Joint New Polar Order/Ragnarok Announcement

Good to see this treaty resigned.

o/ RoK!
o/ Polaris!

@Starfox - since the start of this conflict we've made it clear that we didn't want to kill \m/ . If you will, accept my invitation and meet me in irc so we can chat a bit. Also [OOC]congrats on your newborn, I hope everything is going well[/ooc]

Edited by Carfre Inpor

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' date='01 April 2010 - 08:46 AM' timestamp='1270125959' post='2243611']
So, let me get this straight.

You're pissed off at us for being TOO GOOD of an ally?

I believe this alone speaks volumes for how Polaris treats its treaty partners. Shame, really. I used to have respect for you guys way back when. But to be honest, I'm not sure who's getting the short end of the political stick here, seeing as some of RoK's members actually condone the actions being taken by GRE a few topics over.

I have no hails for anyone, here. I feel equally bad for you both.
[/quote]

I have no idea how anything AlmightyGrub said could in any way be construed as supporting the position you have just raised. The fact that you are able to even arrive at that conclusion is concerning to me, and as a friend of more than one psychologist in training I personally urge you to get yourself checked out, as distortions of reality at that level can be indicative of a serious underlying disorder.

Furthermore, I am thoroughly impressed with my government's and my former government's patience in dealing with NSO during and after the conflict. If anything, the sheer force of will they displayed in doing so has shown the world just how worthy of an ally we really are, as I can think of very, very few other alliances who could get us to cancel a treaty with them by sheer force of stubbornness.

Also I want to assure you that I am in no way impressed with your post and that my decision to counter-troll is related to a more general desire to counter-troll your trolling in this thread as an alliance, and I was unfortunate enough to get here late.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 April 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1270111008' post='2243499']
My dearest Mussolandia, my former friends and allies at NSO and Ivan, I humbly and sincerely apologize if my actions during recent times have disappointed you. I made some calls that perhaps I shouldn't have and I know some of these calls had a negative effect on your alliance. Funnily enough, I have never sought you out to troll you every time some of your calls had a negative impact on me or my alliance, I just worked hard to prevent issues developing quietly, dealing with my frustrations privately. I guess some of us have a different view of how it goes down I guess. I hereby sincerely apologize for the things I actually did wrong to you, which were several and serious.

You will note however that I have ZERO issue with peacing out in the GOD/VE front, you had deliberately, systematically and vigorously breached every basic tenet of friendship and brotherhood by that time. Your continual arrogance, deliberate mixed messages and blatant martyrdom exceeded even what I was prepared to accept from an ally. As for the rest, you made your choices to be heroes when a scintilla of humility and good sportsmanship would have seen you walk away like everyone else. You are entitled to your own stances and positions, but I am also free to regard them as being serious conceited.

Enjoy the world you have made for yourself, Penguin will do his best to undo the damages I caused, but Polaris at least will not be burdened with a collection of people destined to their own self-martyrdom. I have made mistakes, I am happy to take the criticism that comes with those mistakes, but trolling a treaty is surely beneath someone of your apparent magnitude.
[/quote]
Stick your half-assed apology... Well up your $@! Grub.

Oh, Penguin did sign it, indeed. Damn the Polar tradition of having a signature so long I mistook it for a clause <_<

Well, if it's real, it casts serious doubt on Ragnarok's judgement (and not for the first time recently).

[quote name='kevin32891' date='02 April 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1270130433' post='2243661']
Stick your half-assed apology... Well up your $@! Grub.
[/quote]

The apology is not half-assed. It is simply qualified and justifiably IMO. You contribute to your own situation as much as anything I ever did or was perceived to have done. Do keep revising history though, it suits you. Arrogant and belligerent to the end, gotta love the Sith.

I was mad at you when you cancelled on us, but you obligations you had to look after and we sorta pissed you off. I am extremely happy to see this treaty re-signed and may it never have to be resigned again!

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='01 April 2010 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1270122579' post='2243579']
So then Hoo was lying?
[/quote]
Hoo was not lying. One of our Tri was fine with it, one grudgingly said "whatever" out of respect for RoK and the last one, well you have already seen his response.

IMO, who RoK treaties with is their own business, as I said earlier I hope this goes well for them. While I spot on agree with the comments made by our dear friends in PC, Hoo did say I could come over to RoK parties and shoot spit balls at Polars, so I am placated.

@ other comments in this thread about us being paranoid, consider the history between our alliances, then read comments made by polar members about \m/ over the last month and then tell us why we shouldn't be paranoid. Personally, if the opportunity ever came up to assist directly in the killing of NpO you should damn well know I would highly advocate jumping at it, and there lies the problem for RoK being treatied to both \m/ and NpO. Who knows, maybe Hoo can pull off a miracle and one day \m/ and NpO will become BFF's and ride golden unicorns together on clouds of cotton candy.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='01 April 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1270106531' post='2243441']
The Standard "Musso response" is the same standard your alliance held to for years. Glad you could bring it up. I served all Polar emperors to the best of my ability. My record is not on question here, it is far better than yours. I gave up a lot more for Polar than you ever have. Even in the last war. Laughable.

