Announcement from Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom

Natan

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1296790802' post='2618713']
Or maybe they don't appreciate your coalitions attempts to try and drag them into the war.

Just a thought.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not really sure about that. Although I though Duckroll was stupid to sit out, if that's what they want to do, who am I to judge? Some wars, that are quite stupid, and I have no dog in I wouldn't jump in. Can't blame them for that.[/color]

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1296790583' post='2618698']
And here comes the pre-emptive treaty guilting bang on time!
[/quote]
Heh, not really. The only reason I'd want Valhalla to enter is to see them burn. I just felt his snarky little comment about leaving allies to burn should be addressed, since he has allies engaged on various fronts and yet is sitting pretty on the sidelines.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1296790817' post='2618714']
Quiet infidel, we do too have a treaty with FOK:http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=52180. MK's incompetent Kommune, Southern INfidelegation, and Mushreich leadership are to blame for not updating the cyberwiki.

As for our Jihad, our holy war on you began with your actions against the good folk (people of the fungus) of FOK.
[/quote]

Cybernations Wiki E-Lawyers are the best kind

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1296790865' post='2618715']
Because you offensively with no CB attacked NPO out of the blue. That makes you the aggressors and everyone else responding the defenders to the overall situation.
[/quote]
Your DoW states a war against GOONS. I don't see Umb or MK mentioned. See I can e-lawyer too.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1296790223' post='2618674']
Some people are really stupid. We are not pissed that ML is defending TPF. We declared wars against TPF. ML has the right to declare on us. [b]But acting like our members are rogues and being childish is not an acceptable reaction[/b]. Also, [b]we are not crying[/b]. Stop grasping for straws you idiots.
[/quote]
LMAO at you crying about their behavior and claiming you're not crying, all in the same breath. :ehm:

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1296790414' post='2618686']
So now that ML is in the war will Valhalla continue to hide while ML burns. (yay Duckroll?)

Not that that would be a dick move or anything.
[/quote]

Except ML knows exactly where Valhalla and the rest of Duckroll stand, as they've been involved in all DR decisions for the duration of the war.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1296790494' post='2618693']
You seem awfully annoyed. Which big meanie put a gain to your rosy cheeks and forced you to read our announcements?
[/quote]

I am loving them. The tears, the crying, the EVERYTHING MUST DIE crap, the TOP will save us stuff. Its all golden. You have lost everything you were. Your no fun, your despised, you keep screwing up, you can not stop moaning about whatever. You have truly become a wanna be NPO except instead of arrogant it all comes off as really desperate. How can I stop watching you all self descruct? Why would I want to?

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1296789927' post='2618656']
Yes they really really do. You morons decided to throw all the rules out the window and now we have listen to you all cry when people are doing as they wish. You think its bad now then you have no idea what is down the road. Karma is a real !@#$%* and you idiots let this genie out of the bottle. Coming here and moaning about it will not save you before that genie comes back round and bites you in the ass. I also feel sorry for whatever suckers you send to mess with ML, enjoy that beating.
[/quote]

All of you had better watch out, or TBB will bring his black ops out on you!

Oh, no!!!

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1296790711' post='2618706']
As I've been told it, Molon Labe has been informed by the rest of Duckroll that they're on their own in this one.
[/quote]
Hm good to know, thanks. That appears to fly in the face of the whole Duckroll agreement, but I guess that's between them and ML.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1296790588' post='2618699']
I didn't have one before, not really. Sure, there's some blind allegiance to NPO involved and all that, but I didn't have any actual issues with tPF.

Drawing in ML, and attempting to draw in TOOL to defend NPO in your stead while you hide the majority of your strength in peace mode however, NOW i have a problem.
[/quote]
TOOL isn't even in the war as of now unless I missed something? Before you put judgment on TPF, how about you talk to your allies about what happened. We are thankful any assistance any of our allies provide and you can rest assured no one will be left behind.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1296789949' post='2618660']
Something tells me that you've hit the bottom of the pool. Trust me, there aren't any fishes. Thanks though :blush:
[/quote]

If only your posts had a point to them.. then I could take you seriously.

[quote name='Noob Cake' timestamp='1296790471' post='2618692']
I don't see why a NSO member can't follow the simple logic chain of this declaration.

TPF attacks GOONS, MDoAP partners of both Umbrella and MK (Distance 0)
Umbrella and MK attack TPF (Distance 1)
ML attacks Umbrella and MK in defense of TPF, their MDoAP ally (Distance 2)
Umbrella and MK declare war on ML in self defense.

In fact, Umb and MK attacking ML is arguably more justified than ML attacking us. The ML equivalent of an Umb/MK attack on TPF is a ML attack on GOONS.

A DoW is only a courtesy toward ML and a formality at best.

