Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Saber

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='07 March 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
:lol1: Wow, this is absolutely laughable, is she going to spam and photoshop you out of the war? I can't imagine that TOP has a single member less qualified to lead.
[/quote]
I'd say something about stones and glass houses, but I'm pretty sure whatever structure you lived in was nuked flat, so throw all the stones you want Mr. "Did you polar too stupid to read".

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='07 March 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1268020000' post='2217586']
Hey Bob, go read the Valhalla charter. The Emissary is not a job which requires any FA nor knowledge thereof. The position of Emissary only requires that one be able to spam embassies, tow the party line, and read the OWF. I do believe it is the second of these requirements that cause problems for most, considering the party line of Valhalla has traditionally been irrational. However, it seems you would make a perfect Emissary, other than your inability to express your thoughts using proper grammar.
[/quote]
lol, you win. Good luck SGC! I realize it's a rough time to take leadership, but alliances have gone through worse and came out on top (That pun was completely unintentional btw, really) ^_^

[quote name='Blue Lightning' date='08 March 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1268029508' post='2217734']
I didn't vote for this !@#$... <_<
[/quote]
[quote name='Blue Lightning' date='12 May 2008 - 08:37 AM']Have you read the TOP charter, and do you agree to abide by it if granted membership? Sure.[/quote]

!@#$ happens, dawg :awesome:

Jenko will honestly make a great Grand Hospitaller. I have yet to meet another more hard working Government member and he deserves this promotion.

Sky, especially in these trying times, will prove to be an excellent Grandmaster.

And no Longbowe and Bob Sanders, you have it all wrong. They all came from Valhalla for me!

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
:lol1: Wow, this is absolutely laughable, is she going to spam and photoshop you out of the war? I can't imagine that TOP has a single member less qualified to lead.
[/quote]
At least she doesn't have to lead the Failhalla.

o/ Good luck to the Grand Mistress!
o/ TOP

I totall forgot Jenko. Jenko, you're quite the man and I'm happy to see you get this promotion!

Edited by erikz

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='07 March 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1268020000' post='2217586']
Hey Bob, go read the Valhalla charter. The Emissary is not a job which requires any FA nor knowledge thereof. The position of Emissary only requires that one be able to spam embassies, tow the party line, and read the OWF. I do believe it is the second of these requirements that cause problems for most, considering the party line of Valhalla has traditionally been irrational. However, it seems you would make a perfect Emissary, other than your inability to express your thoughts using proper grammar.

Also, for those of you saying this was a choice (Amossio): This was a mandate from Johan via his sacred document, The Charter of The Order.
[/quote]
So in your opinion someone holding the position of Emissary shouldn't need to be able to handle a basic noob rogue case? I'm telling you flat out that Sky was incapable of handling such a situation when no other gov was around. Instead she attempted to pull me out of retirement because she wasn't quite sure what to do about a war between two nations under 1k NS. :rolleyes: I can't think of a more basic FA situation that could exist on Planet Bob.

I didn't even bring up the fact that she was essentially a stool pigeon for TOP while sitting in Valhalla's gov for months clumsily trying to influence our FA in favor of TOP. Of course you already know that and I'm sure you will repeat some sort of hollow denial. TOP is nothing but a backstabbing, traitorous alliance that liked to push around its now former allies(see Kronos-STA reps fiasco recently) and that finally caught up with you. The only thing bittersweet about TOP getting rolled is that I dislike some of the people fighting TOP almost as much as I dislike TOP. Luckily I can take solace in the fact that you are dishing out massive damage on the way down.

[ooc]By the way my grammar is just fine. I'll just assume that you haven't read anything that I have ever written other that that singular IRC quote. The fact that you brought that up just shows how pathetic you are. [/ooc]

[quote name='Lafayette' date='07 March 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1268027826' post='2217707']
I'd say something about stones and glass houses, but I'm pretty sure whatever structure you lived in was nuked flat, so throw all the stones you want Mr. "Did you polar too stupid to read".
[/quote]
Please explain in detail how that quote affected my ability to run Valhalla's military because that is the only gov position I have held in Valhalla. I eagerly await your response. Until then I'll just take solace in the fact that your supposed "gotcha" line had zero effect on how I did my job. Sky's history on the other hand is completely relevant to the position she currently holds.

