Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Saber

[quote name='flak attack' date='07 March 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1268035401' post='2217819']
SomeGuy would be better.
[/quote]

SomeGuy doesn't do GH stuff. It means Triumvir of Internal Affairs, I guess and SomeGuy's an FA guy(has served as Grand Legate and Grand Chancellor), so Jenko was the right choice after all given his experience as Treasurer and Inductor. I don't understand why TOP's charter has the GH as first in line for succession though. I also don't necessarily get why the FA guy(Grand Chancellor) is in charge of the military but I think that mil stuff has generally been handled by the Grand Defender despite the charter's wording.

Sorry for nitpicking.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1268035601' post='2217822']
Hello there ally :awesome: Considering that TOP recently screwed over Kronos I can't help but wonder why you are defending them so strongly. Its almost as if you have some other reason but I can't quite put my finger on it. :smug:
[/quote]

I hear some people just don't like you.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1268035367' post='2217818']
So in your opinion someone holding the position of Emissary shouldn't need to be able to handle a basic noob rogue case? I'm telling you flat out that Sky was incapable of handling such a situation when no other gov was around. Instead she attempted to pull me out of retirement because she wasn't quite sure what to do about a war between two nations under 1k NS. :rolleyes: I can't think of a more basic FA situation that could exist on Planet Bob.

I didn't even bring up the fact that she was essentially a stool pigeon for TOP while sitting in Valhalla's gov for months clumsily trying to influence our FA in favor of TOP. Of course you already know that and I'm sure you will repeat some sort of hollow denial. TOP is nothing but a backstabbing, traitorous alliance that liked to push around its now former allies(see Kronos-STA reps fiasco recently) and that finally caught up with you. The only thing bittersweet about TOP getting rolled is that I dislike some of the people fighting TOP almost as much as I dislike TOP. Luckily I can take solace in the fact that you are dishing out massive damage on the way down.

[ooc]By the way my grammar is just fine. I'll just assume that you haven't read anything that I have ever written other that that singular IRC quote. The fact that you brought that up just shows how pathetic you are. [/ooc]
[/quote]

Seriously, you need to read your charter. Let's look at what the Emissary does:
[quote]Emissary: The head ambassador of Valhalla. The Emissary is responsible for creating diplomatic ties with foreign alliances, maintaining a diplomatic stance, and keeping suspected foreign threats under observation. [/quote]

The Regent:
[quote]Regent: The official leader of the alliance. The Regent is responsible for all facets of the alliance, including, but not limited to, international politics, Einherjar organization, and general leadership of the Valhalla. [/quote]

Interesting, the Emissary is not responsible for actual matters of Foreign Affairs, instead that is the Regent. It is not in the power of the Emissary to deal with a "simple noob rogue case", in fact the only one holding power to make such a powerful decision is the Regent or Vice Regent. Perhaps you could say the Marshal has the power to do so, but anything more and that's a stretch. Even for you.

Come on Bob, learn about your own alliance before you come here and make stuff up.

Edited by Titus Pullo

[quote]I didn't even bring up the fact that she was essentially a stool pigeon for TOP while sitting in Valhalla's gov for months clumsily trying to influence our FA in favor of TOP.[/quote]
Really, Bob, you mean she was trying to influence Valhalla's FA in favor of their direct ally, TOP? What a disgrace!

Think before you post, seriously. Sky is an asset to any alliance she joins and she will, as many have pointed out, perform admirably as our first Grandmistress.

May Johan guide our new government,

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='kencojenko' date='08 March 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1268036514' post='2217831']
I would like to remind you that Sky has been in TOP almost a year since she left Valhalla. She has come on leaps and bounds since [color="#FF0000"]than[/color] and been able to work with some highly experienced players. I've seen her conduct in peace negotiations and other FA interactions with both friendly and unfriendly alliances and i have 100% faith she will perform her duties with excellence.

I have no doubt that Sky tried to convince Valhalla to be supportive of TOP (to what extent, i don't know) but that is surely expected when she later joins the alliance. Maybe that action hints that she was in one way or another fond of TOP? I think it's pretty standard for people to want to be aligned to alliances they like.

My advise is for you to look up sky's [i]recent[/i] history in FA and take a look at what the people in this forum (which, may i remind
you is a center for FA)think of Sky. Perhaps their visions of how she conducts FA differs to yours?

Edit: Quick shout out to ma homies for believing in me. And my producer, my director and my mom of course! Love you mom!
[/quote]
I'd like to remind you that my quote was from way before that, had nothing to with actual gameplay and your very own Shortbowe was more than happy to allude to it as a ad hominem attack. If you are gonna tell me to let bygones be bygones I suggest you tell the same to Shortbowe.

Sky had repeatedly told people that she was planning to leave for TOP and then ran for office again and served another 2 months. I'm sorry you can't see why I have a problem with that. As far as I'm concerned she was not a loyal member of Valhalla during that last term, she was a member of TOP in every way other than alliance affiliation. Maybe she has learned alot in that time, I guess we'll find out. Forgive me if I don't have very much faith in a TOP electorate that put Crymson into gov immediately after he almost single-handedly caused one of TOP's treaties to be canceled because he was deceitful snake in the grass.

