Who would win? 2.0

Zoomzoomzoom

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1309327984' post='2744029']
Impero talking out his ass again? I wonder what the next cooked up CB on MJ will be.[/quote]

You'll find that it doesn't particularly matter...though I do hope my name gets spelled correctly on the war dec. <_<

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1309333539' post='2744072']
You know where to find us ;)
[/quote]

We have been having a nice discussion on our forums with some RIA folk about the horrific and costly RIA civil war.

As to the drivel from Impero, I can say nice try, however if something does happen between SF and Mjolnir, it will be SF that starts it, not Mjolnir. I understand that this does not fit your nice story, so I fully expect you to ignore this, or bash the messenger.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1309252696' post='2743351']
The party that doesn't surrender first wins. But I guess that all depends on your definition of winning. If yours is that winning is ending the war with more than you went into, well then no war is winnable in CN.
[/quote]
Actually, that's sort of my point, although the mutual destruction is in their too. Let's say this hypothetical 1v1 match happens. What incentive do I have to surrender to Mjolnir? They don't have enough strength to pin SF down forever without destroying themselves, and vice versa. As fas as I can tell, all of the calls of military prowess and skill from either side are pointless. This close in strength, it's a race to the bottom and winning is just playing a game of chicken to see who balks first at losing their strength. In most situations, but especially in this one where there are no reinforcements coming to the other side, I don't have a problem going to ZI and holding my opponent there with me. I'm also not going to expect Mjolnir to do less than I would in that regard because I have little reason to think one way or another about their willpower and underestimating people is stupid. We'd either turn each other to dust because the game mechanics wouldn't allow for much else, or one would get tired of grinding down before the other and surrender. In a game of chicken, it's not the fastest or biggest car that wins, it's the one that doesn't turn, unless neither does in which case both lose. As such, pretty much every "who will win" discussion is pointless unless there is an obvious numerical superiority (which also renders it pointless, actually) or you're discussing who would break first.

Also, incidentally, I consider a military victory to be a war in which I come out the other end having accomplished enough political objectives to offset the physical damage sustained and still put me ahead. I don't see how that would be possible in this scenario.

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309315326' post='2743867']
Assuming that you are talking abut GOD-VE treaty, do you have the same opinion of RnR-IRON treaty? This treaty upsets you?
[/quote]

No I dont. One is an MADP and the other a non-chaining MDP. Very different animals, with very different impacts on planet bob.

[quote name='Niko Balic' timestamp='1309361501' post='2744204']
Good thought with the poll, but I'm pretty sure it probably just became popularity contest. Looks like Mj is more popular, who would have thought?
[/quote]

No, it really hasn't. For the most part it's been a reasonable and civilized discussion about the outcome of a war that seems both a possibility and a interest, given the animosity between the two sides. But you go ahead and continue to make that hypothesis [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img]

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1309327524' post='2744023']
No. You know nothing about Mjolnir or how the bloc came to be. You are just a cocky and ignorant idiot who happens to lead an alliance that isn't worth their weight in salt. When Asgaard was approached about joining Mj we said no initially. Part of the reason why was that RoK had just cancelled on AzN much to our (and AzN's dismay). Likewise we were concerned about the political implications of a bloc with NoR, Val and DT. We had to be assured that the intent of the bloc was not outright confrontation with Maroon/SF (because of our historical ties to maroon and existing treaties with TTK and CRAP). Likewise we were concerned that the bloc might seem to be postured against PB as they had just formed when we were initially asked. After long hours of discussion(over several months time), questions etc we were appeased that Mjolnir wasn't postured against anyone aggressively. Now obviously the leader of VE was there(not really) for those discussions know's what we were talking about(obviously not)... so basically just shut up and go away, no one here gives a !@#$ what you say, just disband again why don't you.
[/quote]

