Another Kaskus Annoucement

Kaskus has ratified the moldavi doctrine (minus article 4 and 6). 

Whereas, it is the opinion of the New Sith Order Kaskus that all alliances possess naturally the right to act justly in the interests of themselves, their friends, and their allies and as such, optional defense and aggression treaties imply through their very existence that this right is guaranteed not by nature but by the treaties themselves, but recognizing that not all peoples in the Cyberverse yet realize the superfluity of optional defense and aggression treaties, we adopt this doctrine as our sovereign right.

Article I
The New Sith Order Kaskus shall retain the option, though not the obligation, to declare war in the defense of any alliance that finds itself the victim of foreign aggression. Reciprocally, the New Sith Order Kaskus acknowledges that all alliances retain the same option to defend it.

Article II
The New Sith Order Kaskus shall retain the option, though not the obligation, to declare war in the support of any alliance that has initiated warfare against another. Reciprocally, the New Sith Order Kaskus acknowledges that all alliances retain the same option to war in support of it.

Article III
The New Sith Order Kaskus shall retain the option, though not the obligation, to share intelligence critical to the security of another alliance with it. Reciprocally, the New Sith Order Kaskus acknowledges that all alliances retain the same option to share intelligence with it.

Article IV
This doctrine shall be considered null and void once it is recognized by the rest of the Cyberverse that those rights which it guarantees are, in fact, guaranteed not by it but rather are intrinsic to all alliances.

Article V
The New Sith Order Kaskus recognizes the need for such acts to be just and therefore will only invoke the Doctrine if the determined point of interjection has been attacked unjustly or the likewise determined point of support has established a just casus belli.

Article VI
The New Sith Order will consult with either the determined point of interjection or point of support prior to any official declarations being made.

Signed,

/s/ Kaskus
President - Black Orchid
Vice President - Lord Bitburg
Lord of War - Death From Above 82
Minister of Economics - Baby Fark McGeezax
Minister of Foreign Affairs - Collegekid13 of Spandonia

Edited by Unknown Smurf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaskus has made two major altercations, my favorite of which is that they'll keep upholding this doctrine even once it's become completely meaningless, like some sort of meaningless doctrine hoarder.  You guys going to ratify the Monroe Doctrine next too?

Nonetheless, Ivan would be proud that his ideals have finally caught on, even if it is only Kaskus.

I had forgotten the Moldavi Doctrine was a thing, truth be told. At this rate, it'll be like, 20 years before the rest of Bob follows suit. 

Interesting move nonetheless.

Is it really interesting that they made an announcement that they're going to do what they've always done?

This is a great move. I'm actually really impressed to see Kaskus adopting this policy, it's a great bridge to being completely paperless. While people will argue whether or not a document saying you don't need treaties to become involved in international incidents is necessary, this scaffolding exercise to make Kaskus' allies and members more comfortable with the idea is necessary for nations unfamiliar to the idea. 

kaskus aint what it once was

gotta stay relevant somehow

We are what we always were. We were only 900k tNS when we hit the 4m NS of goons way back when.

This is a great move. I'm actually really impressed to see Kaskus adopting this policy, it's a great bridge to being completely paperless. While people will argue whether or not a document saying you don't need treaties to become involved in international incidents is necessary, this scaffolding exercise to make Kaskus' allies and members more comfortable with the idea is necessary for nations unfamiliar to the idea. 

Thank you for the support. I think the majority of Bob should also ratify this doctrine. If we don't defend others against unwarranted aggression how can we expect others to help us when it's time to roll us.

Kaskus has made two major altercations, my favorite of which is that they'll keep upholding this doctrine even once it's become completely meaningless, like some sort of meaningless doctrine hoarder.  You guys going to ratify the Monroe Doctrine next too?

Nonetheless, Ivan would be proud that his ideals have finally caught on, even if it is only Kaskus.

The doctrine is essentially a statement of fact, no? Every alliance has these options, at all times. Ivan, merely slapped the rest upside the head by codifying it into a document to remind them.

The doctrine is essentially a statement of fact, no? Every alliance has these options, at all times. Ivan, merely slapped the rest upside the head by codifying it into a document to remind them.

No alliance has exercised these options though. 

If anyone questions if we will... well they are welcome to. We will see if they are right or wrong though. 

No one has ever used it though.

No alliance has exercised these options though. 

If anyone questions if we will... well they are welcome to. We will see if they are right or wrong though. 

I'm personally glad to see you adopted this. You know where to find us if you need us.

You can see this in two ways: as in advance communique to later justify intervention and thus try control PR damage, or as fair warning that shows that you're civil and accountable.

I applaud consistency and transparency. As part of an alliance that has what many would call maybe the most "redundant and unnecessary" treaty of the history of CN - on which they would be wrong - I can understand the effort to make Kaskus's statutes more consistent, and the exercise of them more efficient, even if the doctrine is apparently superfluous.