• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1314051452' post='2786371']
As someone whose descendants were victims of the event you so callously refer to here, I find your comment insulting and highly inappropriate. Grow up.
[/quote]

You are taking seriously someone in an alliance that has ponies as its main theme. Ponies. Laugh, he's a clown.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Deimos27' timestamp='1314053943' post='2786393']
I'm not touching that discussion with a 20-foot pole but you guys mean "ascendents".
[/quote]
This amused me, thread salvaged!

Also, anyone else supposing that TPF's allies will be next in line for a friendly FARK visit?

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1314054550' post='2786398']
This amused me, thread salvaged!

Also, anyone else supposing that TPF's allies will be next in line for a friendly FARK visit?
[/quote]

I am not really clear on the meaning behind this one.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1314051452' post='2786371']
As someone whose descendants were victims of the event you so callously refer to here, I find your comment insulting and highly inappropriate. Grow up.
[/quote]
Wait. Your [i]descendants[/i]? I don't even... Are you a time traveler?

I'm not touching that discussion with a 20-foot pole but you guys mean "ascendents".
[/quote]
How do you figure? We don't know what sort of tragedy might have taken place in the nation of [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=33521"]Crymson[/url], and what tragedy might have befallen the children of it's current leader.

[s]But, if you were going for the opposites game, the proper word is "Ancestors." When you 'correct' someone, make sure you get it right yourself.[/s] lolderp.

All said, I was not laughing at any tragedy that might have befallen anyone, merely at the words of one Ashoka the Great. I understand people here like to misinterpret things and try to earn sympathy points for purely political ends, but any suggestion that I was laughing at anything other than the ironic words of Zoggy over here, is flatly incorrect. Just for clarification sake.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1314048376' post='2786335']
If you believe someone deserves to be rolled just come out and say it.
[/quote]
I'm doing everything within my very limited/semi-active capacity to get my enemies isolated [i]and[/i] rolled.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[/quote]

Yes, correct.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1314055460' post='2786409']
Wait. Your [i]descendants[/i]? I don't even... Are you a time traveler?
[/quote]

Yes, I meant ancestors. Long day.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1314052751' post='2786384']
For somebody telling somebody else to grow up, you play the 'my descendants' card an awful lot, and in many situations where its not at all relevant.

We've all heard that gambit a million times now, just grow up.
[/quote]

Uhhhhhh... that post made absolutely no sense.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313961007' post='2785764']
So you're in the wrong alliance.
[/quote]

Because ODN is definitely doing the wrong thing(s) at the moment, right?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1314055555' post='2786412']
But, if you were going for the opposites game, the proper word is "Ancestors." When you 'correct' someone, make sure you get it right yourself.
[/quote]

Goddammit if I must get sucked into arguing about the meaning of words, but if we must 'ascendants' is as correct as 'ancestors' (hint: they mean the same thing).

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1314055717' post='2786416']
Uhhhhhh... I guess you've been sniffing the same solvents as HoT.
[/quote]

If it was wrong, then it wouldn't feel so good.

But seriously, whatever may have happened to your ancestors may be a tragedy, but no more so then the last time you attempted to use that line, and coincidentally it is no more relevant to the situation at hand now then it undoubtedly was then.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1314055946' post='2786420']
If it was wrong, then it wouldn't feel so good.

But seriously, whatever may have happened to your ancestors may be a tragedy, but no more so then the last time you attempted to use that line, and coincidentally it is no more relevant to the situation at hand now then it undoubtedly was then.
[/quote]

And when was the last time I attempted to use that line in the context of politics?

Oh, sorry, I appear to have made a mistake by taking anything you say seriously. My bad. BBL.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1314056029' post='2786421']
And when was the last time I attempted to use that line in the context of politics?

Oh, sorry, I appear to have made a mistake by taking anything you say seriously. My bad. BBL.
[/quote]

I haven't the time to search through your posts, but I can remember at least one such instance where you wielded it similarly to how you have here.

But yes, continue to labor under the belief of the intellectual superiority that you have over everybody else around here. I won't try to stop you.

Edited by memoryproblems

I feel as if I should preface every statement I make by saying:

[indent][indent][indent]"....the following is my own personal point of view. Yes, I helped to re-form Nordreich and, for a short time, led the alliance as Kaiser. However, apart from a couple of short-term government appointments, I have held no position of authority within the alliance for more than two years. My signature appears on treaties as a courtesy extended by virtue of my former position. All former Kaisers enjoy this privilege. If I forget to raise my hand and say 'aye' my signature is omitted, but this omission is no indication at all in terms of whether or not I approve of said treaty. I continue to enjoy the confidence of Nordreich's government and I have access to high-level discussions. I occasionally take part in said discussions, but in a purely consultative way. I do not possess any kind of 'vote' (even a notional one) on any matter affecting the alliance. I make no claim to speak for the alliance as a whole, but I believe that I can at the very least provide some kind of insight into our thinking, at least from my vantage point. Therefore...."

