Who would win? 2.0

Zoomzoomzoom

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309273260' post='2743446']
No, you're not. It's funny watching that head get nice and big because you think you have something now, but be careful, you may get sloppy.
[/quote]

Blah blah blah. Your no better on your own either...talk about big heads. :rolleyes:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1309273494' post='2743449']
Blah blah blah. Your no better on your own either...talk about big heads. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Hm?

Come on man, you're suppose to tell me about how [i]tough [/i]you guys all are and how you're [i]great fighters[/i]. Don't forget to throw in a really corny catch phrase about mead or whatever too.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309274046' post='2743455']
Hm?

Come on man, you're suppose to tell me about how [i]tough [/i]you guys all are and how you're [i]great fighters[/i]. Don't forget to throw in a really corny catch phrase about mead or whatever too.
[/quote]
Nah ill just leave it at the truth....everyone is as good as those with them.You, I etc....alone we die. Difference being at the moment I am not sitting in the middle of a treaty that constipates CN and upsets my allies like I believe you are.

Edited by chefjoe

Should really include Fark in any SF vs Mj matchup

As for who would win, bombing you guys into oblivion and losing in the process would be a win in my books.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1309278534' post='2743487']
Nah ill just leave it at the truth....everyone is as good as those with them.You, I etc....alone we die. Difference being at the moment I am not sitting in the middle of a treaty that constipates CN and upsets my allies like I believe you are.
[/quote]

If by "constipates CN" you mean makes your pipe dream of putting a number of our allies in an unwinable situation unattainable, then yes, and you will be able to find me sitting here and flexing until the cows come home. Though, I'm not sure where you get the part about it upsetting my allies from, but I suppose you making that assumption is just another symptom of you reverting back to your 07'/08' roots.

However, by all means, continue to overestimate your support and position, and I'll continue to wait for you to write that inevitable check that you can't cash.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309282915' post='2743520']
If by "constipates CN" you mean makes your pipe dream of putting a number of our allies in an unwindable situation unattainable, then yes, and you will be able to find me sitting here and flexing until the cows come home. Though, I'm not sure where you get the part about it upsetting my allies from, but I suppose you making that assumption is just another symptom of you reverting back to your 07'/08' roots.

However, by all means, continue to overestimate your support and position, and I'll continue to wait for you to write that inevitable check that you can't cash.
[/quote]

I haven't underestimated anything yet, maybe its you whom is delving into that realm concerning your allies feelings about that treaty, if not many other things...

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1309283522' post='2743523']
I haven't underestimated anything yet, maybe its you whom is delving into that realm concerning your allies feelings about that treaty, if not many other things...
[/quote]

If you don't have the insight to realize that all such things are routinely discussed and analyzed, particularly with the advent of your little snow people bloc and making your goals crystal clear, it may be time to hang up your chef hat and call it a day. Keep in mind, the singular does not buttress an assumption about the [i]many[/i].

I think you have quite visibly demonstrated overestimation of yourself though since Mojoinjinawhatever was announced. You're attitude is becoming increasingly brazen, and you haven't exactly made your pipe dreams a secret. So, while I do find it amusing and it does dredge up a bit of nostalgia for the olden days of nowedge, I have to say, its a good way to quickly move yourself to the top of a shortlist somewhere.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1309146139' post='2742441']
On paper it looks like a close match up, but it really isn't.

Tier match ups are awful for SF, and after the CSN/DT thing and other recent dramas, Mjolnir alliances have an axe to grind, morale would be extremely high.

Mjolnir wins.
[/quote]
What it will really come down to is warchests and nations willing to surrender. If I had to guess, Mjolnir has a higher rate of dedicated members (active forum posters/IRC users), just given the nature of their alliances. In a war of attrition, I think I'm right in predicting that SF would shed a lot of members. In the lsat war, CsN lost over 30 (about 20% of their alliance IIRC) in a war that they had a clear-cut advantage in. At least in that alliance, I don't see many nations committing to hit all zeroes. GOD, RIA and RnR probably have way more dedicated members, but not at a level that would match Mj alliances. I'd also venture to say that we're more experienced in war, for the most part. Aside from the fact that we've had the benefit of having cowards weeded out, many of us know how to fight.

