[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1313290916' post='2780259']
Could you elaborate on why you think we'd be better off with PB having more involvement in matters?
[/quote]

Generally, more involvement = more control over the direction events take = less likely for them to get to a point you dislike.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1313291765' post='2780270']
Generally, more involvement = more control over the direction events take = less likely for them to get to a point you dislike.
[/quote]
Too much control and then we are the problem, not the solution. Too little control and we are someone else's solution. It all requires some balance. With luck we will strike that balance.

To all of SF:

If you could use a time machine to go back to a certain time point in CN's history (with the general idea of changing your alliance/bloc's position at this present time point, for better, for worse, or for more interesting, your choice), what time point would you return to?

You don't have to tell me why. You don't have to say what you would change going forward. And you don't have to have the intention to alter your course in any major way.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1313293857' post='2780290']
Too much control and then we are the problem, not the solution. Too little control and we are someone else's solution. It all requires some balance. With luck we will strike that balance.

To all of SF:

If you could use a time machine to go back to a certain time point in CN's history (with the general idea of changing your alliance/bloc's position at this present time point, for better, for worse, or for more interesting, your choice), what time point would you return to?

You don't have to tell me why. You don't have to say what you would change going forward. And you don't have to have the intention to alter your course in any major way.
[/quote]
September 2008

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1313293857' post='2780290']
To all of SF:

[/quote]

Jan 2008.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1313253086' post='2779671']
How many times have you guys worked on politically isolating people you disliked or used "backroom politics" to ensure people that you disliked stay isolated?
[/quote]
I think my question was skipped over. I'm hoping it wasn't done on purpose.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1313303483' post='2780387']
I think my question was skipped over. I'm hoping it wasn't done on purpose.
[/quote]
Personally? I probably need to put NPO down pre-Karma. That wasn't really an attempt at isolation, which really wouldn't have been politically feasible at the time, so much as an attempt to build a force to counter theirs.

Post-war, they did wind up fairly isolated, but as far as I can tell, most people contributed to that isolation without prompting by anyone else, so far as I'm aware. I'm guilty of not talking to them, but that's about it.

Oh, actually, I did consider trying to divert certain people away from Polar using NPO. That one I do have to admit to, though it was more that a war against Polar was going to be really bad for us than anything I had against Pacifica. And I'd spoken to almost no one about it before the war blew up, anyway, so I hadn't managed to accomplish anything in that direction. Trying to be complete, though.

[quote name='Dom Zak' timestamp='1313096639' post='2777852']
What is your current opinion of IRON?
[/quote]

I'd like to get more than Ego's ( :wub:) opinion on this, so from RIA-GOD-CSN please :)

[quote name='Dom Zak' timestamp='1313351149' post='2780728']
I'd like to get more than Ego's ( :wub:) opinion on this, so from RIA-GOD-CSN please :)
[/quote]

About as average of an opinion as average could get from me I suppose. I really don't know you guys well enough to really make an unbiased opinion.

[/quote]
RIA has a number of long-standing friendships with people in IRON. Not much else contributing to our opinion at this juncture, so I would suppose lightly positive.

[/quote]
Personally, the only contact I've ever had was IRON telling me that people attacking my AA were rogues a few times. So not really much to go on, Mia's cool though.

How do other members of SF feel about the impeccable timing of Gibsonator's retirement (war on the horizon), taking into account that he was a major part of this CSN .gov that for the last few months has basically done nothing but scream "we need to get our ass kicked"?

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1313302818' post='2780366']
Jan 2008.
[/quote]

I'm assuming this is Rok's entrance into SF, and if so, (if not stop reading here) you !@#$%. You would go back and change all of the good times we've been through over the past few months sourness? We wouldn't change any of it, except the outcome. I'm sorry you feel that way, but i'll be happy once you recieve your judgement.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1313604256' post='2782858']
Easy there Nigro and put down that rock. There's a lot of glass around.
[/quote]
I mean..Xiph did just imply that the three years RoK spent in SF he would like to be undone because of how it ended. I think I'd be rather upset as well.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1313604457' post='2782860']
I mean..Xiph did just imply that the three years RoK spent in SF he would like to be undone because of how it ended. I think I'd be rather upset as well.
[/quote]

Three years of friendship(s) completely wiped out. Awesome to know.

Jan 2008.
[/quote]

Interesting point of view, out of curiosity do you think you would still be here having this QnA if RoK had never been a member of SF?

Jan 2008.
[/quote]

Seriously, could you try and sound any more like an ugly chick that got dumped?

I swear at this point its just getting embarassing Xiph, man up, own that you $%&@ed up and move on. All you have become is a sad shadow of what you once were, and its getting harder to watch. Skip the bashing of the ex and the rewritting of history for your sake and because its in the best interest of those you still call allies, namely SF.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1313572032' post='2782735']
How do other members of SF feel about the impeccable timing of Gibsonator's retirement (war on the horizon), taking into account that he was a major part of this CSN .gov that for the last few months has basically done nothing but scream "we need to get our ass kicked"?
[/quote]

hahaha this is funny. You obviously don't know a whole lot about Gibs or why he "retired" do you?