The fact this treaty existed before the war and was dissolved because of it proves your alliance and Ragnarok are incompatible. The only way this treaty gains compatibility is if you abandon your own goals and submit to theirs.

You declared on two RoK direct allies because you disliked them. They don't share your vision. Either you've abandoned that vision (which, judging by your pathetic behavior on the last war, might be true) or they've folded onto yours. Considering your weak position in this new world of ours, I find this improbable.
[/quote]

Alright, let's do this then.

"I hate NpO! I am going to make that known to everyone all the time!"
"Get over your victim complex."
"No, I hate NpO! I am going to make that know to everyone all the time!"
"You didn't actually respond to my point about excessive self-pity"
"That's because I have done more in the game than you have rah rah rah"

That's as far as I can trace this line of dialog. I raised a point, you responded with "no u," I called you on it, and instead you go [i]ad hominem[/i]. Real sexy, buddy. I suppose your goal here is to sour Sith-Polar relations even more. But go ahead, I'm handing you a soapbox, I anticipate your response will be something akin to: "[x buzzword from this post] is something Sith have never failed at [and thereby ignore the substance of this post and all of my other posts]. Instead, Polar chooses to urinate on the graves of tattered friendships with even more vigor. Drink up, Polaris." Propagandist of the Deed.

Your second point is simplification without evidence. The RoK-Polar treaty was canceled for obvious, public reasons and restored on account of renewed friendship. For example, Frostbite dissolved, but then a Polar-NSO treaty took its place. Briefly, Polar and the Sith were without a treaty, as were Polar and Ragnarok. Did it indicate incompatibility? No, simply outstanding political circumstances.

One declaration was the direct response of a series of insults. The second declaration was to assist your alliance in gaining peace, which at the time we didn't realize was fruitless, due to the same Victim complex I mentioned before. Woe is NSO, woe is you, woe is Ivan. Your tears won't rebuild your alliance's stature, with us or with anyone else. Keep crying, and maybe someone will throw you some pity points. In the meantime, you'll continue to look like some heartbroken wretch that can't understand why no one loves them.

[quote name='Proko' date='01 April 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1270136741' post='2243810']
Alright, let's do this then.

"I hate NpO! I am going to make that known to everyone all the time!"
"Get over your victim complex."
"No, I hate NpO! I am going to make that know to everyone all the time!"
"You didn't actually respond to my point about excessive self-pity"
"That's because I have done more in the game than you have rah rah rah"

That's as far as I can trace this line of dialog. I raised a point, you responded with "no u," I called you on it, and instead you go [i]ad hominem[/i]. Real sexy, buddy. I suppose your goal here is to sour Sith-Polar relations even more. But go ahead, I'm handing you a soapbox, I anticipate your response will be something akin to: "[x buzzword from this post] is something Sith have never failed at [and thereby ignore the substance of this post and all of my other posts]. Instead, Polar chooses to urinate on the graves of tattered friendships with even more vigor. Drink up, Polaris." Propagandist of the Deed.

Your second point is simplification without evidence. The RoK-Polar treaty was canceled for obvious, public reasons and restored on account of renewed friendship. For example, Frostbite dissolved, but then a Polar-NSO treaty took its place. Briefly, Polar and the Sith were without a treaty, as were Polar and Ragnarok. Did it indicate incompatibility? No, simply outstanding political circumstances.

One declaration was the direct response of a series of insults. The second declaration was to assist your alliance in gaining peace, which at the time we didn't realize was fruitless, due to the same Victim complex I mentioned before. Woe is NSO, woe is you, woe is Ivan. Your tears won't rebuild your alliance's stature, with us or with anyone else. Keep crying, and maybe someone will throw you some pity points. In the meantime, you'll continue to look like some heartbroken wretch that can't understand why no one loves them.
[/quote]

Woah there, your first declaration in which you say was a response to insults is !@#$%^&*, Grub is the one that started threatening and your members were the first to hurl insults, I suggest you re-read Alterego's thread that go the ball rolling. NpO treated NSO like garbage, who are you to hold NSO to what their acceptable terms should be, considering they were in a war over NpO's ego to start with?
What a day, now I find myself defending Musso's position know full well he hates us as much as NpO.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 April 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1270111008' post='2243499']
[b]you had deliberately, systematically and vigorously breached every basic tenet of friendship and brotherhood by that time.[/b]
[/quote]
I'd love to hear how we did this before and during the war. Nice try on the spin that we betrayed you.
What angers me is that you signed a treaty with RoK who supported the crap you caused a war over against \m/. You talked about morals before and during the war. And that doesn't make you a moralist, it makes you full of !@#$.