But that would only decide a "winner". Both blocs would lose huge chunks of their NS and quite a few nations. The difference will be how long people can hold out before they leave and Mjolnir undoubtedly has more people who would keep going.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1309227931' post='2743123']
The fact that anyone thinks this is a "winnable" fight is funny.
[/quote]
That all being said, Delta is right. After a fight like this, both groups would be nonentities in a world that includes more than Mj and SF. The only victory to be had would be forcing the opponent to sign terms. Everything else would be a strategic disaster.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1309284919' post='2743529']
To be honest in a 1 on 1 neither would win anytime fast, the stats come down pretty even so in the end it'll be the bloc that has the biggest resolve and cash reserves.
[/quote]

QFT, do you have warchest records for each bloc?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309284058' post='2743526']
If you don't have the insight to realize that all such things are routinely discussed and analyzed, particularly with the advent of your little snow people bloc and making your goals crystal clear, it may be time to hang up your chef hat and call it a day. Keep in mind, the singular does not buttress an assumption about the [i]many[/i].

I think you have quite visibly demonstrated overestimation of yourself though since Mojoinjinawhatever was announced. You're attitude is becoming increasingly brazen, and you haven't exactly made your pipe dreams a secret. So, while I do find it amusing and it does dredge up a bit of nostalgia for the olden days of nowedge, I have to say, its a good way to quickly move yourself to the top of a shortlist somewhere.
[/quote]

You missed the point that Chef's position that you are saying is crystal clear and brazen is more in response to a very similar approach that was initiated and adopted by SF in the snow people bloc thread :P. Love for NoR and some other elements had been made very clear long before Mj too, but I guess it doesnt matter now who started it or not.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1309145831' post='2742435']
I am 99% certain that anyone attempting to hit R&R would be dealing with INT at the very least, and 95% certain that C&G, being the most unified bloc in the world[sup]TM[/sup], would be right behind them.
[/quote]
Yea and lets not assume we'd be pleased about RnR getting hit for anything with even a small hint of flimsiness.

As for the topic, SF vs Mj one on one, Mj has better upper tier, in a drawn out war, both sides will suffer, but Mj would come on top and would also rebuild quicker due to better support from remaining top tier.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309285656' post='2743537']
You missed the point that Chef's position that you are saying is crystal clear and brazen is more in response to a very similar approach that was initiated and adopted by SF in the snow people bloc thread :P. Love for NoR and some other elements had been made very clear long before Mj too, but I guess it doesnt matter now who started it or not.

Yea and lets not assume we'd be pleased about RnR getting hit for anything with even a small hint of flimsiness.
[/quote]

That depends on viewpoint, but whatever the case, it was the snowman crew that responded to run of the mill mild posturing with threats and let a singular thread serve as general dictation of their political direction, and have done so in a very dangerous way. My point was, and is, that I promise it won't work out if they continue to bank on the overestimation of support.

Also, I must look into this "flimsiness" clause :x

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309286763' post='2743547']let a singular thread serve as general dictation of their political direction, and have done so in a very dangerous way.[/quote]

You're not as smart as you pretend to be.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309286763' post='2743547']
That depends on viewpoint, but whatever the case, it was the snowman crew that responded to run of the mill mild posturing with threats and a singular thread serve as general dictation of their political direction, and have done so in a very dangerous way. My point was, and is, that I promise it won't work out if they continue to bank on the overestimation of support.

Also, I must look into this "flimsiness" clause :x
[/quote]
That too depends on the viewpoint dear Impero..on whats mild posturing by a senior member and a response from a much junior one and then the continued frenzy between the two. The direction that you are implying they have taken appears to be a natural reaction to the dangerous position they were thrusted into hours after their formation, that same singular thread is an example of that. I think Chef would call it a day, all you have to promise is those threats mean nothing. Then we can leave snow people alone to make merry with snowmen. I much prefer to deal with [s]Lannisters[/s] TOP :awesome: than the vikings...it takes 30 mins just to bring these northmen on topic from the mead :/.

and I understand your point.

