Announcement from Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom

Natan

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296800206' post='2618995']
We don't consider the pathetic assortment of refuse you claim is an alliance as actually being one. I assume you're having difficulty understanding the simplicity of that.
[/quote]How much more arrogant can a group get? You attack alliances with no coherent CB, launch wars against an alliance with no DoW, and refuse to recognize alliances with over 120 members as an actual alliance? Somehow you are still able to claim just a few days ago that this group of " pathetic assortment of refuse" was such an imminent threat that we all needed to be taken out.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1296800581' post='2619005']
How much more arrogant can a group get? You attack alliances with no coherent CB, launch wars against an alliance with no DoW, and refuse to recognize alliances with over 120 members as an actual alliance? Somehow you are still able to claim just a few days ago that this group of " pathetic assortment of refuse" was such an imminent threat that we all needed to be taken out.
[/quote]

Heh. Practice crying that to your garbageman when he takes your trash to the dump buddy.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1296798869' post='2618966']
What about, MK declaring some wars without bothering with a DoW because they don't feel the need, while ML does the same thing except makes up ridiculous stories as to why they're doing it instead of just explaining what they're doing plainly? I believe your post covered that their actions were about the same (declaring some wars to defend an ally without posting an official DoW), but did you factor in that MK/Umb were just doing straightforward business while ML tried to decide that the people they're hitting are rogues and that they're technically not engaging in an alliance war?
[/quote]

I was responding to the poor attempts being made at labeling ML cowards. Both aa's may have had their reasons for doing what they did but neither had anything to do with cowardice. And if you think ML would try to hide from someone's tough friends, then clearly you do not know the first thing about them.

Now in regards to what you are saying here, the primary issue here MK/Umb were not "going about straightforward business". In fact had they done that, they would have posted a DoW when they decided to declare war on TPF, and guess what...this thread would not exist.

So if MK gets to rewrite what is a pretty agreed upon and standard rule (actually posting a DoW when you go to war) and make a new definition of what is required for this to happen that apparently applies only to them, how is it that they also get to dictate how another AA is then able to view the actions and responses of this new trail they have decided to blaze?

If MK can decide what they feel constitutes a reason for a DoW (and if i am understanding you correctly you feel they have every right to do so), then ML can surely have the same right to decide what they consider as a rogue action, especially given that this is "new ground" we are treading here. If you are going to argue that MK has the right to dictate the final say on ML's definition of a rogue, they you also must agree that TPF would therefore have the final say on what definition and standards MK must use to declare war. Again this is not much different than the coward/no coward argument above.

Once again I will point out that the disconnect from standard procedure here did not start with ML. Had it been followed from the beginning we would not be having this conversation.

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296800860' post='2619013']
I was responding to the poor attempts being made at labeling ML cowards. Both aa's may have had their reasons for doing what they did but neither had anything to do with cowardice. And if you think ML would try to hide from someone's tough friends, then clearly you do not know the first thing about them.

Now in regards to what you are saying here, the primary issue here MK/Umb were not "going about straightforward business". In fact had they done that, they would have posted a DoW when they decided to declare war on TPF, and guess what...this thread would not exist.

So if MK gets to rewrite what is a pretty agreed upon and standard rule (actually posting a DoW when you go to war) and make a new definition of what is required for this to happen that apparently applies only to them, how is it that they also get to dictate how another AA is then able to view the actions and responses of this new trail they have decided to blaze?

If MK can decide what they feel constitutes a reason for a DoW (and if i am understanding you correctly you feel they have every right to do so), then ML can surely have the same right to decide what they consider as a rogue action, especially given that this is "new ground" we are treading here. If you are going to argue that MK has the right to dictate the final say on ML's definition of a rogue, they you also must agree that TPF would therefore have the final say on what definition and standards MK must use to declare war. Again this is not much different than the coward/no coward argument above.

Once again I will point out that the disconnect from standard procedure here did not start with ML. Had it been followed from the beginning we would not be having this conversation.
[/quote]

The honest truth, my good sir, is that MK is going paperless.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296800206' post='2618995']
We don't consider the pathetic assortment of refuse you claim is an alliance as actually being one. I assume you're having difficulty understanding the simplicity of that.
[/quote]

When all other arguments break down, the mighty NO U shall surely sweep in and save the day....

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296800675' post='2619009']
Heh. Practice crying that to your garbageman when he takes your trash to the dump buddy.
[/quote]
An excellent refute to the points raised.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1296800957' post='2619015']
I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised.
[/quote]
You mean this isn't some poorly veiled attempt by Doomhouse to drag yet another uninvolved alliance into the war?

If that's the case, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But considering you all hit NPO for no reason other than to drag them in, I have to say I'm leaning more towards not being surprised.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296800860' post='2619013']

[/quote]

If you actually understood my post, I wasn't calling ML cowards but mocking the absurdity that throughout this whole war your side has tried to affix that label to everything that MK and friends do. I didn't really expect someone who thinks TPF is a good alliance to get it though.

I guess you got what you wanted ML? This is pretty funny.

EDIT: Also ML if you wanted a piece you could have actually just told us you would attack us instead of taking such an idiotic stance of "these are rogues so we still aren't at war".

Edited by Matthew Conrad

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1296799443' post='2618982']
Really? Who told you that? We're far more interested in watching NpO crumble. Speaking of which, congrats to NpO for reaching the 50% mark of your pre-war NS.
[/quote]
I have already said I mistyped.