[quote name='Swiper' date='01 April 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1270129904' post='2243652']
I have no idea how anything AlmightyGrub said could in any way be construed as supporting the position you have just raised. The fact that you are able to even arrive at that conclusion is concerning to me, and as a friend of more than one psychologist in training I personally urge you to get yourself checked out, as distortions of reality at that level can be indicative of a serious underlying disorder.

Furthermore, I am thoroughly impressed with my government's and my former government's patience in dealing with NSO during and after the conflict. If anything, the sheer force of will they displayed in doing so has shown the world just how worthy of an ally we really are, as I can think of very, very few other alliances who could get us to cancel a treaty with them by sheer force of stubbornness.

Also I want to assure you that I am in no way impressed with your post and that my decision to counter-troll is related to a more general desire to counter-troll your trolling in this thread as an alliance, and I was unfortunate enough to get here late.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure saying that we "martyred" too much, and saying that we chose to stick to both our loins and our treaty and follow through with it, or, as Grub put it, being a "hero", one could draw that conclusion.

You went behind our backs and betrayed the spirit of our treaty to go and declare war on someone who was [b]bigger[/b] than who you said was "too big" before. Not to mention the military blunder that was declaring on GOD, a meatshield, in a sense, but that's neither here nor there, I suppose. And you say your government is the one that required the patience? Absolutely despicable.

Also, the mere fact that you felt the urge to counter-troll shows that our trolling was effective :smug:

EDIT: Cleaned up some syntax errors.

Edited by Jake Liebenow

My dearest Mussolandia, my former friends and allies at NSO and Ivan, I humbly and sincerely apologize if my actions during recent times have disappointed you. I made some calls that perhaps I shouldn't have and I know some of these calls had a negative effect on your alliance. Funnily enough, I have never sought you out to troll you every time some of your calls had a negative impact on me or my alliance, I just worked hard to prevent issues developing quietly, dealing with my frustrations privately. I guess some of us have a different view of how it goes down I guess. I hereby sincerely apologize for the things I actually did wrong to you, which were several and serious.

You will note however that I have ZERO issue with peacing out in the GOD/VE front, you had deliberately, systematically and vigorously breached every basic tenet of friendship and brotherhood by that time. Your continual arrogance, deliberate mixed messages and blatant martyrdom exceeded even what I was prepared to accept from an ally. As for the rest, you made your choices to be heroes when a scintilla of humility and good sportsmanship would have seen you walk away like everyone else. You are entitled to your own stances and positions, but I am also free to regard them as being serious conceited.

Enjoy the world you have made for yourself, Penguin will do his best to undo the damages I caused, but Polaris at least will not be burdened with a collection of people destined to their own self-martyrdom. I have made mistakes, I am happy to take the criticism that comes with those mistakes, but trolling a treaty is surely beneath someone of your apparent magnitude.
[/quote]

I can walk through a lot of crap in these boots, but you're testing my limits. You lied to us, misrepresented your actions, and on multiple occasions belligerently refused to provide explanation. This, more than any other is the crux of the issue. It is a personal issue I have with you. No amount of b ending the truth to shift the blame will restore your character. Unfortunately a little bit of communication and we may not be having this conversation. Further if you had felt so wronged by my alliance you could have canceled our agreement. In the end, it was us who did so. Not until after this happened did I begin to hear complaints of disagreeable acts on the part of my alliance. Frankly, based on prior experiences I have no inclination of taking your words as nothing more than an elaborate story in an attempt to save face. Fortunately, I have the utmost trust that Penguin will be able to lead Polaris forward. I welcome him to contact me personally if he feels there are any standing issues between our alliances. As for you... I'm done with you.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='01 April 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1270139231' post='2243877']
I can walk through a lot of crap in these boots, but you're testing my limits. You lied to us, misrepresented your actions, and on multiple occasions belligerently refused to provide explanation. This, more than any other is the crux of the issue. It is a personal issue I have with you. No amount of b ending the truth to shift the blame will restore your character. Unfortunately a little bit of communication and we may not be having this conversation. Further if you had felt so wronged by my alliance you could have canceled our agreement. In the end, it was us who did so. Not until after this happened did I begin to hear complaints of disagreeable acts on the part of my alliance. Frankly, based on prior experiences I have no inclination of taking your words as nothing more than an elaborate story in an attempt to save face. Fortunately, I have the utmost trust that Penguin will be able to lead Polaris forward. I welcome him to contact me personally if he feels there are any standing issues between our alliances. As for you... I'm done with you.
[/quote]
Dude, how many Emperors does Polaris have to go through before people start to realize there is no "leading Polaris forward" They have always and will always crap on everyone around them.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='01 April 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1270139411' post='2243886']
Dude, how many Emperors does Polaris have to go through before people start to realize there is no "leading Polaris forward" They have always and will always crap on everyone around them.
[/quote]

This only serves as motivation to my comrades and I -- motivation to prove the critics wrong.

