Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Saber

I'm not going to say congratulations, Sky. You've inherited a tough job in a really tough time and I don't envy you that.

I will say good luck, however. Just remember that no matter how tough things are, if you surround yourself with good people and treat them well, they'll get you through any thing.

Good luck Sky and good luck TOP in this new era.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='08 March 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1268089130' post='2218436']
Yea, you are just another pathetic loser with no actual argument or content in your post. Go climb in your hole . [/quote]

Oh woe is me. I have been housed by the great Bob Sanders. Oh what ever will I do.

I will answer your implied challenge for a content-filled post/argument:

Not once have I seen a shred of proof of either her incompetence or her misconduct within your alliance, and yet you want...no...expect(!) content and argument in response?

If being laid into doesn't tickle your fancy, then provide some content and, thus, something to give a real response to. Present me with evidence that I am somehow wrong about my evaluation of this individual and have been for the last year and a half. Logs, screenshots, even a well-detailed anecdote. If you want to bring your attitude about this individual into public, you better be prepared to back it up.

I am available through the normal lines of communication until around 10:00 PM EST (OOC: anything afterward and I'll be out). I will take a non-response as your inability to back up any of your comments. Likewise, I am perfectly willing to listen to your side of the story and will eat crow if its in any way credible. And, of course, if your evidence is lacking...well...there's always that hole I was in.

I may be a loser, but I am a fair-minded loser. :smug:

So, in summary: You want content, then present some content. Present a real argument as to her incompetence or poor quality of play. Or you can go on mudslinging someone, only this time without any justification. I hear that will get you somewhere nowadays.

Also: Free Electron Sponge's llama, Pingu. Or I will have to shout things at you. :D

[quote name='Pingu' date='08 March 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1268095935' post='2218602']
Sponge's llama is gainfully employed in my bar spitting in trouble-makers' drinks until such time as Sponge ransoms said beast by paying off his considerable tab.
[/quote]

Oh, I see. I am not one to stand in the way of someone calling their tab.

Carry on. :)

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='08 March 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1268075505' post='2218159']
It is you who need learn more about your own alliance, for if you believe I haven't experienced Valhalla from the inside you know nothing about your heritage nor history. You'll be fine if you continue to do what is demanded of you, dissent or stray from the path set by the Regent and you will see that you require eyes in the back of your head. I'm glad you can quote the one most ambiguous part of the charter and fail to continue to read the very next section which clearly limits the powers of each Einherjar and gives supreme power to the Regent.
[/quote]

No. I have been elected to government office 4 times in Valhalla. I have been top 3. I have been a Q representative. I am now retired gov, but with advisory duties & capabilities. I know damn good & well what goes on there.

My opinions, even those that are 'dissenting', have been and continue to be valued and respected, and occasionally even acted on. Valhalla may be ultimately led by the Regent, but our work is done as a [i]team.[/i] My experience has not been your experience. So please and thanks, leave our Charter out of this. This whole debate over whether or not a MoFA should be able to handle a rogue attack is one of the more ridiculous arguments I've seen, and I can't believe you'd go nitpicking at a Charter to figure that one out.

Anyways, good luck to TOP.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='08 March 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1268090378' post='2218461']
The Valhallan Charter debate is unneeded here.

Simply put, TOP's charter has a clear line of succession, and that line has placed Sky as Grandmaster for better or for worse.

What some Valhallans think about her qualifications is irrelevant.
[/quote]

My apologies, you are, of course, correct that the debate over the fallacies of the Valhalla charter are off-topic. However, I would love to continue this debate in private with those who would oblige, as some already have.

As for you Kry: You obviously do not know me very well if you can't believe I'd turn this into a charter debate.

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='08 March 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1268075505' post='2218159']
You'll be fine if you continue to do what is demanded of you, dissent or stray from the path set by the Regent and you will see that you require eyes in the back of your head.
[/quote]
Yeah, this isn't how Valhalla has ever worked really, even under noWedge. Speaking as someone who's dealt with them a lot more than most.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 March 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1268098491' post='2218648']
Yeah, this isn't how Valhalla has ever worked really, even under noWedge. Speaking as someone who's dealt with them a lot more than most.
[/quote]

I'm more inclined to side with Longbowe here since he was an actual founder of Valhalla, a member of its gov, and found himself gunned down and perma zi-ed by noWedge for disagreeing with him. However, things have certainly have changed and I'm proud to be able to say I have many friends in Valhalla, chefjoe seems to be more accepting of outside opinions (albeit still scary as $%&@ with his murderous elmo avatar :awesome: ). But way back in the day, I wouldn't be surprised if LB's analysis isn't far off

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 March 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1268098491' post='2218648']
[/quote]
Ummm bro, LB was a founder of Valhalla. I'm sure he knows how it works perfectly.

[quote name='Believland' date='08 March 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1268099268' post='2218670']
Ummm bro, LB was a founder of Valhalla. I'm sure he knows how it works perfectly.
[/quote]

LB hasn't been in Valhalla for a very long time.

Chef Joe is not noWedge.

We've amended our charter several times, and there's been a complete rewrite in the last several months.

Claiming LB has valid working knowledge of how Valhalla functions at this time is ridiculous.

[quote name='ajaxpenny' date='08 March 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1268033087' post='2217795']
Jenko will honestly make a great Grand Hospitaller. I have yet to meet another more hard working Government member and he deserves this promotion.

Sky, especially in these trying times, will prove to be an excellent Grandmaster.

And no Longbowe and Bob Sanders, you have it all wrong. They all came from Valhalla for me!
[/quote]
Ajax im a bit surprised at this poor attempt at humor.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' date='08 March 2010 - 04:10 AM' timestamp='1268039713' post='2217855']
Really, Bob, you mean she was trying to influence Valhalla's FA in favor of their direct ally, TOP? What a disgrace!