Open and shut case.

Good luck, Umbrella and MK.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1296801253' post='2619025']
You mean this isn't some poorly veiled attempt by Doomhouse to drag yet another uninvolved alliance into the war?

If that's the case, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But considering you all hit NPO for no reason other than to drag them in, I have to say I'm leaning more towards not being surprised.
[/quote]

ML drew themselves in tbqh.

If they wanted to stay out, they probably shouldn't have started attacking MK and Umbrella nations.

Or you know, not tried to insist they were rogues despite being repeatedly told that a state of war existed between Umb/MK and TPF... and thus... that they were [i]not[/i] rogue attacks.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296800675' post='2619009']
[/quote]
My guess is.. MK has plenty of garbage based solely on the amount of it coming out of your mouth on a continuous basis... *DC Hands CG a gallon of mouth wash and a tooth brush for good measure* Copious amounts of vile has been spotted on the shores of the kingdom.. Should we send in a team of hazmat workers to clean up your infestation?
[img]http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/6a00d8341dirty_mouth.gif?w=200&h=148[/img]

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1296801072' post='2619018']
The honest truth, my good sir, is that MK is going paperless.
[/quote]
Paperless, as well as perhaps without decorum and proper war edicate... :rolleyes:

I said this is what would happen when the Kindergardeners took over the playground.. Immature and bratty are the newest bullies of BOB... Perhaps a Playground teacher should put them in timeout? :ehm:

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296801313' post='2619027']
I'm glad you actually understood my post, I was mocking the absurdity that throughout this whole war our side has hopelessly tried to defend everything that MK and friends do. I really expect someone who KNOWS TPF is a good alliance to get it though.[/quote]

I'm glad you pointed this out.. Takes a real man to admit the truth of such things...

What?..

That wasn't what you said???

I take it all back then... You are exactly as I misquoted you saying..

:smug: '

See.. 2 can play this game... I just had to remove the 1 from in front of my IQ and get as close to your level of argument as possible.. damn.. still 44 points too high.. perhaps a few more pints of Ale?

ML.. Thank you for being there.. but really.. following MK and Friends' lead in DOWs?? :P

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296795261' post='2618891']
pssh I know right. But they don't have to burn for me, I have reason to expect them to. But I assume they do love ML and their other allies in this fight that they are just letting burn for this grudge of theirs.
[/quote]

You do realize there are allies on the other side too? Its obviously not a situation we'd prefer to be in.

As for the rest of the post...
[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1287974975' post='2492478']
Don't get mad, get even. I know I have done so and it feels rather good. When you set out to cripple Polaris, you created a memory. Such memory was bound to surface at the most inconvenient time.

There is no forgiveness, only war.
[/quote]
:smug: Tho, truth is we havent done anything to Polaris.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1296801253' post='2619025']
[/quote]

I know you're at least semi-literate, so here, let me help you answer this one:

[quote]Molon Labe nations have been attacking nations within Umbrella and Mushroom Kingdom who were engaging The Phoenix Federation. Over the last day, they have branched out into attacking non-engaged nations as well. This, by any standard, is an attack on Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom and by itself warrants a full retaliation.[/quote]

Read it as many times as you need to.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296801313' post='2619027']
If you actually understood my post, I wasn't calling ML cowards but mocking the absurdity that throughout this whole war your side has tried to affix that label to everything that MK and friends do. I didn't really expect someone who thinks TPF is a good alliance to get it though.
[/quote]

If you actually understood either the post you responded to or the one I followed up with you would see that the point was being made that calling either ML or MK cowards for not posting DoW's is basically ridiculous. This was in direct response to MK members calling out ML for being cowards for doing the exact same thing that MK did. Thus why we are having this stimulating conversation. Luckily you did at least once again save a deft and skillful wielding of the deadly NO U for the end of your post, so we do have that to be thankful for.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1296798651' post='2618958']
I'm pretty sure the entire problem was having no CB besides "We don't like the hurr.".
[/quote]
* And this is related to cowardice because X

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296799181' post='2618976']
And I specifically asked you for the requirements that must be met to have a formal DoW posted by MK when they decide to declare on someone. You have said such things as our pm count caused us to not meet these requirements, so therefore such requirements clearly exist (or you are making !@#$ up as you go which surely cannot be the case). I can only assume you are having difficulty understanding the simplicity of my request for information.
[/quote]
No, I said your peacemode was a factor in us barely launching any wars on you, hence there being no need for a DoW. You should try reading people's posts and stop trying to use them to fit your own little world.

By the way, I just would like to say that these actions of ML prove to me once again why ML is such an awesome alliance. We've known this basically since we fought them during Karma, and even through rough times they come through for their long-time allies in TPF once again. Great show ML.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1296806001' post='2619068']
By the way, I just would like to say that these actions of ML prove to me once again why ML is such an awesome alliance. We've known this basically since we fought them during Karma, and even through rough times they come through for their long-time allies in TPF once again. Great show ML.
[/quote]

And if ML were on the other side, you'd find ways to decry their actions. The degree to which your alliance's opinions and voices have been fairweather is hilarious to me.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1296808142' post='2619093']
And if ML were on the other side, you'd find ways to decry their actions. The degree to which your alliance's opinions and voices have been fairweather is hilarious to me.
[/quote]
In all honesty most people here do that.