Joint New Polar Order/Ragnarok Announcement

[quote]Good job, doggie. Now bring more of your friends. This is getting kind of lonely.[/quote]

lol...seriously some of you guys from the NSO are carrying on like a sad little 15 year old boy who's ex-girl friend just rocked up to the prom with a new date. Get over it...and since theres a tally going...

o/ RoK
o/ NpO
o/ \m/ (yeah i love you crazy !@#$%^&* too :wub: )
o/ Superfriends

Edited by King Wally

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='01 April 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1270109275' post='2243480']
Good job, doggie. Now bring more of your friends. This is getting kind of lonely.
[/quote]

My dearest Mussolandia, my former friends and allies at NSO and Ivan, I humbly and sincerely apologize if my actions during recent times have disappointed you. I made some calls that perhaps I shouldn't have and I know some of these calls had a negative effect on your alliance. Funnily enough, I have never sought you out to troll you every time some of your calls had a negative impact on me or my alliance, I just worked hard to prevent issues developing quietly, dealing with my frustrations privately. I guess some of us have a different view of how it goes down I guess. I hereby sincerely apologize for the things I actually did wrong to you, which were several and serious.

You will note however that I have ZERO issue with peacing out in the GOD/VE front, you had deliberately, systematically and vigorously breached every basic tenet of friendship and brotherhood by that time. Your continual arrogance, deliberate mixed messages and blatant martyrdom exceeded even what I was prepared to accept from an ally. As for the rest, you made your choices to be heroes when a scintilla of humility and good sportsmanship would have seen you walk away like everyone else. You are entitled to your own stances and positions, but I am also free to regard them as being serious conceited.

Enjoy the world you have made for yourself, Penguin will do his best to undo the damages I caused, but Polaris at least will not be burdened with a collection of people destined to their own self-martyrdom. I have made mistakes, I am happy to take the criticism that comes with those mistakes, but trolling a treaty is surely beneath someone of your apparent magnitude.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 April 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1270111008' post='2243499']
My dearest Mussolandia, my former friends and allies at NSO and Ivan, I humbly and sincerely apologize if my actions during recent times have disappointed you. I made some calls that perhaps I shouldn't have and I know some of these calls had a negative effect on your alliance. Funnily enough, I have never sought you out to troll you every time some of your calls had a negative impact on me or my alliance, I just worked hard to prevent issues developing quietly, dealing with my frustrations privately. I guess some of us have a different view of how it goes down I guess. I hereby sincerely apologize for the things I actually did wrong to you, which were several and serious.

You will note however that I have ZERO issue with peacing out in the GOD/VE front, you had deliberately, systematically and vigorously breached every basic tenet of friendship and brotherhood by that time. Your continual arrogance, deliberate mixed messages and blatant martyrdom exceeded even what I was prepared to accept from an ally. As for the rest, you made your choices to be heroes when a scintilla of humility and good sportsmanship would have seen you walk away like everyone else. You are entitled to your own stances and positions, but I am also free to regard them as being serious conceited.

Enjoy the world you have made for yourself, Penguin will do his best to undo the damages I caused, but Polaris at least will not be burdened with a collection of people destined to their own self-martyrdom. I have made mistakes, I am happy to take the criticism that comes with those mistakes, but trolling a treaty is surely beneath someone of your apparent magnitude.
[/quote]
You and I need to have tea sometime.

[quote name='heggo' date='31 March 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1270093538' post='2242992']
It hasn't happened. My guess is that they'll invent a story blaming the whole ordeal on us before they apologize. Actually, that's not a guess. They sent a diplomat over to us to tell us that. Not kidding.
[/quote]
Of course I regret that things ended the way they did between us. I don't personally have any interest in passing the blame onto you (or anyone for that matter) and I can't remember a time when I ever enjoyed doing so. That said, there will always be people on all sides (including mine) who won't rest until all blame has been detailed, quantified, and apportioned amongst the parties. It's only natural that they will disagree on certain details and if they are really meticulous may continue to fight every last syllable. They are welcome to carry on with it, but I don't care to. It doesn't matter to me if [i]you [/i]did anything wrong or not, you were still a friend that was hurt and I will always be sorry for our role in that no matter who was at fault. On the other hand, I do see value in identifying all the places where my alliance did the wrong thing so that I can try to make better choices for her in the future. Feel free to drop me a line if you have some tips, or just blurt them out; I might as well get used to it.

I have a feeling that no apology is actually going to make you feel any better. I can't change the past. Perhaps I'll find a way to make tangible amends one day, but until then we'll just have to carry on with our lives and see where they lead. Hopefully you can carry on yours with slightly less malice having my apology that you were hurt tucked away, but I don't think emotional pain can be cured so easily. Take care nonetheless.

Now onto the purpose of this announcement. This is about a friendship that has existed for a long time between Polaris and Ragnarok. I was very pleased to see it survive some of the craziest events I've been through in a long while even if the treaty couldn't. I'm doubly pleased to see the treaty back too.

Not according to my screen. However, I suppose it is probably a timezone issue and would be a moot point to debate over, so I'll leave it. As for my commentary on this thread in general, I'll give a

HEARTY HAIL TO NpO and RoK! o/

And a hearty (if not uncouth) "fail" to the people who have nothing better to do but whine about such a treaty, or the past in general.