[color="#FF0000"]P.S. I'm sure Shortbowe will be along shortly to point out your incorrect usage of "than." He seems to be good at that sort of thing.[/color] :awesome:

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='08 March 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1268037727' post='2217842']
Seriously, you need to read your charter. Let's look at what the Emissary does:

The Regent:

Interesting, the Emissary is not responsible for actual matters of Foreign Affairs, instead that is the Regent. It is not in the power of the Emissary to deal with a "simple noob rogue case", in fact the only one holding power to make such a powerful decision is the Regent or Vice Regent. Perhaps you could say the Marshal has the power to do so, but anything more and that's a stretch. Even for you.

Come on Bob, learn about your own alliance before you come here and make stuff up.
[/quote]
That's why she had me handle it when I had no government position? She had every ability and power as an Einherjar member to talk to a tiny alliance about an extremely minor issue like that. You are completely ridiculous...... Thankfully for us we have been without your stupid legalistic interpretations for quite some time. And no its not a stretch, our current Emissary would handle a similar situation in his sleep.

Edited by Bob Sanders

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1268016434' post='2217491']
:lol1: Wow, this is absolutely laughable, is she going to spam and photoshop you out of the war? I can't imagine that TOP has a single member less qualified to lead.
[/quote]
I can assure you that there are many less qualified members than Sky in this alliance, me for one.

Congrats to our fine government.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1268039768' post='2217856']
I'd like to remind you that my quote was from way before that, had nothing to with actual gameplay and your very own Shortbowe was more than happy to allude to it as a ad hominem attack. If you are gonna tell me to let bygones be bygones I suggest you tell the same to Shortbowe.

Sky had repeatedly told people that she was planning to leave for TOP and then ran for office again and served another 2 months. I'm sorry you can't see why I have a problem with that. As far as I'm concerned she was not a loyal member of Valhalla during that last term, she was a member of TOP in every way other than alliance affiliation. Maybe she has learned alot in that time, I guess we'll find out. Forgive me if I don't have very much faith in a TOP electorate that put Crymson into gov immediately after he almost single-handedly caused one of TOP's treaties to be canceled because he was deceitful snake in the grass.

[color="#FF0000"]P.S. I'm sure Shortbowe will be along shortly to point out your incorrect usage of "than." He seems to be good at that sort of thing.[/color] :awesome:

That's why she had me handle it when I had no government position? She had every ability and power as an Einherjar member to talk to a tiny alliance about an extremely minor issue like that. You are completely ridiculous...... Thankfully for us we have been without your stupid legalistic interpretations for quite some time. And no its not a stretch, our current Emissary would handle a similar situation in his sleep.
[/quote]

Our 'very own shortbowe' is in no way connected to TOP except for his alliance being at war with the same alliances we are. You should know he is not a member of TOP and thus, i can not tell him to do anything without infringing on his sovereignty (see, we do learn our lessons). I'm afraid that to me, anyone that wishes to run for government (which is generally a large charitable contribution with little thanks) is a loyal member of an alliance. The fact your alliance continued to select her as a member of your government means that either you were a minority in not considering her loyal, or you had no other options. If the latter is true, maybe that is why she continued in the role?

You should also note that when Crymson was re-elected, our electorate was relatively uninformed about the Kronos/STA affair and the effect it had on relations with Kronos. I was our main point of contact at the time and i had some severe internet connectivity problems and thus could not keep tabs on the situation. Yes, that's a bad show on us that one member was the only real direct contact we had, but we have most definately learned from that mistake. The treaty was also cancelled post election, so the extent of any damage was not at that time clear.

Edited by kencojenko

ok... This is a TOP announcement concerning TOP gov...
Bob vocally made his point clear and I'll ask now every valhallan to remain civil.

I had the chance, yes the chance, to know Sky as her Emissary Deputy in Valhalla and I wish her luck in her new impressive job.

If guy a attacks your guy, as a FA representative, you must speak to guy a. That is the politics between an individual entity and an individual nation representing its people. Though I do not agree with Bob going after Sky, to argue his stance by bringing his own charter into this is redundant; it is still a political situation. Now, for someone to ask advice like she did shouldn't be considered a taboo either, Bob, especially since her position is only that of spamming? (Not too sure, excuse my ignorance)

Good luck Sky. I've liked you since CIS.

Edited by Ejayrazz

[quote name='joracy' date='08 March 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1268025510' post='2217679']
yeah, Sky's going to poach all of CnG gov and CnG will collapse :(

On another note, Zombie Glaucon is correct, and Akasha also held the same position. I believe other alliances have had females as their top person also.
[/quote]
Dawny was one of our original Co-Presidents, and stayed as sole President after DoubleU resigned.

KaitlinK ran Monos Archein for a while too.