Announcement from Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom

Natan

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to thank ML for helping out TPF, and more specifically OD45Glock & Colonel Buno for joining in on the MK/Umbrella nations who attacked me. I know we were only in it a day together but rest assured, when I come out of anarchy the favor will be repaid in kind.

All this talk of rogues an DoWs is odd. I was fairly sure that when I declared on my GOONS there would be some sort of retaliation. I guess that there were no GOONS nations in the 98K range, so Umbrella and MK were used to bail them out. Not really surprising.

EDIT: TFG explained it, nevermind.

EDIT 2.0: Skoal & JG, much thanks as well.

Edited by JBone

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1296790414' post='2618686']
So now that ML is in the war will Valhalla continue to hide while ML burns. (yay Duckroll?)

Not that that would be a dick move or anything.
[/quote]

I think TFG has answered that look for his post.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296791082' post='2618728']
Hm good to know, thanks. That appears to fly in the face of the whole Duckroll agreement, but I guess that's between them and ML.
[/quote]

In a group that has no binding clauses full agreement from all signatories is required to

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296791325' post='2618744']
Right, you have [i]no idea[/i] TPF is tied to Duckroll and TOOL
[/quote]

You are only tied to Duckroll if we all agree you are tied to Duckroll, clearly this is not the case.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296792946' post='2618818']
Good to see who Duckroll's lining up with these days.

Apparently the dislike of an alliance far outweighs their commitment to their allies.
[/quote]

You have no idea what your talking about, you never have and probably never will, do continue to swallow flawed observations digest them and desecrate all over reality it is all you have ever been good at.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296793638' post='2618852']
So Duckroll I hear that you all are one military unit. Apparently only when you want it to be though.
[/quote]

Of course we are a military unit when we want to be, there are no binding clauses in the Duckroll agreement for the exact reason that when we roll we do so because we are all in agreement that it is the best course of action. It is why we are very careful to discuss situations exactly like this before they happen and why we ALL agreed on a course of action prior to you and others poking your ugly ignorant noses in.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296823008' post='2619179']
ML played with hardballs, so Umb and MK responded with full force. ML has bigger balls then then other members of the so called NPO coalition, they attacked who attacked their ally, they don't whine on the forums, they fight instead, so hail ML. Some alliances could take lesson from them. And i think they expected that MK+Umb will counter them (as normally alliances attack back if someone commit an act of agression against them) so i see no problem here, just 3 good alliances fighting.
[/quote]

Some sense in the madness. Kudos.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296827442' post='2619211']
Are you serious? The sentence before that states that Duckroll's military units "are one." The text repeatedly indicates that the reason there are no specific imperatives is because you're "beyond that" and it's understood that you act as one.

Obviously I'm not in the [s]bloc[/s] ODP grouping, so maybe there's some completely different understanding of what that means. But you can hardly fault people for getting confused when your treaty has no specific defense clauses but reads like a merger on the military level.
[/quote]

It wasn't written for you and we don't care if you find the wording ambiguous or confusing in fact we giggle with glee, those who are apart of the agreement know exactly what it means to be apart of the Duckroll and that is good enough for me and my fellow Duckrollians.

[quote name='Shayne Rivai' timestamp='1296841331' post='2619377']
Oh, really? Thanks, bro. I was unaware that you were a member of Duckroll and not only that, but with government access. Would you mind telling me when the next food drive starts? I wasn't at the last DR meeting and I really want to get rid of all this [i]BOLOGNA[/i] that you are dishing out -- I don't need it.

(Apologies for the double notification. We had some communications issues during the transmission.)
[/quote]

It seems you are also unaware who TFG is, take it easy fella ;)

Split some heads ML. :nuke:

Edited by MCRABT

[quote name='Roosterton' timestamp='1296836019' post='2619312']
Let's recap: D43th ... was trying to have an intelligent discussion. [/quote]
D34th's generic argument: "MK, you are hypocrites."

Now, an intelligent discussion would generally have [i]something[/i] to do with the situation at hand, however Mr D34th has yet again failed to read the situation and failed to respond to our points. Instead he has tried to interpret the situation to accuse us of being hypocrites (which, as has been pointed out extensively to him, there is no basis for), pointing to his sigs (which have no relevance). Unless 'posting' is considered 'intelligent' (it isn't) then I hardly see how that can be the case.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1296838114' post='2619340']
[i]"We're absolutely terrified that these Pacifican folks are gonna rise up and destroy us in the near future so we're going to batter them down now while we have a chance."

[/i]That is pretty much the only justification they gave in the DoW. Look at it man, it's worse than the one your own alliance gave just under a year ago.

