GOONS Reparations Announcement

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Geoffron X' date='16 May 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1274047089' post='2300378']
So, wait. How much was NATO away from finishing their terms?
[/quote]
About 11 million.

[quote name='Geoffron X' date='17 May 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1274047089' post='2300378']
So, wait. How much was NATO away from finishing their terms?
[/quote]

11m out of 125m as per numbers seen on this thread. [b]NATO has paid [u]92%[/u] of the reps[/b] apparently.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' date='16 May 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1274047314' post='2300385']
11m out of 125m as per numbers seen on this thread. [b]NATO has paid [u]92%[/u] of the reps[/b] apparently. GOONS also appear to be oblivious of the pattern they're complaining about.
[/quote]
Ayup. You'd think that if GOONS were legitimately concerned with the speed of reps payment, they'd have complained before 92% of it was sent out/
[ooc]Hey GOONS, maybe you should've hunt down SA members form NATO and harassed them on those boards until NATO sped up payments. It helped you solve your problems with Methrage, right?[ooc]

[quote name='Biazt' date='17 May 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1274046663' post='2300370']
NATO did not propose any timetable, so obviously we did not agree to it. Until NATO posted in this thread we weren't even aware they using using a SINGLE nation to pay reps, and thus how much a cycle is. So no, we did not know there was one cycle left.
[/quote]

So you didnt set out these details with NATO? and after they've paid 92% of the reps, you decide to barge in with 'Speed it up' attitude? Then you complain you weren't treated well? and turns out you're not even sure of the pattern you're complaining about.

Now you know there's one cycle left, you can spare the drama.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='heggo' date='16 May 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1274047619' post='2300396']
Ayup. You'd think that if GOONS were legitimately concerned with the speed of reps payment, they'd have complained before 92% of it was sent out/
[ooc]Hey GOONS, maybe you should've hunt down SA members form NATO and harassed them on those boards until NATO sped up payments. It helped you solve your problems with Methrage, right?[ooc]
[/quote]

We did. How many times do I have to say this? Have you read any part of the thread or even just the OP? WE CONTACTED NATO AND THEY SENT THE REPS [b]EVEN SLOWER[/b]. Is that clear enough?

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1274047730' post='2300402']
We did. How many times do I have to say this? Have you read any part of the thread or even just the OP? WE CONTACTED NATO AND THEY SENT THE REPS [b]EVEN SLOWER[/b]. Is that clear enough?

Also that's a nice OOC attack.
[/quote]
Repetition doesn't produce truth biazt. The very timing of your announcement proves that it is not in good faith, as if the testimony of NATO members and the fact that they've already paid 92% of their reps were not enough.

[ooc]Also, pointing out that your alliance is OOC abusing people pretty obviously isn't an OOC attack. It's just a statement of fact and a heads up to other people that may be at risk for it. Edit: I guess you could say I feel like I have a moral obligation to warn others of what danger may await them in dealing with you.[ooc]

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1274047730' post='2300402']

Also that's a nice OOC attack.
[/quote]

Actually, on average, we sped it up. We had done an initial surge of payments after the war, but when you contacted us our reps payment had trickled down to almost nothing, as we had just had elections and hadn't quite communicated over the reps details to incoming government (which we readily admit was through lack of caring). You contacted us, we set a schedule which your copilot apparently didn't communicate back to you (and for that I'm sorry; I wasn't aware he wasn't our contact for reps payments. But in our defense, he was the one who kept contacting us about it...but you know what they say about people who assume, I guess).

The only time we told you guys to fly a kite was when you asked for tech instead of money. :P

So let's see...we have GOONS bawwing over the speed of reparation payments, clear evidence that NATO didn't do any wrong particularly and now GOONS taking a public dump on NATO and then tell them they can keep the 8% of reparations they didn't collect yet.

Beyond that, we have GOONS threatening future enemies...should they win another war...mkay. :rolleyes:

To make matters even more fun we have GOONS allies spasmodically giving Dr. Strangelove-eseque salutes to GOONS without getting all the facts first.

How very, very droll. :smug:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='16 May 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1274048456' post='2300425']
To make matters even more fun we have GOONS allies spasmodically giving Dr. Strangelove-eseque salutes to GOONS without getting all the facts first.
How very, very droll. :smug:
[/quote]

Here are the facts, and I don't think NATO will disagree with this.

