GOONS Reparations Announcement

[center][img]http://www.kburgessjr.com/images/GoonFrogAndGrenadeFlag.jpg[/img]
[b]Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism[/b][/center]

[i]Today[/i], May 16th, 2010, the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism has decided to waive any and all remaining reparations payments due to them from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. The utter ineptitude of the government of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in every department is completely beyond comparison. The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism, in an act of good faith and kindness, gave the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, as well as all other affected parties, an unlimited amount of time to complete all reparations payments.

[i]One[/i] alliance, actually uninvolved in the skirmishes, was one of the fastest to pay reparations. The Foreign Division, who paid due to an agreement among allies of NATO, was extremely expedient in their payments. In less than one month, all reparations due were completed. Relations remain amiable between the alliance, despite previous opposition, on other sides of the battlefield.

[i]Two[/i] of these alliances found themselves amidst turmoil. The first, the United Commonwealth of Nations, fell on hard times with alliance disbandment and restructuring. At that point, we decided to waive all reparations that had not yet been paid, the government had enough to deal with. Before the turmoil, the United Commonwealth of Nations was quick in communication and organization on reparations payments with the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism. This built high-quality relations between the two alliances, leading to a Treaty of Amity as well as a Non-Aggression Pact between the two. These treaties are some of the most valued among the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism.

[i]The[/i] second of these alliances is the Aqua Defense Initiative. After the disbandment of the alliance, it reformed into The Shadow Proclamation. The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism was contacted by a government officer of The Shadow Proclamation and informed that reparations would continue to be sent. When their word was followed up, mixed feelings came from the government at the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism. As glad as they were that the reparations were being paid, massive amounts of tech deals were being disrupted by the aid. Because of that, and because of the problems and obstacles that always occur in this kind of restructuring, the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism once again waived all reparations due from what was once the Aqua Defense Initiative.

[i]The[/i] North Atlantic Treaty Organization, on the other hand, has not disbanded. They have not reformed under a new name. They have not gone through any outward political turmoil. Yet, they have failed miserably in paying reparations in a timely manner. This is not because of an inability to pay. The top forty nations of the alliance are all at or above the 4,000 infrastructure jump, easily netting $3,000,000 per day. In other words, one day's worth of collection could have paid off the entirety of the NATO debt to the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism. Yet, today, we are still waiting on reparations. Within the last 10 days, of all the active foreign aid agreements, NATO aid makes up less than one percent of this. The below graph illustrates the alliances from which the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism has been aided.

[center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6345/goonsaid.png[/img][/center]

[i]Officials[/i] from NATO, when asked about the timeliness of such aid packages at previous times, have used and abused the leniency of the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism. It is ridiculous to consider that four packages of aid, every ten days, is all that NATO can spare. It is an egregious violation of the trust that the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism placed with NATO, and it is extremely unfortunate that this situation has developed. Because of this, the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism will currently waive all reparations from NATO that are due from the previous war. The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism will impose additional reparations as victors in future wars in order to recoup these losses. All reparations will be due on strict timelines, with penalties for not meeting deadlines.

[i]The[/i] Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism placed trust in NATO that the terms, without a true deadline for reparations, would still be followed in spirit. It is understood now that NATO has no intention of following this. We find it unfortunate that those who find themselves at the mercy of the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism in the future shall be punished for the actions of one alliance. We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience, though it must be done.

[i]Signed,[/i]
[b]The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism[/b]

Edited by Biazt

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My stomach is churning and i feel like i need a shower, I must have just agreed with something GOONS said...
I need pepto

Because NATO is a failure, you decide to force harsher reps on future war combatants? This policy makes next to no sense. You should force NATO to pay, either through further war or imposing deadlines on them.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='16 May 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1274040002' post='2300152']
Why not roll them for beach of terms?
[/quote]

We're Goon's only beach buddies thank you very much.

Dammit, GOONs.

Now everyone's going to be completely inept at their reps payments hoping that they are forgiven so people don't have to deal with their idiocy.

Do you know how many headaches you just caused the rest of us?

Otherwise, Hahaha, this is golden.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='16 May 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1274040049' post='2300154']
Because NATO is a failure, you decide to force harsher reps on future war combatants? This policy makes next to no sense.
[/quote]How do you figure? They took advantage of our kindness. So, in the future, we're not going to allow that to be possible. That's how business is done - rules get abused, the rules get tightened and thus future people are punished.

It's really not our fault. It's just something that has to be done.

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='16 May 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1274040002' post='2300152']
[/quote]

They ran out of suncreen? and as everyone knows GOONs cant go out in the daylight.

Sad to see an alliance fail to meet the terms they agreed to.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='16 May 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1274040049' post='2300154']
Because NATO is a failure, you decide to force harsher reps on future war combatants? This policy makes next to no sense. You should force NATO to pay, either through further war or imposing deadlines on them.
[/quote]

Ditto. It makes sense to be stricter on enforcing terms and payments, but to transfer your losses to future combatants who may be thousands of times more honorable than NATO seems like a strange policy.

Btw, that picture in the OP is awesome.

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='PrinceArutha' date='16 May 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1274040274' post='2300167']
They ran out of suncreen? and as everyone knows GOONs cant go out in the daylight.
[/quote]

Must remember to proof read moor often!

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='16 May 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1274040002' post='2300152']
[/quote]

They appear to lack the ability to get their top (read: most exprienced) nations to conduct regular movements of foreign aid. This suggests that attacking them would:

1. Be the functional to clubbing baby seals. A war is much harder to manage than aid, and they're pretty terrible at aid.
2. Result in a six month delay while we attempted to coach them through a second peace process. We don't have that kind of time on our hands.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='16 May 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1274039738' post='2300144']
I feel bad that their incompetence has robbed you of your rightful compensation.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Reparations have always been a wuss move. If you enter into a war expect to take some damage. If you don't like it, join GPA. Of course never have expected much from GOONS.

Anyway, I would echo the sentiments of JB, but I really doubt any reps imposed on other alliances will have anything to do with this. This is just GOONS trying to stir up trouble and act big. In short this announcement simply says they're sick of waiting on NATO to pay reps.[/color]

[quote name='Canik' date='16 May 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1274041178' post='2300199']
o/ NATO

Way to get those suckers to let you off without paying. *high fives*

This GOON announcement is 2nd only to the one where I was told to get out, and I'm next. :)
[/quote]

Stay classy, Canik.