As for this acknowledgement of Molon Labe's attacks..bleh, give 'em Hell Molon Labe. Give them all of Hell.
[/quote]
Firstly, it's great that you're pointing out your strawmen using italics, but it's really not necessary because we've come to expect this from you by now anyway. Secondly, a "CB" is a reason for a war. We had our reason and we went with it. There is nothing 'wrong' with a CB as it's an objective term for your reason for fighting.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1296853397' post='2619499']It wasn't written for you and we don't care if you find the wording ambiguous or confusing in fact we giggle with glee, those who are apart of the agreement know exactly what it means to be apart of the Duckroll and that is good enough for me and my fellow Duckrollians.
[/quote]

I don't like "Duckrollians," howabout we use "Duckites" instead. Duckaholics? Duckmen?

It should also be noted, that if a member of the peanut gallery were to figure out the workings of the DuckRoll Project, we'd likely just decide to change it out of spite.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1296846715' post='2619433']
That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. I'm not sure what reason IRON would have to put TOP in that sort of position, considering not only that IRON and TOP are close friends but that an MDoAP outranks the Duckroll treaty, but um ... okay.
[/quote]

Its just an observation from one person. The official stance isn't really a secret or anything.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1296854282' post='2619506']
I don't like "Duckrollians," howabout we use "Duckites" instead. Duckaholics? Duckmen?

It should also be noted, that if a member of the peanut gallery were to figure out the workings of the DuckRoll Project, we'd likely just decide to change it out of spite.
[/quote]

I thought Duckrollians had a good ring to it :(

I can go with Duckmen though :war:

I got to page 12 before being overwealmed by the DERP.

How are people arguing this? MK went to war in a limited capacity to the people attacking GOONS. ML went to war in a limited capicity to the people in MK. MK posted a recognition of war with ML. Everyone screams "why don't you post a formal declaration against TPF/whoever if you're going to post one against ML?, DOUBLE STANDARD HERP DERP"

What exactly is stopping TPF/NSO/Legion from posting a recognition of war with MK/Umbrella? A recongnition of war is simply a recognition that you're being attacked, they are more than free to post it and let their treaties activate. Go ahead and do it, it's not a big deal, no one will complain about it. Don't come in here and cry for pages while making stupid arguments. It seem like everyone is being purposly obtuse here and it's annoying.

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296853978' post='2619503']

Now, an intelligent discussion would generally have [i]something[/i] to do with the situation at hand, however Mr D34th has yet again failed to read the situation and failed to respond to our points. Instead he has tried to interpret the situation to accuse us of being hypocrites (which, as has been pointed out extensively to him, there is no basis for), pointing to his sigs (which have no relevance). Unless 'posting' is considered 'intelligent' (it isn't) then I hardly see how that can be the case.
[/quote]

It's a hell of a lot better than posting generic memes. And just like your alliance is saying that, in their opinion, they have a perfectly valid CB, can't I say that my support of what D34th was saying is an opinion? Or are only the almighty Doomhouse allowed to hold opinions now?

At least the old NPO wasn't deluded into thinking that they could convince everyone to love them.

[quote]Molon Labe's government has both participated in these attacks and made clear in negotiations that they do not consider these to be rogue attacks any more than we consider our own members who are defending GOONS to be rogues. As such, we are currently facing alliance sanctioned declarations against us as part of Molon Labe fulfilling it's treaty obligations to TPF. This is known as an alliance war, and to avoid any further confusion on this front, we are officially recognizing the state of war that currently exists between ourselves and Molon Labe.[/quote]

[i]We are at war! War in response to an alliance attacking our ally! Allies who get attacked by enemies call on us for help, and we answer the call by declaring on the enemy! This is alliance war! An alliance at war describes us! You won't get away with this, Mooolooon Jojo![/i]

;>_> That's how I read this part in my mind.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1296854282' post='2619506']

[/quote]
I prefer "bad-ass mutha duckaz"

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1296788344' post='2618569']
What a dumbspasm from ML. At least we get some action!
[/quote]

You guys are going to be jerks regardless.

If an alliance defends it's treaty partners, you !@#$%* and cry. If they don't, you !@#$%* and cry. It doesn't matter, you're going to !@#$%* and cry either way.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1296789316' post='2618626']
Melon Lube had nothing to do with the war but decided to attack "rogues" on our AA to assist TPF. This is merely a recognition of hostilities, they initiated the attacks against us.[/quote]

And you initiated the attacks against TPF, Molon Labe's treaty partner. Molon Labe then responded as per their treaty.

You didn't bother with a DoW on TPF, why should Molon Labe be required to give you one?

And this "They initiated attacks" stuff is pure spin with no relation to reality. You were attacking their treaty partner, which means you initiated the conflict.

