Nostalgia - Great War II

Ardus

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that. VE fought NAAC. I got clobbered, I knew so little about how to wage war back then, the NAAC nation I fought was happy to show me how it was done though. That was my first and only ZI, I also remember thinking it was complete !@#$%^&* we were stuck supporting a war cause GOONS didn't like somebody from an offsite rivalry.

I also remember thinking it was complete !@#$%^&* we were stuck supporting a war cause GOONS didn't like somebody from an offsite rivalry.

Exactly why I didnt want anything to do with it. Invasion politics is a very sad excuse for the real thing.

I was a GATO nooblet back then. My master strategy of attacking 3 nations backfired when 3 more attacked me.

GATO's declaration on just about everyone was a masterpiece!!

I remember eagerly anticipating Legion's entry, but only because everyone else said how awesome it would be. Had to wait for GW3 to watch the awesomeness.

Ivan wasn't named Commandant until after the war I believe. As for target lists, we got most of ours from GOONS so there really was no need to make them. We did edit some though, I know I did that during GWIII for a counterattack on NAAC that never materialized. Spent a few hours on it and nothing happens. Imagine my relief. But yes, Anthony did coordinate things, I know that much.

No, I wrote the War Powers Act, which Dilber announced, sometime before the war. This post is from January 2nd and I was Commandante then. I would have to do a bit more research to find the specific date and have limited access to the necessary resources to complete that but I was Commandante prior to the start of GWII.

EDIT: This is the announcement of the War Powers Act naming me Commandante. It is dated December 28, 2006. http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=41082

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

I find this post absolutely hilarious:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...t&p=6092151

The time leading up to GW II is supposed to be the most interesting time of CN and still apparently the game was boring. I'm now 100% convinced you all whine to much.

Was that the original "Do Something About It" or was that a meme back then too?

No, I wrote the War Powers Act, which Dilber announced, sometime before the war. This post is from January 2nd and I was Commandante then. I would have to do a bit more research to find the specific date and have limited access to the necessary resources to complete that but I was Commandante prior to the start of GWII.

EDIT: This is the announcement of the War Powers Act naming me Commandante. It is dated December 28, 2006. http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=41082

Shows how much I was paying attention then, doesn't it?

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

lulz

Oh, the puns. They used to be used a lot less.

>_>

lol

Was that the original "Do Something About It" or was that a meme back then too?

It probably wasn't THE ORIGINAL, however, it wasn't really a meme back then by any standards either.

The Second Great War was caused purely by ego and in retrospect was really embarrassing, stupid and sad.

It was probably a sweet time to be in the Initiative though.

and a small alliance, it was the best time to be in one as there was a larger pool to recruit from, other small allainces to ally with, and they had there own political world, I have not seen starting or micro allainces winning personal wars and being as successful now as they where back then, possible do the deflation of population in CN and protectorates, small allainces above 10 members are often regulated now a days and the now common protection makes wars between them as impossible as wars between larger allainces as micro alliances are now linked and apart of the same political climate as the superpowers.

That doesn't read #disgaea2

I named that channel, you know. :awesome: I was routinely ignored, though <_<

Honestly I don't remember much of you prior to the post-GWIII era. Or maybe GWIII. We had you as a Captain in charge of overseeing a couple of battalions. But that wasn't until after I was War Council, as half of that council was useless. Chron had some good ideas, but was very inactive. Squintus was completely inactive. Lysdexia and I did all the work, and she eventually burned herself out, leaving for Valhalla during GWIII. So it was during that war that you and SW really came to prominence in the military. But I don't really remember much of GWII aside from what I did. I wasn't overseeing you at that time.

Actually, I was scurrying around trying to find things to do, and was working assigning targets and running coordination. GWII was the only other war I actively tried to do stuff in (aside from GWI when I was a Lt.), and had come up with a counter-strategy in case the League had decided to go nuclear in order to compensate for our lack of warchests, I forget what the details were, but it was never used ultimately.

My lack of activity was more during my WC period in the lead up the GWIII, after the reforms were implemented.

Damn Frawley kneecapped them by ignoring my requests to discuss bankers sending out cash rewards due to wanting to focus on aidfalls for allies. <_<

Edit: For Spelling fail

Edited by Chron

Yeah, well, I'm just telling you what I remember as a Lieutenant.

Ah, in that case you weren't there for when Bakunin was cracking the whip on target assignments for the rest of us. I was also always more active in the higher level channels than in the normal military ones.

Edit: And Lys didnt burn herself out until you guys decided to burn yourselves out manually assigning folks to squads...There's memories I don't like from back then. I really hated putting that burden on you guys, even unintentionally.

Edited by Chron

Chron, I'm not sure how you named #disgaea2, when the WUT leadership channel was #disgaea3 and was there before that one :P

I named both, actually, because the one before that was #FFTactics and I (still) didn't know how to register rooms, which lead to it being...Well frankly I dont know what happened to that room, my memory isn't absolutely perfect.

#Disgaea2 was in keeping with the theme of TBS games I came up with.

:P

Oh how I miss the care-free days of no warchests, no staggers, and free-for-all. Also, the instant anarchy trick was awesome, very useful. I was in VE at the time (no surprise there) and we fought NAAC. And GATO iirc. Good times.

Edit:

I agree that #disgaea2 was the best channel ever, followed by #initiative

Edited by Smooth