Peace in our Time - Weaboo Edition

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693590' post='2737805']
Unlike most of you I've spent time talking to the leadership of SOS of what they wanted and why, and have followed the relationship between these two alliances since the split and formation of the NsO. I think I know what I'm talking about on this topic, if any.
[/quote]
And yet it took a lot of pressure from allies to get SOS to agree to this. Perhaps they wanted it in the end, but they at least wanted to beat on NsO for a while. Instead they did practically no damage. In fairness though, once they attacked this is the best outcome they could have hoped for.

-Bama

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308694126' post='2737828']
Haha, whatever you say.

And believe what you want, because I know that I am right on this matter, if only this matter of all things I have debated in the past.

SOS wanted NsO to leave them alone.
NsO pester them for months.
[b]SOS show that they are willing to go to war over this and put their money where their mouth is.[/b]
NsO agree to distance themselves on an official level for eternity.

Happy ending there.
[/quote]

Showing that they are willing to put their money where their mouth is for a full 18 hours.

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1308693779' post='2737814']
Wasn't my doing. I'm under the impression it was your side who wanted SOS to propose peace in the first place.

Sounds like someone did some math and didn't like what they saw.
[/quote]

[quote]Ah yes, because we're such renowned cowards[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, SOS is the definition of a liability, a horrible nest of drama queen's who have zero consideration for how their self absorbed actions impact their allies, and they probably deserved to have their face broken during all of this. However, absolutely no one on either side should be god damn trying to act tough here. The numbers were even, the complication prospects were beyond ridiculous, and this was retarded.

Time for everyone who isn't obsessed with chinese cartoons to let it go and move on.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1308693082' post='2737775']
This agreement was what I wanted. I wanted something in writing that would keep NsO from ever being a problem to us again. As I always have I'll be ensuring that our end of the bargain is upheld.
[/quote]

So correct me if im wrong, but are you saying that this entire shendig was just so you could get an NAP with NsO?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1308694346' post='2737840']
Don't get me wrong, SOS is the definition of a liability, a horrible nest of drama queen's who have zero consideration for how their self absorbed actions impact their allies, and they probably deserved to have their face broken during all of this. However, absolutely no one on either side should be god damn trying to act tough here. The numbers were even, the complication prospects were beyond ridiculous, and this was retarded.

Time for everyone who isn't obsessed with chinese cartoons to let it go and move on.
[/quote]
Oh, Impero, it's not that I disagree. I just wanted a good scrap. Last war, I was inactive and missed the whole thing.

I've known Locke longer than just about everyone else in this thread. He's not a warmonger, and he knows how to get what he wants. It's actually not that hard to get what you want when what you want is fairly reasonable.

Still, Locke, why'd you put the word "official" in the terms? I would have gone with no contact at all. That's a way easier term to enforce, and much better as well.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1308693896' post='2737817']
Just like you think you know what your talking about in every topic.

I don't think everybody is buying that, I think its a lot more believable that SOS wanted to get more then just some 'compromise' from this situation, considering everything I've heard in the past several months about the condition of relations between the two alliances.

I think SOS wanted alot more, but sometimes, you've got to "compromise", a compromise here being not getting anything and making themselves look like idiots.
[/quote]
Feel free to ask anyone who was actually a part of this situation and ask them what I said our end-game was.

[quote]Locke: "I just wanted them to leave us alone, I got what I want".[/quote]

NsO: Ok guys, who wants to volunteer to unofficially pester SOS now?

Seriously Locke? All you wanted was to be left alone so you parade out with the flimsiest CB without a shred of evidence, Arnnea runs his mouth and looks like a buffoon as usual, and in the end you have this. I can see now why you stepped down from Invicta. You and I had a talk like this before and you sounded pretty similar then about how we ruined your time and effort and work you put into Invicta.

You didn't accomplish anything here. The only thing that happens now is that NsO has unofficial contact with you. And by unofficial, I mean they'll still pester you, but when you approach them the leadership will say "We don't acknowledge this as an official act".

Neat.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1308694546' post='2737849']
I've known Locke longer than just about everyone else in this thread. He's not a warmonger, and he knows how to get what he wants. It's actually not that hard to get what you want when what you want is fairly reasonable.

Still, Locke, why'd you put the word "official" in the terms? I would have gone with no contact at all. That's a way easier term to enforce, and much better as well.
[/quote]
The word official is in there because it is impossible (OOC: and arguably unethical considering OOC friendships) to stop that many people from even talking as friends. It would have been beyond foolish to try to police that. All that can really be regulated is offical contact.

-Bama

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1308692426' post='2737718']
...and agree to avoid all official contact.
[/quote]

:lol1:

A "time-out" peace term between alliance leadership...hey, why not? I've seen worse.

Congrats on peace.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308694353' post='2737841']
And have a look at the terms in the OP, it was enough.
[/quote]

Considering they wanted to "Teach NsO a lesson for a little while before peace." I'd say they didn't get what they wanted from this situation. Perhaps I'm one to think that a little while is more than one update of war before running with your tail tucked because you realized that the alliance you messed with has a good protector.