Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Duncan King' date='14 July 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1279115671' post='2370880']
Please, when has saying something like this really stopped a hit from a determined enemy? TPF was rolled for thinking of spying six months before. Knights of Ni was rolled for existing in neutrality and not being big enough to back their views up.

Valhalla knows that if someone wants to hit you, they're going to hit you, and nothing you say or do will change that.

You know what's funny? That you think wars only happen when there is a real CB.

Oh get off your high horse. As someone who was MADPed to TPF when that all went down I can conclusively say that Zenith was ready and willing to go in the next day after Athens hit TPF. We knew we wouldn't win, but it was our job. We didn't go in because TPF and the others on our "side" (mostly Liquid Mercury) asked us not to. They wanted to pool our side's resources to ensure that we maximized our effectiveness. I still get angry when I think of what happened to TPF because of this "strategy" but the fact remains that TPF wanted us to hold off and work with their other allies and that's what we did.

So your charges that TPF was "abandoned" are absolute crap and I think you know it, too.
[/quote]

I should log dump there millcom room so everyone can see how much of a joke it was ;)

Worst war planning EVER!!!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Viking' date='15 July 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1279116553' post='2370897']
One day I hope to achieve your level of childish name calling.

For now I will keep educating myself.
[/quote]

Hahahaha, you sir, you have [b]passed[/b] that level. With an A+ I'd say.

the very best thing about this sort of thread is the peanut gallery moralizing from the sidelines. I have to say that in any international incident, my first thought is "Quick! What do MCXA think about this? This is [i]vitally important![/i]"

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1279116763' post='2370903']
the very best thing about this sort of thread is the peanut gallery moralizing from the sidelines. I have to say that in any international incident, my first thought is "Quick! What do MCXA think about this? This is [i]vitally important![/i]"
[/quote]

Oh you, that's what everybody thinks IRL when a "Personality" does something "special".

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1279116763' post='2370903']
[/quote]
You think so? I prefer it when a member from one of the criticised alliances inevitably swans in post-criticism and issues the same tired one-liners about the peanut gallery in the hope that it'll deflect the attention away from their alliance's dumb antics. [i]"Don't worry chaps, we're getting slagged off, but it's only those little fellows from the peanut gallery, right? Right?!"[/i]

Classic.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1279116763' post='2370903']
[/quote]
This is similar to the kind of stunts old goons pulled and very similar to the kind of things old goons used to say before people got sick of their crap. Well at least they were actually funny.

[quote name='Big Z' date='13 July 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1279081836' post='2370355']
Heh, this was fun to pull off.
[/quote]

Hahahhahaa, Thats brilliant.. And old school joke still gets people.. I will say 10/10 :) Beautimus hahaha.. :) Well then you gents and ladies have fun.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='14 July 2010 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1279117224' post='2370908']
You think so? I prefer it when a member from one of the criticised alliances inevitably swans in post-criticism and issues the same tired one-liners about the peanut gallery in the hope that it'll deflect the attention away from their alliance's dumb antics. [i]"Don't worry chaps, we're getting slagged off, but it's only those little fellows from the peanut gallery, right? Right?!"[/i]

Classic.
[/quote]

well, that all depends on what the criticism is, how much there is of it, and where it's coming from. Criticism from people I'm allied to is one thing. Criticism from people connected to the situation is one thing. Criticism from people who have made being irrelevant into an art form is quite another.

Strange that you think this is damage control. Personally, I only just noticed this thread and found the whole thing funny.

Plus, we do everything possible to direct attention [i]towards[/i] our dumb antics, thank you very much.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1279117463' post='2370912']
This is similar to the kind of stunts old goons pulled and very similar to the kind of things old goons used to say before people got sick of their crap. Well at least they were actually funny.
[/quote]

how would you [i]know[/i]?

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1279117463' post='2370912']
[/quote]

You mean this was the kind of thing GOONS did and was funny until they directed it at the wrong people, right? The people who got sick of them likely are the same people complaining about this now, and found GOONS funny at first.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1279117583' post='2370915']

[/quote]
You have to have a nation before posting. The nation comes first then the posting.

[b]Nation Created: 11/5/2007 2:28:51 PM (982 days old)[/b]

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1279117832' post='2370919']
You have to have a nation before posting. The nation comes first then the posting.

