Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Saber

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='07 March 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
:lol1: Wow, this is absolutely laughable, is she going to spam and photoshop you out of the war? I can't imagine that TOP has a single member less qualified to lead.
[/quote]

Well [i]somebody[/i] seems to not like Sky irrationally.

[quote name='Voytek' date='07 March 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1268016928' post='2217509']
Ouch bro, that's not really something you say to a lady!
[/quote]

Do women need some kind of special protection from harsh words? She wouldn't be qualified for the job of Grandmistress of TOP if that were so, especially during a war like this.

So I guess you agree with Bob Sanders that she isn't qualified for the job, but for sexist reasons.

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='07 March 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
:lol1: Wow, this is absolutely laughable, is she going to spam and photoshop you out of the war? I can't imagine that TOP has a single member less qualified to lead.
[/quote]
I completely agree. It's a travesty that this has allowed to happen. I've personally taken the steps to start a formal Vote of No Confidence on Grandmistress SkiGreenChick with the reasoning being that Bob Sanders doesn't approve. Don't worry bro. We'll take her down.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='08 March 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1268017756' post='2217529']
Do women need some kind of special protection from harsh words? She wouldn't be qualified for the job of Grandmistress of TOP if that were so, especially during a war like this.

So I guess you agree with Bob Sanders that she isn't qualified for the job, but for sexist reasons.
[/quote]

I think you're reading a wee bit too much into a cheap little gag there, champ. :mellow:

[quote name='Duke William I' date='08 March 2010 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1268017274' post='2217517']
I hope Avernite is well. And wish my friends in TOP only the best.
[/quote]
Avernite is well, but he is rather busy and cannot continue in this role.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 02:42 AM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
[/quote]

Precisely why have you chosen to single out those two characteristics as some form of example of perceived incompetence? The only attribute that spamming would hint towards is an over-abundance of time, which is far from a detriment to good leadership. Quite the opposite, it is a bonus, though admittedly not the most important one.

[quote name='Saber' date='07 March 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1268018273' post='2217541']
Avernite is well, but he is rather busy and cannot continue in this role.
[/quote]
Quite good to hear. People being otherwise is never good.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='07 March 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
[/quote]
You stay classy, Bob Sanders!

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='07 March 2010 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1268017824' post='2217530']
I completely agree. It's a travesty that this has allowed to happen. I've personally taken the steps to start a formal Vote of No Confidence on Grandmistress SkiGreenChick with the reasoning being that Bob Sanders doesn't approve. Don't worry bro. We'll take her down.
[/quote]

ALL HAIL FEANOR! The sword strikes again.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='07 March 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
[/quote]

Hi Bob Sanders! Thanks for reminding me of reason #482 to not want anything to do with Valhalla:

[quote]
#482 In the halls of Valhalla, there is a beast. He is like to open wide his gaping maw and shout absurdities. Yea while he doth dwell in the halls of Valhalla, thou shalt not enter therein, nor partake ye of their women excepting that they first join themselves to the Platypus. Yea, even say I, Johan.[/quote]

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='Voytek' date='07 March 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1268017923' post='2217532']
I think you're reading a wee bit too much into a cheap little gag there, champ. :mellow:
[/quote]

Sexism is no laughing matter. Starts off as an off-colour joke around the office, and next thing you know Mary gets passed over for emperor, SkyGreenChick can only become Grandmistress when someone quits, and the rest of the women of the Cyberverse toil away in middle management blinded from the glare of refracted light coming through the glass ceiling. Disgusting.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' date='07 March 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1268016519' post='2217497']
Wow, that's not very nice.
[/quote]
Nope

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='07 March 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1268016625' post='2217501']
Are you Bob Sanders really to stupid to read?
[/quote]
1.5 years ago called, it wants its joke back

[quote name='Believland' date='07 March 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1268016668' post='2217504']
How dare you, she's a very nice lady!

Also, you can never have enough Timber
[/quote]
What does nice have to do with being an alliance leader? I'll take someone who can handle a basic noob rogue case while being MoFA of an alliance. Lest you all forget she was Valhalla's MoFA awhile back.

[quote name='joracy' date='07 March 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1268017566' post='2217525']
Well [i]somebody[/i] seems to not like Sky irrationally.
[/quote]
Yep, not like I have ever been in an alliance in which Sky was involved in FA.

[quote name='Letum' date='07 March 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1268018351' post='2217542']
Precisely why have you chosen to single out those two characteristics as some form of example of perceived incompetence? The only attribute that spamming would hint towards is an over-abundance of time, which is far from a detriment to good leadership. Quite the opposite, it is a bonus, though admittedly not the most important one.
[/quote]
Because they are her [b]only[/b] FA related skills, I'm not even slightly joking.

Edited by Bob Sanders

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='07 March 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1268019283' post='2217563']

Because they are her [b]only[/b] FA related skills, I'm not even slightly joking.
[/quote]

Actually that completely wrong and you should be ashamed. I have full confidence that sky will be able to poach over enough people to make TOP win this war.

(See what I did there)

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='07 March 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1268018914' post='2217555']
Sexism is no laughing matter. Starts off as an off-colour joke around the office, and next thing you know Mary gets passed over for emperor, SkyGreenChick can only become Grandmistress when someone quits, and the rest of the women of the Cyberverse toil away in middle management blinded from the glare of refracted light coming through the glass ceiling. Disgusting.
[/quote]
We actually have two women in our Council. Saber is very modest but she is pretty and petite.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='07 March 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1268019283' post='2217563']
Yep, not like I have ever been in an alliance in which Sky was involved in FA.
[/quote]

Hey Bob, go read the Valhalla charter. The Emissary is not a job which requires any FA nor knowledge thereof. The position of Emissary only requires that one be able to spam embassies, tow the party line, and read the OWF. I do believe it is the second of these requirements that cause problems for most, considering the party line of Valhalla has traditionally been irrational. However, it seems you would make a perfect Emissary, other than your inability to express your thoughts using proper grammar.

Also, for those of you saying this was a choice (Amossio): This was a mandate from Johan via his sacred document, The Charter of The Order.