Announcement from Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom

Natan

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296789410' post='2618629']
I still don't see a declaration of war against the Phoenix Federation. If you have not declared an aggressive war on TPF, then Molon Labe is correct in retaliating to the rogue efforts of some of your alliance members. However, if you, as the OP implies, fought an undeclared war against TPF but did not announce it to avoid "cluttering the forum," then Molon Labe is simply retaliating in the name of its treaty partner.

Either way, Molon Labe is in the right here, and either way you deserve retaliation from the allies of TPF and/or ML. Good luck
[/quote]

Which article of the Rules of War is this in?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296789684' post='2618643']
xfd. ITT, ML should be the one telling MK who on their AA are members and who aren't.

Of course they're defending their treaty partner, and that is why we have recognised a state of war with them.
[/quote]

So then you recognize that you have declared an aggressive war on TPF as well?

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1296789751' post='2618647']
I really hope you don't get into leadership of another alliance, otherwise they'll have to disband again. Good propaganda though.
[/quote]

Something tells me that you've hit the bottom of the pool. Trust me, there aren't any fishes. Thanks though :blush:

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1296789927' post='2618656']
Yes they really really do. You morons decided to throw all the rules out the window and now we have listen to you all cry when people are doing as they wish. You think its bad now then you have no idea what is down the road. Karma is a real !@#$%* and you idiots let this genie out of the bottle. Coming here and moaning about it will not save you before that genie comes back round and bites you in the ass. I also feel sorry for whatever suckers you send to mess with ML, enjoy that beating.
[/quote]

Pulling words such as "cry" and "moaning" out of various orifices does not make them true.

Edited by Masterof9puppets

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1296789829' post='2618650']
You get me all wrong dawg. I'm not hatin' on not posting dows I'm poking fun at ML for the reason they didn't. Spinelessness is always fun to point out.
[/quote]
Seems to me the reason they didn't post a DOW, dawg, is because you did the same to their ally TPF, so they responded in kind.
If DL is spineless for not posting a DOW, so is MK and Umbrella when counterring TPF.

Yes they really really do. You morons decided to throw all the rules out the window and now we have listen to you all cry when people are doing as they wish. You think its bad now then you have no idea what is down the road. Karma is a real !@#$%* and you idiots let this genie out of the bottle. Coming here and moaning about it will not save you before that genie comes back round and bites you in the ass. I also feel sorry for whatever suckers you send to mess with ML, enjoy that beating.
[/quote]

You're going to get a lot of hate for saying that, but let me start by saying, before anybody says the obligatory "u mad bro's" and "trololol's..."

+1, supported.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1296789751' post='2618647']
So let me get this straight, if both of what you say are true, ML acted in the same way toward your two alliances as you acted toward ML's MDoAP partner TPF? You don't see an ounce of contradiction in this? I expect better from you Az.[/quote]
Yup. And there is nothing wrong with ML doing that, except for their failure to call a spade a spade. We are calling a spade a spade.

[quote name='ThatFALGuy' timestamp='1296789694' post='2618645']
Wait, since when did helping allies become a protected action of only MK and Umbrella? You guys are just wound too damn tight me thinks, need to loosen up and live a little.
[/quote]
This is a very good point. Why should MK and Umbrella defend allies?

makes u think...

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1296790016' post='2618664']
Yup. And there is nothing wrong with ML doing that, except for their failure to call a spade a spade. We are calling a spade a spade.
[/quote]

You're doing no such thing until we see some admission from you stating you were engaged in a war with tpf prior to all of this, regardless of the size of the engagement.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1296790016' post='2618664']
[/quote]
They called a spade a spade by doing the same thing you did. They figured that if you don't bother posting DOWs before you hit someone, that they don't need to post a DOW when they hit you.

Seems to me you're whining because they hit you without a DOW, after you threw all the rules out the window. While it pains me to say it, The Big Bad is right, Karma is a !@#$%*.

[/quote]
Who is crying?

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296789940' post='2618658']
So then you recognize that you have declared an aggressive war on TPF as well?
[/quote]
If there are any nations in our range in TPF, then of course we're at war with them. The only reason this hasn't been acknowledged is because TPF (and the rest of the NPO and NPO's ally's) upper tiers are hiding from us in PM.

Some people are really stupid. We are not pissed that ML is defending TPF. We declared wars against TPF. ML has the right to declare on us. But acting like our members are rogues and being childish is not an acceptable reaction. Also, we are not crying. Stop grasping for straws you idiots.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1296789093' post='2618612']
So now that tPF has called in their allies will they continue to hide their members in peace mode while ML burns.

Not that that would be a dick move or anything.
[/quote]
I have no idea what your problem is with TPF, but it seems there is one and thats unfortunate.

