Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1279118026' post='2370920']
so your nation was created 2 months after the Unjust war began. So, like I said:
[/quote]

If I might interrupt, since I was...well in charge of stuff back then, Alterego is correct.

We as alliances rolled hard, had lots of fun at other people's expense, and we died hard. The sad part was that for every person we ever got in the face of, raided excessively, belittled, extorted, or told just plain to shut up, we empowered our destroyers just that little bit more. Electron Sponge was egotistical, vain beyond words, and undeserving of much of the credit he was given. He also found a willing audience of victims and exploited them to do his bidding. Consequently he led a coalition that kicked our arse and would have done so regardless of whatever OOC melodrama cut the Unjust War short.

That's tl;dr version of what happened and what may well happen again. Be smarter. Learn.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1279118941' post='2370938']
we did. The only words our alliance name has in common with the last SA alliance name are "Goon Order of"

Crappy deflect, by the way. I know the standard response to being called out as a fake is to start attacking, but you'll have to do better than a poorly researched burn on our name.
[/quote]
Not as bad as your deflect. Old GOONS did this, [i]hey you arent that old so you are a poser[/i]. [i]Never mind old GOONS did stuff like this this guy is a poser[/i]. Thats right I claimed to be there. No wait I didnt.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='14 July 2010 - 09:51 AM' timestamp='1279119046' post='2370942']
If I might interrupt, since I was...well in charge of stuff back then, Alterego is correct.
[/quote]

you weren't in charge of any stuff I was ever to do with. Being \m/'s most shamefully remembered ex-member doesn't really give you much room to talk about what GOONS did.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1279119203' post='2370946']
Not as bad as your deflect. Old GOONS did this, [i]hey you arent that old so you are a poser[/i]. [i]Never mind old GOONS did stuff like this this guy is a poser[/i]. Thats right I claimed to be there. No wait I didnt.
[/quote]

well, except you sort of did:

"This is similar to the kind of stunts old goons pulled and very similar to the kind of things old goons used to say before people got sick of their crap. Well at least they were actually funny. "

the implication there is strong that you remembered and were amused by old GOONS, when in actual fact they'd already crashed and burned before you discovered this game. You're making claim to a heritage you're nothing to do with.

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Viking' date='14 July 2010 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1279119037' post='2370941']
GOONS got rolled for turning their humor against the wrong people, not because all of CN grew weary of them.

For the record I thought they were hilarious even when their humor was focused against my side.
[/quote]
The reasons for the death of the old GOONS go far beyond merely "turning their humor at the wrong people", but regardless that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1279119305' post='2370949']
you weren't in charge of any stuff I was ever to do with. Being \m/'s most shamefully remembered ex-member doesn't really give you much room to talk about what GOONS did.
[/quote]

That's funny, because it's also totally wrong...in every way humanly possible.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1279119435' post='2370954']
well, except you sort of did:

"This is similar to the kind of stunts old goons pulled and very similar to the kind of things old goons used to say before people got sick of their crap. Well at least they were actually funny. "

the implication there is strong that you remembered and were amused by old GOONS, when in actual fact they'd already crashed and burned before you discovered this game. You're making claim to a heritage you're nothing to do with.
[/quote]
I wasnt there I heard about what they did. (happy)

This is similar to the stories I heard about old GOONS.From what I heard about them and what I know about the things you have done yadda yadda yadda same old GOONS*

*note: I wasnt there, just heard the stories from people who were and read the posts.

[quote name='IronsightSniper' date='14 July 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1279119218' post='2370947']
Lamuella's alliance is not relevant to this topic, you should cease conversations regarding to that immediately.
[/quote]
They were part of this

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1279119621' post='2370957']
The reasons for the death of the old GOONS go far beyond merely "turning their humor at the wrong people", but regardless that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.
[/quote]

I'm sure there are backroom reasons I have no concept of, but to a mouthbreather like me that's how it looked.

It is pretty off topic though, and not nearly as funny, either.

[quote name='Daimos' date='14 July 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1279119633' post='2370958']
Valhalla you were made the butt of the joke. You just got smacked in the head. Everyone who was on it is laughing at you. How does it feel?
[/quote]

Off hand, like you should pay more reparations or face attack by C&G and Superfriends.

Oh wait...that was a joke. Hilarious, huh?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='14 July 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1279119635' post='2370959']
That's funny, because it's also totally wrong...in every way humanly possible.
[/quote]

wow, what a brilliant comeback. Did you forget how to spell "nuh-uh!"?

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1279119722' post='2370961']
This is similar to the stories I heard about old GOONS.
[/quote]

ah, stories and third hand accounts. Truly the most accurate way to gain information.

