The Opening of Pandora's Box

Monster

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1287214833' post='2485780']
Also, why the hell is this being discussed [i]AGAIN[/i]? We've already explained this...back when it occurred several months ago.
[/quote]
Because Beefspari asked for examples of members of Pandora's Box getting into wars for extremely dubious reasons. You would know this if you had read what I was replying to. Here is the quoted post, again.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1287161937' post='2485298']
[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1287155790' post='2485265']
Considering that many members of Pandora's Box and their allies are tech raiders and some of them have a record of declaring war on alliances for extremely dubious reasons, I don't see this bloc bringing in a period of peace.
[/quote]
Do you have any examples of this? I can't think of any in recent memory. As I said a few pages ago, it's usually our enemies that do this sort of thing.
[/quote]
Most people would say declaring war on your own protectorate because one nation went rogue from it is a dubious reason.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287228984' post='2485819']
Most people would say declaring war on your own protectorate because one nation went rogue from it is a dubious reason.
[/quote]
It may well be, but since that isn't what happened I don't really see the relevance of your comment.

[/quote]
I know you like to make entirely ignorant statements that fly directly in the face of reality, but christ, the facts regarding what actually occurred in that situation is only a mouse scroll away. Exactly who do you think you're persuading?

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1287230822' post='2485824']
I know you like to make entirely ignorant statements that fly directly in the face of reality, but christ, the facts regarding what actually occurred in that situation is only a mouse scroll away. Exactly who do you think you're persuading?
[/quote]

He's persuading himself maybe.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1287230822' post='2485824']
I know you like to make entirely ignorant statements that fly directly in the face of reality, but christ, the facts regarding what actually occurred in that situation is only a mouse scroll away.
[/quote]

If he ignores the facts and claims that that war was dubious with enough frequency, then dubious it surely was!

[quote name='Sooner' timestamp='1287247415' post='2485945']
If there is so much concern that PB is going to squash any uprising, why don't those concerned actually do something other than moan about it like cats in heat?
[/quote]

Self fulfilling prophecy, they fear us so much they get together a group to try and take us down, so we wipe the floor with them then they cry about how we're evil for imposing reps on people who attacked us.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1287260970' post='2486017']
Self fulfilling prophecy, they fear us so much they get together a group to try and take us down, so we wipe the floor with them then they cry about how we're evil for imposing reps on people who attacked us.
[/quote]

I'm not too sure. The real horsepower in this bloc comes form three of it's members. Umbrella, Fok and PC. GOONS haven't so far been very interested in being a major war threat. iFok is alright and all, but they're still basically Foks little brother and VE while being large enough, is like most larger alliances - not all that strong in any one range to be difficult to handle.

Not that Umbrella, Fok and PC couldn't be something for the average citizen to fear mind you, but so far they haven't given anyone a reason to.

Edited by Roadie

[/quote]
You guys certainly seem to have gotten pretty high on yourselves rather quickly. I understand that being the new big bloc on the block can be an exciting and challenging thing. Just don't let it all get to your head.

[quote name='Sooner' timestamp='1287247415' post='2485945']
If there is so much concern that PB is going to squash any uprising, why don't those concerned actually do something other than moan about it like cats in heat?
[/quote]

Running with the GOONS lines now?

[/quote]

Well see...we fought that war already and it got really bad reviews. Try again.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1287270654' post='2486092']
I'm not too sure. The real horsepower in this bloc comes form three of it's members. Umbrella, Fok and PC. GOONS haven't so far been very interested in being a major war threat. iFok is alright and all, but they're still basically Foks little brother and VE while being large enough, is like most larger alliances - not all that strong in any one range to be difficult to handle.

Not that Umbrella, Fok and PC couldn't be something for the average citizen to fear mind you, but so far they haven't given anyone a reason to.
[/quote]

We're FOKs older brother...

