Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='14 July 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1279137334' post='2371361']
Three days till Val gets rolled for real. That's what I heard...
[/quote]

oh come on man why ruin it

now we gotta do it tonight

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='14 July 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1279135164' post='2371316']
Seriously? The one thing you could say about GOONS 1.0 is that they weren't morons.
[/quote]
Thank you, I couldn't quite put my finger on what the difference was, but this is it!!! The sheer idiocy and stupidity of some of the GOONS 2.0'ers posting in this thread is not what I think we would have seen from GOONS 1.0.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1279137274' post='2371359']
Kronos planned and carried out an act of deception against an ally. They lied, fed them false information and joined the "cool" kids in a room to enjoy their public humilation all the while laughing at them behind their back. There is nothing harmless about that? They intended to harm them, just not by taking their NS.
[/quote]

I don't really see how Valhalla has been humiliated. The only thing they've really shown is that they can get half their alliance to peace mode at the drop of a hat, and that they trust their allies.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 July 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1279137636' post='2371375']
I don't really see how Valhalla has been humiliated. The only thing they've really shown is that they can get half their alliance to peace mode at the drop of a hat, [b]and that they trust their allies.[/b]
[/quote]
There is no loyalty without betrayal?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 July 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1279137636' post='2371375']
I don't really see how Valhalla has been humiliated. The only thing they've really shown is that they can get half their alliance to peace mode at the drop of a hat, and that they trust their allies.
[/quote]

Didn't Xiphosis mention that all of his allies laughed at them?

[quote name='Jonesing' date='14 July 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1279137553' post='2371371']
Thank you, I couldn't quite put my finger on what the difference was, but this is it!!! The sheer idiocy and stupidity of some of the GOONS 2.0'ers posting in this thread is not what I think we would have seen from GOONS 1.0.
[/quote]

What, prey tell, was idiotic about anything we've posted? Sardonic telling Mr. Damsky to not blame the victims? Me trying to coax a better posting method out of my good chum from MCXA? ...or perhaps you're just talking out of your posterior?

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='14 July 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1279136411' post='2371336']
That sound you hear is the collective groan accompanying multiple palms meeting multiple faces.

And compensation is all well and good. But how about....oh, I dunno....not jerking allies around in the first place?
[/quote]

I'm not hearing it. I will say it yet again, it was intended to be a harmless joke. Vesalius did not intend to "jerk around" his allies, especially ones that he has such a close personal relationship with. There are such things as backfires and mistakes.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1279137274' post='2371359']
Kronos planned and carried out an act of deception against an ally. They lied, fed them false information and joined the "cool" kids in a room to enjoy their public humilation all the while laughing at them behind their back. There is nothing harmless about that? They intended to harm them, just not by taking their NS.
[/quote]

Vesalius carried out a joke, and it went a step too far. There was no, I repeat- [b]no[/b] intention to harm Valhalla. We were not enjoying Valhalla's "public humiliation".

[quote name='Jonesing' date='14 July 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1279137553' post='2371371']
[/quote]

This is a pretty pointless post. Please, provide some examples or details. :rolleyes:

Fact is, the current GOONS, while still reserving the right to harvest pubbie tears from time to time, is [b]far[/b] more diplomatic and accommodating than the old GOONS. You're just mad that they were your tears :v:

edit: bah, nippy beat me to it

Edited by Iserlohn

Well Well Well....

A note to Valhalla:

Have a talk with Kronos and solve this like two true allies should.

A note to Kronos:

Not a nice thing to do to an ally, even if no harm was expected or intended. [i]However, very funny![/i]

This will blow over. Valhalla doesn't want a war, but I wouldn't mind one.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 July 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1279135933' post='2371328']
I think maybe GOD/Kronos wasn't expecting such a strong (and admirably fast) reaction. If Valhalla had only gone into alert mode, for example, then it would have been easy enough to say "haha kidding" with no harm done. Certainly it isn't Valhalla's fault for taking a threat so seriously and reacting so well, but I don't believe it was Kronos' intention to cause economic harm (however slight it may be) to their ally. A poorly thought-out but still relatively harmless joke.
[/quote]

Well, this proved that Vesalius can't really be trusted. Hopefully he learned his lesson that one should never lie to their allies, regardless of intention. Though most would have assumed that to be common sense, the list given by Xiph of leaders willing to lie to allies over something so ridiculous, makes one wonder if it truly is.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' date='14 July 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1279138157' post='2371389']
We were not enjoying Valhalla's "public humiliation".
[/quote]

Not to mention, Valhalla isn't exactly "humiliated" by getting 45/112 members to peace mode on short notice. Strategic quibbles aside, kudos on a fast mobilization, Valhalla.

