Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1279121603' post='2371000']

Was it when most of MK hit peace mode in the WWE? If so, I'm glad we can agree that they're not badass.

[/quote]

Got my wars mixed up. :psyduck:

Edited by AirMe

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='14 July 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1279128785' post='2371189']
Actually 'Hegemony' is the counterpoint to 'Karma'. 'Ex-Hegemony' is the name 'assigned' to that group of alliances in opposition to 'Supercomplaints' (the name they assigned you). The equivalent to 'Supergrievances' (what you call yourself) was the 'Coincidence Coalition' or something equally anodyne. I'm not sure why you think you're in a position to dictate what names everyone gets, though. Supergrievances is so called because the name gained enough traction that everyone knows what you're talking about, and it makes sense (being a mix of the two blocs at its core). It makes no sense to use the name 'Hegemony' for a group of alliances which is not in a hegemonic position, particularly when the pseudo-bloc that you yourself are in is in a [i]much more hegemonic position itself[/i].
[/quote]

Except that their group is often called 'hegemony' or 'ex-hegemony'. If a name is more commonly accepted then I'll use that. But that hasn't happened. Not sure why this is such an issue. Everyone knows who I'm referring to. I don't know what to tell you. Substitute a different word in your head if that makes you happy?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Corinan' date='14 July 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1279127565' post='2371157']
I'd say Valhalla has a pretty rock solid CB on GOD and Kronos given the economic damage this "joke" has caused them.
[/quote]

This line needs to not be repeated anymore. The state of the world is our nations are so large, our warchests are so large that 5 days doesn't mean squat and we all know it. And if 5 days is that much to a nation, they are probably at the level where one or two 3 million dollar aid packages would more than make up the difference.

Claiming there is a major economic disruption is a gross exaggeration.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='NoFish' date='14 July 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1279128726' post='2371185']
Does everyone else find it as amusing as I do that MCXA, Argent and NSO are [i]way[/i] more upset about this than Valhalla is? As for everyone saying that GOD wouldn't find this so funny if the situations were reversed... Try us. I for one very much hope Valhalla comes up with a good counter-prank to get back at us for this. Might I suggest trying to get Fark to help you out?
[/quote]

Does everyone else find it as amusing as I do that you’re so ignorant you think Valhalla would show their disgust of your costly childish prank in public. Just because it’s not being shown on the OWF is no indication that they got a big laugh out of this. Trust me what I say they didn’t, nor did any of their allies but Kronos. <_<

[quote name='AirMe' date='14 July 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1279129358' post='2371203']
This line needs to not be repeated anymore. The state of the world is our nations are so large, our warchests are so large that 5 days doesn't mean squat and we all know it. And if 5 days is that much to a nation, they are probably at the level where one or two 3 million dollar aid packages would more than make up the difference.

Claiming there is a major economic disruption is a gross exaggeration.
[/quote]

And claiming there is not is also gross exaggeration. Do you know what aid/infra boost programs they had going at the time? Do you know how many nations under 4k infra are doing a sled and looking to get aid from those nations now in PM before their 20 days and they collect to boost? Do you know the number of tech deals that have now been set back 5 days? Do you know the number of nations that did improvement swaps? Until you do I would suggest you don’t make assumptions as to how much this little prank cost Valhalla.
As for the line about this being a CB for Valhalla I would agree with you on that.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1279125061' post='2371079']
If Valhalla was so concerned about war they could have [i]asked[/i] Kronos whether or not this was a legitimate cancellation or not.
[/quote]
Wait a minute, you're seriously saying that Valhalla should be so suspicious of their allies that they should assume cancellation announcements posted by their allies and logs passed to him aren't real? I like to think that my allies aren't going to lie to me and will give things to me straight. That's why they're my allies.

[quote name='ironchef' date='14 July 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1279129992' post='2371212']
And claiming there is not is also gross exaggeration. Do you know what aid/infra boost programs they had going at the time? Do you know how many nations under 4k infra are doing a sled and looking to get aid from those nations now in PM before their 20 days and they collect to boost? Do you know the number of tech deals that have now been set back 5 days? Do you know the number of nations that did improvement swaps? Until you do I would suggest you don’t make assumptions as to how much this little prank cost Valhalla.
As for the line about this being a CB for Valhalla I would agree with you on that.
[/quote]

Instead of lashing out.....I was saying this wasn't as bad as Corinian and others were making it out to be. And I never said that there wasn't an impact but by no means is it a soul crushing OMG we are going to die impact. It is more of a...DAMN IT now we have a 5 day interruption kind of impact. Something that takes a little adjustment of the spreadsheets that any competent group of leaders can adjust for.

I am not your enemy.

Edited by AirMe

The only chance this had to be amusing was if an actual war was declared. I think the intentions weren't that bad, but in execution it left a lot of people wronged. I wish I knew less people that were involved in this.

