GOONS Reparations Announcement

[quote name='shahenshah' date='16 May 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1274043543' post='2300274']
So GOONS wanted to change the agreed-upon terms despite no violations from NATO. Bad Show GOONS. With just [b]one[/b] cycle left for NATO to pay, this is just a clear PR attempt to malign NATO.

NATO, you should just send away the cycle anyway as a compliment to stop all the whining over nothing, maybe add in 1 or 2 tech for the lulz provided in the OP whine.
[/quote]
shahahaha proves his illiteracy once again

they [i]could[/i] pay in one cycle but at the rate they're going it would take many dozens of cycles

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='16 May 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1274044111' post='2300290']
Okay, then that is an internal issue with you guys, then. Because we set the schedule with your copilot. If your copilot did not communicate that back to you, then that's not our problem, is it?
[/quote]

Please show me the IRC logs that say you're going to have one nation send reps every 10 days.

Edit: Oh wait they don't exist.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='16 May 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1274044182' post='2300294']

they [i]could[/i] pay in one cycle but at the rate they're going it would take many dozens of cycles
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]They were no obligation to pay in one cycle. So, why should? Because it is nice and polite?[/color]

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='17 May 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1274044182' post='2300294']

[/quote]

Hmm...?
[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='17 May 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1274043659' post='2300279']
You came to us, we set a schedule. We were keeping that schedule; in fact the last cycle was yesterday. We had one cycle left.
[/quote]

Regardless, one cycle or dozen, thats what they all agreed to initially, and later even setup a new schedule to address issues raised by GOONS.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 May 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1274044691' post='2300307']
What percent of the reparations were paid?
[/quote]

I'm going to have to check with my MoC for reps logs, so please do not hold me for accuracy as I could be overestimating, but at most we had $11 mil left to pay.

This is absolutely ridiculous. While I'm sure we can all agree that NATO isn't the most competent alliance on Digiterra, it is ludicrous that anyone would use that as a cheap excuse to raise reparations for future opponents, while at the same time having the gall to portray themselves as merciful for having waived the current reps.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='16 May 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1274043426' post='2300269']
You obviously have not had the pleasure of talking Anu Drake out of something when he [i]really[/i] wants to do it.
[/quote]
All you have to do is pay for it yourself. If he pays some it's fine, but he still won't be doing the legwork and it gets done in a quick and orderly fashion.

[quote name='zenergy' date='16 May 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1274045058' post='2300320']
Lol, another poor show from GOONS. If you were so serious about this then why wait until there was only one cycle left? Why would you pay to troll the OWF when you can do it for free?
[/quote]

It's a good thing you don't read the thread. We already contacted them :v:

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='16 May 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1274043395' post='2300266']
Indeed, this move does not make much sense. If NATO really did take advantage of you, why are you placing their burden onto the losers of the next war in which you win? Why not make NATO pay faster?
[/quote]

Because its seems GOONS did not give a time table so they could not. They are complaining about NATO following the terms they themselves set. So it seems this is GOONS just saying they will set a time limit next time. They are slanting it of course as a PR move againt NATO but, I am not sure anyone will buy it because if GOONS had NATO breaking terms they would be doing more then moaning about it. So GOONS set terms without a time limit and NATO is paying but, not as fast as GOONS wants and now GOONS is saying they will set a time limit if they win anymore wars. And that about sums it up just with more crying and complaining.

[quote]Relations remain amiable between the alliance[/quote]

You basically go on this entire rant on NATO and say our "relations remain amiable."

That's hilarious. Yes we love GOONS so much, I enjoyed giving reps to you and you basically calling our allies, i.e blood brothers, a terrible alliance. :rolleyes:

[quote name='The AUT' date='16 May 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1274045846' post='2300348']
You basically go on this entire rant on NATO and say our "relations remain amiable."

