The Opening of Pandora's Box

Monster

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1287432765' post='2487125']
I wish people would decide whether this bloc will rip through CN disbanding alliances willy-nilly or whether it will stagnate the game by doing nothing.
[/quote]
Both, and we'll be evil for both at once.

I wish people would decide whether this bloc will rip through CN disbanding alliances willy-nilly or whether it will stagnate the game by doing nothing.
[/quote]

Either way, those not in power will complain.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1287402884' post='2486989']
You say that like its a bad thing. Is not the goal of those in power to remain in power?
[/quote]
I agree, with the small caveat that having the power should go hand in hand with using it.

It would be great if this bloc would rip through the Cyberverse or goad the opposition into definitive action but the realistic approach is that this will just lead to more of the same. All the complaining and commentary here aside, this does nothing to upset the status quo and unless either the bloc decides to utilize its power forcefully, prompting military response, or those threatened by its existence attempt to curb its power through the same military response nothing will change except that those with the guns will just have a couple more to point with while they shout edicts to the cowardly masses.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1287302099' post='2486282']
I was actually referring to VE in that case. You guys have always been somewhat full of yourselves. That's not an insult mind you. I'm sure you'd agree. I've just always seen VE as a more moderate and humble people. And maybe that's just my perception, but my perception is certainly changing.

The whole "everyone is scared of us" notion, which I doubt is limited to just one member, indicates that you think very highly of yourselves and your place in the world when really, as has been stated before, this bloc doesn't change a whole lot considering most of these alliances were aligned rather closely beforehand.
[/quote]
Just a high from an important treaty signing. No worries. At the very least, I have enough ex-FCC in me to be properly paranoid of everything

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1287482266' post='2487604']
Nothing says [i]good gameply[/i] like a [b]new treaty[/b], am I right?

So yeah, congratulations on giving the treaty web more congestion!
[/quote]

I'm sure we covered this already, try reading the topic.

Sorry I should have elaborated more.

Answer this question please.

Who out of this block were ALREADY tied to each other before this block was formed?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1287482266' post='2487604']
Nothing says [i]good gameply[/i] like a [b]new treaty[/b], am I right?

So yeah, congratulations on giving the treaty web more congestion!
[/quote]

A lecture in treaty web congestion from someone in the NpO? Surely not :v:

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1287402884' post='2486989']
You say that like its a bad thing. Is not the goal of those in power to remain in power?

Oh wait, that's right. You aren't a part of it, so of course its the end of the world for you.
[/quote]
No, I'm not arguing it's right or wrong. Just arguing that's what you're doing, so stop trying to pretend you're trying to shake things up.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287496799' post='2487673']
No, I'm not arguing it's right or wrong. Just arguing that's what you're doing, so stop trying to pretend you're trying to shake things up.
[/quote]When did we started to pretend anything? It's generally been your side's choise of profession.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1287487533' post='2487623']
I'm sure we covered this already, try reading the topic.

Sorry I should have elaborated more.

Answer this question please.

Who out of this block were ALREADY tied to each other before this block was formed?
[/quote]
So then WHY form a bloc?

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I doubt I nor anyone else could say with any certainty what exactly this bloc will do. Ultimately, that is up to you. However, it is quite easy to deduce that it will do either one or the other, and I can quite easily say that neither outcome will be overly good for this world.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287513884' post='2487859']
[color="#0000FF"]I doubt I nor anyone else could say with any certainty what exactly this bloc will do. Ultimately, that is up to you. However, it is quite easy to deduce that it will do either one or the other, and I can quite easily say that neither outcome will be overly good for this world.[/color]
[/quote]
It's good to see that no matter what our actions actually are, they're wrong.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287522638' post='2487945']
Tying VE to PC is crucial. :v:
[/quote]

Members of VE apparently feel very tough now that they're in a bloc.

I guess they can only hope that if they decide to leave this one, the remaining members won't choose to stomp them soon afterwards.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287496799' post='2487673']
[/quote]

Uhh we aren't, I don't know where you got that idea. Maybe political ignorance? Inability to read a treaty web?

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1287513192' post='2487850']
So then WHY form a bloc?
[/quote]

Now that we have a solid tie to GOONS we need something to bribe them with every so often. It was determined that this was the best way to amass a stockpile of butthurt and tears since VE doesn't allow tech raiding.

Seems to be working pretty good so far, we had that whole WCE try to form up and kill the bloc before it was even announced.

Edited by TypoNinja