We were once allied to an alliance that would shift into peace mode with the idea of war going around?

I'm not saying xiphosis was justified, nor was Kronos, but really Valhalla? You think there's gonna be a war and [i]this[/i] is your response?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='14 July 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1279085140' post='2370535']
You do have a point...of course the sequel had more action but the plot was lacking.
[/quote]
They replaced the head writers and just used played-out stuff from other beatdowns. :smug:

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' date='14 July 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1279138157' post='2371389']
I'm not hearing it. I will say it yet again, it was intended to be a harmless joke. Vesalius did not intend to "jerk around" his allies, especially ones that he has such a close personal relationship with. There are such things as backfires and mistakes.

Vesalius carried out a joke, and it went a step too far. There was no, I repeat- [b]no[/b] intention to harm Valhalla. We were not enjoying Valhalla's "public humiliation".
[/quote]

No, who could have possibly guessed that forcing an alliance to prepare for war could harm them? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Jonesing' date='14 July 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1279137553' post='2371371']
[/quote]
You're just mad that we saw what you had become and didn't bother calling.

Regardless, as to the actual topic on hand, I am sure Valhalla and Kronos will work out their differences, if they have not already in private.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='15 July 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1279136411' post='2371336']
And compensation is all well and good. But how about....oh, I dunno....not jerking allies around in the first place?
[/quote]

It's too easy to say "it was a mistake," and it's way too easy to say "I'm sorry." From now on we're all going to try something a little bit harder, and we're going to call it "NOT SCREWING UP". - Dinosaur Comics

If there was ever a place where people need to learn to think ahead for a moment....

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' date='14 July 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1279138157' post='2371389']
[/quote]
Lauging at them in a room full of people who hate them sounds like he enjoyed himself. It was also posted here for the wider world to laugh at and was hailed. If I say im going to nuke you but dont intend harming you it doesnt change the result.

I'm curious, GOONs: what was the piece of "legitimate" evidence that you guys had to show Valhalla was spying? Or was that evidence non-existent and you just lied to everyone who asked?

Edited by Jrenster

[quote name='Viking' date='14 July 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1279137436' post='2371367']
oh come on man why ruin it

now we gotta do it tonight
[/quote]

They can't come out of PM for 3 days. Above all I thought GOD knew the war system.

Xiph you better dust off those war guides.

Edited by SonOfHoward

[quote name='Jrenster' date='14 July 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1279138807' post='2371421']
I'm curious, GOONs: what was the piece of "legitimate" evidence that you guys had to show Valhalla was spying? Or was that evidence non-existent and you just lied to everyone who asked?
[/quote]

it was already stated they fabricated the evidence and lied to most of those asking.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='14 July 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1279137768' post='2371378']
Didn't Xiphosis mention that all of his allies laughed at them?
[/quote]

Unless I misread it, I don't think that he meant that they laughed at Valhalla specifically, so much as at the tonne of people (myself included) who spent the night trawling for information when there was none to be found without so much as questioning whether there was any meat to the whole thing. Like others, I think that the joke would've been better were Valhalla in on it, but it was entertaining watching the rumour take on a life of its own, even as one of those entirely in the dark.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1279138585' post='2371409']
You're just mad that we saw what you had become and didn't bother calling.

Regardless, as to the actual topic on hand, I am sure Valhalla and Kronos will work out their differences, if they have not already in private.
[/quote]

This.

It is a testament to the strength of our relationship, that we fell for it in the first place. A judgment in error was made. This will be worked out precisely because of that same strength of relationship.

o/ Kronos

[quote name='Jrenster' date='14 July 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1279138807' post='2371421']
[/quote]

It's obvious, jRenster, that the entire thing was a hoax. We like Kronos, GOD came up with the idea, we're treatied to GOD and thought it seemed like a humorous thing to do. It was.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='14 July 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1279138807' post='2371421']
[/quote]

They lied. That was covered in the OP. The whole "CB" was fabricated.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='14 July 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1279132654' post='2371267']
Past is Past Airme i thought we had established that all you have done with that statement is support the sentiment that its all good because its happened before.

[/quote]

Yes I did bring up the past, but I was also pointing out that he in the past supported those who made such moves. A Pot/Kettle/Black situation.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1279132869' post='2371274']
They forget the Karma war when it suits them, they still call us hegemony for admins sake.
[/quote]

What are you even talking about? You get called Hegemony because that is what your side was named and what some of us still call it. I want to like you...but I swear.....you drink too much.