That's hilarious. Yes we love GOONS so much, I enjoyed giving reps to you and you basically calling our allies, i.e blood brothers, a terrible alliance. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Relations with your gov since the war have in fact been amiable, obviously the AUT speaks for all of TFD though :smug:

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1274045990' post='2300353']
Relations with your gov since the war have in fact been amiable, obviously the AUT speaks for all of TFD though :smug:
[/quote]

Is that what they tell you? :gag:

[quote name='The AUT' date='16 May 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1274045846' post='2300348']

[/quote]

You didn't because only TFD government payed the reparations to GOONS :P

Other than that, there are some words that occur me in front of the said situation pertaining NATO reparations timetable payment. Incompetence is not one of them. I'd call Anu Drake epic even :blush:

Besides, what is really the point of waiving 11 million out of a 125 million universe? :blink:

Edited by Lusitan

You can only spin so much GOONS. You gave no timetable, agreed to the one NATO proposed, and now are whining about it when only one aid cycle is left. Even knowing nothing else, the timing here should be enough to give away to any reasonable human that this is merely an attempt at alliance-wide character assassination.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Lusitan' date='16 May 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1274046298' post='2300359']
You didn't because only TFD government payed the reparations to GOONS :P

Other than that, there are some words that occur me in front of the said situation pertaining NATO reparations timetable payment. Incompetence is not one of them.

Besides, what is really the point of waiving 11 million out of a 125 million universe? :blink:
[/quote]

Well maybe TFD government shouldn't be so competent :mad:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 May 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1274043721' post='2300281']
[color="#0000FF"]Yes NATO, you should be very grateful that GOONS only extorted so much money from you.

Anyway, I'm noticing a pattern. A night or two ago we had GOD, GOONS, and RIA harassing UPN because one of their members was helping the new Facepunch alliance organize. They were unhappy they didn't get a new tech farm and ally so they decided to make an incident out of in the hopes of generating a CB.

Now we have GOONS and their backers making an incident over nothing. Again. How shocking! NATO had one cycle left to go before reps were paid. GOONS instead cancels the reps in order to make NATO bad despite them having done nothing. Seems to me they want an excuse to hit NATO or FEAR, two alliances which they have openly threatened in the past.

You people can deny this all you want saying you don't have a history of beat downs, but you had TOP as a counter to you. You couldn't make such moves without having to worry about repercussions. Now TOP is beaten and you can do whatever you want with no consequences. This is why we now have you harassing these beaten alliances for no reason. It feels good doesn't it? Being able to do whatever you want. Why soon enough maybe we will see a beat down. Wouldn't that be lovely. Then you finally will be guilty of what the NPO did during its time on top.

This is what power does. It allows thuggery like this to take place. If any of you are disgusted by what you see taking place here, hope for a countering power to the currently uncontested security network. And for those decent people still remaining, if you are not yet disgusted by what you see and in denial over what is going on, I tell you that sooner or later you will have to wake up to the truth. Karma changed nothing except for faces and names.[/color]
[/quote]

Hey look, a wall of text that has no original content. Just the same boring accusations you and many others have been hurling in our direction and our allies direction for the past year. Would you give it a rest? or at least come up with something new. It's like using the word -gate as a suffix for political disasters only longer and asinine.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='heggo' date='16 May 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1274046359' post='2300360']
You can only spin so much GOONS. You gave no timetable, agreed to the one NATO proposed, and now are whining about it when only one aid cycle is left. Even knowing nothing else, the timing here should be enough to give away to any reasonable human that this is merely an attempt at alliance-wide character assassination.
[/quote]

NATO did not propose any timetable, so obviously we did not agree to it. Until NATO posted in this thread we weren't even aware they using using a SINGLE nation to pay reps, and thus how much a cycle is. So no, we did not know there was one cycle left.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='16 May 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1274046576' post='2300366']
Shoulda let me write the terms :smug:
[/quote]

Something tells me if you wrote the terms we'd have FAN 2.0's all over the place.

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1274046663' post='2300370']
snip
[/quote]
All I got out of this is that you're terrible at both noticing patterns and at asking other people about what they're doing.

Edited by heggo