This post is pretty money, though I can appreciate the angst that Impero must be feeling. Creating an element defined by predetermined aggression against a dear ally can play a potent role in political dialogue, and I'm sure that the recent tension between Mj/SF/XX as placed strain on different chains, motivating Impero to start desperately making !@#$ up. However, I think this above post pretty much puts that illusion to bed. To judge Mj as so shallow as to be based on the root germ of revenge is indicative of lazy and biased reasoning. Sure the group is comprised on warriors that aren't afraid to stir !@#$ up, and yes they shouldn't be viewed as a neutral entity bent on stat collecting, but to define their existence in such narrow terms is ridiculous.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1309281745' post='2743511']
No, because FARK isn't in Superfriends anymore. The point is to not include outside treaties.
[/quote]
However, XX/SF vs AZTEC/DR/MJ, which let's all be honest is the only fight that realistically matters right now, would certainly be a fun measuring contest between many...enthusiastic individuals. I wonder how long it will take for someone to make that thread.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309384895' post='2744412']
However, XX/SF vs AZTEC/DR/MJ, which let's all be honest is the only fight that realistically matters right now, would certainly be a fun measuring contest between many...enthusiastic individuals. I wonder how long it will take for someone to make that thread.
[/quote]

I didn't know you realistically supported a war like that

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309384895' post='2744412']
[/quote]
There is some guy around here that's been doing alot of stat threads lately. I think he has the balls to stand up to the FA overlords who would say "no, no that's a bad idea!" and post such a thread.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1309385686' post='2744423']
I didn't know you realistically supported a war like that
[/quote]
I'm going to be out of town for a week. Why the Well would I support that !@#$storm right now? :P

In all seriousness though, it's already almost happened more than once over the course of just a week. Ignoring that very real possibility in one thread while encouraging it in another doesn't really make sense for either side does it?

If it were up to me, I'd tell everyone to stop skirting around the subject and just acknowledge that they want to kill each other, set a date, and go at it. If this is a game, who says there can't be a pre-game lobby?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1309386059' post='2744427']
There is some guy around here that's been doing alot of stat threads lately. I think he has the balls to stand up to the FA overlords who would say "no, no that's a bad idea!" and post such a thread.
[/quote]
Posting a "who would win" thread has no FA consequences.

You know what would have FA consequences though?

- Trying to spy on NPO during the 2nd polar war.
- Letting Tulak fake coup me out of MDC.
- Accusing a bloc mate of spying and having one of the most awkward pub chan conversations with Chefjoe ever.
- Hitting NPO in Karma.
- Declaring war on Almightygrub after NSO dared me to.
- Not hitting GATO.
- Attacking AZTEC instead.
- Sort of attacking NSO before the plug got pulled, and then laughing at them when they did nothing about it.

I've done a lot worse than post hypothetical war threads that pass the time in this boring ass world, and I still somehow have a gov position. I guess that's a good thing right?

That being said, I'm lazy as hell and I don't feel like clogging this forum with yet another of my threads. I'll wait for this one to die first. :P

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1309327976' post='2744028']
I'm not usually the type to care. But he caught me at the right time for a response. Either way I don't really care what he or VE thinks.
[/quote]
You probably should.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1309393452' post='2744508']
... we do know that this thread is OOC, right? I mean, we don't have to get all angry at each other, we can just talk about the ins-and-outs of a close matchup here...
[/quote]

this deeply offends me on an OOC level and I demand an apology.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309390126' post='2744464']
- Sort of attacking NSO before the plug got pulled, and then laughing at them when they did nothing about it.
[/quote]
If by "sort of attacking" you mean "doing 2 steal nuke spy-ops", and if by "did nothing about it" you mean that your gov came into a channel with us and profusely apologized for you being retarded, and offered to pay reps when the war was over, sure. Reps we never got btw, and never bothered to ask for after we got peace because we didn't care that much.

I wonder if LintWad kept logs of that. I'll ask him.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309393626' post='2744515']
If by "sort of attacking" you mean "doing 2 steal nuke spy-ops", and if by "did nothing about it" you mean that your gov came into a channel with us and profusely apologized for you being retarded, and offered to pay reps when the war was over, sure. Reps we never got btw, and never bothered to ask for after we got peace because we didn't care that much.