I cannot confirm or deny the flimsiness clause, rumors are its existence depends on how succesfull RnR diplomats can be in driving Mia away in our embassy :Z

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309287811' post='2743556']
That too depends on the view point.

That too depends on the viewpoint on whats mild posturing by a senior member and a response from a much junior one and then the continued frenzy between the two. The direction that you are implying they have taken appears to be a natural reaction to the position they were thrusted into hours after their formation, that same singular thread is an example of that. I think Chef would call it a day, all you have to promise is the initiation of threats was nothing but empty rhetoric. Then we can leave snow people alone to make merry with snowmen. I much prefer to deal with [s]Lannisters[/s] TOP :awesome: than the vikings.

Flimsiness is an invisible clause, its existence depends on how succesfull RnR diplomats can be in driving Mia away in our embassy :v:
[/quote]

Well, I fear the snowangels are past that point. All people can do is deal with whats on their plate, and unfortunately, this is the picture that Mr. Joe & Co. are painting.

Also, I'm running out of snow phrases.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1309287609' post='2743555']
You're not as smart as you pretend to be.
[/quote]

Oh wow, [i]burn[/i]. That was a good one, may not sleep tonight.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309273260' post='2743446']
No, you're not. It's funny watching that head get nice and big because you think you have something now, but be careful, you may get sloppy.
[/quote]

We are not the ones being sloppy this week Impero, and we all know where the [i]big[/i] head lies :rolleyes: So I wouldn't worry so much about chefjoe getting sloppy

Sorry to interrupt, you two may continue your talks now :lol1:

Edited by pd73bassman

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309288013' post='2743559']
Well, I fear the snowangels are past that point. All people can do is deal with whats on their plate, and unfortunately, this is the picture that Mr. Joe & Co. are painting. [/quote]
As I said earlier, guess it doesnt matter now who started it or not.

[quote]
Also, I'm running out of snow phrases. [/quote]

The [i]cold[/i]war begins. :awesome::P

Edited by shahenshah

nostalgia for the olden days of nowedge, I have to say, its a good way to quickly move yourself to the top of a shortlist somewhere.
[/quote]

Ah so the plan to spin old crap into new crap is still in effect? Since trying to $%&@ NoR didn't work dredging up old feelings you now try and switch to noWedge and Val? Laughable at best...

[/quote]
I think its clear whose made their dreams clear recently, and its not chefjoe. Its clear who is trying to go after who.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1309290278' post='2743571']
Ah so the plan to spin old crap into new crap is still in effect? Since trying to $%&@ NoR didn't work dredging up old feelings you now try and switch to noWedge and Val? Laughable at best...
[/quote]

Oh man I can't wait until they try to spin something to kill Asgaard. We haven't done anything except roll Legion :awesome:

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1309291648' post='2743579']
Oh man I can't wait until they try to spin something to kill Asgaard. We haven't done anything except roll Legion :awesome:
[/quote]

Your crime is the association. [img]http://www.iron-command.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/3910290200_9284e0754f_o.gif[/img]

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309274046' post='2743455']
Hm?

[/quote]

Why would you rather him respond with that, than saying that nobody does it alone? Any particular reason?

Nobody from MJ started these 'Who Would Win' polls. They are pretty pointless exercises that mean absolutely nothing. No war is going to be like that. For the most part, I think the guys in that bloc get that, and are trying to answer with respect and honesty. I believe it is mostly people [i]outside[/i] our bloc that are using those words that you would like chef to use.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309292322' post='2743585']
Your crime is the association. [img]http://www.iron-command.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/3910290200_9284e0754f_o.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Harder!

Um, I mean glad to be associated with Mjolnir. As to who would win? I believe Mjolnir would, but it would be one heck of a fight. Alas, this is all just conjecture, because I don't think it would ever come to pass. :mad: