Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1279126250' post='2371115']
Jesus christ you're paranoid. I don't think that Kronos and Valhalla were in some backroom plotting to humiliate Valhalla for !@#$% and giggles. It's Valhalla's own fault that they didn't ask Kronos first (communication, TRY IT!) and that they have an idiotic policy of sending everyone into peace mode before a war.
[/quote]

How would you know Valhalla didn't ask Kronos? Besides believing that Kronos wouldn't make anything stupid as lying deliberatly to an ally.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1279126250' post='2371115']
Jesus christ you're paranoid. I don't think that Kronos and Valhalla were in some backroom plotting to humiliate Valhalla for !@#$% and giggles. It's Valhalla's own fault that they didn't ask Kronos first (communication, TRY IT!) and that they have an idiotic policy of sending everyone into peace mode before a war.

No...no she didn't. She never said "o/ Humiliating Valhalla!" she just said o/.

If Valhalla feels humiliated they can cancel. Even though it is their fault.
[/quote]
Kronos and GOD. Tell me this if they werent trying to humilate them why did they make this public thread and why did their ally hail the OP. It was clearly an attempt to continue the joke and embarass them publicly. Kronos betrayed valhalla. Not betraying allies, they should try it.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='14 July 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1279126395' post='2371116']
Yup. It's all Valhalla's fault for preparing themselves for a war that even their allies told them was coming. Xiphosis, GOD, and Kronos hold no responsibility whatsoever for causing the rumors about the war; after all, they were just.... bored. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Given his reasoning, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mr. Damsky was that kid in fifth grade who always shouted "Stop hitting yourself!" when beating up first graders.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1279126509' post='2371121']
Except their allies didn't tell them it was coming because...[b]they never asked[/b].
[/quote]
You should really stop digging. This event was many things, but Valhalla's fault it was not.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1279125587' post='2371097']
Look, I don't think I've ever seen someone cancel an MDP level treaty and in the same announcement tell them that they're going to declare war in five days.[/quote]

I've seen alliances cancel a treaty and declare war in the same thread. (cf. FAN getting booted from the Initiative)

Close enough?

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1279126509' post='2371121']
Except their allies didn't tell them it was coming because...[b]they never asked[/b].
[/quote]
Among all the 'blame the victim'-type comments here, this is the best by far.

Kudos.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='15 July 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1279126193' post='2371114']
Uh, I think you're misreading me. I was responding to Damsky's assertion that he'd never seen a treaty cancelled and a threat of war in the same thread (that Alterego quoted below you). I certainly think that Kronos having a part in this joke is wrong, and also that the joke itself is very mean and (while amusing from the perspective of a historic enemy of Valhalla) shouldn't have been done.
[/quote]

then quote him next time :P

p.s Get on IRC

[quote name='Lusitan' date='14 July 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1279126544' post='2371123']
How would you know Valhalla didn't ask Kronos? Besides believing that Kronos wouldn't make anything stupid as lying deliberatly to an ally.
[/quote]

If a Valhalla high government official can show me logs where they asked Kronos high government whether or not it was legitimate I'll drop it. Because if Kronos lied, then yes, that's pretty $%&@ed up.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1279126544' post='2371124']
Kronos and GOD. Tell me this if they werent trying to humilate them why did they make this public thread and why did their ally hail the OP. It was clearly an attempt to continue the joke and embarass them publicly. Kronos betrayed valhalla. Not betraying allies, they should try it.
[/quote]

Because their ally pulled a pretty funny joke.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1279126509' post='2371121']
[/quote]
They shouldnt need to ask their allies if they are in the middle of betraying them. Do you know? was it kronos who told you? they cant be trusted as an ally why would i trust their word now as a non ally.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='heggo' date='14 July 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1279126584' post='2371127']
Given his reasoning, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mr. Damsky was that kid in fifth grade who always shouted "Stop hitting yourself!" when beating up first graders.
[/quote]

Oh that's golden.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1279126634' post='2371130']
You should really stop digging. This event was many things, but Valhalla's fault it was not.
[/quote]

It's their fault they went into peace mode. And yeah, it is their fault they didn't ask.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='14 July 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1279126707' post='2371131']
Close enough?
[/quote]

Fair enough, but I still believe that all the "This is just a joke" comments would have at least prompted them to ask.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='15 July 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1279126743' post='2371133']
If a Valhalla high government official can show me logs where they asked Kronos high government whether or not it was legitimate I'll drop it. Because if Kronos lied, then yes, that's pretty $%&@ed up.

Because their ally pulled a pretty funny joke.
[/quote]

I highly doubt Valhalla see it that way.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1279126952' post='2371141']
It's their fault they went into peace mode. And yeah, it is their fault they didn't ask.
[/quote]
Trust me, as one of the 5 people in the channel where this was all being planned and executed, you're barking up the wrong tree.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1279127243' post='2371148']
Trust me, as one of the 5 people in the channel where this was all being planned and executed, you're barking up the wrong tree.
[/quote]

So did they ask or not? :v:

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 09:00 AM' timestamp='1279123207' post='2371036']
Not to any legitimate alliance in our history. Maybe if "everyone" had taken the time to learn our real diplomatic/war practices they wouldn't have fallen for it.

Regardless, GOD asked for our help in this, what kind of treaty partner would that make us if we ignored a request for help?
[/quote]

It would make you the kind of treaty partner Valhalla has in Kronos. One that would stab their treaty partner in the back and cost them income for a luagh.

