Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1279113973' post='2370849']
I'm glad to see people think that flexing your muscle to make others on the opposite side of the treaty web hit peace mode and waste tons of their time is just a funny joke.
[/quote]

Just when I stop laughing, more humor spills out of this thread.

Seriously... stop everyone. I might break a rib.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1279113275' post='2370839']
Yeah, it shows to me that they want it to be true that GOD and GOONS would behave that way. How disappointing must it have been to find out it was all a joke. :v:

Sorry, our Pepsi still isn't the same as your Coke.
[/quote]

I am not really sure what you have been drinking, but considering the massive Valhalla move to peace mode I am pretty sure it went far and beyond the point of "wanting" to believe GOD and GOONS to be that way. People want to believe things for propaganda matters, in life or death situations it's usually when the cold hard reality comes knocking. And the truth is that it was expected GOD and GOONS would roll Valhalla for no reason at all.

As for your last comment, I didn't like the Coke, I don't like the Pepsi and I have no idea what you complain about, you were part of both.

[quote name='der_ko' date='14 July 2010 - 06:24 AM' timestamp='1279103043' post='2370735']
You make me so happy. Seen Francos Spain hanging around lately?

Edit: Looks like he deleted and is now using the 'Doitzel' nick.
[/quote]

LOL U MAD

[quote name='Corinan' date='14 July 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1279114419' post='2370859']
LOL U MAD
[/quote]
No, I'm genuinely glad you decided to open this can of worms and set the community standards at a comfortable low level. It will amuse me greatly in future posts. :awesome:

[quote name='der_ko' date='14 July 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1279114674' post='2370862']
No, I'm genuinely glad you decided to open this can of worms and set the community standards at a comfortable low level. It will amuse me greatly in future posts. :awesome:
[/quote]

You're a shining testament to your alliance.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='14 July 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1279114224' post='2370856']
I am not really sure what you have been drinking, but considering the massive Valhalla move to peace mode I am pretty sure it went far and beyond the point of "wanting" to believe GOD and GOONS to be that way. People want to believe things for propaganda matters, in life or death situations it's usually when the cold hard reality comes knocking. And the truth is that it was expected GOD and GOONS would roll Valhalla for no reason at all.

As for your last comment, I didn't like the Coke, I don't like the Pepsi and I have no idea what you complain about, you were part of both.
[/quote]
Right, well let's just say we interpret this all differently. :P

With regards to the comment about FOK: lol, you obviously know little of our (and especially my personal) history. I'll leave it with that, since it's offtopic.

edit: typo

Edited by Tromp

[quote name='Corinan' date='14 July 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1279114780' post='2370865']
You're a shining testament to your alliance.
[/quote]
Not everyone can be an hero. :(

Edited by der_ko

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1279114800' post='2370866']
With regards to the comment about FOK: lol, you abviously know little of our (and especially my personal) history. I'll leave it with that, since it's offtopic.
[/quote]

Feel free to enlighten me either via PM or on IRC if you feel it's worth the trouble.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1279114987' post='2370870']
That's one way to say, "I don't have a proper response", just try laughing it off as "obviously wrong".
[/quote]

Maybe it's wrong to you. That's cool, don't laugh. I find this whole situation hilarious, and the reaction you and others like you are having regarding the situation adds to the humor. It's not me dodging what you said, it's me laughing directly at your statement.

[quote name='der_ko' date='14 July 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1279114970' post='2370869']
Not everyone can be an hero. :(
[/quote]

You might want to get some more information on the subject you're referring to. Those in the know will just laugh at you over this.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Corinan' date='14 July 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1279115200' post='2370875']
You might want to get some more information on the subject you're referring to. Those in the know will just laugh at you over this.
[/quote]
I suppose I could go [i]undercover[/i] to learn the truth.

Edited by der_ko

[quote name='Tautology' date='14 July 2010 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1279110582' post='2370805']
I can understand the tactic of going into Peace Mode but surely it would have been easier for the Val government to state publicly, "Valhalla doesn't spy".
[/quote]
Please, when has saying something like this really stopped a hit from a determined enemy? TPF was rolled for thinking of spying six months before. Knights of Ni was rolled for existing in neutrality and not being big enough to back their views up.

Valhalla knows that if someone wants to hit you, they're going to hit you, and nothing you say or do will change that.

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 07:56 AM' timestamp='1279112147' post='2370825']
You know what is funny?

That Valhalla fell for the joke, even though there was [b]no[/b] proof of spying whatsoever, which obviously Valhalla government should have known.

It shows how incompetent and paranoid some people are.
[/quote]
You know what's funny? That you think wars only happen when there is a real CB.

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 08:14 AM' timestamp='1279113275' post='2370839']
Whether that was a legitimate claim or not, I agree with the point you make though. You wouldn't want to be alone, abondoned for days by so called "allies" either, do you?

