Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1279120036' post='2370967']
wow, what a brilliant comeback. Did you forget how to spell "nuh-uh!"?
[/quote]

How about this...stop taking history lessons from people who were kicked from \m/ for their inability to follow the rules of \m/...in 2007.

[i]OOC: For that matter, their inability to follow the rules of CN...which begs the question why is he's hanging around your place?[/i]

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've had time to go through the thread:

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='14 July 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1279084414' post='2370507']
I wonder if were going to get a real cancellation from Valhalla now?
[/quote]
I sincerely hope so. My respect for Valhalla will decrease right after they've gotten back to about neutral if they allow themselves to be played by a "friend".

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 July 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1279088530' post='2370599']Is running to peace mode at the first chance of war really what qualifies as "badass" these days?[/quote]
[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 July 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1279089247' post='2370621']My alliance never did that.[/quote]
Was it when most of MK hit peace mode in the WWE? If so, I'm glad we can agree that they're not badass.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 04:03 AM' timestamp='1279098204' post='2370698']Not that Xylophone charachter thats for sure. Xylophone got an apology for something that was considered dickish [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88798"]HERE.[/url] Lets see the level of hypocracy that exists in the SG world. An apology from everyone involved and repayment of lost revenue would be a good start.[/quote]
Good luck with that. I got called a "piece of !@#$" and no apology was forthcoming. You only need to apologize when you insult the powerful side of the treaty web. Everyone knows that.

[quote name='King Wally' date='14 July 2010 - 05:09 AM' timestamp='1279102148' post='2370726']I totally get the strategy behind peace mode running (even if i dont like it) what im mainly trying to say is if anyone thinks GOD owes them due to this strategy costing them a couple bucks then i think they can take a hike. Their strategy... their loss.[/quote]
Considering it is GOD that forced their hand, then yes, GOD/GOON's/Kronos does owe Valhalla.

[quote name='Tautology' date='14 July 2010 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1279110582' post='2370805']I can understand the tactic of going into Peace Mode but surely it would have been easier for the Val government to state publicly, "Valhalla doesn't spy".[/quote]
Yeah, a simple "We didn't do it," would really solve the problem. :facepalm:

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 07:56 AM' timestamp='1279112147' post='2370825']You know what is funny?

That Valhalla fell for the joke, even though there was [b]no[/b] proof of spying whatsoever, which obviously Valhalla government should have known.

It shows how incompetent and paranoid some people are.[/quote]
No, what it really shows is that people believe that GOD and GOON's are warmongers that would take slight to no evidence to roll somebody. I can't believe you're naive enough to think wars require proof.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1279116763' post='2370903']the very best thing about this sort of thread is the peanut gallery moralizing from the sidelines. I have to say that in any international incident, my first thought is "Quick! What do MCXA think about this? This is [i]vitally important![/i]"[/quote]
This [i]is[/i] the OWF, posted by Xiphosis for the purpose of telling everyone what happened. What do you [i]expect[/i] to happen? Everybody just stays quiet?

Just noticed this... This is sick. In fact, I'd be less critical of it if it was an actual war. To make a joke about attacking someone, complete with lies and manipulation... Then again, what can you expect from that bunch of alliances.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1279121603' post='2371000']
No, what it really shows is that people believe that GOD and GOON's are warmongers that would take slight to no evidence to roll somebody. I can't believe you're naive enough to think wars require proof.
[/quote]
That's "GOONS" not "GOON's", and I'll thank you to save your bile, as we (The modern GOONS) have never done such a thing.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='14 July 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1279119793' post='2370963']
Off hand, like you should pay more reparations or face attack by C&G and Superfriends.

Oh wait...that was a joke. Hilarious, huh?
[/quote]

I meant no disrespect to Valhalla. I apologize if the members took it as such. Personally, I would leave my alliance if they got disrespected like this and did not do anything. My humble opinion.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1279116763' post='2370903']
the very best thing about this sort of thread is the peanut gallery moralizing from the sidelines. I have to say that in any international incident, my first thought is "Quick! What do MCXA think about this? This is [i]vitally important![/i]"
[/quote]

So let me get this straight. You don't care about what MCXA thinks, but you care enough to post about it ? ...
:blink: ...
:smug:

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1279121929' post='2371010']
That's "GOONS" not "GOON's", and I'll thank you to save your bile, as we (The modern GOONS) have never done such a thing.
[/quote]
This is why we keep Otter in war, not FA.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 July 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1279085018' post='2370527']
You may want to re read this thread and think that over.
[/quote]

Perhaps he didn't think you were important enough to add into that assessment. I mean, you like to think you're important, but really, you're as meaningless as ChairmanHal in any thread you post in, because [b][i]no matter what, you're crying about something[/i][/b].