[quote name='WCaesarD' timestamp='1296789831' post='2618651']
Your op states that sanctioned attacks on another alliance constitutes an alliance war. Your alliance has done exactly this to TPF. TPF's treaty partner, ML responds in kind, seems fairly simple to me. So I assume you now recognize formal hostilities (war) with TPF as well, as per this logic outlined at the start of this discussion?
[/quote]
Yes, that is simple and is my exact point in fact. We stated this fact to ML last night. Saying that our attacks on TPF were sanctioned. And their response was to tell us they weren't sanctioned and ML treated them as rogue attacks.We told them that we were at war with TPF and they tried to be smart arses and say we weren't due to no OWF post. Our response was that ML could either let the nations go as rogues, or we will officially recognise a state of war between the allances. It is now over 24 hours later and no word. Therefore ML are honouring their treaty with TPF (as is their right) and we, being the gentlemen we are, are acknowledging the state of war that is between all 3 of us.

I have explained that terribly but there is literally no issue at all here other than people seemingly expecting MK/Umb to not honour the doomhouse accords.

[quote name='WCaesarD' timestamp='1296790151' post='2618669']
You're doing no such thing until we see some admission from you stating you were engaged in a war with tpf prior to all of this, regardless of the size of the engagement.
[/quote]

This man speaks the truth. I love how they won't actually declare their aggressive war, but when they're taking a "defensive action," they don't mind "cluttering the forums."

[/quote]

"You ruined everything! [img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-qq.gif[/img]"

[quote name='WCaesarD' timestamp='1296790151' post='2618669']
[/quote]
That's literally what they are saying. They've been engaged in war with TPF. Zero people are trying to hide that fact.

[quote name='Roosterton' timestamp='1296789554' post='2618635']
So I guess DoW's on the OWF aren't needed to start alliance wars anymore? Good to hear.

Not that I particularly care, I just find the double standards of how these new guys think they're such an improvement from the NPO kinda funny.
[/quote]

I sincerely hope MK and UMB post 22 DoWs on these boards tonight to quiet the deliberately ignorant amongst you.

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1296790250' post='2618676']
Yes, that is simple and is my exact point in fact. We stated this fact to ML last night. Saying that our attacks on TPF were sanctioned. And their response was to tell us they weren't sanctioned and ML treated them as rogue attacks.We told them that we were at war with TPF and they tried to be smart arses and say we weren't due to no OWF post. Our response was that ML could either let the nations go as rogues, or we will officially recognise a state of war between the allances. It is now over 24 hours later and no word. Therefore ML are honouring their treaty with TPF (as is their right) and we, being the gentlemen we are, are acknowledging the state of war that is between all 3 of us.

I have explained that terribly but there is literally no issue at all here other than people seemingly expecting MK/Umb to not honour the doomhouse accords.
[/quote]

This should have been your OP, it would have saved 5+ pages of headaches.

[quote=Natan]Molon Labe's government has both participated in these attacks and made clear in negotiations that they do not consider these to be rogue attacks any more than we consider our own members who are defending GOONS to be rogues.[/quote]

Well, you guys already disqualified the need for a casus belli. Who needs a declaration of war? -_-

And I noticed that Umbrella nations attacked us; the last time I checked, the CCC was not at war with Umbrella. Heck, I don't even know why the Mushroom Kingdom declared on us. Aside from a crusade of bad taste, MK and FOK have no treaties, nor does the CCC and NPO. I mean, seriously, WE WERE ON YOUR SIDE IN KARMA AND TOP-C&G.

Edited by Taishaku

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296790185' post='2618671']
Seems to me you're whining because they hit you without a DOW, after you threw all the rules out the window.
[/quote]
Are you really this dense? We couldn't care less if ML attacked us, we've got a lot of un-engaged nations. This thread was made because they refuse to acknowledge certain members of our AA as MK members (and therefore 'free game'). We are telling them this isn't true.

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1296790250' post='2618676']

[/quote]
I simply quote this as the situation is pretty much identical to Umbrella's. It's been said.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296788447' post='2618577']
Let it be known that GOD fully supports Umbrella and MK in this situation and will take action as necessary to reflect that. This is one of the few clear cut cases I have seen arise from this war and it makes my blood boil.
[/quote]

To be fair Xiph clear cut CB's etc isn't exactly something we should be pointing out in the same topic as MK / Umbrella right now :awesome:

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1296789093' post='2618612']
So now that tPF has called in their allies will they continue to hide their members in peace mode while ML burns.

[/quote]
So now that ML is in the war will Valhalla continue to hide while ML burns. (yay Duckroll?)