Think before you post, seriously. Sky is an asset to any alliance she joins and she will, as many have pointed out, perform admirably as our first Grandmistress.

May Johan guide our new government,
[/quote]
Things change people change as has been said by many of OUR .GOV we wish top well.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='08 March 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1268069540' post='2218084']
Bob, why don't you just let Sky back into Valhalla so she can run for and perform the duties as emissary to your satisfaction? Would that make you leave her alone?
[/quote]
NOT going to happen

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='08 March 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1268075505' post='2218159']
It is you who need learn more about your own alliance, for if you believe I haven't experienced Valhalla from the inside you know nothing about your heritage nor history. You'll be fine if you continue to do what is demanded of you, dissent or stray from the path set by the Regent and you will see that you require eyes in the back of your head. I'm glad you can quote the one most ambiguous part of the charter and fail to continue to read the very next section which clearly limits the powers of each Einherjar and gives supreme power to the Regent.
[/quote]
Things have changed while the Regent still remains the final word there is a trust amongst the einherjar and the Regent. That trust is what makes us work. CJ is and Valhalla now =/ NoWedge and Past Valhalla not even close I truly wish this could be put to rest.

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='08 March 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1268088514' post='2218407']
I agree with Bob Sanders

edit: The zergrush of white knights was pretty hilarious
[/quote]
I feel as if im missing the joke here cuz Sponge would never agree with Bob

I ask that any VAlhallans simply avoid this thread or keep our buisness out of it . This is not about us but about TOP. Longbowe let it go things have changed times have changed. Once again I wish TOP the best of luck with this change.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='08 March 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1268036821' post='2217834']
SomeGuy doesn't do GH stuff. It means Triumvir of Internal Affairs, I guess and SomeGuy's an FA guy(has served as Grand Legate and Grand Chancellor), so Jenko was the right choice after all given his experience as Treasurer and Inductor. I don't understand why TOP's charter has the GH as first in line for succession though. I also don't necessarily get why the FA guy(Grand Chancellor) is in charge of the military but I think that mil stuff has generally been handled by the Grand Defender despite the charter's wording.

Sorry for nitpicking.
[/quote]

I wasn't present for the drafting of the Paradoxian Charter, but if I had to guess, the rationale for placing the GH second in the succession would be as follows:

What we think of ourselves, our internal unity, our continued activity, and who we allow to join our sacred hall is miles more important than what foreigners think of us.

That sums up the Paradoxian mindset right there from top to bottom.
[quote name='Coursca' date='08 March 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1268070287' post='2218094']
And I can't think of anyone less qualified to lead, well, much of anything.

Insert "did you Polar..." and "did you Bob Sanders..." comments here.

Also, could it be that I agree with someone from ODN (Pingu) on something? Dear sweet Admin, the world's ending.
[/quote]

Most educated and rational individuals find themselves agreeing with Pingu sooner or later. Barry White is with him as strongly as Johan is with Feanor.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='08 March 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1268109833' post='2218845']
Most educated and rational individuals find themselves agreeing with Pingu sooner or later. Barry White is with him as strongly as Johan is with Feanor.
[/quote]

These words are both kind, for which I thank Walker, and utterly true, for which I thank Barry.

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='08 March 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1268088514' post='2218407']
I agree with Bob Sanders

edit: The zergrush of white knights was pretty hilarious
[/quote]

Did I just hear Sponge agree with Bob Sanders? wtf. This has got to be some typo. My Brain is going to asplode. This topic should now be about this...

[quote name='Kryievla' date='09 March 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1268096389' post='2218623']
My opinions, even those that are 'dissenting', have been and continue to be valued and respected, and occasionally even acted on. Valhalla may be ultimately led by the Regent, but our work is done as a [i]team.[/i] My experience has not been your experience. So please and thanks, leave our Charter out of this. This whole debate over whether or not a MoFA should be able to handle a rogue attack is one of the more ridiculous arguments I've seen, and I can't believe you'd go nitpicking at a Charter to figure that one out.

Anyways, good luck to TOP.
[/quote]

Shame not often. Shame it's getting worse. Shame Valhalla died circa end of 2008, start of 2009. <_<

I can't believe his rogue attack thing was even brought up, but then again, an alliance that allows people like Bob Sanders and ChairmanHal free reign on the open world what are you to expect. Really should get it sorted.

Edited by MadScotsman

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='08 March 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1268098812' post='2218662']I'm more inclined to side with Longbowe here since he was an actual founder of Valhalla, a member of its gov, and found himself gunned down and perma zi-ed by noWedge for disagreeing with him.[/quote]
Let's just say that there were other people in Valhalla at that time who also disagreed with noWedge and got away with it.

noWedge would have liked to have the kind of iron fist that Longbowe thinks he had, but he didn't.

[quote name='PrinceArutha' date='09 March 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1268112877' post='2218895']
Did I just hear Sponge agree with Bob Sanders? wtf. This has got to be some typo. My Brain is going to asplode. This topic should now be about this...
[/quote]
Sponge probably still remembers Sky's part in the jerdge incident.

[quote name='Virillus' date='09 March 2010 - 03:11 AM' timestamp='1268122552' post='2219105']
Bob Sanders: Your belief that Planet Bob is made up entirely by static characters is as hilarious as it is disconcerting.
[/quote]
He's not alone in that belief. How many people here still hate NPO because of things they did in 2007?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='09 March 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1268138634' post='2219185']
How many people here still hate NPO because of things they did in 2007?
[/quote]
How many people here remain intentionally ignorant of things they did in 2009?