Gott Mit Uns!

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1309960276' post='2750360']
So when do we get the GGA reformation announcement to complete the trifecta?
[/quote]
I'm game if you are, together we could launch GGA to a whole new level of fail.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nosoup4you' timestamp='1309952804' post='2750309']
I'm fairly certain that the 4 remaining members of the original TGE AA have nothing to do with this noob and had no prior knowledge that he was going to DoE. So basically, some of you are attacking those 4 members for harboring a ghost on their own AA? Not that I've a problem with tech raiding, but we might as well call it what it is.

Edited to add: If they did know that Wilhelm was doing this, can I get a slot?
[/quote]

Anyone on the AA has already gotten a message and I have been in communication with them prior to any attacks. I've said this at least twice in this thread. Those that stay on the AA, do so because they have a desire to see TGE reborn, and reformed as well. Fair warning is giving to those that are posting applications right now as well.

[quote=erikz]This is not about 'some guys' creating an alliance either. The other nations have stuck with the AA since the disbandment of the 1st TGE back in February this year. [/quote]

They were messaged and I have received complies affirming their desire to work out the details of a reformation of TGE. Marginalizing the fact that the people who truly had a home within The German Empire will not make us go away anytime soon. We are here to stay, and we have a great deal of work to do. Learn to live with it.

Edited by Kaiser Wilhelm I

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1309936115' post='2750203']
It's like they saw MA reform and took it as a challenge to reform an even crappier alliance.
[/quote]
I couldn't have said it better myself. It'd be a little more interesting if folks would try something new instead of trying to revive past failures.

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1309954312' post='2750318']
[IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/AnuDrake/burns2_69289.gif[/IMG]

"Oooh, the Germans are mad at me... I'm so scared! Oooooh, the Germans...Uh oh...The Germans are coming after me... Oh, don't let the Germans come after me... Oh, the Germans are coming after me... No, they're so big and strong... Protect me from the Germans!"
[/quote]

:lol1: You win this thread.

TGE you want peace you gotta come talk to me, otherwise find you dancing shoes, because i see the devil in the pale moonlight.

Edited by SF Austin

[quote name='Kaiser Wilhelm I' timestamp='1309963336' post='2750385']
Anyone on the AA has already gotten a message and I have been in communication with them prior to any attacks. I've said this at least twice in this thread. Those that stay on the AA, do so because they have a desire to see TGE reborn, and reformed as well. [/quote]

Yeah, it is my understanding that the guys still on the AA WERE indeed planning a reformation. However their plan included an actual alliance, complete with legitimate protectorate agreement.

When TGE disbanded, the resounding public sentiment varied between "it's about time" and "probably for the best". While I can understand the motivation to reform an alliance -- I certainly did my part in our own Reunion -- sometimes it's just better to realize that certain alliances are not meant to come back, and move on to greener pastures. The German Empire's entire history is coloured by corruption, nepotism, persecution of its own members, provocation, and general ineptitude. Additionally, this new "alliance" consists of yourself and four nations that have lingered on the AA after the original disbanded for whatever reason. Until/unless His Majesty Nemhauser declares otherwise, we do not recognize TGE as a legitimate political entity; if you wish to change that, come talk to us -- but I can't make any promises. Good luck.

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1309966491' post='2750407']
It surprises me that GOD or Fark haven't offered protection to TGE yet.
[/quote]

You just had to go and say that, didn't you :mad:

[quote name='Artigo' timestamp='1309966249' post='2750403']
I'm reforming CDS if anyone is interested
[/quote]
this would not be healthy for your NS level.

Edited by Mogar

For anyone defending this guy's right to exist peacefully, etc...

[img]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5273/poaching.jpg[/img]

wait until he starts trying to poach your members.

Edited by nosoup4you

[quote name='Vinzent Zeppelin' timestamp='1309967856' post='2750419']
When TGE disbanded, the resounding public sentiment varied between "it's about time" and "probably for the best". While I can understand the motivation to reform an alliance -- I certainly did my part in our own Reunion -- sometimes it's just better to realize that certain alliances are not meant to come back, and move on to greener pastures. The German Empire's entire history is coloured by corruption, nepotism, persecution of its own members, provocation, and general ineptitude. Additionally, this new "alliance" consists of yourself and four nations that have lingered on the AA after the original disbanded for whatever reason. Until/unless His Majesty Nemhauser declares otherwise, we do not recognize TGE as a legitimate political entity; if you wish to change that, come talk to us -- but I can't make any promises. Good luck.
[/quote]

It's literally 5 people.

I seem to recall another German alliance who reformed, despite it's previous incarnation being held in disdain by most of the community, and no one gave them any trouble.

It would be nice if said alliance could do the same for TGE.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1309971540' post='2750457']
It's literally 5 people.

I seem to recall another German alliance who reformed, despite it's previous incarnation being held in disdain by most of the community, and no one gave them any trouble.