[quote name='nippy' date='14 July 2010 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1279122792' post='2371030']
Perhaps he didn't think you were important enough to add into that assessment. I mean, you like to think you're important, but really, you're as meaningless as ChairmanHal in any thread you post in, because [b][i]no matter what, you're crying about something[/i][/b].
[/quote]
I'm meaningless but you seem to know who I am. Nice try at griefing though. :P

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1279121929' post='2371010']That's "GOONS" not "GOON's", and I'll thank you to save your bile, as we (The modern GOONS) have never done such a thing.[/quote]
Not to a treatied, large alliance, sure. The fact that everyone thinks you [i]would[/i] do it is very telling of the nature of GOONS.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 July 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1279122873' post='2371031']
I'm meaningless but you seem to know who I am. Nice try at griefing though. :P
[/quote]

I know who you are because you seem to think you have a say in EVERYTHING that happens within these forums. You're completely tactless and shed more tears for events that don't concern you than most do. That, and you take every opportunity to complain about my alliance.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1279122909' post='2371032']
Not to a treatied, large alliance, sure. The fact that everyone thinks you [i]would[/i] do it is very telling of the nature of GOONS.
[/quote]
Not to any legitimate alliance in our history. Maybe if "everyone" had taken the time to learn our real diplomatic/war practices they wouldn't have fallen for it.

Regardless, GOD asked for our help in this, what kind of treaty partner would that make us if we ignored a request for help?

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1279121603' post='2371000']
Was it when most of MK hit peace mode in the WWE? If so, I'm glad we can agree that they're not badass.
[/quote]
I'm so very sorry Mr. Astramora but I do think you have misunderstood Mr. Controversy's post a bit! In my most humble opinion I do not think he ever meant it as peace mode ever being 'badass'. Most certainly not in WWE, where us going into peace mode was only a counter-tactic to the our opponents placing certain portion of their alliances into peace mode.

And oh, not because of the WWE, but for other reasons we really are [i]very[/i] badass ;)

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 July 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1279122593' post='2371024']
So let me get this straight. You don't care about what MCXA thinks, but you care enough to post about it ? ...
:blink: ...
:smug:
[/quote]

you were just the most ridiculous example. Don't feel like being singled out for your uselessness makes you special.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1279123207' post='2371036']Regardless, GOD asked for our help in this, what kind of treaty partner would that make us if we ignored a request for help?[/quote]
I didn't know the "oA" in "MDoAP" stood for "optional Asshattery".

And before I get mislabeled as some sort of fire stoker or attack dog, I'll walk away from this affair now. As dio said, I'm not in the FA department for a good reason.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1279122909' post='2371032']
[/quote]

it's more telling of the nature of "everyone", by which you mean yourself and your friends.

If the situation was reversed I wouldn't of think to of seen GOD very impressed with the situation. Just idiotic and plain unthoughtful especially of KRONOS being it was done to a treaty partner.

It only seemed to be funny to the people that were in on the joke, shows you that in the end it was not much of a joke then.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1279122909' post='2371032']
[/quote]
What everyone thinks of GOONS is just as telling of their own attitudes and prejudices regarding GOONS as the nature of GOONS.
Like so very many people think cute little bumblebees want to harm people. They don't! And GOONS is that cute little bumblebee! :wub:

[quote name='Altheus' date='14 July 2010 - 04:36 AM' timestamp='1279100142' post='2370707']
This reads like, "Lets threaten a far weaker target with destruction and see if they react, oh they have! Aren't we good!"
[/quote]
Don't forget the insult to injury entailed in the "Well, our allies wouldn't have taken any economic losses if they hadn't been such peace mode loving cowards, aha-aha-aha!" which naturally flowed out in this thread.

[quote name='heggo' date='14 July 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1279124247' post='2371057']
Don't forget the insult to injury entailed in the "Well, our allies wouldn't have taken any economic losses if they hadn't been such peace mode loving cowards, aha-aha-aha!" which naturally flowed out in this thread.
[/quote]

I don't recall a single Kronos member saying such.

So in short, you disrupted 45 Valhallans income for 5 days. You caused them to buy in military components, hell maybe even improvement swapping. Younger nations possibly (well at least one did) spent money from tech deals on military and they now still owe technology. Are you going to refinance Valhalla?

[quote name='Altheus' date='14 July 2010 - 04:36 AM' timestamp='1279100142' post='2370707']
This reads like, "Lets threaten a far weaker target with destruction and see if they react, oh they have! Aren't we good!"
[/quote]

[quote name='heggo' date='14 July 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1279124247' post='2371057']
[/quote]

Let us not forget, too, that Xiphosis failed at his objective, which, according to the OP, was to "get someone to hit DEFCON 1 or Peace Mode on rumors alone." GOD subsequently got Kronos to fake a treaty cancellation, posting it on these boards. Once something like that gets published, even if it is fake, it goes beyond the definition of 'rumor'.

In case I'm missing something, please correct me:

1. Xiph gets bored and decides to play a prank.
2. Valhalla falls for his prank as any sensible alliance would.
3. Valhalla loses tons of money due to peace mode.
4. GOD and Kronos state that it was a joke and that Valhalla is at fault for losses because they're cowards or something.

Sound about right? Yes, yes it does.