Joint New Polar Order/Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='31 March 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1270093588' post='2242996']
I am indeed glad that my allies have found each other again at last.
[/quote]
But why no tears, we can cry together and drink a pint.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='31 March 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1270093143' post='2242981']
Nah, you're doing that all by yourselves. This treaty is a great example of pity. Supercomplaints take care of their wounded dog.

At least they know how to run the show. When you tried, you failed. You are mediocre. You are followers. Follow their lead.

EDIT: out for the night, but you can bet I'll be back later :)
[/quote]

There are all kinds of ways to respond to this post.

One way would be to point out the weak "no u" that is the first sentence followed by a standard Musso response. Sure, the rest has the pleasant vitriol, but it fails as a response to my accusation of Sith self-pity, which is frankly overabundant. Everyone knows how hurt you are about what transpired between us when Ivan jerked us around over peace terms.

Another way to respond would be to point out that this treaty existed before the war, and in fact predates both the Polar-NSO treaty and the NSO itself. While RoK remains the same alliance, and Polar more or less the same, NSO had no problems remaining allied to us while we held this exact same treaty with RoK in he past. Literally, the same treaty between the alliances. You either hitched your wagon to a follower of Supercomplaints from the beginning or we've suffered some sort of fundamental (and unprovable) change in our alliance's character.

A final way to respond would be to do something like this: Say what you want about Polaris, we've done our fair share of disreputable and unsavory things in the past few months, but declaring war on two of RoK's direct allies is probably not "follower" behavior.

[quote name='kevin32891' date='01 April 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1270093541' post='2242993']
Don't do that yet, I see many fireworks coming from you guys in the future. And I for one love fireworks.
[/quote]

You are right on that, fireworks coming [b]from[/b] us.

Y'know, NpO has backstabbed, betrayed,and disregarded many alliances. The one that they choose to repair their bonds with first is one that underwrites tech raids on alliances.

I guess I need to re-evaluate my opinion of Emperor Penguin.

[quote name='Newhotness' date='31 March 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1270093182' post='2242984']
[b]NpO[/b] for being !@#$%* treaty partners
[/quote]
Wait you have your alliances mixed up, and I fixed it for you. Happens sometimes.

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='01 April 2010 - 01:54 AM' timestamp='1270094065' post='2243014']
Y'know, NpO has backstabbed, betrayed,and disregarded many alliances. The one that they choose to repair their bonds with first is one that underwrites tech raids on alliances.

[/quote]

Are you really taking about backstab? :lol1:

[quote name='kevin32891' date='31 March 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1270092678' post='2242964']
I know you guys love them thats why you signed a treaty with them right?
[/quote]

And your point is?

[quote name='Proko' date='31 March 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1270093959' post='2243012']
There are all kinds of ways to respond to this post.

One way would be to point out the weak "no u" that is the first sentence followed by a standard Musso response. Sure, the rest has the pleasant vitriol, but it fails as a response to my accusation of Sith self-pity, which is frankly overabundant. Everyone knows how hurt you are about what transpired between us when Ivan jerked us around over peace terms.

Another way to respond would be to point out that this treaty existed before the war, and in fact predates both the Polar-NSO treaty and the NSO itself. While RoK remains the same alliance, and Polar more or less the same, NSO had no problems remaining allied to us while we held this exact same treaty with RoK in he past. Literally, the same treaty between the alliances. You either hitched your wagon to a follower of Supercomplaints from the beginning or we've suffered some sort of fundamental (and unprovable) change in our alliance's character.

A final way to respond would be to do something like this: Say what you want about Polaris, we've done our fair share of disreputable and unsavory things in the past few months, but declaring war on two of RoK's direct allies is probably not "follower" behavior.
[/quote]
Hey, Cheyenne, it's the part where they blame it all on NSO! I knew it was coming. Yeehaw! Why, that darned Ivan Moldavi, no doubt your very own Imperator Emeritus is the sort to "jerk around" one of his own alliances. You know, him and his reputation for not keeping his word and for dishonor. Sounds just like him.