[quote name='Thomas Grimshaw' date='01 April 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1270112987' post='2243515']
Not according to my screen. However, I suppose it is probably a timezone issue and would be a moot point to debate over, so I'll leave it. As for my commentary on this thread in general, I'll give a

HEARTY HAIL TO NpO and RoK! o/

And a hearty (if not uncouth) "fail" to the people who have nothing better to do but whine about such a treaty, or the past in general.
[/quote]

I know it is a timezone issue :P. But anyways if it's real, I think this is way too early considering what NpO did to RoK over the last couple of months. Looks like a battered-housewife syndrome to me.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='01 April 2010 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1270113175' post='2243516']
I know it is a timezone issue :P. But anyways if it's real, I think this is way too early considering what NpO did to RoK over the last couple of months. Looks like a battered-housewife syndrome to me.
[/quote]

In future, please choose from the following equally legitimate but much more interesting "psychology" options:

Stockholm syndrom
Munchhausen syndom
Cybernationitis
Boogiewoogie flu

It's sad that some differences of opinion lead to bitterness. It's joyful when the relationship can be repaired. Given the choice between water under the bridge and lurking under the bridge, I choose the former.

o/Polaris

Utter, and complete slap in the face to \m/. You chose Polar over us. They still want us dead and have made no attempt whatsoever at mending relations with us. Yet, you still felt the need to get back into bed, and even throw in an OPTIONAL AGGRESSION CLAUSE.

You can guess my next move, here. :)

[quote name='Starfox101' date='01 April 2010 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1270122190' post='2243573']
Utter, and complete slap in the face to \m/. You chose Polar over us. They still want us dead and have made no attempt whatsoever at mending relations with us. Yet, you still felt the need to get back into bed, and even throw in an OPTIONAL AGGRESSION CLAUSE.

[/quote]

[quote]I am pleased to announce that after much discussion and with positive input from our allies in \m/, [/quote]

So then Hoo was lying?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='01 April 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1270122579' post='2243579']
So then Hoo was lying?
[/quote]
Depends. There's partial approval from Triumvirate and government, and a partial eyebrow raising at the deliberate lack of respect for \m/. We love RoK, this is just an amazingly disrespectful move.

I was never consulted by RoK. (Not faulting them, I've been off IRC due to OOC reasons: Childbirth, but I've still been on \m/ forums daily. I was within reach, and I would have informed them of my discontent for this treaty, though it would have been resigned anyway.)

Edited by Starfox101

[quote name='Starfox101' date='01 April 2010 - 07:53 AM' timestamp='1270122816' post='2243581']
Depends. There's partial approval from Triumvirate and government, and a partial eyebrow raising at the deliberate lack of respect for \m/. We love RoK, this is just an amazingly disrespectful move.

I was never consulted by RoK. (Not faulting them, I've been off IRC due to OOC reasons: Childbirth, but I've still been on \m/ forums daily. I was within reach, and I would have informed them of my discontent for this treaty, though it would have been resigned anyway.)
[/quote]

[i]OOC: Congrats to you on what I would assume is a very happy event.[/i]

IC...

If a significant portion of your government gave a nod of approval to the treaty, then they've decided to put the memory of first phase of the current war behind them in favor of maintaining good relations with Rok and perhaps because they wish to explore further good relations with NpO down the road.

Your anger at the treaty is however understandable. If I were \m/, I would have concerns about what would happen if an ally of NpO (or NpO itself) decided to attack \m/ in the future. Will Rok simply stand by once again due to conflicting treaties? I might even feel the need for a 'Plan B' where my treaties were concerned in case of just such a scenario.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 April 2010 - 03:37 AM' timestamp='1270111008' post='2243499']

[/quote]

So, let me get this straight.

You're pissed off at us for being TOO GOOD of an ally?

I believe this alone speaks volumes for how Polaris treats its treaty partners. Shame, really. I used to have respect for you guys way back when. But to be honest, I'm not sure who's getting the short end of the political stick here, seeing as some of RoK's members actually condone the actions being taken by GRE a few topics over.

I have no hails for anyone, here. I feel equally bad for you both.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='01 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1270125763' post='2243608']
[i]OOC: Congrats to you on what I would assume is a very happy event.[/i]

IC...

If a significant portion of your government gave a nod of approval to the treaty, then they've decided to put the memory of first phase of the current war behind them in favor of maintaining good relations with Rok and perhaps because they wish to explore further good relations with NpO down the road.

Your anger at the treaty is however understandable. If I were \m/, I would have concerns about what would happen if an ally of NpO (or NpO itself) decided to attack \m/ in the future. Will Rok simply stand by once again due to conflicting treaties? I might even feel the need for a 'Plan B' where my treaties were concerned in case of just such a scenario.
[/quote]
The memory is not put to rest, and Polar has made no attempts at fixing this. Not any.

Why RoK put themselves in this position again, I don't know.

Nice to see relations with Rok were able to be maintained on some level throughout this last few months and we were able to continue talking and working to get back to a place where the treaty could be signed again.

o/ Rok

[quote name='Starfox101' date='01 April 2010 - 06:43 AM' timestamp='1270122190' post='2243573']

[/quote]
We do? I don't think anyone's given \m/ all that much thought for the last couple months, let alone enough to consider continuing any sort of grudge you continue to say we hold towards your alliance. You can't seriously be [i]that[/i] paranoid, can you?

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='01 April 2010 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1270128220' post='2243628']
I notice that Penguin hasn't signed this, and it was posted on 1st April. I'm going to come back tomorrow and see if this thread is still standing.
[/quote]

Correction . He did sign it.

[quote]Emperor Penguin of the New Polar Order, Bird of Flight, Imperial Fish Taste-Tester Emeritus, Tailor of Seal Coats, Waddler of the Arctic Skies, Theoretical Ichthyologist, Also responds to Punguin.[/quote]