Edited by Lamuella

Personally I think you all are a bunch of babies who cant take A joke, My AA Was even trolled a bit and do you see me Crying like a little girl on her Monthly? Psh no Way. I find this Joke Hilarious and if some of you are angry that only means you bit the bullet and fell for this Joke.. Now I know my AA Is gonna be mad at this post...But.....I dont care... The way i see it the Only people upset about this joke are the ones who go fooled.. Lmao.. So Kudos to the Masterminds of this Ploy :)

Now As All my Comments Are said by myself and are not Approved by my Alliance You cannot Hold my Alliance responsible and if you so wish to do so then its your problem but if you want to have a few tears and cry a bit about the comments that i have said. This is my Nation--http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=398489 Do something :) cause im 100% Sure you cant hit and likewise it would entertain me...So Yay... You got served..

Once again nice joke gentleman 10 points :) Vodkas on me..

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1279119722' post='2370961']
I wasnt there I heard about what they did. (happy)

This is similar to the stories I heard about old GOONS.From what I heard about them and what I know about the things you have done yadda yadda yadda same old GOONS*

*note: I wasnt there, just heard the stories from people who were and read the posts.

They were part of this
[/quote]

It is funny how you talk smack about the alliance that brought you into the world and then protected you until their destruction.

On topic though....I was not amused by this and if Valhalla came asking for some sort of restitution I wouldn't blame them and you guys would be right to oblige. But I do not think Valhalla will.

[quote name='LordZero' date='14 July 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1279120099' post='2370969']
Personally I think you all are a bunch of babies who cant take A joke, My AA Was even trolled a bit and do you see me Crying like a little girl on her Monthly? Psh no Way. I find this Joke Hilarious and if some of you are angry that only means you bit the bullet and fell for this Joke.. Now I know my AA Is gonna be mad at this post...But.....I dont care... The way i see it the Only people upset about this joke are the ones who go fooled.. Lmao.. So Kudos to the Masterminds of this Ploy :)
[/quote]
Except one of them is a treaty partner and taking part is surely a treaty violation not to mention a violation of trust.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='14 July 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1279119793' post='2370963']
Off hand, like you should pay more reparations or face attack by C&G and Superfriends.

Oh wait...that was a joke. Hilarious, huh?
[/quote]

Gee, I have never been part of a conversation like that involving Valhalla threats. Oh wait...I have.....3 times.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1279120244' post='2370975']
Except one of them is a treaty partner and taking part is surely a treaty violation not to mention a violation of trust.
[/quote]
So? THis How i see it and trust me when i say i view everything I am Ordered to do as a 3rd Party View. This is just a Joke, All of you are acting like girls, I dont even know who Did the joke nor do i care, If it was me I wouldnt Pay Shietz back, Its a joke Put a Maxxy pad in and Calm Down. :) its only a game and isnt real. You remind me of Some trekkie Gamming Communities I Obliterated by myself. Lets Just all have a nice Drink and Be friends... lolz...

[quote name='AirMe' date='14 July 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1279120129' post='2370972']
It is funny how you talk smack about the alliance that brought you into the world and then protected you until their destruction.
[/quote]
We've just come to an agreement about me not being there, I wasnt there so I doubt they did squat for me.

[quote name='LordZero' date='14 July 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1279120464' post='2370978']
So? THis How i see it and trust me when i say i view everything I am Ordered to do as a 3rd Party View. This is just a Joke, All of you are acting like girls, I dont even know who Did the joke nor do i care, If it was me I wouldnt Pay Shietz back, Its a joke Put a Maxxy pad in and Calm Down. :) its only a game and isnt real. You remind me of Some trekkie Gamming Communities I Obliterated by myself. Lets Just all have a nice Drink and Be friends... lolz...
[/quote]
Im out of said pads so expect the ranting to continue.

I'm a little on the fence on how to feel about all of this. On the one hand I love a good joke and it's always fun to see the CN rumor mill in full action. On the other hand an alliance not in on the joke got played and even hurt (financially) by all of this and I don't really approve of that. A good joke doesn't go at the expense of others.

This would've worked out better if Valhalla was in on all of this and the OWF crowd would've been the only one fooled.

[quote name='LordZero' date='14 July 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1279120464' post='2370978']
[/quote]

You have a lot to learn young Adept.

[quote name='Divi Filius' date='14 July 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1279121132' post='2370991']
I'm a little on the fence on how to feel about all of this. On the one hand I love a good joke and it's always fun to see the CN rumor mill in full action. On the other hand an alliance not in on the joke got played and even hurt (financially) by all of this and I don't really approve of that. A good joke doesn't go at the expense of others.

This would've worked out better if Valhalla was in on all of this and the OWF crowd would've been the only one fooled.
[/quote]
Pretty much what I'm thinking. As it is I agree with AirMe but doubt they'd even consider asking for restitution, especially considering the pride at stake in doing such a thing.