Anyway, about you telling me that I'm wallowing in self-pity, all I can say in response is that it seems to me that while I suppose it's within your rights to screw your allies, you can't really ask them to be happy about it.

And PS, I have no objections to RoK. I just feel sorry for them.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='kevin32891' date='01 April 2010 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1270094169' post='2243017']
Wait you have your alliances mixed up, Happens sometimes.
[/quote]

You realise he was defending you right?

EDIT: Subtle edit from you there, didn't notice a thing ;)

Edited by lazaraus45

[quote name='kevin32891' date='31 March 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1270094169' post='2243017']
Wait you have your alliances mixed up, and I fixed it for you. Happens sometimes.
[/quote]
i think you just read it wrong. lol. i said pretty much what you edited my post to say. NpO were bad partners and didnt apologize to you guys for it. I guess i could have worded it a little better

[quote name='kevin32891' date='31 March 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1270094307' post='2243025']
I just stated my point, [b]reading sometimes is a doozy for me as well.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='01 April 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1270094483' post='2243033']
You realise he was defending you right?

EDIT: Subtle edit from you there, didn't notice a thing ;)
[/quote]

[quote name='Newhotness' date='01 April 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1270094516' post='2243034']
i think you just read it wrong. lol. i said pretty much what you edited my post to say. NpO were bad partners and didnt apologize to you guys for it. I guess i could have worded it a little better
[/quote]
Like I said, its a doozy. Thanks for clarifying.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='31 March 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1270094065' post='2243014']

[/quote]

You can say that about anything. TOP stood by Pacifica for any number of arguable atrocities, but you can't let that kind of thing ruin your style. If you want to judge Penguin, go get to know him. We're re-signing a treaty with very old friends, and if that's enough to warp your perception of probably the nicest guy in the game, then so be it.

[quote name='kevin32891' date='01 April 2010 - 04:03 AM' timestamp='1270094582' post='2243036']
Like I said, its a doozy. Thanks for clarifying.
[/quote]

no problem, happy to help with the lack of comprehension that all sith clearly suffer from

[quote name='heggo' date='01 April 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1270094408' post='2243030']
Hey, Cheyenne, it's the part where they blame it all on NSO! I knew it was coming. Yeehaw! Why, that darned Ivan Moldavi, no doubt your very own Imperator Emeritus is the sort to "jerk around" one of his own alliances. You know, him and his reputation for not keeping his word and for dishonor. Sounds just like him.

Anyway, about you telling me that I'm wallowing in self-pity, all I can say in response is that it seems to me that while I suppose it's within your rights to screw your allies, you can't really ask them to be happy about it.

And PS, I have no objections to RoK. I just feel sorry for them.
[/quote]

You seem in dire need of a hug. Everything will be okay. I promise.

[quote name='Proko' date='31 March 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1270094797' post='2243040']
You seem in dire need of a hug. Everything will be okay. I promise.
[/quote]
I'm good in the hugs department, actually, but an apology from your alliance would be fine instead.

Or can't y'all take responsibility for your mistakes?

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Jrenster' date='01 April 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1270094894' post='2243043']
Polar is a good alliance and has excellent leadership, barring what occurred during this war. I'm going to deviate from my colleagues and give my congratulations to Polar.
[/quote]

Thank you, nice to see a rational voice in NSO.

I'm not entirely fond of the bickering going back and forth here either.

While i'm not exactly the biggest fan of this particular treaty, I suppose it only makes sense to renew a relationship that you lost recently. I sincerely hope you try to renew the others. Good luck.

[quote name='Proko' date='01 April 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1270092666' post='2242963']
Put the Polar name in the marquee and the Sith show up in droves. Embrace your hatred, I guess.
[/quote]
We couldn't think of anyone more deserving :rolleyes:

[quote name='D34th' date='01 April 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1270095005' post='2243046']
Thank you, nice to see a rational voice in NSO.
[/quote]

I don't think my alliance mates are being irrational. They are merely expressing their opinions over this matter and I am expressing my own.
I am still displeased with what happened during the war, but I don't think it's necessary to shun away Polar because of it.