(return to the first line and read repeatedly)
[/indent][/indent][/indent]
Anyway, with that as a caveat:

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1314048376' post='2786335']
Although I'm sure you're right that people would be shocked and appalled by a preemptive strike by SF, an attack on SF by a coalition that appears to have enough power to win would also cause those sitting on the fence to move to the other side or do nothing. Just saying.[/quote]

And my statement was intended to imply just that. Kudos on catching it.

[quote]Also you must have completely missed the Ardus post if you don't think that there is a group of people working to roll SF. I mean holy !@#$ not even MK is denying it. (anyone remember the "lol we don't hate Polar. We just want to roll Poland) So pretending that such a movement doesn't exist just makes you look pretty retarded.[/quote]

People say a lot of things in public that don't necessarily provide a complete picture. I am only qualified to relate things I've been told or have seen personally as a result of my access to various private areas. (My psychic powers aren't what they used to be.) I've seen a lot of "lol SF" sentiment. I have not seen a "let's sit down and work out their destruction" sentiment. Although, paradoxically, I suppose I can see how my pointing this out could help expedite such a discussion.

[quote]If you believe someone deserves to be rolled just come out and say it. (not saying that they necessarily don't) It's pretty childish and immature to be poking someone and then going "I didn't do it!" though. [/quote]

I have made public statements with respect to GOD, CSN and Fark in the past. Perhaps I should update them and put them all in one place:

GOD: The obstacle to a normalization of relations is and has been Xiphosis, plain and simple. He is obsessed with things that happened five years ago, and flat-out lies in relating details of those events. He has displayed an incredible amount of paranoia with respect to the alliance I once led, and he has yet to provide any kind of adequate explanation for this paranoia. I tried to reach an accommodation with him on several occasions, and each time he either lied, made threats or laughed at me. Sometimes all three. Those from other alliances who dealt with me during my tenure as Kaiser know that under most circumstances I have an exceptionally long fuse, but I have washed my hands of Xiphosis and his alliance. I am quite certain that I was the last person in Nordreich to reach that point. Their fate does not interest me in the slightest. Let them live, let them die. I don't care and I will not pretend to care.

CSN: They did a pretty crappy thing to one of NoR's allies, DT. Several CSN government members have said that, in retrospect, they ought to have done things differently. I agree, and I've put that behind me. But then again, I'm not in The Dark Templar so 'forgiveness' isn't really mine to grant.

Fark: They put up what ultimately became one of the more tasteless statements seen by many who frequent this place; a thread that was populated by clowns who tripped over each other to see who could make the most offensive joke. If they and their friends believe that Nordreich was the only alliance offended by this, they are gravely mistaken. However, a representative of Fark recently visited our board in an attempt to smooth this over; an action that, regardless of its consequences, took an incredible amount of guts on his part. (Something we admire, btw.) This is no 'grudging respect'. Anyway, I believe we've each made our positions clear and have moved on.

With regard to other SF/XX alliances, I believe I can provide some insight into Nordreich's general line of thought with respect to all of them.

R&R - We have fought against them and beside them. Either way, they're a pretty classy bunch and I think many within NoR hoped that after fighting on the same side we would develop closer relations. I certainly hoped that would be the case. They didn't seem all that interested.

MHA - Beats me. I honestly have no opinion about them whatsoever beyond not liking anything written by the man who inspired their theme. That's hardly an indictment of them as an alliance, however.

Sparta - Our relationship hit a few ruts during the last conflict, but we've each said our piece, patched things up and moved on.

RIA - Beyond finding them unfunny, I have no opinion.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1314056455' post='2786428']Relevance: does anything stated in most of the last twenty or so posts have anything to do with the OP?[/quote]

I think so, since the alliance I am a part of is frequently mentioned as having some kind of longstanding hate-on for alliances in SF or as a core conspirator in others' fantasies. About the other arguments? No, not really. That's just HoT being his usual five-watt self, interepreting "Your alliance shouldn't exist" as "They're coming to get you, Barbara!" followed by a whole lot of chatter about yet another one of his statements that's in poor taste.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1314055829' post='2786419']
Goddammit if I must get sucked into arguing about the meaning of words, but if we must 'ascendants' is as correct as 'ancestors' (hint: they mean the same thing).
[/quote]

[quote name='DevastationStation' timestamp='1314056814' post='2786429']
:lol1: Whoosh.
[/quote]
Oh yup. Realized I missed the mark on that one. Oh well.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1314044459' post='2786295']
For someone who doesn't represent Polar you've posted a lot...
[/quote]

And? I fail to see the correlation between the two things, I can post 100 times per day and that won't make my opinion the Polaris official opinion since I hold no position in government and no matter how much I post it wont change this fact.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1314055213' post='2786405']
I am not really clear on the meaning behind this one.
[/quote]
Considering the conversation you've thrown yourself in, that makes me sad.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1314055555' post='2786412']
How do you figure? We don't know what sort of tragedy might have taken place in the nation of [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=33521"]Crymson[/url], and what tragedy might have befallen the children of it's current leader.