[quote name='Roosterton' timestamp='1296862108' post='2619611']
It's a hell of a lot better than posting generic memes. And just like your alliance is saying that, in their opinion, they have a perfectly valid CB, can't I say that my support of what D34th was saying is an opinion? Or are only the almighty Doomhouse allowed to hold opinions now?

At least the old NPO wasn't deluded into thinking that they could convince everyone to love them.
[/quote]
Oh, so repeatedly saying "MK are hypocrites" in literally every situation regardless of context is fine, but saying (according to your definition) ~generic memes~ is wrong? This feels so, wait for it, [i]hypocritical[/i]. As for your "oh no I can't have an opinion," read my earlier posts again. I said a CB is an objective term for a "reason for a war." A CB is always valid, you cannot hold an opinion on how valid a CB is. The fact there is a war confirms the validity of the CB as the only invalid CB is one that doesn't result in a war.

Final two sentences make very little sense and seem to be going for the melodramatic angle rather than the 'content' angle. I'm not really too sure what you're trying to achieve there.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296865190' post='2619659']
Oh, so repeatedly saying "MK are hypocrites" in literally every situation regardless of context is fine, but saying (according to your definition) ~generic memes~ is wrong? This feels so, wait for it, [i]hypocritical[/i]. As for your "oh no I can't have an opinion," read my earlier posts again. I said a CB is an objective term for a "reason for a war." A CB is always valid, you cannot hold an opinion on how valid a CB is. The fact there is a war confirms the validity of the CB as the only invalid CB is one that doesn't result in a war.

Final two sentences make very little sense and seem to be going for the melodramatic angle rather than the 'content' angle. I'm not really too sure what you're trying to achieve there.
[/quote]

Yes, it is wrong. Because posting "MK is hypocrites" actually has something to do with the situation at hand, and a reasonable related response can be made to it. Accusing someone of "tears" is an uncreative meme which has been around for at least two years.

Yes, I can hold an opinion on how valid a CB is. Your CB is !@#$%^&*. There, I just had an opinion on it. You might still go to war anyway, but I still think it's !@#$%^&*.

The reason for my last two sentences were in relation to the "You can't hold an opinion, we're better than you" part. The old NPO didn't seem to care so much about this, and it was pretty well known that lots of people hated them. But you don't even seem to be willing to accept that, now that it applies in a similar sense to you.

Edited by Roosterton

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296863156' post='2619625']
The thing we care about is ML trying to tell us that our members are rogues. That's for us to decide and all attacks on TPF were sanctioned.
[/quote]
I'd like to echo this point. My disdain for Molon Labe set aside, I don't begrudge them moving to assist those they consider good friends in a trying hour. I do begrudge them doing it in the silliest, most obtuse manner possible. I mean really, when somebody says "X actions are sanctioned and supported by us", you don't respond "no they aren't, they're rogues."

Though, every time I read back over those logs I laugh a little harder.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296865190' post='2619659']

[/quote]

Typically, a lot of people will point out that "MK are hypocrites" when MK more or less acts like blatant hypocrites. That's just reaping what you've sewn.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296853978' post='2619503']

[/quote]

Attacking my character wont make your alliance become less hypocritical Bansky, not matter how hard MK try, I'm not the kind of person who you are used to deal with, I'll not break or give up, neither I'll become desperate just because you hate me or because your alliance think that I'm a terrible poster, quite the contrary, every time I see an MK member saying how I'm a terrible poster and how much they hate me this just makes me be sure that I'm doing it right, MK are made of a bunch of sensitive people who cannot handle critics and you people think that everyone is like you, but you're wrong. So if you want to see me stop to repeat [i]ad nausea[/i]m that you're a bunch of hypocrites, start to act accordingly because just deny in every post what is the blatantly truth won't work.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1296872598' post='2619742']
Typically, a lot of people will point out that "MK are hypocrites" when MK more or less acts like blatant hypocrites. That's just reaping what you've sewn.
[/quote]
Any yet "these people" are unable to point out how we are hypocrites.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296876648' post='2619793']
Attacking my character wont make your alliance become less hypocritical Bansky, not matter how hard MK try, I'm not the kind of person who you are used to deal with, I'll not break or give up, neither I'll become desperate just because you hate me or because your alliance think that I'm a terrible poster, quite the contrary, every time I see an MK member saying how I'm a terrible poster and how much they hate me this just makes me be sure that I'm doing it right, MK are made of a bunch of sensitive people who cannot handle critics and you people think that everyone is like you, but you're wrong. So if you want to see me stop to repeat [i]ad nausea[/i]m that you're a bunch of hypocrites, start to act accordingly because just deny in every post what is the blatantly truth won't work.
[/quote]
Um, where do I attack your character? I say your arguments are stupid. Unless your character and "calling MK hypocrites in every situation" are entwined then I fail to see how I am attacking your character.