[b]Nation Created: 11/5/2007 2:28:51 PM (982 days old)[/b]
[/quote]

so your nation was created 2 months after the Unjust war began. So, like I said:

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1279117583' post='2370915']
[/quote]

Some "psychological warfare" for amusement with much weaker unfriendly political entities in a boring season?
Its a harsh world.

Only thing I dont get is that ally alliance of Val taking a part in this stunt. I just do not quite understand their motivation in all this, did they knew they would create monetary damage to Val and stressful moments for them? For what, playign "funzies" (which is a matter of perspective, one mans fun is another mans stress) with obviously unfriendly entities towards their allies? That would count as breaking the spirit of the treaty and friendship, in my book.

But what do I care, its between them. I just do not understand that no name alliance pulling this on Val. I just do not "get them" I suppose they arent that close to Val, to take in consideration their emotional state and not to play with it for sake of some harsh joke.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1279117509' post='2370914']
well, that all depends on what the criticism is, how much there is of it, and where it's coming from. Criticism from people I'm allied to is one thing. Criticism from people connected to the situation is one thing. Criticism from people who have made being irrelevant into an art form is quite another.

Strange that you think this is damage control. Personally, I only just noticed this thread and found the whole thing funny.

Plus, we do everything possible to direct attention [i]towards[/i] our dumb antics, thank you very much.
[/quote]
Sure, sure. In fact they're [b]so[/b] irrelevant that a comment from a peanut gallery member was the first thing you focused on, despite having seven pages of replies (not to mention the actual topic of discussion in the OP) to choose from when forming a reply. You even went as far to say that the moralising of these people was "the very best thing" about this type of thread. Those aren't the words I'd use to generally describe an irrelevance.

So yes, it's damage control, and to say that you do everything to draw attention to your idiocy is plainly false when only moments ago you were attempting to create a 'hey let's all laugh at that crazy peanut gallery' sentiment, and now you are engaging in some pedantic game about nation creation dates. Shouldn't you be talking about your dumb antics?

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1279118114' post='2370921']
These messages dont self destruct.
[/quote]

so you're telling me you went back to the old Invision forums and dug up GOONS threads to read about an alliance that was dead and buried by the time you even signed up for the game?

When? [i]why?[/i]

Face it, alterego, you just got called out for being a poser. You were trying to act like one of these weathered vets who remembers the old days when you're actually just going on the crap other people told you and trying to look like you're worth a damn.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='14 July 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1279118348' post='2370925']
Sure, sure. In fact they're [b]so[/b] irrelevant that a comment from a peanut gallery member was the first thing you focused on, despite having seven pages of replies (not to mention the actual topic of discussion in the OP) to choose from when forming a reply. You even went as far to say that the moralising of these people was "the very best thing" about this type of thread. Those aren't the words I'd use to generally describe an irrelevance.
[/quote]

Something that will help you when examining my posts in this sort of thread:

I don't give a crap about politics. I'm basically retired. Thus, I just focus on the things that amuse me. You're ceasing to amuse me at the moment.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1279118395' post='2370928']
so you're telling me you went back to the old Invision forums and dug up GOONS threads to read about an alliance that was dead and buried by the time you even signed up for the game?

When? [i]why?[/i]

Face it, alterego, you just got called out for being a poser. You were trying to act like one of these weathered vets who remembers the old days when you're actually just going on the crap other people told you and trying to look like you're worth a damn.
[/quote]
You think this is news? I have a question for you, why couldnt you think up an original name for your alliance. I see you giving grief to someone for copying a sig when you copied a whole alliance right down to the antics that buried them.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1279118809' post='2370936']
You think this is news? I have a question for you, why couldnt you think up an original name for your alliance.
[/quote]

we did. The only words our alliance name has in common with the last SA alliance name are "Goon Order of"

Crappy deflect, by the way. I know the standard response to being called out as a fake is to start attacking, but you'll have to do better than a poorly researched burn on our name.

"Baah, you're just like the old GOONS, who I wasn't around to see and have no real idea about!"

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1279118114' post='2370921']
These messages dont self destruct.
[/quote]

GOONS got rolled for turning their humor against the wrong people, not because all of CN grew weary of them.

For the record I thought they were hilarious even when their humor was focused against my side.