It would be nice if said alliance could do the same for TGE.
[/quote]
I'm quite sure NoR took the steps to ensure their return. You know, protection, allies, a member base, etc etc.
As much as this Wilhelm guy is preaching that the "members" on this AA were/are onboard or even knew of this plan. They did not. The "member" I am raiding had no clue this thread was even posted.
It's just a one man show.

It's Christmas in July!

I have no great love for The German Empire, its memory or its former leadership, but when the final leader (and founder) of the alliance comes along and says something like "This is a terrible idea" then the odds are pretty good that it's a terrible idea.

Also, so sorry to be late to the discussion. One of the hazards of retirement is that I often miss out on current events. I see that several de-rails have occurred and been forgotten, so forgive me if I re-open any discussions that actually have nothing to do with this. I'm suffering from a bout of graphomania.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309933493' post='2750181']
Is amusing to see this NoR acting like the first NoR, there are just two differences: The first one is that their enablers changed, the second difference is that instead of attacking leftists alliances, they are attacking other Germany themed alliances. In [b]all[/b] the others things they are [b]exactly[/b] the same.
[/quote]

"Apart from the differences you are exactly the same."

One cannot respond to that sort of argument, and I mean that quite literally.

Parenthetically, it must break your heart that, when Nordreich announced its reformation more than two years ago, we did so without any protection apart from a pledge by your Emperor that he would personally intervene in any attack on us.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309937383' post='2750218']
Pro-tip: Scream repeatedly "Get out of here!" will not make me disappear.
[/quote]

How about when the OP asks you to take your argument elsewhere?

Look, all of us enjoy behaving like childish, illogical twerps with an IQ somewhere in the mid-70s from time to time, but thus far your arguments have either made no sense or have amounted to what is often called a 'No U' line of reasoning.

Endlessly shrieking about your dislike of Nordreich does not reflect poorly on us at all. I don't know why you seem to think you are changing minds with it.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1309950073' post='2750293']
Reminder that you actually encouraged an attack on TGE.
[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309926781' post='2750047']
The second zombie alliance in two days... When you people will understand that what is dead, should remain dead?

[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2s15d29.gif[/img]
[/quote][/quote]

I was going to point this out, but I suspected that the point would have been lost. In my experience, once someone has descended into the 'screaming toddler' stage logic goes out the window. Besides, adopting two completely contrary points of view over the course of one discussion? Is it really all that rare?

[quote name='bhane' timestamp='1309954543' post='2750321']
Maybe you should get out too, you're giving black a bad name.

From the NOIR treaty
Article III. Folk Noir:Edit
HospitalityEdit
Section 1.
Signatories agree to support the growth of the black team by welcoming alliances to black and assisting, when possible, in the transition process.
[/quote]

Some kinds of growth are healthy. Other kinds of growth are malignant. One needs to develop a discerning eye to spot the difference. If you go back and read non-Nordreich comments, I think you'll see that most agree with our diagnosis.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1309958214' post='2750344']
Also, NoR, if you don't mind me asking, how long can TGE nations expect to feel the brunt of your unwarranted aggression?
[/quote]

Thank God you included that second-last word. If you hadn't I would have had to say something like "Forever." As the sentence stands, though, I cannot respond because the question makes no sense.

Free grammar tip of the week: "....if you don't mind [b]my[/b] asking...."

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1309966491' post='2750407']
It surprises me that GOD or Fark haven't offered protection to TGE yet.
[/quote]

I expect that this would make a lot of folks' day complete. And by "a lot of folks" I mean many who do not belong to Nordreich.

And with that I return to the retirement home.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1309972086' post='2750465']
"Apart from the [color="#FF0000"][b]two[/b][/color] differences you are exactly the same."

One cannot respond to that sort of argument, and I mean that quite literally.
[/quote]

Fixed it for you. I'll take you totally avoiding to argument about what I said as a recognition of the truth in my words.

Parenthetically, it must break your heart that, when Nordreich announced its reformation more than two years ago, we did so without any protection apart from a pledge by your Emperor that he would personally intervene in any attack on us.
[/quote]

Not at all, I'm used to the fact that my alliance helped to reform some awful alliances.

Look, all of us enjoy behaving like childish, illogical twerps with an IQ somewhere in the mid-70s from time to time, but thus far your arguments have either made no sense or have amounted to what is often called a 'No U' line of reasoning.
[/quote]

A classic response, translating: "I'll just insult you and with that try to make people forgot that my arguments are inexistent"

I was going to point this out, but I suspected that the point would have been lost. In my experience, once someone has descended into the 'screaming toddler' stage logic goes out the window. Besides, adopting two completely contrary points of view over the course of one discussion? Is it really all that rare?
[/quote]

I love the fact that because I posted a funny picture you think that I'd support an unprovoked attack against an alliance. :laugh:

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1309973283' post='2750476']
Just to re-enforce this.

:gag:

I for one am looking forward to the Zombie Alliance raiding.
[/quote]

Should I expect that you will also be raiding VE, GOONS, NoR or just those who can't defend themselves? :rolleyes:

Edited by D34th