Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Reptyler' timestamp='1286566321' post='2479043']
Oh, so you were just joking? I get it.

"To err is human. To completely ignore, deflect, and to refuse to admit you have erred is Schattenman."
[/quote]
Ahaha, I completely forgot about this quote, but it's so appropriate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1286558083' post='2478933']
wait, the sides were even? but what about GOONS stating that the opposition was going to be crushed???? if the sides were even, then GOONS must be wrong....
[/quote]
*sign*. I need to stop posting in the OWF. Is everything just propaganda to you? I gave MY honest opinion. What does GOONS opinion have to do with my post? Besides all that you [b]completely[/b] missed the entire point of my post. Ugh. And it comes from someone I actually have respect for...as well as your alliance (IAA standing up for GATO during the 1V war).

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1286565193' post='2479025']
That's probably wrong to call BAPS a 'maybe' in the coalition, but if that conflict DID develop into a world-conflict, and all your allies in Valhalla, Invicta, Olympus and Nebula-X all joined/chained in on UPN's side... would you really be willing to become essentially what you hate about UPN and stay out? My guess is no.
[/quote]
Hypothetically, If our allies got sucked into any global war I presume we would defend them to the best of our ability. That is a far cry from what was insinuated.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1286559019' post='2478946']
Here's what they thought their side was:

[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> CoJ (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> Nemesis (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> NoR (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> NpO (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> LoSS(in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> IAA (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> GATO(maybe)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> NSO(in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> 64Digits (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> DT (In with NoR)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> Valhalla (Vote)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> UPN (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> Invictia(Vote)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> BAPS(Vote)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> OcUK (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> NV (Hold 4 MDoAPs..)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> AZTEC (If NV is in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> STA (in with NpO)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> Sparta (Vote)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> ODN (In with UPN)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> Asgaard (in)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> DarkFist (will defend Nemesis)
[19:46] <@Daggarz[Nemesis]> \m/ (votes so maybe)

So no, not even close to even.
[/quote]

Oh, I needed to vote?

My bad...(and I will just echo AE's sentiment. Anyone thinking I was going to burn in the trenches for UPN after they left us and purple out to dry is HIGHLY delusional...)

I think that Sard said "Here's what they [b]thought[/b] their side was:" on purpose. We already have some good information on a couple of those alliances that weren't particularly keen either. I believe the reason BAPS is on that list comes from:

[quote]
[20:54] <~Schattenmann> CoJ is not a democracy. If I say go we'll go when I say. Please say "Me" or something if you have to go get a vote for this plan
[20:55] <@Topgun{BAPS}> Me (vote of 3 including me)
[/quote]

Considering that was one of only 4 lines spoken by Topgun during the meeting, it doesn't really show even a moderate commitment, but it at least shows that, in a coalition heavily based on putting differences aside, they were willing to talk and/or listen about it (Or, 1/3 of the trium was).

Now it's been made quite clear that this is not the true reflection of the intention of BAPS, and I'm not trying to paint it as such. I just hope that people can realize why we thought it could have been a possibility (As well as any other alliances on that list that may be less committed than it indicates.)

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1286549988' post='2478849']

How is this unclear?
[/quote]

That image looks more like a joke with a subtle implied empty threat. Could also be interpreted as gay slur, but since I know you're not into the self loathing thing, I know that isn't true.

The Unjust Path rides again...now with more Dutch I guess. :rolleyes:

[/quote]
Now that's an interesting lineup.

So no, not even close to even.
[/quote]

I don't know how we in the NSO would be in this conflict unless if anyone had attacked STA or Invicta.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1286570848' post='2479090']
I think that Sard said "Here's what they [b]thought[/b] their side was:" on purpose. We already have some good information on a couple of those alliances that weren't particularly keen either. I believe the reason BAPS is on that list comes from:

[b]Considering that was one of only 4 lines spoken by Topgun during the meeting, it doesn't really show even a moderate commitment[/b], but it at least shows that, in a coalition heavily based on putting differences aside, they were willing to talk and/or listen about it (Or, 1/3 of the trium was).

Now it's been made quite clear that this is not the true reflection of the intention of BAPS, and I'm not trying to paint it as such. I just hope that people can realize why we thought it could have been a possibility (As well as any other alliances on that list that may be less committed than it indicates.)
[/quote]

BAPS's Presence was a moderating one, I was aware of the situation unfolding. I knew some people already in this Channel, I wanted to keep up to date with and make sure they knew our position. The only reason I was their was to be informed and keep an eye on BAPS as a whole. We wanted nothing to do with this war if it can to. If this Coalition were to have happened. I was voting no, Including the other two Triums. The Bolded part above explains how active I was thus proving me being their to make sure we were not dragged into this ridiculous situation.

[quote]they were willing to talk and/or listen about it (Or, 1/3 of the trium was).[/quote]

And again when you have people in talks about going to war, why wouldnt you want to be their to make sure you are not dragged in. I made it clear to everyone of BAPS's allies the distaste we had for this and we were not following anyone into this.

Edited by topgun0820

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1286573366' post='2479117']
The logs clearly show that it was Chron.
[/quote]
I wasnt there for the parts that are up now, though.

Although I wont deny that I saved some logs for sharing with privileged individuals.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1286582966' post='2479222']
I wasnt there for the parts that are up now, though.

Although I wont deny that I saved some logs for sharing with privileged individuals.
[/quote]
I'm no fan of the WCE, but I surely will not shed a tear when your nation burns.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1286585672' post='2479251']
I'm no fan of the WCE, but I surely will not shed a tear when your nation burns.
[/quote]
Nor shall I, but to be fair, you and I never have really gotten along to begin with.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1286560579' post='2478965']
UPN really and truly doesn't deserve ODN.

Seriously, how can an alliance that terrible luck into an ally willing to save them from their own idiocy?
[/quote]

This. My god, this. You rely on ODN for [b]everything[/b] UPN, and you have the !@#$@#$ audacity to try and force them into this farce of a crusade. I sincerely hope you burn for your lack of character all around.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1286588576' post='2479287']
This. My god, this. You rely on ODN for [b]everything[/b] UPN, and you have the !@#$@#$ audacity to try and force them into this farce of a crusade. I sincerely hope you burn for your lack of character all around.
[/quote]

I think its funny they went to the people they just finished cutting ties with for military help. That, and that they needed ODN to extract them from their own ridiculous mess. o7 UPN, doing it wrong never looked so fail.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1286588576' post='2479287']
[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that UPN manages the restroom themselves...with some coaching by ODN from the hallway. <_<