What is your most hated memory of CN?

Ameris

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention of the night most of the remaining allies of NPO cancelled on the the second day of the Karma War yet? That has to be the most concentrated blast of venom I've ever seen on these forums.

I don't have a most hated moment that I can share here, since it did not involve an event the public was aware of. Not goiong into it either.

The RIAsplosion. Several high-ranking members left the RIA simultaneously, causing an enormous vacuum in the government. It set us back in terms of strength, organization, and morale for several months, and set many ConstRItutional precedents to prevent such a situation from ever happening again.

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1281826659' post='2416109']
Atlantis forming from the end of my alliance The Republic, and myself and others resigning from USN due to lack of support for Karma War.
[/quote]
Heh, I'd put that as the best.
The worst would have to be getting all of my friends rolled on accident.

Edited by Chickenzilla

I have lots of horrible memories from CN.y

The top 3 are probably being kicked out from ROK,Being messed with in VE,people inscessantly querying me on IRC. Oh and a shoutout to BAPS for nearly giving me a panic attack when I thought UPN and BAPs were gonna duke it out.

The Monos Archein/Aurora Borealis split two years ago. Coming back from a great summer camp to find out your batch of friends had split from one another and had gone each their own way had me clueless on what to do next. I was stuck making a decision between two group of my friends. Thats my most hated memory on CN, I would have preferred never experiencing it.

Edited by Farore

GWI was very demoralising for me personally. In a single night, half of LUE's government disappeared, with the rest gone within a week, leaving me as the sole LUE government member. I essentially tried to step up and emulate the entire government of a major alliance on my own, with next to no experience and with no friends to turn to. It went as well as could be expected really, not helped by various allies threatening to withdraw from the war.

All in all, a very draining time, especially when combined with a 12 hour bus trip sandwiched between the main CoaLUEtion peace talks.

In hindsight, I think LUE were pretty much dead from that point onwards. There was always a core of die-hard members who cared about the alliance and playing intelligently, but the general membership was mired with extreme apathy, the likes of which I've never seen anywhere else.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1281836023' post='2416217']
Probably a tie between TGR disbanding, and the CoaLUEtion coming in and stopping the Maroon War before we could finish off the beat-down.
[/quote]

The best part of that is how the CoaLUEtion didn't actually step in or make threats, but Nordreich - with full NPO backing (or so I was told) - pussied out anyway.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281833407' post='2416193']
[color="#0000FF"][color="#FF00FF"]More or less everyone. They may not know that it's what they're trying to do, but it is. They just want to be a big and bloated waste with no personality and lots of treaties on the winning side.[/color] [/color]
[/quote]

MHA has a lot of treaties?

The moment I finished chatting with Moo & Bilrow (one, then the other) before the GCW is when I knew we were pretty much boned, that there wasn't a damn thing I could do to stop it, but that I had to try to deal with it anyway. The pitch perfect Good Cop-Bad Cop routine. That moment was worse than the disbandment by a good bit. I had to turn around, tell everybody there was no way out of the mess, and start sorting through ways to deal with it. I stand by the decision made, but the other plan of reducing Green to slag would have been a sight to see given GWIII and GWII had both been non-nuclear.

Mine was probably the disbandment/merging of the United Trade Federation into the United Purple Nations. The United Trade Federation was the first attempt of running an alliance and it ended up with me being rather inactive and the other leaders just doing the same. All the hard work put into the creation of the alliance was pretty much wasted and it pissed me off that I wasted 3 months of my life creating an alliance prior to its DoE for the alliance to just die 3 months into its existence.
Other than that, the recurring theme of getting rolled was my other bad memory of CN.

The extreme hypocrisy of several alliances right before and during Karma. Their whining about NPO and all their evil when they were right in the middle of the gang that was rolling with Pacifica.

Sparta was probably the worst offender in this regard but several in SF were almost as bad.