Announcement from Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom

Natan

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1297054134' post='2623275']
Throughout all of the criticism Valhalla has been taking for not defending your allies, your mantra has been "We aren't doing this for the reasons you think. Don't presume to know the relationship between Valhalla and our allies." And yet you do not extend the same courtesy to others. You somehow have the gall to tell us who we do and do not fight for. If TOOL should decide at any point in the future to enter this conflict, I personally guarantee you that it will be to fight for our allies, not the New Pacific Order. Nothing you say can change that. Furthermore we have absolutely no problem with TPF's war strategy. Maybe that's because we know what's going on and you don't. You should be careful when you make accusations based on things you know nothing about.

-Bama
[/quote]

Ok, I guess i really hit a nerve with TOOL.

You're allowed to believe whatever you want to believe, but maybe your perspective is skewed because you don't want to think ill about a supposed friend. Maybe you've bought into this great awe inspiring game breaking strat that will magically unfold and rescue NPO from the clutches of evil. Maybe some of what you've been told is a crock. Maybe I do have a fair amount of information at hand about what is actually going on. Maybe I understand what a Pyrrhic Victory is. Maybe you should lighten up and let tPF defend herself.

You should read a little slower next time. TOOL would of course fight in the name of tPF. I am in no way saying that TOOL would DoW for NPO. However, the efforts being put forth by tPF's allies would be for the sake of NPO, tPF is just a go between. Of course, should you drop most of your str into hippy also and continue to pile into GOONS you'd prove me wrong. Should tPF come out of hippy enmasse, and not piece meal, and actually take the hits with their allies, I'll be proven wrong.

I'd love to be wrong. It's because ML is burning that I'm making these posts. I lay some of the blame on ML, of course, they still had to press the button, but they wouldn't have done so without tPF trying to bring them in.

One other thing, I've never used the "We aren't doing this for the reasons you think. Don't presume to know the relationship between Valhalla and our allies." line. Not that it's ever stopped anyone from making assumptions about what others are doing. That's why we're all here, right?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1297060316' post='2623654']
I'd love to be wrong. It's because ML is burning that I'm making these posts. I lay some of the blame on ML, of course, they still had to press the button, but they wouldn't have done so without tPF trying to bring them in. [/quote]

Please give a little credit that ML isn't some mindless twit, nor is ML about ignoring its allies in need. Yes, ML pushed the button to help defend it's allies, though TPF did not and does not need to request ML's aid. None of ML's allies [i]need[/i] to [i]try[/i] to get help from ML. When help is needed it is "go time" and nothing less. I don't recall anywhere seeing "tPF trying to bring them in", in all actuality, you couldn't be more wrong.

I have this sneaky suspicion it is not the choice that ML made in defending it's ally, but in who that ally is. Personally I find that rather sad, sad indeed.

I'd love to be wrong. It's because ML is burning that I'm making these posts. I lay some of the blame on ML, of course, they still had to press the button, but they wouldn't have done so without tPF trying to bring them in.
[/quote]
Can't you and Hal talk to Molon Labe directly about your concerns using private channels, instead of slamming their only other MDP partner in public using allegations which are clearly false to anyone who knows anything about our coalition's plans?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297081488' post='2623928']
Can't you and Hal talk to Molon Labe directly about your concerns using private channels, instead of slamming their only other MDP partner in public using allegations which are clearly false to anyone who knows anything about our coalition's plans?
[/quote]

I have, actually.

Very well, I'll await your awe inspiring military revelation. Since it's obvious that your coalition figured out some miraculous new approach to war and there's no way anyone can see it coming or understand what it is you're attempting to do.

Edited by Lord Levistus

You're allowed to believe whatever you want to believe, but maybe your perspective is skewed because you don't want to think ill about a supposed friend. Maybe you've bought into this great awe inspiring game breaking strat that will magically unfold and rescue NPO from the clutches of evil. Maybe some of what you've been told is a crock. Maybe I do have a fair amount of information at hand about what is actually going on. Maybe I understand what a Pyrrhic Victory is. Maybe you should lighten up and let tPF defend herself.

You should read a little slower next time. TOOL would of course fight in the name of tPF. I am in no way saying that TOOL would DoW for NPO. However, the efforts being put forth by tPF's allies would be for the sake of NPO, tPF is just a go between. Of course, should you drop most of your str into hippy also and continue to pile into GOONS you'd prove me wrong. Should tPF come out of hippy enmasse, and not piece meal, and actually take the hits with their allies, I'll be proven wrong.

One other thing, I've never used the "We aren't doing this for the reasons you think. Don't presume to know the relationship between Valhalla and our allies." line. Not that it's ever stopped anyone from making assumptions about what others are doing. That's why we're all here, right?
[/quote]
Only the same nerve everyone's been hitting with Valhalla for weeks. Nobody likes to be told "your alliance is doing X because of Y" by people who have no idea.

I hope you understand I'm not going to break opsec as far as who is/isn't going to do what.

I won't comment on the ML thing either as I don't completely know the circumstances as far as their entry.

You personally may not have, but it has been a popular refrain from Valhalla. That's an observation, not an assumption. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing y'all for using that line... Like I said, none of us like to be told why our alliance is doing something by people who have no idea.

-Bama

[/quote]

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about, and the amount of ignorance toward topics you claim to know so much about is astounding to say the least.

I am not sure how much easier to spell this out for you but lets try this. When NPO got hit we went to ALL of our allies and explained to them we would be entering in their defense as is standard practice in these situations. All allies were told their help would be appreciated should we be countered, but we would in no shape or form try to force anyone into a war they did not want to enter. And guess what...that was all it took. There was no arm twisting, no coercing, no evil mind implants in the dark to get them to swear allegiance to big brother. They agreed to help because we hold long term bonds with these alliances and as shocking as this may be to you, they are our friends, we are honored to call them allies, and we show them the respect that comes with that. They did not need to see a map of the treaty web, run numbers for sides, or have a some back room pow wow to decide who they were fighting for, the same way they know that TPF would not need to see those things either if any of them came under duress in the future.. This does not make them mindless, this does not mean that TPF is somehow pulling their strings, or any other drivel that is in your post, and if you can't understand that then honestly I have no idea how you define friendships in this realm.

Edited by The Crimson King

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1296795672' post='2618899']
!@#$, the OWF is exceptionally low on the IQ scale tonight. Acknowledgement of a state of war =/= anger, badness, tears, or anything else similar.
[/quote]

I just.. I just cant wrap my head around this. You tell me the IQ scale on the OWF is low and make a completely irrelevant statement based on nothing i have said.. I think you must be slow.. are you new here?

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1297185686' post='2625819']
I just.. I just cant wrap my head around this. You tell me the IQ scale on the OWF is low and make a completely irrelevant statement based on nothing i have said.. I think you must be slow.. are you new here?
[/quote]

If my post wasn't made 5 days ago, I'd be able to give you a better description of the point I was trying to get across. From memory, I think your post was the last of many that were showing me the stupidity of the OWF. What was stupid about your post was that no one in Umbrella had a problem with ML attacking us no-cb, so it was very dimwitted to try to make the point that it's "okay for us to do it but not okay for them to." I don't blame you for repeating these words, you were just following along with the bandwagon, nbd.

In regards to being new here, no. I am generally used to the stupidity revolving around these boards, the specific night that I made that comment (many nights ago, I might remind you), the stupidity level seemed to be of a bit more treacherous of a level. So next time, perhaps respond to a quoted post before 170 hours has passed.