Peace in our Time - Weaboo Edition

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693350' post='2737793']
I think what you're all missing is that SOS pulled off an alliance wide raid and got the terms they wanted, all at no expense.

Deserve a pat on the back for that, alone.
[/quote]

Pretty poor raid considering I've had a net gain from this.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1308693488' post='2737801']
You're buying Locke's statement that this agreement is exactly what SOS wanted? Well okay.

-Bama
[/quote]
Unlike most of you I've spent time talking to the leadership of SOS of what they wanted and why, and have followed the relationship between these two alliances since the split and formation of the NsO. I think I know what I'm talking about on this topic, if any.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693350' post='2737793']
I think what you're all missing is that SOS pulled off an alliance wide raid and got the terms they wanted, all at no expense.

Deserve a pat on the back for that, alone.
[/quote]
Anything that would have been gained from that was destroyed by how poorly they handled it.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1308693663' post='2737809']
Should have let them duke it out tbh, IAA are party poopers.

:(( Peace :((
[/quote]
Wasn't my doing. I'm under the impression it was your side who wanted SOS to propose peace in the first place.

Sounds like someone did some math and didn't like what they saw.

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1308693779' post='2737814']
Wasn't my doing. I'm under the impression it was your side who wanted SOS to propose peace in the first place.

[/quote]

Ah yes, because we're such renowned cowards

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693590' post='2737805']
Unlike most of you I've spent time talking to the leadership of SOS of what they wanted and why, and have followed the relationship between these two alliances since the split and formation of the NsO. I think I know what I'm talking about on this topic, if any.
[/quote]

Just like you think you know what your talking about in every topic.

I don't think everybody is buying that, I think its a lot more believable that SOS wanted to get more then just some 'compromise' from this situation, considering everything I've heard in the past several months about the condition of relations between the two alliances.

I think SOS wanted alot more, but sometimes, you've got to "compromise", a compromise here being not getting anything and making themselves look like idiots.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1308693663' post='2737809']
Should have let them duke it out tbh, IAA are party poopers.

:(( Peace :((
[/quote]

Didn't get enough of us last war James? I'm sure we could find a way to let that happen somehow without causing a global war, if you really wanted to.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308693694' post='2737810']
Anything that would have been gained from that was destroyed by how poorly they handled it.
[/quote]
Of course you could say that, but at the end of the day SOS already has allies, and what's more, allies who had obviously been consulted before this happened and gave the go-ahead, so I think SOS are in a pretty decent position at the end of this, all things considered.

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1308693779' post='2737814']
[/quote]

Unhappily people around here don't go to war unless victory is already achieved before it even starts.

[quote name='Eucliwood Hellscythe' timestamp='1308693091' post='2737776']
Well, you got it, and also a nice public humiliation. A worthy trade ^_^
[/quote]
My personal pride isn't worth as much to me as getting what I want; I came in willing to pay any price for that.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1308693412' post='2737794']
I'm laughing so hard at Locke trying to spin this is a win. The truth is, had NsO had any balls on them, you would have gotten your face stomped in. Same with your allies unless they'd left you to burn. Luck saved you (and cowardice from NsO).
[/quote]
I'm not spinning this as a win. I got what I wanted. That's all that matters to me. You can claim I'm "moving the goal posts," but that's really quite silly in light of the statements made both internally and to allies now and in incidents past.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1308693412' post='2737795']
For being so against war, you were quite gung-ho about it last night.
[/quote]
Unless you've been me since September you really don't know what I've done to put this off.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693427' post='2737796']
Having Chimaera posting this was a compromise?

I didn't say you weren't against this war?
[/quote]
It was a compromise, rather than one or the other primary parties doing so. And that last bit was aimed more generally, I know you understand my intentions.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308693930' post='2737819']
Of course you could say that, but at the end of the day SOS already has allies, and what's more, allies who had obviously been consulted before this happened and gave the go-ahead, so I think SOS are in a pretty decent position at the end of this, all things considered.
[/quote]

You think being the laughingstock of the Cyberverse is a "pretty decent position"?

Ok then.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1308693855' post='2737815']
[/quote]
There's a difference between cowards and letting things go to hell over a few idiots. Quite frankly I believe RIA went with the latter as they're smart enough to realize what would happen if this didn't end as it has.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308693980' post='2737820']
Unhappily people around here don't go to war unless victory is already achieved before it even starts.
[/quote]

Its a shame that when somebody messes up and starts something that could potentially become interesting, they get such a fine oppertunity to tuck tail and run.

I think the chaos it would have caused to our foreign policy was probably more of a deterrent really, the last thing we want is another repeat of last war.

We "won" the last war but lost a lot more than we ever have in our worst losses. We lost friends, allies, relationships of years.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1308693896' post='2737817']
Just like you think you know what your talking about in every topic.

I don't think everybody is buying that, I think its a lot more believable that SOS wanted to get more then just some 'compromise' from this situation, considering everything I've heard in the past several months about the condition of relations between the two alliances.

I think SOS wanted alot more, but sometimes, you've got to "compromise", a compromise here being not getting anything and making themselves look like idiots.
[/quote]
Haha, whatever you say.

And believe what you want, because I know that I am right on this matter, if only this matter of all things I have debated in the past.

SOS wanted NsO to leave them alone.
NsO pester them for months.
SOS show that they are willing to go to war over this and put their money where their mouth is.
NsO agree to distance themselves on an official level for eternity.

Happy ending there.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1308693855' post='2737815']
[/quote]

To be honest I think you both were pretty big !@#$%*^ the entire time. It would have been a great war and even semi-even. No one wants to fight a war where they don't know whether they can win or not though.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308694126' post='2737828']
Haha, whatever you say.

And believe what you want, because I know that I am right on this matter, if only this matter of all things I have debated in the past.

SOS wanted NsO to leave them alone.
NsO pester them for months.
SOS show that they are willing to go to war over this and put their money where their mouth is.
NsO agree to distance themselves on an official level for eternity.

Happy ending there.
[/quote]
How much are they paying you Jens, and I'll double it.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1308694050' post='2737823']
You think being the laughingstock of the Cyberverse is a "pretty decent position"?

Ok then.
[/quote]
As long as you have allies who respect and understand you and why you make the decisions you make, why not?

If they're not your allies, and you're not interested in them on any level, they're just another alliance('s membership) saying what they want. Who cares?