I wonder if LintWad kept logs of that. I'll ask him.
[/quote]
You mean when right as the blitz started it was called off because we heard you weren't going to hit us? We were pre-empting you, and when we heard all of your talk was yet again for nothing, we decided to focus back on AZTEC. The difference between you and us is that if we hear of a threat, we act on it. We don't just sit in a corner and pretend to be tough enough to attack someone. If you had half the balls you pretend you do, you would have hit us back, but you didn't. You sat there, scared, yet again. For all your talk of other alliances being worthless cowards, you guys take the cake.

As for "profusely apologizing"...sure, you go right ahead and tell yourself that. The only thing I'm sorry about is that our Kings didn't feel like hitting an alliance that was about to get torn a new bung hole by Doomhouse anyway.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309394766' post='2744529']
You mean when right as the blitz started it was called off because we heard you weren't going to hit us? We were pre-empting you, and when we heard all of your talk was yet again for nothing, we decided to focus back on AZTEC. The difference between you and us is that if we hear of a threat, we act on it. We don't just sit in a corner and pretend to be tough enough to attack someone. If you had half the balls you pretend you do, you would have hit us back, but you didn't. You sat there, scared, yet again. For all your talk of other alliances being worthless cowards, you guys take the cake.

As for "profusely apologizing"...sure, you go right ahead and tell yourself that. The only thing I'm sorry about is that our Kings didn't feel like hitting an alliance that was about to get torn a new bung hole by Doomhouse anyway.
[/quote]
Uhh, no lol. You posted a poll on your forums asking if Sparta should declare on NSO, because we were making fun of you so hard on the OWF. You were butthurt, and told some Sparta members to spy on NSO, in hopes of provoking us into pre-empting you. At no point was the NSO considering declaring on Sparta, nor did Sparta officially considering attacking NSO. We were never going to declare on Sparta (I was running our military at the time). We almost went in against MHA at one point, but backed out due to peace talks, and because we heard rumors NPO was going to be pre-empted. We weren't gonna declare on you over 2-3 spy ops, only 1 of which was successful as far as I recall. We're impulsive, but we're not stupid. Nice try at re-writing history though.

Here's a screenshot (I kept a screenshot only of the part where you admitted to authorizing it, so you couldn't go back and deny it). Unfortunately, I didn't use mIRC for that convo- was on my laptop- and LintWad cleared his hard drive. I would invite you or anyone else in the channel at the time to post the full set of logs, if you have them ;).

[img]http://oi54.tinypic.com/20z2mj6.jpg[/img]

As you can see, no one else in Sparta had any idea why those spy-ops were authorized. Doesn't really mesh with your story does it? :smug: . That entire thing was a result of you being butthurt and throwing a fit.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309396396' post='2744542']
[img]http://oi54.tinypic.com/20z2mj6.jpg[/img]

As you can see, no one else in Sparta had any idea why those spy-ops were authorized. Doesn't really mesh with your story does it? :smug: . That entire thing was a result of you being butthurt and throwing a fit.
[/quote]
Uh...no. Tigger is in a UK timezone and wasn't around for the pre-empt we launched. That is hardly no-one else, just one guy who wasn't there. That doesn't really mesh with [i]your[/i] story now does it? As for "you never planning on attacking"...I'm sure that's why you were collecting our warchest data. Obviously [i]nothing[/i] was going on there. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309396839' post='2744548']
Uh...no. Tigger is in a UK timezone and wasn't around for the pre-empt we launched. That is hardly no-one else, just one guy who wasn't there. That doesn't really mesh with [i]your[/i] story now does it? As for "you never planning on attacking"...I'm sure that's why you were collecting our warchest data. Obviously [i]nothing[/i] was going on there. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
At this point, you are literally making things up lol. Let's think about this logically: why would a "pre-empt" consist of [i]3 destroy nuke spy ops?[/i] Are you really saying Sparta is [i]that bad[/i]? And what is this "collecting warchest info" nonsense? Again, completely making it up. Trust me, I would love nothing more than to claim we were going to declare on Sparta...but it just never was going to happen.

You keep logs of everything, so please, go ahead and post the entire logs of that discussion. I think that would just clear this all right up :smug: .

Edit: or ask anyone else in that channel for the log dump. Surely one of them keeps logs.

Edited by Varianz