Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289072053' post='2504143']
Someone gave you those logdumps.

It's hard to come up with a more classic case of espionage than the transferring of logs of private government-level conversation.
[/quote]
Yes, but we certainly didn't plant people to leak the logs to us, they did it of their own accord. You know what they say, every alliance accepts information.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289063189' post='2504014']
Errr, you are aware that Schatt has posted that he was a double agent for GOONS from the time of the disbandment at least until joining Vox Populi, right?

It's hardly much of a stretch to imagine that he still is.
[/quote]
Ah, my mistake. He's a triple agent I suppose then.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289091517' post='2504497']
Yes, but we certainly didn't plant people to leak the logs to us, they did it of their own accord. You know what they say, every alliance accepts information.
[/quote]
.... and by concealing their identities you keep your spies active. I suppose that makes sense as a reason to not declare war in this case; they are probably more valuable to you than the gains you would make by declaring war on your actual enemies, whoever they might be.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289161986' post='2505204']
.... and by concealing their identities you keep your spies active. I suppose that makes sense as a reason to not declare war in this case; they are probably more valuable to you than the gains you would make by declaring war on your actual enemies, whoever they might be.
[/quote]

Are you really accusing us of spying right now?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1289162894' post='2505210']
[/quote]

I thought it was a gov only channel? Is it still "leaking information" if gov does it? I mean presumably they can authorize themselves to tell people whatever they want right?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1289162894' post='2505210']
[/quote]
You didn't post the logs.

Can you think of a better explanation for the people who [i]did[/i] post the logs to not declare war?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1289190580' post='2505739']
I thought it was a gov only channel? Is it still "leaking information" if gov does it? I mean presumably they can authorize themselves to tell people whatever they want right?
[/quote]
Oh for heaven's sakes. How dense are you?

Suppose you sent me some logs from a Pandora's Box private channel. It'd be pretty clear that you were spying on Pandora's Box for me, right?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289212201' post='2505959']
You didn't post the logs.

Can you think of a better explanation for the people who [i]did[/i] post the logs to not declare war?

Suppose you sent me some logs from a Pandora's Box private channel. It'd be pretty clear that you were spying on Pandora's Box for me, right?
[/quote]

Seriously, no it wouldn't.

The only thing clear there in your hypothetical would be that I handed you logs, what isn't specified is, why, how often, or even if the rest of my government knows.

I hate to ask the obvious while your busy reliving the Karma CB, but your "secure" channel had how many people and alliances in it? Did you bother to make sure all of them actually thought your plans were a good idea before dragging them in and hand feeding them solid gold PR ammo, or did you just spill the beans to a bunch of essentially random people?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1289250106' post='2506501']
I hate to ask the obvious while your busy reliving the Karma CB, but your "secure" channel had how many people and alliances in it? Did you bother to make sure all of them actually thought your plans were a good idea before dragging them in and hand feeding them solid gold PR ammo, or did you just spill the beans to a bunch of essentially random people?
[/quote]
I wasn't there :P

I received the logs later on from an Invicta government member who was actually there.

Most of the people in the channel that I know had the same opinion of the probable opsec state of the channel as you espouse here. That's why there's only a few people talking and a lot of people being very, shall we say, guarded about their opinions in there.

If I had been there, I would probably have made some remark about "There's more people here than were in #hegemony, this is GOING TO LEAK" and left.