Onward Polaris!

[quote name='Coursca' date='01 April 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1270140083' post='2243906']
This only serves as motivation to my comrades and I -- motivation to prove the critics wrong.

Onward Polaris!
[/quote]

Then I implore you, do so. You're off to a resoundingly successful start.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='01 April 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1270137787' post='2243828']
Woah there, your first declaration in which you say was a response to insults is !@#$%^&*, Grub is the one that started threatening and your members were the first to hurl insults, I suggest you re-read Alterego's thread that go the ball rolling. NpO treated NSO like garbage, who are you to hold NSO to what their acceptable terms should be, considering they were in a war over NpO's ego to start with?
What a day, now I find myself defending Musso's position know full well he hates us as much as NpO.
[/quote]

They were in a war for IRON when we re-entered and they made that abundantly clear. It is not that they were presented with a single set of terms and rejected them - rather, they were presented with a single set of terms and changed their demands daily from willing to accept to taking issue with various points inconsistently.

Whether or not Grub threatened someone, or our members insulted someone, does not invalidate my point. NSO (or at least, Musso, heggo, and a few other token representatives) are treading water in an ocean of self-pity. If they want to constructively approach us, they know this isn't the right medium and that their tone is not the correct one - this is barely even the best thread to raise these issues. They're actively deteriorating Sith-Polar relations with unnecessary posts (i.e. Musso's accusation of failure to cheer - it was simply bait, and served as nothing but antagonism), and they refuse to even consider the possibility NSO was at fault for some of what transpired. "Polar betrayed us I can't do anything but complain about it and deflect posts that try and engage me in a rational discussion ahhhhhhh." Self. Pity. Real Sith Lords, with real Sith tears.

[quote name='Proko' date='01 April 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1270140273' post='2243911']
They were in a war for IRON when we re-entered and they made that abundantly clear. It is not that they were presented with a single set of terms and rejected them - rather, they were presented with a single set of terms and changed their demands daily from willing to accept to taking issue with various points inconsistently.

Whether or not Grub threatened someone, or our members insulted someone, does not invalidate my point. NSO (or at least, Musso, heggo, and a few other token representatives) are treading water in an ocean of self-pity. If they want to constructively approach us, they know this isn't the right medium and that their tone is not the correct one - this is barely even the best thread to raise these issues. They're actively deteriorating Sith-Polar relations with unnecessary posts (i.e. Musso's accusation of failure to cheer - it was simply bait, and served as nothing but antagonism), and they refuse to even consider the possibility NSO was at fault for some of what transpired. "Polar betrayed us I can't do anything but complain about it and deflect posts that try and engage me in a rational discussion ahhhhhhh." Self. Pity. Real Sith Lords, with real Sith tears.
[/quote]
If you haven't noticed there is a distinct lack of cheer for this announcement.
On the NSO subject, NSO never would have been at war if it wasn't for the ego of NpO. You guys started a massive global conflict over a issue that had been resolved long before you stumbled on it.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='01 April 2010 - 10:29 AM' timestamp='1270135740' post='2243784']
@ other comments in this thread about us being paranoid, consider the history between our alliances, then read comments made by polar members about \m/ over the last month and then tell us why we shouldn't be paranoid. Personally, if the opportunity ever came up to assist directly in the killing of NpO you should damn well know I would highly advocate jumping at it, and there lies the problem for RoK being treatied to both \m/ and NpO. Who knows, maybe Hoo can pull off a miracle and one day \m/ and NpO will become BFF's and ride golden unicorns together on clouds of cotton candy.
[/quote]
You are being paranoid because we have a lot of work to do in the wake of this war and creating tension (real or imagined) between your alliance are ours is not on the To-do list. :)

[quote name='D34th' date='01 April 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1270140343' post='2243914']
NSO and \m/ hating Polaris together is amusing.
[/quote]
Polaris has a long history of !@#$ting on and laughing at former treaty partners, oh look, you just mentioned two of them.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='01 April 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1270140761' post='2243927']
Polaris has a long history of !@#$ting on and laughing at former treaty partners, oh look, you just mentioned two of them.
[/quote]

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

[quote name='D34th' date='01 April 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1270140343' post='2243914']
NSO and \m/ hating Polaris together is amusing.
[/quote]

I do not hate Polaris, I am unhappy with past decisions and have not yet been given a reason to begin rebuilding the trust that was lost.