[quote name='AirMe' date='14 July 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1279130237' post='2371216']
Instead of lashing out.....I was saying this wasn't as bad as Corinian and others were making it out to be. And I never said that there wasn't an impact but by no means is it a soul crushing OMG we are going to die impact. It is more of a...DAMN IT now we have a 5 day interruption kind of impact. Something that takes a little adjustment of the spreadsheets that any competent group of leaders can adjust for.

I am not your enemy.
[/quote]

Your right AirMe and I'm sorry for being so brash, but jokes like this piss me the hell off. I have had to make said adjustment of spreadsheets before and its not much fun. Its much less fun when its been cause by someone you call an ally. Kronos needs a kick in the teeth.

[quote name='ironchef' date='14 July 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1279130634' post='2371226']
Your right AirMe and I'm sorry for being so brash, but jokes like this piss me the hell off. I have had to make said adjustment of spreadsheets before and its not much fun. Its much less fun when its been cause by someone you call an ally. Kronos needs a kick in the teeth.
[/quote]
I agree...this joke does suck and is in relative poor taste.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='AirMe' date='14 July 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1279130746' post='2371227']I agree...this joke does suck and is in relative poor taste.[/quote]
Back a few months ago (or was it a year, I don't know), I remember not liking you. However, you have definitely grown on me since then. Cheers!

[quote name='NoFish' date='14 July 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1279128726' post='2371185']
Does everyone else find it as amusing as I do that MCXA, Argent and NSO are [i]way[/i] more upset about this than Valhalla is? As for everyone saying that GOD wouldn't find this so funny if the situations were reversed... Try us. I for one very much hope Valhalla comes up with a good counter-prank to get back at us for this. Might I suggest trying to get Fark to help you out?
[/quote]

The only part I, personally am upset about was people seeking me out to pass me false information. I really couldn't care less about the rest of it. If you check the original discussion on the matter, I called BS from the very begininng, I just don't appreciate being intentionally given falsified logs when I didn't even ask anyone for the information.

Had I gone poking my nose into it trying to get all the information, and I was misled to further a joke, that would be one thing, but being chosen to give the bad information too doesn't sit well.

Economic damage is economic damage, and it's aggravated by the fact that the damage was cause by an alliance that was supposed to be their ally. CB's don't get much more airtight than that. I don't have a horse in this race, just pointing it out.

[quote name='Vladimir' date='14 July 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1279082199' post='2370404']
Tell someone in a much weaker position than you that you're going to declare war on them, and they will probably prepare for war. Thank god we found this out. The world will never be the same. An ingenious experiment.
[/quote]

I still found it entertaining if not groundbreaking. Good work GOD, Kronos and GOONS.

I have to say if Kronos was really involved in this, I am disappointed and really hope that they work closely with Valhalla to compensate their treaty partner for the BS that they have caused. I dont feel like digging through over ten pages of "hahaha Failhalla peace moders" comments, but I think its important to address a few things:
1. Peace mode is a valid option when facing the odds that Valhalla was looking at. I would have to say I would have done the same in their shoes to allow ourselves a chance to get a second wave in. Valid military long term war tactic. Those pointing fingers and laughing should look at the damage most of purple caused in the last war doing just that with some alliances having over 10 alliances on them.
2. Kronos- As I said in my opening comment, if it is true, and you did this to Olympus, I can assure you, there would be no doubt in my mind that you would have a cancellation in your inbox. Treating an ally like that is a very poor show on your part after the respect I know you and Valhalla have had in the past regardless of treaty ties, but through friendship.
3. Yet again lolfest continues on cn...kinda makes me miss the days of respect between alliances. That is such a hard thing to find now in cn.

We now return you to your tech deals.

[quote name='AirMe' date='14 July 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1279120262' post='2370976']
Gee, I have never been part of a conversation like that involving Valhalla threats. Oh wait...I have.....3 times.
[/quote]
Past is Past Airme i thought we had established that all you have done with that statement is support the sentiment that its all good because its happened before.

[quote name='Leet Guy' date='14 July 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1279128672' post='2371184']
About as solid as TIDTT's CB on CnG.
[/quote]
quit just quit this has nothing to do with that quit generalizing this to make it ok in your book or justify things.

Anyone want to offer odds on whether this sparks a conflict? I'm at about 3-1 right now that a certain party decides to defend their honor and strikes back. Really, what other choice is there now that this has pushed 1/2 their membership into peace mode? While an ally may have pulled this prank, I think the real value in this is to potential opponents that now know that whose membership won't fight. Time to set the record straight through force or arms or wear this albatross around their neck for some time.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='14 July 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1279132654' post='2371267']
Past is Past Airme i thought we had established that all you have done with that statement is support the sentiment that its all good because its happened before.
[/quote]
They forget the Karma war when it suits them, they still call us hegemony for admins sake.