Who would win? 2.0

Zoomzoomzoom

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309187991' post='2742714']
OMG people are really slow today. :facepalm:
[/quote]

I got it! I'm feeling pretty clever today. :)

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1309195969' post='2742760']
Vikings do not believe in or give credence to GOD...
[/quote]

I think it's time to cut down the Donar Oak then :ehm:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see this one,

I don't think many can top AsG when it comes to skill, I hear Val are good although i have no personal experience with them, NoR are also good and DT held their own well against CSN, I won't comment on RoK since i could give greatly varying opinions depending on my mood :P

I've never held any respect for R&R in any capacity, especially not skill, RIA seem good, GOD are very good fighters, CSN are meh from what i've seen.

My money's on Mjolnir, but of course, there's only one way to know for sure ;)

In a short-term periphery front sort of thing, Mj would be coming out on top. They have more tech and less infra meaning that they'll inflict more damage, and the damage they inflict will cost more money. If we fought for a month then called a white peace I have little doubt Mj would end up coming out ahead.

In a long term total annihilation type war, I have to say I think SF would have the edge. We're an older, more cohesive bloc that's more likely to stay the course over the one or two [i]years[/i] of warring it would actually take to completely deplete either side - in the end I think SF would be more likely to be the ones walking away. Of course, as D34th so aptly put it, the real winners in a situation like this would be everyone who [i]wasn't[/i] fighting.

Mjolnir probably wins because our top end has never been what I'd call good numerically. We'd lose up top pretty convincingly, and our mid tiers would get pissed on by people hitting down. Never a good thing to have going.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309201039' post='2742830']
Oh man this on would be pretty brutal. I'd love to see the propaganda war if this ever actually happened.
[/quote]

Depending on the CB I'd gladly help SF with propaganda pieces. :awesome:

A completely inexperienced and not so well-trained army defeated the best military in the world in 1783. One of the primary reasons for this army's victory was their unending desire for victory.

Not only does MJ have this same morale, but we've got the tech, fighting capability, and upper tier to back us up.

Mjolnir wins pretty convincingly.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309201265' post='2742834']
Depending on the CB I'd gladly help SF with propaganda pieces. :awesome:
[/quote]

Honestly I'd rather you helped them fight instead...do about as much good yet more fun for all

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1309207297' post='2742901']
Honestly I'd rather you helped them fight instead...do about as much good yet more fun for all
[/quote]

SF + D34th vs Mj is unfair for you guys, I'd never do that. :v:

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1309182559' post='2742665']
Mjolnir, wins easily. Valhalla didn’t have to rebuild and should be sitting on hefty warchests.
[/quote]

What's a warchest?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1309164888' post='2742590']
Only one way to find out.
[/quote]

YES!!! Would be a fun war, and maybe some of the pent-up anger between the two blocs would finally get released.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1309201864' post='2742840']
A completely inexperienced and not so well-trained army defeated the best military in the world in 1783. One of the primary reasons for this army's victory was their unending desire for victory.

Not only does MJ have this same morale, but we've got the tech, fighting capability, and upper tier to back us up.

Mjolnir wins pretty convincingly.
[/quote]
Ironically, the "inexperienced army" won due to foreign intervention, not unending desire for victory, which history textbooks might have us believe. And we were trying to dismiss foreign intervention in this thread...

Edited by XRCatD

This would be interesting. Winning that fight would be pretty hollow I'd say.

I can see us pulling through in several scenarios, but we should be the underdog if you put up a stiff coordinated fight. The first question though is if you'll manage that. SF has proven that we can plan a war and influence it according to our designs. I'm looking forward to you doing the same, because while I think you could potentially be much deadlier, I doubt that you could take us on right now. I'd love to see you try though. Shame it'll never happen, at least not in the 1v1 variant.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1309146771' post='2742445']
INT still has a deep love for our former LEO brothers, we even still use the gov channel. I couldn't imagine INT abandoning either of them to a beatdown from anyone. Throw in the fact that they'd be hitting NoR, and it's an offer INT can't refuse :awesome:
[/quote]

<3

anyway, i think it depends on who attacks who, when and how. the sides are not too uneven so a good first strike with few counters before the first 2 attacks are made could make a difference. And then i assume every alliance will be at war with every alliance in the other bloc otherwise the offensive side would have an advantage of deciding the pairing. Mjolnir has the better avg ns, but if SF strikes first we have the advantage of down declaring that would only leave a few nations mjolnir has to counter in the top and that would make up for the higher ANS, plus a few dedicated top nations could keep up to 3 times as many enemy nations occupied (nuclear anarchy is a !@#$%* right). The toptier would have a hard time for sure, but can't say this would be the first war we fight where we didn't have supremacy on the top tier, doesn't mean that much unless it's a big difference like it was on the DH front last war. I can't say i'm all too familiar with Val, asg. and nor's fighting abilities apart from the fact that it's not terrible, but i do know both DT and RoK have had a good beating not too long ago so i can't imagine all their members would be in for yet another difficult war.

Though it's true SF alliances are not used to fighting a losing war anymore i think some people in this topic are mistaken on that we can't handle it anymore. We would definitely not surrender easily even if we turn out to be the losing side. Plus we have a great advantage in the mid/bottom tier seeing our nations are used to fight wars against shotdown nations that have (better) wonders and bigger warchests then they have.

In the end i have to go with Delta on this one, it's a fight that can't be won, sure one bloc may do more damage then the other but any "victory" would come at such a great cost i would not call anyone a winner coming out of this.

Edited by EgoFreaky

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1309227931' post='2743123']
The fact that anyone thinks this is a "winnable" fight is funny.
[/quote]

The party that doesn't surrender first wins. But I guess that all depends on your definition of winning. If yours is that winning is ending the war with more than you went into, well then no war is winnable in CN.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1309242528' post='2743289']
ITT: Everyone who isn't SF says Mjolnir will win, while SF tries to call it a draw so that they don't have to admit they'd lose.
[/quote]

ITT: Lack of reading.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1309255228' post='2743356']
Clearly because Mjolinor received more votes in this poll they would win.
[/quote]
No, it is because they have more activity+experience+better suited stats for a 1v1 war with SF.