slot usage numbers, so I'm waiting to see how things change with him gone. You and JA are obviously pretty unfamiliar to me, and I think you both got thrown into the deep end. Rest of the government [besides Domisi] I'm familiar with either from their time in Umb gov prior or their previous alliances.
[/quote]
Could you elaborate on why you think we'd be better off with PB having more involvement in matters?

Indeed, Roquentin was a big loss, and part of that was the inordinate amount of time he spent on CN. He did the work of five men, and his departure is Umbrella's loss. Thankfully, though, we have active members we can summon to pick up some of the slack.
I can say that having known JA from MFO, he was a great member and helped me run that tiny alliance. And in Umbrella he has matured into ten times the member and leader that he was then. Umbrella is still in great hands.