Reps are set at 125m on Feb 20th.
Reps are coming in very slowly, so on April 10th our CoPilot contacts NATO.
NATO rudely tells us that no time limit was set in the surrender terms and that they'll make us wait as long as they like.
NATO uses 1 nation to send reps every 10 days to pay reps.
Offended at how slowly NATO is still sending reps, we post this thread.

Would you like to dispute any of that? IRC Logs will back this up.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' date='16 May 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1274048569' post='2300430']
The best part about all this is an alliance the size of GOONs warning the Cyberverse about the terms they're going to impose next time. I'm sure everyone under 2 mil NS is devastated right now :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Now now, maybe if GOONS affixed themselves firmly enough on someone else's coattails, they could convince them to hike reps payments for them. I mean, I assume that's why GOONS is getting anything right now as it is.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='16 May 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1274048520' post='2300428']
Oh how the wicked will lie.
[/quote]
Please, point out the lies in the the OP.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' date='17 May 2010 - 03:23 AM' timestamp='1274048569' post='2300430']
The best part about all this is an alliance the size of GOONs warning the Cyberverse about the terms they're going to impose next time. I'm sure everyone under 2 mil NS is devastated right now :rolleyes:
[/quote]

11m has pushed Bob rep meter further towards draconian! NATO...look what you've done! :wacko:

On a serious note, Both sides should just settle up, NATO sends 11m in the next cycle to GOONS, shake hands, and both go there merry way.

[quote name='heggo' date='16 May 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1274048111' post='2300411']
Repetition doesn't produce truth biazt. The very timing of your announcement proves that it is not in good faith, as if the testimony of NATO members and the fact that they've already paid 92% of their reps were not enough.

Also, pointing out that your alliance is OOC abusing people pretty obviously isn't an OOC attack. It's just a statement of fact and a heads up to other people that may be at risk.
[/quote]

The only thing the timing of this announcement proves is that we've had such patience and waited such a long time for NATO to pay reps that by the time we posted this NATO nearly finished sending reps (at a snails pace).

So I'm just curious as to whether or not NSO members even actually _read_ threads they post in any more, or if their members are just told to go into threads with the word "GOONS" in the OP and go GOONS SUCK NEENER NEENER. Any guesses from anyone? No?

As for the constant wave of people thinking we're threatening people by our new terms, are you that daft? People abuse a system. The system gets changed with those loopholes closed. THAT'S HOW BUSINESS WORKS. Look at... Jesus, _anything_. That's just how the world works.

A company has a "one free pretzel" coupon given out in certain magazines. Someone comes in with like 700 of those and gets 700 free pretzels. Next time, those coupons say "Limit one per customer", or "Two for one deal" or something. Does this mean the future consumers of the pretzel get boned? Yes. Does it mean that first guy still also got 700 free pretzels? Yes because, while it was an obnoxious move on his part, it was our fault for leaving out that line in the first place.

Is this a simple enough explanation for you? Or shall I spell it out in playskool blocks next time to make sure it's simple enough for you all to understand?

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='Biazt' date='17 May 2010 - 03:29 AM' timestamp='1274048955' post='2300437']
The only thing the timing of this announcement proves is that we've had such patience and waited such a long time for NATO to pay reps that by the time we posted this NATO nearly finished sending reps (at a snails pace).
[/quote]

Only thing this announcement proves is that first you set an unlimited time for NATO to pay reps, and then later you wanted to back out of that agreement and go all drama when 8% of the payment that is due next cycle is left seeing how you knew one nation was being used as you claim to have logs to back it up.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='16 May 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1274049081' post='2300440']
I would honestly like to offer you a crying towel.
[/quote]
Ad hominems then? Stay classy, ChairmanHal.

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1274048731' post='2300432']
Would you like to dispute any of that? IRC Logs will back this up.
[/quote]
Those logs probably don't exist, so I'm not so worried by the threat of you dumping them.

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1274048955' post='2300437']
[/quote]
Proves your patient? This thread has been announced after the vast majority of terms have been paid. At best, this is petty vengeance, though it most likely is just base slander.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='16 May 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1274048931' post='2300436']
11m has pushed Bob rep meter further towards draconian! NATO...look what you've done! :wacko:

On a serious note, Both sides should just settle up, NATO sends 11m in the next cycle to GOONS, shake hands, and both go there merry way.
[/quote]

We're perfectly content with that arrangement. It's what we planned on doing anyway.

WELL GOONS...can we send you $11 mil next week or not?