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1287281608' post='2486163']
You guys certainly seem to have gotten pretty high on yourselves rather quickly. I understand that being the new big bloc on the block can be an exciting and challenging thing. Just don't let it all get to your head.
[/quote]

I don't get it... whats there not to get to our head...? and how are we getting high on ourselves? :huh:

Edited by Emperor Brutus

[b]You would know this if you had read[/b]

[b]war on your own protectorate[/b]
[/quote]

What's amazing to me is that you feel absolutely comfortable with turning a blind eye to your own hypocrisy. It's obvious to the rest of us...what makes you think it's a good tactic? Several people already nailed you for it before me, so I'll just leave it at that.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1287281608' post='2486163']
You guys certainly seem to have gotten pretty high on yourselves rather quickly. I understand that being the new big bloc on the block can be an exciting and challenging thing. [b]Just don't let it all get to your head.[/b]
[/quote]
Too late, I already have an internet boner over this bloc.

[quote name='Emperor Brutus' timestamp='1287287011' post='2486204']
I don't get it... whats there not to get to our head...? and how are we getting high on ourselves? :huh:
[/quote]
I was actually referring to VE in that case. You guys have always been somewhat full of yourselves. That's not an insult mind you. I'm sure you'd agree. I've just always seen VE as a more moderate and humble people. And maybe that's just my perception, but my perception is certainly changing.

The whole "everyone is scared of us" notion, which I doubt is limited to just one member, indicates that you think very highly of yourselves and your place in the world when really, as has been stated before, this bloc doesn't change a whole lot considering most of these alliances were aligned rather closely beforehand.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1287302099' post='2486282']
I was actually referring to VE in that case. You guys have always been somewhat full of yourselves. That's not an insult mind you. I'm sure you'd agree. I've just always seen VE as a more moderate and humble people. And maybe that's just my perception, but my perception is certainly changing.

The whole "everyone is scared of us" notion, [b]which is doubt is limited to just one member[/b], indicates that you think very highly of yourselves and your place in the world when really, as has been stated before, this bloc doesn't change a whole lot considering most of these alliances were aligned rather closely beforehand.
[/quote]

Substantive issues aside, the bold portion is an interesting thing to assume considering your basing your new found opinion literally off the post of one random member. Should I, in turn, assume that NoR is myopic as an alliance?

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1287305522' post='2486290']
Substantive issues aside, the bold portion is an interesting thing to assume considering your basing your new found opinion literally off the post of one random member. Should I, in turn, assume that NoR is myopic as an alliance?
[/quote]
I said I doubt that it is limited to the one member. Obviously I can't be certain of that. But given the tone of this and the other thread dedicated to PB, I feel it a safe assumption. In addition, the responses in the two threads and general outcry indicate a certain level of uncertainty towards the bloc if not genuine fear. I was simply pointing out a personal observation of a perceived attitude from the members of this new bloc.

I think you're getting a bit more defensive than warranted. But seeing as you are a high ranking government member, if you believe that my assumption is false, I would certainly highly value your assessment. I certainly did not intend to offend.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1287302099' post='2486282']
The whole "everyone is scared of us" notion, which I doubt is limited to just one member, indicates that you think very highly of yourselves and your place in the world when really, as has been stated before, this bloc doesn't change a whole lot considering most of these alliances were aligned rather closely beforehand.
[/quote]
Perhaps this is being fed by all of the ridiculous paranoia about GOONS taking over CN and destroying everybody. There are far more remarks about how dangerous this bloc is coming from outside than there are from inside.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1287318932' post='2486335']
Perhaps this is being fed by all of the ridiculous paranoia about GOONS taking over CN and destroying everybody. There are far more remarks about how dangerous this bloc is coming from outside than there are from inside.
[/quote]

Right I was just going to come in an mention something like this. There are two massive threads about this bloc in addition to a thread dedicated to VE in which people are exclaiming their fears or dissatisfaction or whatever they are doing. Do you (the people doing the squawking) believe that you are somehow shaming these alliances? I'm willing to bet you are doing the exact opposite and feeding ego and pride, with all the talk about how destructive and powerful they are. From what I can see, all your efforts thus far are working against you.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1287318932' post='2486335']
[/quote]
You're probably right too. But to feed into the hype and paranoia too much is to do yourself and your allies a disservice.