Yeah, it shows to me that they want it to be true that GOD and GOONS would behave that way. How disappointing must it have been to find out it was all a joke. :v:

[/quote]

Oh get off your high horse. As someone who was MADPed to TPF when that all went down I can conclusively say that Zenith was ready and willing to go in the next day after Athens hit TPF. We knew we wouldn't win, but it was our job. We didn't go in because TPF and the others on our "side" (mostly Liquid Mercury) asked us not to. They wanted to pool our side's resources to ensure that we maximized our effectiveness. I still get angry when I think of what happened to TPF because of this "strategy" but the fact remains that TPF wanted us to hold off and work with their other allies and that's what we did.

So your charges that TPF was "abandoned" are absolute crap and I think you know it, too.

[quote name='Viking' date='14 July 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1279115188' post='2370874']
Maybe it's wrong to you. That's cool, don't laugh. I find this whole situation hilarious, and the reaction you and others like you are having regarding the situation adds to the humor.[/quote]
HAHAHAHA an alliance prepared for war on the basis of rumour AHAHAHAHAHAH. And people aren't laughing!?!?!!! HAHAHA WHAT IDIOTS.

Or not, because alliances prepare for war on the basis of rumours all the time. There's not really much that's funny about this stunt, it's stupid and childish more than anything. Xiphosis and his cronies can feel pleased that people take them seriously (or did, anyway), but for everyone else it's should represent low-grade humour at best.

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 08:14 AM' timestamp='1279113275' post='2370839']
[/quote]
[i]Your Coke?[/i]

You've clearly forgotten how you were a part of that Coke.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='14 July 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1279115876' post='2370883']
HAHAHAHA an alliance prepared for war on the basis of rumour AHAHAHAHAHAH. And people aren't laughing!?!?!!! HAHAHA WHAT IDIOTS.

Or not, because alliances prepare for war on the basis of rumours all the time. There's not really much that's funny about this stunt, it's stupid and childish more than anything. Xiphosis and his cronies can feel pleased that people take them seriously (or did, anyway), but for everyone else it's should represent low-grade humour at best.
[/quote]

I never claimed to be sophisticated.

[quote name='Viking' date='14 July 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1279110516' post='2370804']
If we were that bad we would have just rolled Valhalla.
[/quote]
NO you would have come running in and left crawling away. We may have lost but you would have been far from a victory

[quote name='Tautology' date='14 July 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1279110582' post='2370805']
I can understand the tactic of going into Peace Mode but surely it would have been easier for the Val government to state publicly, "Valhalla doesn't spy".
[/quote]
Really considering your own gov as well as others didnt want to listen when they were approached other than to say they arent really involved what good would it have done to come to the OWF.

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1279112147' post='2370825']
You know what is funny?

That Valhalla fell for the joke, even though there was [b]no[/b] proof of spying whatsoever, which obviously Valhalla government should have known.

[/quote]
Paranoid and incompetent i would love to see what you would have done in the same situation. Out numbered with what was seen a very real threat on our doorstep. Take in to account that Goons is known for running a bit loose though i will admit this seemed a stretch but not out of the realm of possibilities the fact Xiph if given evidence will generally back an ally (and we all know that some evidence can be faked pretty well) and add to that having one of our allies in on the joke, I fail to see where our reaction was anywhere out of line or paranoid. As tronix said earlier we practice def-con cycling so we generally are at above 90% defcon 1 status at all times so our next move in order to inflict as much damage as possible was to get people into PM so if they came in they would crawl back out. Im pretty sure those alliances that have fought us in the past know damn good and well we could give 2 !@#$% less about our infra and really we love casualties so those attempting to call us infra huggers save it cuz you know it aint true.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='14 July 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1279115876' post='2370883']
Or not, because alliances prepare for war on the basis of rumours all the time.
[/quote]
Yup and it wasnt just rumours. There was a fake treaty cancellation and their own allies lied and betrayed them.

[quote name='Viking' date='14 July 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1279116312' post='2370888']
I never claimed to be sophisticated.
[/quote]
Then we are agreed that the only people who find this funny are moronic simpletons, and those with a brains will be scoffing and shaking their heads disapprovingly.

[quote name='Tromp' date='14 July 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1279112147' post='2370825']
You know what is funny?

[/quote]

You know what's really funny? [i]Caddyshack[/i]. I was watching in the bunker complex last night in my headquarters outside New Jerusalem. Dangerfield was at his peak. Brilliant.

Oh and one more thing...you're better than this--smarter, more mature and better aware of the Planet Bob history and current events.

I think I'll make the feature tonight in the bunker complex [i]1941[/i]. Many critics panned it when it came out but I'm in the mood for more genuinely funny comedy about war and the threat of war and Planet Bob seems to be lacking it at the moment. I'll need more popcorn.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='14 July 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1279116451' post='2370895']
Then we are agreed that the only people who find this funny are moronic simpletons, and those with a brains will be scoffing and shaking their heads disapprovingly.
[/quote]

One day I hope to achieve your level of childish name calling.

For now I will keep educating myself.

Edited by Viking