[quote name='Liz Girard' date='14 July 2010 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1279124378' post='2371061']
I don't recall a single Kronos member saying such.
[/quote]

Your o/ of the OP and your participation in this little stunt makes it clear what you think of Valhalla. If I was still in Valhalla I would push for them to dump your sorry $@!. Good thing not all of their allies are back stabbing low life scum bags. If they keep you as an ally it’s not because they like or trust you, at this point it will be for PR reasons only. Good job Kronos I hope it was worth it. You will now be known as the ally that is a liar that can’t be trusted.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1279125061' post='2371079']
If Valhalla was so concerned about war they could have [i]asked[/i] Kronos whether or not this was a legitimate cancellation or not.
[/quote]

Ok, so cancellation goes up, Kronos goes to Val passing them logs showing Xiphosis threatening the destruction of Val based off some unseen GOONS evidence. When you see a treaty cancellation, your ally threatening war, and logs in which it appears that you're about to get rolled, you don't laugh and go "Haha, you're pulling my leg right? Is this legit?"

[OOC] Thats about as inane as someone laughing and asking whether someone is serious when they're approached in a dark alley by a guy wielding a gun who demands all their cash [OOC]

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='14 July 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1279125841' post='2371104']
Treaties are often 'insta-cancelled' before a rolling. Take a look at the treaties held by GATO before the GATO-1V war, or heck, NPO before Karma.
[/quote]

Only one treaty held by GATO was "insta-cancelled" (the one with CPCN). I take offense at your use of treaties, plural. :P

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1279126144' post='2371112']
It wasnt the name it was their position. Only people who cant comprehend that continue to use the name.
[/quote]

It was the name we assigned to your side, just as Super Grievances is the name assigned to ours. Get over it.

[quote]Your o/ of the OP and your participation in this little stunt makes it clear what you think of Valhalla. If I was still in Valhalla I would push for them to dump your sorry $@!. Good thing not all of their allies are back stabbing low life scum bags. If they keep you as an ally it’s not because they like or trust you, at this point it will be for PR reasons only. Good job Kronos I hope it was worth it. You will now be known as the ally that is a liar that can’t be trusted. [/quote]

YOU HAILED YOUR MDOAP PARTNER YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON

(let's just forget that you also hailed Valhalla. that's kinda inconvenient atm.)

[quote]I'd say Valhalla has a pretty rock solid CB on GOD and Kronos given the economic damage this "joke" has caused them. [/quote]

They'd need to come out of peace mode to do that, though. :unsure:

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='nippy' date='14 July 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1279123125' post='2371035']
I know who you are because you seem to think you have a say in EVERYTHING that happens within these forums. You're completely tactless and shed more tears for events that don't concern you than most do. That, and you take every opportunity to complain about my alliance.
[/quote]

Most of my postings in the OWF do not lack tact. However I can easily see why you would come to that conclusion. The thing is that when I see a group of posters, who are just out to cause others grief, [ooc]try to make this game less fun for other people[/ooc], and pride themselves on not caring, I'm not going to try to argue with you. Instead I'm going to aim for pissing you off and offending you, because its the only thing GOONS posters will respond to. From the constant feedback you give me, it looks like it works. I would prefer to argue on the grounds of logic and common decency, really I would, but the way GOONS carries themselves in these forums makes that completely impossible in even the slightest degree.

Also this does concern me, Valhalla is any ally of MCXA, and therefore I am going to piss and moan till the cows come home if I feel they are wronged. I stand by my allies, and if you don't like it, tough.

[quote name='Corinan' date='14 July 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1279127565' post='2371157']
I'd say Valhalla has a pretty rock solid CB on GOD and Kronos given the economic damage this "joke" has caused them.
[/quote]

About as solid as TIDTT's CB on CnG.

Does everyone else find it as amusing as I do that MCXA, Argent and NSO are [i]way[/i] more upset about this than Valhalla is? As for everyone saying that GOD wouldn't find this so funny if the situations were reversed... Try us. I for one very much hope Valhalla comes up with a good counter-prank to get back at us for this. Might I suggest trying to get Fark to help you out?

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='14 July 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1279084085' post='2370498']
16 allies. Not treaties, allies. You hear everything. This included. Plus GOONS and Kronos coordinated it with me, and some [Impero, SF, Londo, Roquentin] were in on it and would PM me when particularly funny things got said.
[/quote]

Well at least we have a list of people who are willing to lie to their allies for their own amusement. This honestly makes me wonder what else those leaders are willing to lie to their allies about?

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1279126250' post='2371115']
[/quote]

Are you kidding me man? seriously, what alliance would ask their supposed friends and allies if them being threatened is fake? Kronos went to Valhalla with a pretty impressive amount of false proof and lies that basically all stated one thing "GOD and GOONS are going to roll Valhalla" and yet you think instead of beginning to prepare for a war, Valhalla should have stopped and gone "Hey Kronos, is this for real????????????". At that time, Valhalla had every reason to believe Kronos would not lie about something like this. Next time, you may have a point. Kronos lied once to Valhalla simply for their own amusement. Who is to say they would not do so again?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 July 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1279128593' post='2371181']
If I feel they are wronged.
[/quote]

They don't.

[quote name='phillip110' date='13 July 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1279081973' post='2370378']
Well played, well played.

I still love you Vesa for having our backs. But now, I'm going to nuke you for sending me into peacemode.
[/quote]

Actually 'Hegemony' is the counterpoint to 'Karma'. 'Ex-Hegemony' is the name 'assigned' to that group of alliances in opposition to 'Supercomplaints' (the name they assigned you). The equivalent to 'Supergrievances' (what you call yourself) was the 'Coincidence Coalition' or something equally anodyne. I'm not sure why you think you're in a position to dictate what names everyone gets, though. Supergrievances is so called because the name gained enough traction that everyone knows what you're talking about, and it makes sense (being a mix of the two blocs at its core). It makes no sense to use the name 'Hegemony' for a group of alliances which is not in a hegemonic position, particularly when the pseudo-bloc that you yourself are in is in a [i]much more hegemonic position itself[/i].