Cybernations' Most Egomaniacal?

Stonewall Jaxon

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='25 March 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1269564739' post='2236778']
It's funny how most of these names are from a bygone era, it almost seems as though the days of the personality in alliance leadership are a thing of the past (and this feeling is certainly not shaken when noting the number of large, bland and faceless alliances knocking around these days). Is personality now considered too offensive for high level government, or too dangerous, or what?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Personality got alliances killed back when the NPO ran things. A personality meant a strong alliance. It meant independence. So what we got instead were unimaginative bureaucrats who could play along with whoever was in power. These people connected themselves with the NPO, if they could (in the case of Superfriends and some of the former Continuum alliances whom later entered), or instead did nothing and just sat there, hoping to survive (in the case of Complaints and Greivances). So yes, dull, unimaginative leaders. All of them the same, all leading their own fiefs, which are all the same. Any of these alliances could disband today and the world would not feel any impact.

Alliances such as NSO or NPO or STA and Polaris even, do have a mark on the world. They are led by personalities. They are unique and cannot be replaced. But groups like Sparta, MK, RoK, and CSN, etc. are all mostly the same. Same type of membership. Same type of leadership. Really, the existence of most of these alliances is hardly necessary. They are all the same. Products of the survivalist mindset, the mindset that required keeping a low profile and becoming a collaborator, in order to survive in the NPO's world. Indeed, it was needed then, but this is a new world, and I find it amazing that this type of thinking has carried into this new era. It is unfortunate really.

And for the record, although I do like you Aimee Mann, BACON doesn't really have any personalities either. So I don't see you spicing up the world. Maybe you should make an effort to change that, eh?[/color]

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we're all ruling nations with dictatorial powers pretty much regardless what the plebes [i]think[/i] their government is... I'll shamelessly bandwagon on to the opinion that pretty much everyone here's got at least a bit of ego-nut in them.

I really hope the dinosaurs who roam CN will realise someday that the vast majority of us were not here when people like PC and Chris kaos were doing whatever it is they did to burn their images into your cortexes so effectively. I barely caught the tail end of Walford & NoWedge... -_-

Now I do remember the Scholar; THERE was an ego! :D

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='25 March 2010 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1269529677' post='2236364']
P_C, NoWedge, Chris Kaos, Stumpy, Doitzel, RV, Londo, Jack Diorno, and I'll throw in Magical Trevor for the lulz.

Seriously, though, there's too many to make a really comprehensive list.

Also, some banned players, and a certain leader of a certain alliance who's acronym starts with 'G' and ends with 'D' with an 'O' in the middle.
[/quote]
Finally, I am on a list with noWedge. My dreams are all coming true!

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='25 March 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1269546712' post='2236522']
Not sure I've seen it yet, but LiquidMercury.
[/quote]
He came to mind when I made my post but I can't say he's the biggest of all-time. Certainly up there though, especially in modern terms.

Anyone who ever had to deal with noWedge knows he was the biggest egomaniac ever to walk the face of this planet. Perhaps even more so than theblitz.

Though I will admit, for the most part, I liked theblitz.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='26 March 2010 - 07:35 AM' timestamp='1269603330' post='2237245']
I think the moral of the story here is that personalities get a one way ticket to ZI land.
And those who survive are nameless, faceless citizens who fade into the background as best they can.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I know when you say "personalities" you mean great men. Men such as myself, or even Doitzel of Schatenmann, and not simply someone with a personality. We all have personalities, but most people are weaklings. They are not great men, so it is no wonder they fade away when they are sentenced. But men, men like I, I fight and I win. I survive and I lead the way. There is no force in this world that can do away with me. So while sheep and mice may survive in this world, it is the lions, such as I, who thrive and reach greater glory.[/color]

[quote name='Dilber' date='26 March 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1269579428' post='2237063']
It's true. I was.
[/quote]

To be honest, I took the fact that I got mentioned before you did as a personal victory :P

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='27 March 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1269648722' post='2237895']
I'm enjoying the fact that I wasn't mentioned at all.

My plan is working.
[/quote]
Don't worry; being in a large(er) alliance gets oyur personality a bit more... profile I guess. I don't think we can claim any particular personalities, though Comrade Craig (and Finnish Commie in his day) might disagree.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='26 March 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1269646071' post='2237853']
[color="#0000FF"]I know when you say "personalities" you mean great men. Men such as myself, or even Doitzel of Schatenmann, and not simply someone with a personality. We all have personalities, but most people are weaklings. They are not great men, so it is no wonder they fade away when they are sentenced. But men, men like I, I fight and I win. I survive and I lead the way. There is no force in this world that can do away with me. So while sheep and mice may survive in this world, it is the lions, such as I, who thrive and reach greater glory.[/color]
[/quote]

Or maybe you just realize that if you voice your opinion you can't be silenced. The only way to really silence someone is to see if the break the rules of admin. Sure they can attack you but once you realize that's all that they can really do and you can rebuild your nation and still have your voice.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='26 March 2010 - 05:10 AM' timestamp='1269580213' post='2237076']
surprised no one mentioned Vladimir from NPO.
[/quote]
"Egomaniacal" implies to most an [i]undeserved[/i] pride and arrogance. With this past year proving me right about absolutely everything that ever happened, my name and the concept are not linked in in people's consciousness.

[quote name='Vladimir' date='27 March 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1269713812' post='2238431']
"Egomaniacal" implies to most an [i]undeserved[/i] pride and arrogance. With this past year proving me right about absolutely everything that ever happened, my name and the concept are not linked in in people's consciousness.
[/quote]

Maybe it's the language barrier but, to me at least, "egomaniacal" has nothing to do with said obsessive love being deserved or not.