Joint New Polar Order/Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='02 April 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1270140672' post='2243922']
If you haven't noticed there is a distinct lack of cheer for this announcement.
On the NSO subject, NSO never would have been at war if it wasn't for the ego of NpO. You guys started a massive global conflict over a issue that had been resolved long before you stumbled on it.
[/quote]

The issue still existed and still existed well into the war, but do keep on spinning. My ego is massive, your ego is at least as massive, was there a point there? I started a war over what I believed, you continued to fight for what you believed, what exactly is the issue you have with that?

NSO would never have been at war unless they wanted to be at war, and they really really wanted to be at war. They wanted war and had tried umpteen times to start one, I delivered, they should be worshiping me for the opportunity presented to gain so much publicity which still endures.

Speaking of resolution, I thought we, as in you and I, were done? Seems some lingering issue there?

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 April 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1270157132' post='2244351']

NSO would never have been at war unless they wanted to be at war, and they really really wanted to be at war. They wanted war and had tried umpteen times to start one, I delivered, they should be worshiping me for the opportunity presented to gain so much publicity which still endures.
[/quote]

Right and when it went to war we had your back. Turned out you didn't have ours. Anyway, as far as the publicity, for that we are forever greatful.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='02 April 2010 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1270144101' post='2244033']
Welcome to the "have been defecated on by Polaris" club.
[/quote]

How exactly did we poop on you. You said ''bring it'', I obliged. You request, I deliver. You have a strange sense of economics?

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='01 April 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1270151025' post='2244211']
I think some of the comments from NSO were misguided, along with some of the responses from Polar. I can see no reason why ROK and Polar can not and should not endeavor to follow their own paths without undue interjection into their personal affairs.

Most of my comments in this thread stem from what I perceive as direct insults and accusations towards my character, thus I have responded. As it seems that has ended I am fine to leave this thread.

Again, as I said in my first post, congratulations to both parties.
[/quote]

I thank you, Ivan. I believe my post in this thread was well grounded.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='02 April 2010 - 05:09 AM' timestamp='1270148935' post='2244156']
[color="#0000FF"]Did you just completely miss the point? I never said private negotiations were unacceptable. Most of the time that's where its done. I was simply saying that since negotiations were done in private that your allies had no idea that you were accepting peace, which has been confirmed by said alliances numerous times already. This was said in response to your claim that "the peace was no secret." Well, it was, and with this response you just confirmed that.

I really hate to have to spell things out, but it was necessary here. Either way, I applaud your incredible ability to remain inconsistent. You know I think you've just been trained to contradict anything that paints Polar in a bad light without giving it any thought? How else could you defend the epic stupidity and poor management that Polaris displayed in the last war? Maybe your revisionism is best for you. I mean, how else could you remain in an alliance after a failure of that kind? I'd be so embarrassed I'd have left. Come to think of it, it really is amazing how wrapped up in a false belief the human mind can become. Ignorance truly is bliss for some.[/color]
[/quote]

RV, ordinarily I would just ignore you but lets pretend for just a minute that I actually care what you think shall we.

Mismanagement is exactly what happened, the reasons for it re nothing to do with this forum, but the peace process with \m/ was mismanaged. It is my direct fault and I both accept and concede that. I apologize for my mistake. There was never any epic stupidity and I refuse to accept such an assertion.

Given the same set of circumstances to play with over again, I would still be attacking \m/. I have no regret at all over attacking \m/. Take it as read that I am still very very happy that I started the war.

Likewise, given the same set of circumstances, I would still offer \m/ terms on day one and still accept them at any time.

I would of course change many other things about how I personally dealt with things. It is clear I made some gross errors, but my errors were compounded by the actions of others, people who of their own free will chose a path that saw them end up in grief. Am I responsible for their plight? To some extent, but they also contributed heavily to their own position, I will take the blame to a point, after that their own ego can deal with their own ego.

NSO has a legitimate axe to grind, but any interest I have in said axe expired a long time ago. I don't personally give a toss about Polar-NSO relations. We are better off without them and likewise they are better off without us. I honestly hope the treaty is never ever re-signed and I am guessing so do they. Seems like the perfect deal then?

If you have a specific question that you feel you need answered RV, feel free to click PM and I will be only too happy to respond. You may of course feel free to make public the response if you wish ;)

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 April 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1270158146' post='2244376']
I don't personally give a toss about Polar-NSO relations. We are better off without them and likewise they are better off without us. I honestly hope the treaty is never ever re-signed and I am guessing so do they.
[/quote]

Ah, now I understand your motive for completely screwing us over. You've been trying to get rid of us for some time now then, eh? Also, at least from my own personal standpoint, you've guessed incorrectly.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 April 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1270158146' post='2244376']
RV, ordinarily I would just ignore you but lets pretend for just a minute that I actually care what you think shall we.

Mismanagement is exactly what happened, the reasons for it re nothing to do with this forum, but the peace process with \m/ was mismanaged. It is my direct fault and I both accept and concede that. I apologize for my mistake. There was never any epic stupidity and I refuse to accept such an assertion.

Given the same set of circumstances to play with over again, I would still be attacking \m/. I have no regret at all over attacking \m/. Take it as read that I am still very very happy that I started the war.

