Peace in our Time - Weaboo Edition

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1308694716' post='2737857']
The word official is in there because it is impossible (OOC: and arguably unethical considering OOC friendships) to stop that many people from even talking as friends. It would have been beyond foolish to try to police that. All that can really be regulated is offical contact.

-Bama
[/quote]

Which judging by comments like this one from Locke when asked why SOS hadn't tried to contact NsO before DoWing:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1308627069' post='2736539']
<Mio|afk> yeah, you can stop being a dip!@#$ like that
<Mio|afk> before i pressure your allies to expel you
Why wouold I ever speak to you again?
[/quote]

Makes you wonder, precisely what "official" contact was there that is now prohibited?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693930' post='2737819']
Of course you could say that, but at the end of the day SOS already has allies, and what's more, allies who had obviously been consulted before this happened and gave the go-ahead, so I think SOS are in a pretty decent position at the end of this, all things considered.
[/quote]

I do not know how being publicly humiliated and making ones alliance widely mocked across Planet Bobs polical spectrum is a pretty decent position. In fact if I was in SOS I would not only be angry that my leadership made us look like idiots but, that they also ran home with tail between legs making us look like cowards. I expect SOS will continue to see members leaving that mess. I wonder who they will try and blame next?

Congrats NsO on your victory.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693350' post='2737793']
I think what you're all missing is that SOS pulled off an alliance wide raid and got the terms they wanted, all at no expense.

Deserve a pat on the back for that, alone.
[/quote]

To be honest, Jens is kind of right.

And as far as PR damage goes, pretty much no one liked SOS to begin with, so does it really make any difference?

If your intention was to break off all contact from the NsO then you would have stated it from the outset. Instead you gave us a convoluted story about unverified 'attempted' spying and 'member poaching' and proceeded to declare war. If you wanted to ignore them, there is an ignore feature on IRC and on these forum.

No one buys your story because after five years, we've come to learn that if it looks like !@#$ and smells like !@#$, it is !@#$.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1308694716' post='2737857']
The word official is in there because it is impossible (OOC: and arguably unethical considering OOC friendships) to stop that many people from even talking as friends. It would have been beyond foolish to try to police that. All that can really be regulated is offical contact.

-Bama
[/quote]
This is pretty much what I was about to say. I'm friends with a few members of SOS. I'm not about to be told I can't talk to them as friends just because a few people with vendettas threw a fit.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1308694902' post='2737865']
And as far as PR damage goes, pretty much no one liked SOS to begin with, so does it really make any difference?
[/quote]
SOS has some allies. Something tells me they aren't too pleased.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308695527' post='2737882']
Is this pretty much the CN equivalent of a restraining order?
[/quote]
Personally I liked the one that was proposed first more.

"The New Sakura Order willrefrain from any agressive act or contact with the SOSBrigade, and the SOS Brigade will pay the same respect in return."

Those NsO warmongers being aggressive and all that!

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1308693779' post='2737814']
Wasn't my doing. I'm under the impression it was your side who wanted SOS to propose peace in the first place.

[b]Sounds like someone did some math and didn't like what they saw[/b].
[/quote]

Looks like people are a little slow over there if they just found out after Declaring war.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308693980' post='2737820']
Unhappily people around here don't go to war unless victory is already achieved before it even starts.
[/quote]

SF almost did. I was in [i]full[/i] support.

Congratulations on peace, I will look forward to the day to where I see SOS Brigade burn.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308695527' post='2737882']
Is this pretty much the CN equivalent of a restraining order?
[/quote]

Seeing as I quite liked this analogy from the DoW:

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1308663239' post='2737204']
This is actually more like a fight breaking out at a children's hockey game. It starts with little johnny bopping little stevie over the head with his stick, and ends with the mommies and daddies beating the !@#$ out of each other while johnny and stevie cry from the sidelines.
[/quote]

I'd call this more "after the fight is over, the parents tell Johnny and Stevie that they aren't allowed to play together or go near each other"

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308692488' post='2737721']
Good job Locke. You sure proved a lot to them.
[/quote]
Ya know, but I bet he had more fun* than all of us yesterday. :P

[size="1"]*That probably depends on your definition of fun, though[/size]

This is clearly a momentous event in the history of this world. Props to NsO on their tremendous victory and shame on the utter [i]public humiliation[/i] of the SOS brigade.

At least my back collect remains save from the scourge of negative improvement slots.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1308694859' post='2737864']
I do not know how being publicly humiliated and making ones alliance widely mocked across Planet Bobs polical spectrum is a pretty decent position. In fact if I was in SOS I would not only be angry that my leadership made us look like idiots but, that they also ran home with tail between legs making us look like cowards. I expect SOS will continue to see members leaving that mess. I wonder who they will try and blame next?

Congrats NsO on your victory.
[/quote]
As has been said time and time again, nobody liked SOS before this, and nothing has changed. SOS however, still has their allies.

Seems like a "happy" ending to me.

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1308694654' post='2737851']
You and I had a talk like this before and you sounded pretty similar then about how we ruined your time and effort and work you put into Invicta.
[/quote]
...What? That's pretty absurd.

OOC: Off topic, but I'll bite. I left Invicta because I was busy with college and didn't have time to deal with the Stickmen. Where you get what you said I'll never know.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1308694801' post='2737860']
Considering they wanted to "Teach NsO a lesson for a little while before peace." I'd say they didn't get what they wanted from this situation. Perhaps I'm one to think that a little while is more than one update of war before running with your tail tucked because you realized that the alliance you messed with has a good protector.
[/quote]
Some of us (anyone who read this topic can guess one) wanted more. But in the end you were dealing with me, I finalized things on our end, so my goals are what matters.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1308694915' post='2737866']
If your intention was to break off all contact from the NsO then you would have stated it from the outset. Instead you gave us a convoluted story about unverified 'attempted' spying and 'member poaching' and proceeded to declare war. If you wanted to ignore them, there is an ignore feature on IRC and on these forum.

No one buys your story because after five years, we've come to learn that if it looks like !@#$ and smells like !@#$, it is !@#$.
[/quote]
Our intentions from the outset were relayed to the people who actually had bearing on the decision.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1308695940' post='2737893']
Ya know, but I bet he had more fun* than all of us yesterday. :P

[size="1"]*That probably depends on your definition of fun, though[/size]
[/quote]
If you think I had fun I do believe you need to get your head checked. :P

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1308694346' post='2737840']
[b]The numbers were even, the complication prospects were beyond ridiculous,[/b] and this was retarded.
[/quote]

Yeah. God forbid that should happen right?

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693590' post='2737805']
Unlike most of you I've spent time talking to the leadership of SOS of what they wanted and why, and have followed the relationship between these two alliances since the split and formation of the NsO. I think I know what I'm talking about on this topic, if any.
[/quote]

Why on earth would you do that?