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='08 March 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1268026942' post='2217696']
Longbowe was and would be the best Grand Hospitaller ever.
[/quote]
SomeGuy would be better.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Jason8' date='07 March 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1268024250' post='2217657']
Also, Bob Sanders has bad things to say about it. That's basically a blessing for success. ;)
[/quote]
Hello there ally :awesome: Considering that TOP recently screwed over Kronos I can't help but wonder why you are defending them so strongly. Its almost as if you have some other reason but I can't quite put my finger on it. :smug:

[quote]Blue Lightning, on 12 May 2008 - 08:37 AM, said:
Have you read the TOP charter, and do you agree to abide by it if granted membership? Sure.[/quote]

[quote name='mitchh' date='08 March 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1268029991' post='2217745']
!@#$ happens, dawg :awesome:
[/quote]
[img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/iceburn.gif[/img]
burned by your own quote.

Congrats on the gov change I guess. I can think of worse people for the job.

[quote name='joracy' date='08 March 2010 - 06:13 AM' timestamp='1268025510' post='2217679']
yeah, Sky's going to poach all of CnG gov and CnG will collapse :(

On another note, Zombie Glaucon is correct, and Akasha also held the same position. I believe other alliances have had females as their top person also.
[/quote]

Indeed.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 07:58 AM' timestamp='1268035367' post='2217818']
So in your opinion someone holding the position of Emissary shouldn't need to be able to handle a basic noob rogue case? I'm telling you flat out that Sky was incapable of handling such a situation when no other gov was around. Instead she attempted to pull me out of retirement because she wasn't quite sure what to do about a war between two nations under 1k NS. :rolleyes: I can't think of a more basic FA situation that could exist on Planet Bob.

I didn't even bring up the fact that she was essentially a stool pigeon for TOP while sitting in Valhalla's gov for months clumsily trying to influence our FA in favor of TOP. Of course you already know that and I'm sure you will repeat some sort of hollow denial. TOP is nothing but a backstabbing, traitorous alliance that liked to push around its now former allies(see Kronos-STA reps fiasco recently) and that finally caught up with you. The only thing bittersweet about TOP getting rolled is that I dislike some of the people fighting TOP almost as much as I dislike TOP. Luckily I can take solace in the fact that you are dishing out massive damage on the way down.

[ooc]By the way my grammar is just fine. I'll just assume that you haven't read anything that I have ever written other that that singular IRC quote. The fact that you brought that up just shows how pathetic you are. [/ooc]

Please explain in detail how that quote affected my ability to run Valhalla's military because that is the only gov position I have held in Valhalla. I eagerly await your response. Until then I'll just take solace in the fact that your supposed "gotcha" line had zero effect on how I did my job. Sky's history on the other hand is completely relevant to the position she currently holds.
[/quote]

I would like to remind you that Sky has been in TOP almost a year since she left Valhalla. She has come on leaps and bounds since than and been able to work with some highly experienced players. I've seen her conduct in peace negotiations and other FA interactions with both friendly and unfriendly alliances and i have 100% faith she will perform her duties with excellence.

I have no doubt that Sky tried to convince Valhalla to be supportive of TOP (to what extent, i don't know) but that is surely expected when she later joins the alliance. Maybe that action hints that she was in one way or another fond of TOP? I think it's pretty standard for people to want to be aligned to alliances they like.

My advise is for you to look up sky's [i]recent[/i] history in FA and take a look at what the people in this forum (which, may i remind
you is a center for FA)think of Sky. Perhaps their visions of how she conducts FA differs to yours?

Edit: Quick shout out to ma homies for believing in me. And my producer, my director and my mom of course! Love you mom!

Edited by kencojenko