Likewise, given the same set of circumstances, I would still offer \m/ terms on day one and still accept them at any time.

I would of course change many other things about how I personally dealt with things. It is clear I made some gross errors, but my errors were compounded by the actions of others, people who of their own free will chose a path that saw them end up in grief. Am I responsible for their plight? To some extent, but they also contributed heavily to their own position, I will take the blame to a point, after that their own ego can deal with their own ego.

NSO has a legitimate axe to grind, but any interest I have in said axe expired a long time ago. I don't personally give a toss about Polar-NSO relations. We are better off without them and likewise they are better off without us. I honestly hope the treaty is never ever re-signed and I am guessing so do they. Seems like the perfect deal then?

If you have a specific question that you feel you need answered RV, feel free to click PM and I will be only too happy to respond. You may of course feel free to make public the response if you wish ;)
[/quote]

You do bring up a good point, AlmightyGrub. But I do have my questions.....as to why the NSO hate NpO so....can someone please give me insight into this? Like I stated before, I'm asking all these questions on my own, and from purely a diplomatic point of view.

[quote name='DracoAltair90' date='01 April 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1270158620' post='2244389']
You do bring up a good point, AlmightyGrub. But I do have my questions.....as to why the NSO hate NpO so....can someone please give me insight into this? Like I stated before, I'm asking all these questions on my own, and from purely a diplomatic point of view.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say we "hate" them so much as we hate their recent actions. I do not hate Polaris.

[quote name='Corinan' date='01 April 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1270158526' post='2244385']
Ah, now I understand your motive for completely screwing us over. You've been trying to get rid of us for some time now then, eh? Also, at least from my own personal standpoint, you've guessed incorrectly.
[/quote]

Actually, Grub was probably the most staunch NSO supporter in the alliance until all the events that happened in January and February. When Frostbite was canceled, Grub decided to sign a separate treaty with you guys against the advice of more than one Council member because he felt an obligation to keep you guys alive.

[quote name='Corinan' date='01 April 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1270158718' post='2244390']
I wouldn't say we "hate" them so much as we hate their recent actions. I do not hate Polaris.
[/quote]

I think this echo's the overwhleming majority of NSO. We still have great respect for the polar BR, not so much for Grub and some of the other leadership.

I will forever remember Polaris as the one who spat in the face that helped them and tried to fight for them, and then made a pact to those that opposed and ridiculed them.

I'm not part of the hailing brigade, enjoy the blood treaty Polaris.

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='DracoAltair90' date='01 April 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1270158857' post='2244394']
I can tell that, but why does NSO as a whole "dislike" Polaris' actions?
[/quote]

In January, Polar pulled out of the war with no warning to its allies, which certainly ruffled some feathers at NSO. Later, Polar re-entered, defending NSO by declaring war on GOD, but after a couple weeks came to a peace agreement with GOD and their allies that did not include peace for NSO. Polar among others claim that NSO could have received peace had they behaved differently, NSO denies this as far as I can tell.

edit: that's as unbiased an analysis as I can provide, not being privy to any of the details of events after January.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='DracoAltair90' date='01 April 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1270158857' post='2244394']
I can tell that, but why does NSO as a whole "dislike" Polaris' actions?
[/quote]

You've missed the entire argument of this thread then.

[quote name='Lennox' date='01 April 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1270159198' post='2244401']
You've missed the entire argument of this thread then.
[/quote]

excuse me for coming into this thread late, then....(bows apologetically)

[quote name='William Blake' date='01 April 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1270127769' post='2243623']
We do? I don't think anyone's given \m/ all that much thought for the last couple months, let alone enough to consider continuing any sort of grudge you continue to say we hold towards your alliance. You can't seriously be [i]that[/i] paranoid, can you?
[/quote]
Yeah, sure. You attacked us for no reason. Why shouldn't we watch you and be skeptical of you?

The hate is deep, the war is recent, the wounds are fresh.

[quote name='Carfre Inpor' date='01 April 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1270129156' post='2243643']
@Starfox - since the start of this conflict we've made it clear that we didn't want to kill \m/ . If you will, accept my invitation and meet me in irc so we can chat a bit. Also [OOC]congrats on your newborn, I hope everything is going well[/ooc]
[/quote]
Yeah, that would have been bad PR and have gone against your stated goals, so of course you tried to make that clear.

OOC: Thanks, it is. :)

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='01 April 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1270145378' post='2244069']
Gosh, by the way this thread has gone, it seems like Starfox may wake up the next day treatied to the Sith! The look on his face... wouldn't that be a Kodak moment?
[/quote]
We hate the same person, perfect ground to build a friendship on, haha.

o/ RoK I wish you the best, I question your wisdom in this decision. It's yours to make so I won't object with more than a bit of head shaking. I wish we had talked about it a bit more and would like to have more communication. You guys are fun to talk to after all. Lots of luck, Like you guys even if your actions sometimes confuse me.

NpO I hope that Penguin (Who I have heard many say is quite excellent) leads you to a better future, your philosophy and ours do not mesh well and so having a common ally may give us some friction but perhaps it may lead to a better understanding. Please in the future don't put our mutual ally in any awkward situations and we should do alright. As one of the skeptics I would love for you to prove me wrong.

Overall not a fan of this it seems a bit sudden.