Lastly, get your fail e-lawyering out of here
[/quote]

I happen to see an MK war against CoJ, one against The Last Republic, some against Legion, three against NSO, and a bunch against CCC. Umbrella also has some wars against Legion and ARES. So are you making it official and clarifying that MK and Umbrella are at a state of war against CoJ, TLR, Legion, CCC, NSO and ARES in addition to TPF? Come clean for once now here.

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296790798' post='2618712']
I fixed this for you. Quit acting like you didn't purposefully neglect declaring this war to avoid bringing more alliances in.
[/quote]
lmao, how is your tin foil there? Whose it going to bring in, TPF?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1296790941' post='2618719']
Heh, not really. The only reason I'd want Valhalla to enter is to see them burn. I just felt his snarky little comment about leaving allies to burn should be addressed, since he has allies engaged on various fronts and yet is sitting pretty on the sidelines.
[/quote]

Right so, you'd want Valhalla to enter on your side, to see them burn?

[img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-thumbsup.gif[/img]

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1296790229' post='2618675']
I have no idea what your problem is with TPF, but it seems there is one and thats unfortunate.
[/quote]

Are you really so dense? He's criticizing your alliance's strategy. He's far from the only one.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296790778' post='2618711']
When you can't physically attack someone (PM) then why would you make some statement. What's it going to say "We would be at war if you came out and let us fight you?"
[/quote]
You have ongoing wars against other alliances. If you feel there is a need to DoW on these guys then it would seem to make sense to also issue a DoW on the others you are fighting within the same announcement.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296790662' post='2618704']
Our alliance was effectively at war with TPF as soon as they attacked GOONS.
[/quote]

That's where you're wrong. Unloess you merged with GOONS in some odd split-AA fashion, all you have is a treaty with them. A treaty means that once an alliance declares you your ally, you declare war on your ally's attacker in return. It does not mean that you are automatically at war with your ally's attacker.

Also, I don't see why you think peace mode is relevant. Peace mode, for the purposes of this argument, means absolutely nothing. It's a strawman if I've ever seen one.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296790603' post='2618700']
The funniest thing about this whole situation is that even if you think MK/Umbrella are in the wrong for not posting a DOW on TPF, ML did it first when they attacked non "rogue" MK and umbrella nations. There's really no way ML didn't just do something extremely stupid.
[/quote]
This post makes no sense in that you claim ML did a no DoW war first against UMB/MK. It seems to me MK/umb did it at least 5-6 days earlier if you were to count the ml nation's attack.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1296790671' post='2618705']
MK and FOK have a MDoAP.

Edit: link: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95791
[/quote]
Oh. They never listed it anywhere. Oo"

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Mushroom_Kingdom#Treaties
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/FOK#Inter-alliance_Treaties

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1296790865' post='2618715']
Because you offensively with no CB attacked NPO out of the blue. That makes you the aggressors and everyone else responding the defenders to the overall situation.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I've always hated that definition of "defender." NSO, TPF, all of us, we enter voluntarily. Granted, we're not aggressor, or defenders. We're just in on treaties. As far as I'm concerned the only defending alliances currently at war are NPO and NpO, and the only aggressors, in the normal sense, are Doomhouse, FAN, VE, PC, and that other one.[/color]

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1296791002' post='2618723']
LMAO at you crying about their behavior and claiming you're not crying, all in the same breath. :ehm:
[/quote]
No. This is not crying. This is being baffled by a silly reaction to a thread that is pretty easy to understand. Neither party in this conflict is in the wrong here so I don't understand what people are going nuts about.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296790764' post='2618710']
ML insisting they have the right to declare members of other alliances rogues and prosecute them as such, and further insisting that any retaliation by those alliances is illegal. It's a ridiculous argument - and since I'm sure it's been done before, I'll simply say it was wrong then as well. It's !@#$%^&*, no matter who does it.
[/quote]
It also appears the Umb ad MK are insisting that they have the right to declare war on any alliance they feel like without providing said alliance with a formal declaration of war, and further insist that any treaty partner of that AA who takes issue with this and strikes back in defense in turn provides them the courtesy of the same formal declaration they denied the original aa they were attacking. It's a ridiculous argument.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1296789395' post='2618628']
Read the op again. All Umbrella attacks on TPF we're sanctioned but we didn't bother cluttering up the OWF with DoW's over 1 or 2 wars declared. We continued to tell ML about this but they still claimed our nations were "rouges" and refused to back down, 24 hours later we are here.
[/quote]
WHoa! Wait. Does that mean we are at war?

I love how this straightforward post has been twisted into some sort of debate about the merits of DoWs. This is a recognition of hostilities, people. Since ML refused to call the spade a spade and insisted that they were attacking rogues, we stepped up and made it official.

Edited by tamerlane