[s]But, if you were going for the opposites game, the proper word is "Ancestors." When you 'correct' someone, make sure you get it right yourself.[/s] lolderp.

All said, I was not laughing at any tragedy that might have befallen anyone, merely at the words of one Ashoka the Great. I understand people here like to misinterpret things and try to earn sympathy points for purely political ends, but any suggestion that I was laughing at anything other than the ironic words of Zoggy over here, is flatly incorrect. Just for clarification sake.
[/quote]
Soo... you're not laughing about something... that you don't know about.
You're laughing at something Zog said... that was ironic in juxtaposition to something you don't know about.
Could we sort out the definition of 'clarification' next?

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1314058863' post='2786445']
I think so, since the alliance I am a part of is frequently mentioned as having some kind of longstanding hate-on for alliances in SF or as a core conspirator in others' fantasies. About the other arguments? No, not really. That's just HoT being his usual five-watt self, interepreting [b]"Your alliance shouldn't exist"[/b] as "They're coming to get you, Barbara!" followed by a whole lot of chatter about yet another one of his statements that's in poor taste.
[/quote]

But why, why shouldn't they exist?

Because you dislike the theme? People dislike it, but at the end of the day, every alliance's theme is at the least, a little dumb. I'll put it on record that anybody who wishes to go after said alliance should not be expecting to be able do it painlessly.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1314063207' post='2786482']
But why, why shouldn't they exist?

Because you dislike the theme? People dislike it, but at the end of the day, every alliance's theme is at the least, a little dumb. I'll put it on record that anybody who wishes to go after said alliance should not be expecting to be able do it painlessly.
[/quote]
With the united power of Sanitarium, Ponies, TOOL and TPF combined...
Well, there are a few TPF that know how to throw down.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1314055683' post='2786413']
I'm doing everything within my very limited/semi-active capacity to get my enemies isolated [i]and[/i] rolled.
[/quote]

See this is why I like this guy. He keeps me updated on treaties AND he has the balls to come out and see he wants people destroyed.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1314056415' post='2786427']
[/indent][/indent][/indent]

People say a lot of things in public that don't necessarily provide a complete picture. I am only qualified to relate things I've been told or have seen personally as a result of my access to various private areas. (My psychic powers aren't what they used to be.) I've seen a lot of "lol SF" sentiment. I have not seen a "let's sit down and work out their destruction" sentiment. Although, paradoxically, I suppose I can see how my pointing this out could help expedite such a discussion.

I have made public statements with respect to GOD, CSN and Fark in the past. Perhaps I should update them and put them all in one place:[/quote]

I'm glad you're willing to admit you wouldn't mind seeing SF get rolled. See now doesn't that feel better? :P

Even I know though that people are working to make a hit on SF as clean as possibly. No one is going around saying "drop SF or we'll roll you" it's more "yea you know SF is getting rolled one way or another. We'd hate to see you get caught in that." If you haven't seen those comments and discussion then you must be pretty inactive.

Also saw a mention of CSN on there. Yea that was pretty retarded and that's really the only reason I'd agree that SF needs smacked. DT is a great alliance and great friends of mine, and to push them around just because they could was pretty pathetic. I tried multiple times to get CSN to just let DT go, but I failed miserably apparently. DT is one of my favorite alliances on Planet Bob and I appreciate what you guys were going to do for me recently. If you guys ever need anything I can help with just hit me up. :)

No one ever really showed me any proof that FARK was ever going to roll you guys. I did see logs in which they told SF that they weren't going to hit you guys and that was only a rumor though. If you happen to have proof of their intentions then feel free to show me. I'll gladly accept any new evidence whether it fits into my world view or not.

Yea what Sparta done was pretty retarded, but you can actually blame CnG for that move. They were supposed to have another target.

As for GOD, GOD is GOD. They've always been the same way and rolling them won't change that a bit. I didn't see any whining about how Xiph or GOD was when they were on our side so I don't understand why people are whining now.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1313946634' post='2785611']
Morever, why did Gen Lee choose GOD over the other two natural alliances, NSO and RoK, where he was last and most known, especially when everyone knows GOD is about to get rolled? :ph34r:
[/quote]
a. I was only NSO for about a month before my nation deleted bc they took ZI listers and I was on TOPs radar.
b. I love Rok but ever since I was involved in politics I've been an SF guy. Rok choose another path. If SF is on planet bobs target list that makes the decision even easier to fight for my friends at SF.